Episode 12: Detective Sehun

EXO Next Door + 2

BOTH Yeonhee and Sehun turned their heads when Baekhyun and Kai arrived at the washing area. Sehun was sorting the types of clothes while Yeonhee watches the washing machine’s tub to spin before the two arrived.

“Oh? It’s working?” Baekhyun said and they went near them.

Sehun stopped what he’s doing while Yeonhee showed a quick smile at Baekhyun. “Yes. It’s not broken. Just… something’s stuck between the tub and the inner part of the washing machine.” Yeonhee said and averted her eyes away from them.

“Really? What is it?” Baekhyun asked. He waited for Yeonhee to answer until he noticed that she started blushing. He got confused and thought that he might have said something that made her blush.

Sehun suppressed his laughter and went near Baekhyun to whisper. “Hyung, it’s your boxer shorts and underwear.” He sniggered while Baekhyun’s jaw dropped. Gasping silently because of what Sehun told him.

“I’m… I’m sorry. I think I didn’t notice that, THAT thing fell there. But you don’t have to worry, Incheon-ttae! In case you’ve touched it, I’m… I’m one of the cleanest person in this house. He-he.” He tried to fake a grin to ease his awkwardness.

Yeonhee is still embarrassed about it but she managed to nod a couple of times as a response to Baekhyun’s explanation.

“Uhm… I’ll try to contact Suho hyung if he’s on his way home. I will ask him if he could bring some snacks for us.” Kai said and immediately left them to go inside the house.

Sehun noticed the tone of Kai’s voice. It was something that sounded like whenever he’s worried about something. He knows Kai that well, of course. They are the maknae of their group.

“Hyung. Did something happen to Kai? He’s a bit…” He shrugged his shoulders. “I can’t really tell what. But I’m sure there’s something going on in his head.” He said.

Baekhyun ruffled Sehun’s hair. “He’ll be fine. Let’s continue to help Incheon-ttae so we’ll finish early.” He smiled and helped to sort the clothes.

After washing the clothes, the three of them went inside to finish some house chores. They thoroughly dust every part of the house, even the furniture and tried to re-organize some to look neatly new.

They are in the middle of cleaning the living room when they heard that someone’s opening the door because of the sound that someone’s inputting a passcode.

“Huh? Who might it be?” Kai said when he stopped pushing the sofa together with Sehun.

“Suho hyung?” Sehun said.

They heard a sound of rolling plastic tires and the person showed up after some seconds.

“Hey! Kyungsoo!” Baekhyun cheerfully said and went near him to pat his shoulder. “I guess your shooting is over?” he asked.

D.O. replied with a weak smile. “Yeah. It’s our last day today.”

Sehun went near D.O., too. “D.O.-hyung, you look tired and…” he scanned him from his head up to his toe. “You’re tanned. Is that natural?”

D.O. weakly giggled and tried punching Sehun lightly. “It is. The province where we had our shoot is kinda warm and is always sunny. Our lead actress’ skin turned tan, too.” He explained and the others nodded. “By the way, before I returned home I went to our company. Suho hyung said that he can’t go home this moment. So he gave me this instead.” D.O. reached something out of his pocket and the moment Baekhyun, Sehun and Kai saw the item, they cheered.

“Suho hyung said that this is just for buying food and necessities. No other things.” D.O. explained and the three nodded.

“I’ll take care of it since I am the eldest.” Baekhyun said and he reached for the card. (SUHO’S MAGICAL BLACK CARD *_*)

They all decided to sat down first while Baekhyun orders for food. D.O. leaned his body at the back rest of the sofa. “You seemed busy when I arrived. What are you guys doing?” He specifically asked Yeonhee who’s mouth has been shut since he arrived but Sehun answered for her.

“Hyung, we are cleaning the house together with Incheon-ttae.” Sehun proudly said.

“Ahh. Yeonhee, thank you so much for looking after these kids while we are away.” D.O. said and gave a smile at Yeonhee.

Yeonhee looked at him and shook her head. “That’s nothing. I can always help you about anything regarding this house.” She said and smiled. “However, D.O.-ssi… you look really tired. I think you should take your rest first, or at least sleep while we are waiting for the food. We will just wake you up when the food is ready. I’ll just prepare it.”

“Thank you, Yeonhee. But I’m afraid these guys will finish all the food before you can even wake me up. However, since you offered that you’ll wake me up, I’ll trust your words. I’ll just take a nap here.” D.O. placed a throw pillow at the other end of the sofa before he lies down. “Goodnight.” He said before closing his eyes.

Yeonhee gave a quick smile before her eyes ward off from D.O.

“Did Baekhyun hyung ordered a buffet? What takes him so long over the phone, aish.” Sehun complains while he stood up to go after Baekhyun, who went outside while ordering food thru a call.

Some seconds passed and the living room went silent. Yeonhee was trying to sit still and look straight at whatever that’s in front of her. “Why do suddenly feel awkward? Aish. When will I ever overcome this trait of mine?” Suddenly, Kai cleared his throat that made her twitch.

“I wonder if D.O. hyung is asleep by now?” he said.

“Huh?” Yeonhee firstly looked at Kai before shifting her look at D.O. to check if he’s already sleeping. “I think he is. His face looks relaxed now.” She said while looking at D.O.’s face. Her lips start to curve upward involuntarily.

“I hope that he’s really sleeping. I’ll be a bit embarrass if he hears this but,” Yeonhee looked back at Kai, “I just want to say sorry.” He looked down.

“Hm? F-for what?”

“I know I said something that made you surprised. I didn’t really intend to say that to make you feel embarrassed. I’m sorry, noona.” He said.

Yeonhee remembered what Kai meant by that. He was talking about the ‘marry-someone-like-you’ thingy. Actually, she was just shocked to hear that coming from someone who’s a member of a world-wide-known groupㅡto her. Of course, she can’t even imagine that someone like Kai have to marry someone like her like what he had said.

“T-that’s nothing. I know you didn’t really mean to say that, right?” she said that made Kai to turn his head in her direction and look at her.

“No. Honestly, I really have it in mind. I just never thought that it will make you feel embarrassed.” He explained.

“This is confusing me.” She thought. She’s trying to get that thought out of her mindㅡthat Kai really intends to say that to her, just to avoid making herself blush.

Kai took a deep sigh while he tightly shut his eyes. “I did it again, I’m so sorry. I really didn’t mean to make you blush every time I say something. Baekhyun hyung’s going to scold me again for this.” He said while he covered his face with his palms.

Yeonhee’s eyes went wide. She touched her cheeks and felt that it’s so warm. She waved her hands in front of her. “I-it’s not like that Kai-ssi. I’m not really embarrassed or anything. I’m just weird. You guys know about that right?”

Kai lifted his head to look at Yeonhee. Her cheeks are still pink. “Really? But Baekhyun hyung thought that I’m doing it on purpose to make you blush. He will not even believe me.” He said and heaved another sigh. “These days they always misunderstand everything that I do. I’m trying to compensate them by doing chores but, I ended up creating a mess.” He smiled bitterly.

Yeonhee’s brows furrowed while looking at Kai. Suddenly, she remembered about when she promised to help Kai. When Kai actually asked her if he could depend on her whenever he needs help about something.

She stood up. Kai followed her by looking. “I… don’t know what I can do. But I think Baekhyun needs to be cleared about things. I’ll try to talk to him.” She showed a quick smile at Kai before leaving the living room.

She went outside the house and the moment she faced her front again after closing the doorㅡshe bumped at something that made her lost her balance. Good thing that person quickly grabbed her.

She held a hand over her forehead. “Aw. That kinds hurts.” She rubbed it for a moment and looked up to check who’s that person that she bumped. “Ohh. Baekhyun-ssi. Good thing! I need to tell you something” She smiled.

“Y-you are blushing. Ahㅡ” Baekhyun held a hand over his chest and pat it after.

Yeonhee’s smile slowly faded. “Omo! I’m sorry! Did it hurt that much? I’m really sorry.” She said as she checks on Baekhyun’s condition. “A-are you okay?”

“What theㅡwhat’s happening here?” Sehun who’s just at the back of Baekhyun went beside them. He was a bit shock to see Baekhyun’s reaction while looking at Yeonhee and Yeonhee’s blushing face.

“What’s with you two?” he asked.

“Huh? N-nothing! She just bumped at me. And I think I’m just a bit tired from all of the cleaning. Let’s go inside while waiting for the food.” Baekhyun said and he started moving.

“But, Incheon-ttae, you said you need to tell Baekhyun hyung something right?” Sehun asked as he looked at Yeonhee who starts to shift glances around the place.

“Uhm… I think… uhm… I forgot what I’m going to say. Maybe later if I remember it.” Yeonhee forced a smile before going inside the house. Baekhyun followed her and Sehun was left alone in front of EXO’s house’s door with a cheeky smile.

“I TOLD you. I saw and hear it with my own two eyes and ears. Baekhyun hyung counts as fourth. Woaahh,” Sehun reached for the cup of coffee that Gwangsu just made. “I didn’t expect that things will turn more interesting as we go back to that house. I never thought that I will discover the two of them today. I knew it when Kai sounded different after he talked to Baekhyun hyung. I can’t believe Baekhyun hyung asked that to Kai and even if Kai denied it…”

“Kai, do you... like Incheon-ttae?"

Kai's eyes went round. But he managed to once again shook his head, slowly.

“Is that a ‘no’ for you don’t or a ‘no’ for an ‘I don’t know’?” Baekhyun asked immediately.

Kai looked down. He also took a sigh before answering. “Hyung. I hope you don’t misunderstand me. All I can say is, it’s not what you think. Things in our group as of now is a bit chaotic and I don’t want to add up to it. I’ll find a way to control this thing. Sorry.”

“It was clear to me though he did not say it directly.” He smiled and shakes his head, still can’t believe of what he has been discovering for the past few days of observing. “It’s not that I’m enjoying seeing my co members to like one girl. It’s just, can you even believe it? It’s like Incheon-ttae is going to have another season of Boys over Flowers.” He added before he sips into his cup of coffee.

Gwangsu crossed his arms in front of his chest and wear his usual frown even if he’s in front of Sehun. “Hyung. What you’re saying makes no sense.” He tilted his head. “I can’t get what’s that thing that will make those guys like my sister. She’s all trouble, you know? I think you should warn your members. Or control them. If ever things will go worst, I will ask our mother to stop Noona from going into your house.”

Sehun snorts out. “Yah. You’re being rude to Incheon-ttae. As what I’ve told you before, it’s fine. You don’t have to worry about anything. We are all nice.”

“EVEN SO. I just hope that you will not belong to those unwise guys that likes my sister. You will all get in trouble.” Gwangsu retorts.

Sehun lets out a mocking snigger as he placed his cup down to wrap an arm around Gwangsu’s shoulders. “About that thing, you don’t have to worry. I’m just going to watch our members and of course, try to balance them. And I’m not interested with things like that, you know.” He wiggles his eyebrows. “And you know, I just thought of something.”

Gwangsu looked at him, confused. But his face was still frowning. “What’s that?”

“Let’s have a deal about this. If Incheon-ttae chooses the member that I think she will end up with, you’ll have to promise me that you will have a café shop in the future and you will not charge me anything. But if you win, I’ll complete your martial arts materials. Call?”

Gwangsu furrowed his brows together. “What?!”

Sehun stopped smiling.

“If that’s the case, CALL! For my complete martial arts materials!” He readied his point finger to close the deal with Sehun. Sehun once again smiled and pointed his index finger to tap it with Gwangsu’s.

“This is going to be exciting!” He happily clapped his hand before he gets back to drinking his coffee.

~*~*~*~*~*~

FORGIVE ME. Gosh, it’s been a month TT___TT

Uhm, I know I can’t excuse myself but, I just landed a job. I’m kinda busy processing my requirements. But I’m almost done andddd… I will try my best to update every weekends ^___^

THANK YOU TO YOU, SO MUCHHHHHH for reading up to here ^^ and to everyone who waited for this update :D I’d also like to thank those who read the previous chapters, please subscribe and leave a comment ^___^

Thanks for the support ;u; <3 Thank you so much <3 From the deepest bottom of my heart!

BOW.

 

P.S. VOTE IN MAMA! WE’LL MAKE EXO WIN ANOTHER DAESANG FOR THIS YEAR *U* <3 FIGHTING!