Day Fourteen

15 Days With You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Day Fourteen

 

And I did get in trouble. Well, I'm still in trouble. 

 

I sighed deeply and put the remote down. I'm sick of watching TV. 

 

It's Sunday. No work, and I'm very much free. I discreetly looked down on my brand new dress. This is my 'date' outfit. I put on a little bit of make up and fixed my hair. Then I wore my nice sandals. Yup. I'm definitely dressed up for a date. 

 

But only, I don't have a date. 

 

-rather, my date has gone AWOL.  I

 

looked longingly at the clock: 10:00 A.M. She should've been here hours ago! I pouted and folded my arms across my chest.

 

 "This is all my fault." I muttered. 

 

 

"How would you like to go on a date with me tonight? I mean... just a friendly date. No expectations. Just me showing you around the town. So much has changed you know." 

 

"O-of course." I forced a smile on my face. "Why n-not?" 

 

The grip on my hand lessened until I felt Sana's hand slip out from mine. It felt empty. 

 

"Great! I'll pick you up at seven." He beamed at me. 

 

I glanced over at Sana and found her face emotionless. Stony... cold. Distant. 

 

Then, she excused herself from the table.  I stood up to follow her, but Jackson gripped my hand and lightly pulled me to sit down again. "Hey Chaeng, did you know Mrs. Lee died?" 

 

I could just watch longingly as Sana returned to the grill while Jackson told me how my high school Science teacher died. 

 

Later that afternoon: 

 

I looked at myself on the mirror and put on the last touches of my lip gloss. Then I checked myself for the last time. 

 

I look good. But not too good. I don't want Jackson to have some ideas.  At that time the door to my room opened and Sana went in. Our eyes locked and I could tell that it hurt her to see me getting ready for a... friendly date. 

 

She immediately turned around and started to walk away when I reached out and gripped her hand. We stood there, like a couple of statues until she broke the silence. 

 

"What do you want?" Her voice still cold as ice.  I went closer to her.

 

"Sana... I-I... please don't be like this." I whispered. 

 

She turned to face me, her eyes blazing. "Well, sorry if I'm acting so cold. It's just that my girlfriend is going on a date with someone else and I'm very, very pissed off." 

 

I looked down on the floor. "Sorry." I said in a small voice. 

 

"That's all that you have to say?" She pulled her hand out of my grasp. "Sorry?" She sarcastically laughed. 

 

I looked up. "Don't be so mean to me. It's just a friendly date!" 

 

"Do you think he really wants a friendly date? He just said that for you. And I'll bet a million dollars that he will make a pass at you later." She huffed. 

 

"Jackson is not like that." 

 

"So now you're defending him?" She ran her fingers through her hair; agitated. "I can't believe this." 

 

Her answer irritated me a bit. "I've known Jackson since I was little. He's kind, sweet, and a gentleman." 

 

Sana's eyes burned. I was half afraid she would vaporize me in a second. But then, she just looked away and shook her head; smiling bitterly. 

 

"Why do I even bother? Were gonna break up in a couple of days anyways." 

 

And then, she walked out, leaving me to just watch her back.

 

 

 I sighed. Again, while looking at my phone. 

 

To contact her or not. 

 

To text or to call. 

 

To hell with this! 

 

I picked up my phone and texted her. 

 

Good morning. 

 

I think my hair was starting to turn white by the time my phone vibrated again. 

 

Dubu: Chaeng! How did little vacation go? 

 

I groaned. It's just Dahyun. I didn't want to be a lousy friend, so I texted back. 

 

It went fine Dahyun. A little stressful maybe. 

 

Dubu: Oh, why? Btw, did Miss Sana arrive there safely? 

 

My brows connected. 

 

You told her where I went, didn't you? 

 

Dubu: ^-^v Sorry. It's just that she looked so worried and cute. I couldn't help myself. 

 

Yah! Kim Dahyun!

 

Dubu: Lol. I'm gonna be there in 15. 

 

I frustatingly threw my phone on the coffeetable. But then, it vibrated again. I almost dived to retrieve it, thinking that maybe Sana replied to my text. 

 

Dubu: Btw, I'm gonna bring food. 

 

Disappointed, I slumped down on the couch. 

 

Bestfriends. 

 

Sometimes blessings, sometimes a curse. 

 

 

"Tada!" Dahyun a bag full of junk food in front of me the moment I opened the door. Then, she barged right in. 

 

I followed her right towards the living room. 

 

"You're not here to gossip, are you?" I asked her. 

 

She grinned and laid back on the couch. "Of course not, silly. I'm here to interrogate you." 

 

I sat down beside her. "Well, you might as well start now." We're gonna be here for hours, I can tell. 

 

She put her leg up and folded it under her. Then, she faced me--serious as hell. 

 

"You only have to answer yes or no and I only have one question." 

 

I nodded and waited for it.

 

 

 

.

 

"Do you want to order pizza?" 

 

I pushed her while she just laughed heartily. "You are such a wuss!" 

 

She continued to laugh, shoulders bobbing up and down while I just frowned. But then, she sobered up after a minute or two. "Seriously though, I want pizza." 

 

I rolled my eyes. "There's the phone." 

 

She happily stood up and went over the phone to order. "Oh, by the way. Why are you all dressed up? Miss Sana and you have a date or something?" 

 

At the mention of her name, my heart started to race. Oh my... 

 

"Aaaand judging by the look on your face, I guess lover girl ditched you. Poor baby. What did you do?" 

 

I threw her an evil glare. "It's automatically my fault?" 

 

She nodded. "Chaeng, that girl is so devoted to you that she'll forgive you even if you crashed her car to a tree or something. You must have done something serious for her to ignore you." 

 

I pouted. "She's not ignoring me. Maybe she's just... at work." 

 

"Chaeyoung, it's Sunday." 

 

I groaned. "Fine! Maybe I did something wrong." 

 

She raised an eyebrow. "Maybe?" 

 

"Ok. I did something." 

 

She quickly skipped back to the couch and into my side. "What is it?" 

 

I started to fidget. "Imighthaveacceptedadatewithsomeoneelse." I finished in one breath. 

 

"What?" Her face looked puzzled. 

 

"I went on a date with someone else!" 

 

"WHAT?!" 

 

I flicked her forehead with my fingers. "Do I have to repeat myself over and over again?" 

 

S

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter