Goodbyes and Goodnights

7 Paths, 1 Destination
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taehyung jumped downstairs and quietly sat on the couch to watch the movie.

"Oh, now what? Oh my God…” Hoseok began to rub his hands together while focusing on the movie, predicting the next scene of the horror movie.

Taehyung widened his eyes. "Oh! I know this movie! Now, the girl will come out of the TV and attack the boy!" He turned to look at the others - the others who were staring at him with an angry look.

"You little piece of-" Jimin covered Yoongi's mouth.

Seokjin turned red and stared into Taehyung's soul. "Who the heck told you to tell us what is going to happen next?!? You just ruined the whole movie for us! Do you have any idea how hyped we were for this movie?!?"

Taehyung pouted and softly apologized. "Sorry, it is just one scene though, how come the whole movie is ruined?" He felt a little bad now.

Jungkook on the other hand, didn't really care about the movie. All he cared for was his friend. "Guys, relax. He is right. Just one scene, let us continue now."

Everyone looked at the younger and agreed. Taehyung walked out of the living room. He went to the kitchen to grab himself a glass of water. 'Damn it! I just can't think of what to- Of course... Yes, that will surely work. For now, I just have to pretend like everything's okay... And I must avoid Jungkook before he tries to help me again...'

He wore his shoes and opened the door.

"Where do you think you're going, mister?" Namjoon turned around.

The younger replied, "Look, I know I am Kim Taehyung. But I am not the Taehyung you all know. I am me, and he is him. I cannot replace him just because I look like him... Sorry, but I cannot join the Golden Friends, as I don't have the gold in me. So, let me do what I want to. Joining your special group is like committing a crime according to me. Thank you for the food, it was delicious. I'm going home now. Goodbye, hyung-deul." He ruffled his hair before sliding his hands into his pockets.

Jimin ran to him and hugged him. "I will let you make your choice, TaeTae. But do remember that we will always be there for you. Goodbye, Tae and sleep well."

Tears rolled down Taehyung's cheeks at Jimin' kind and heart-touching words. He suddenly had flashbacks about his childhood with Jimin, their birthdays and other parties, all the good times they had together and most importantly, their friendship. Jimin and Taehyung were best friends, they could talk to each other about anything. But this time, Taehyung had to act like he was someone else, so even Jimin was not an option to talk to. He took a step forward, which caused Jimin to let go of the hug. As Taehyung left the house, there was awkward silence. No one talked – not about the movie, not Taehyung, not about anything.

Yoongi broke the silence, hoping Jimin wouldn't cover his mouth again. "All of that for nothing... Literally a waste of time..."

Seokjin rubbed his eyes. "No, it was worth a shot. At least we were trying to comfort him. The main point was to show our feelings for TaeTae and hopefully he would explain everything. Maybe he will talk to us more freely tomorrow at school. Right, Kook?" He furrowed his brows. "Kook?" Jungkook was not in the room.

They turned around when they heard the creaking sound of the door.

"Jungkook-ah? Where are you going? To Tae? Because I think you should give him some time alone, at least for-" Hoseok's words were cut off by the other's.

"I just received a text from my father. He wants me home. So, I gotta go. Plus, we have school tomorrow. See ya!" His words sounded cheerful but noticeably fake as well.

There was awkward silence again. An hour passed by, the movie was over, now presenting the credits.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter