Tired Taehyung - Part 2

7 Paths, 1 Destination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Phew! That took longer than expected!" Taehyung whined as he cleaned the kitchen counter after cooking dinner. Five to ten minutes later, his mom unlocked the door with her own key and Taehyung gulped as she saw her red, angry face.

"M-Mom... W-Welcome b-back!" Taehyung jumped off the couch and slowly walked towards her.

His mom shut the door and turned around with a smile. A second later, her smile turned into an expression that even Taehyung couldn't make out.

"Why is the doorbell broken?!? Can you not break things?!? I see you also broke the lamp over there-"

Taehyung clapped to make her stop. "Wait! I did not break the doorbell! Namjoon-hyung did but I told him it was okay..."

"Oh, alright!" She smiled as she knew that she couldn't blame a wonderful boy like Namjoon.

"But I was the one w-who broke the lamp..." Taehyung looked down in fear.

As his mother was about to yell at him, Taehyung's phone rang. He answered the call. "Hello? Kookie?"

"Hi, did you invite my mom? To dinner? Like seriously? She is going to be bugging me and I do not want that to happ-" Jungkook complained.

"Relax! As your mom helped my mom, she deserves a treat! So… It's going to be a mother-son dinner! When are you coming, by the way?"

"Once my mom dresses up... Anyways, bye!" Jungkook ended the call.

Taehyung gulped as he lifted his head to look at his mother.

"I will forgive you this time because you worked hard all day, do I make myself clear?", she said.

The boy nodded. His mom went upstairs to freshen up while Taehyung arranged the dining table.

Meanwhile, Jungkook was dressing up for the dinner invite. "If mom wouldn't come, I could have confessed to-" He was startled by his mother's loud voice, asking him to come down.

After a while, Mrs. Jeon and her son were near Taehyung's door. Mrs. Kim greeted them inside and had a little talk while Jungkook kept looking around for his crush. Soon, Taehyung came down in a black shirt, covered with a brown jacket, and black trousers, and a little beanie.

Jungkook gasped and shook his head before he was caught staring. "Hyung! Good evening!"

"Whoa! Jungkook-ah! You look great! You're only wearing a simple shirt and you still pulled it off to look splendid, congrats!" Taehyung hopped towards him.

Jungkook blushed and replied. "Thank you. You look cool too. A beanie at home? Weird, but you still look adorable!"

Taehyung spun around and showed himself off.

"Alright, boys! Dinner time!" Mrs. Kim said as she served the dishes.

Taehyung greeted Mrs. Jeon and joined at the table, sitting next to Jungkook.

"Hyung, did you cook this? All of it?", the younger asked as he eyed all the dishes on the table.

Taehyung nodded playfully. After a few comments from the people about the food, there was silence. Jungkook served the other every time he was done. Taehyung noticed that, but didn't say anything, not with his mom around.

"Jungkook, sweetie, take for yourself, I am sure Taehyung would take if he needed to." Mrs. Kim said as she poured everyone a glass of juice.

The older of the two boys, stopped eating and took a sip of his drink instead. Mrs. Jeon and Mrs. Kim looked at each other before smiling and clearing their throats at the same time.

"So, what about you two? Having fun lately?" Mrs. Kim asked while Mrs. Jeon stuffed with carrots, curious for an answer.

Jungkook responded, "We just returned from the hospital, so not much." The youngest did not quite understand the meaning of the question.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter