13. Unexpected trip

Your colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    CHAPTER XIII

The rays of sunshine were strangely peeking through the curtains and landing on both Jennie’s and Jongin’s faces- maybe because they were too busy cuddling and talking last night to actually close them properly. The warm and bright light was disturbing Jongin’s sleep, which made him frown and grumble annoyed under his breath. His eyes opened slowly, seeing the curtains and sighing to himself before looking down, seeing the breath-taking fairy sleeping calmly in his arms. It didn’t take much until his lips curled up into a bright smile, then he slowly started to press sleepy, gentle kisses all over Jennie’s face. His hand wandered around in the bed, searching for his phone. Pressing the home button he was surprised to see the clock showing 9 a.m. which usually meant he was late for work. But today was Tuesday and he was- LATE FOR WORK.

 

He tried to unwrap his arms from around Jennie as gentle as possible as he started to curse under his breath, walking fast to the bathroom to wash his face and teeth. When he got back he noticed a sleepy Jennie rubbing her eyes as her head slowly turned towards him, being very confused about everything that was happening. Jongin explained everything as quick as possible while he was getting dressed, forgetting that he never undressed himself in front of Jennie, which ended with her hands covering her entire face as soon as he reached to take off his pyjama shirt. He was in a rush and he couldn’t do more than getting dressed and racing his car to the police station.

 

While he was looking for all the belongings he needed for work, Jennie quickly ran to the kitchen to pack two sad-looking sandwiches, some fruits and a bottle of freshly squeezed orange juice. She placed them in a bag and ran towards the door where Jongin was about to open and leave. Jennie handed him the food then she grabbed his shirt and pulled him down by his collar, pressing a sleepy, hurried, but sweet kiss to his lips. She pulled back with a smile and he almost didn’t want to go to work anymore, but he had to. He waved at her before the elevator doors closed and she walked back to the bedroom. Jennie curled up around his pillow, going back to sleep for a few more hours.

 

Strangely, she had a dream during her nap. And it was strange because it had been a long time since she last had a dream. It wasn’t a common one either, because she suddenly saw Jane by the river they used to hang out. She was looking sad, playing with the water as a few tears started to fall down on her cheeks. The dream wasn’t very coherent, because a lot of unrelated scenes played inside Jennie’s imagination. Jane’s parents were laughing at her, telling her how they were right and how Jennie was useless, that she couldn’t do anything and she was only telling lies. They were telling her how she abandoned her, how she wasn’t going to come back and that she’s incapable of doing anything right. A group of totally random fairies suddenly appeared and they were whispering about the sudden disappearance of Jennie, thinking how she might have been killed by some people who didn’t like her- leading to Jane’s parents.

 

Jennie woke up crying, because everything in the dream hurt her. 'Everything is a lie', she told herself, because she was trying her best to find a way of coming back with the petals. And she wasn’t murdered or anything, neither she was incapable of doing something she was asked to. The mission just turned out to be really hard and she needed more time to complete it. But her heart was still hurting and she needed to see Jane. She took a piece of paper and wrote a message for Jongin, leaving it on the bed.

 

She stood up and grabbed her backpack, taking out the fairy dust, opened her wings and threw it in the air on the balcony. She flew up into the sky, passing the clouds and feeling as if she was suddenly by the skies. She was slowly returning to the fairy world which looked really strange now that she’s seen colours. It looked strange, everything was black and white and she was not used to this now that she got to live on Earth for such a long time.

But Jennie’s reason for the visit was not to experience the black and white world again, it was to find Jane and comfort her. So Jennie wandered around all the places she and Jane used to hang out and after some long time of looking she finally saw Jane in a park. She was surrounded by lots of people and she seemed to be having fun, not showing any signs of sadness.

 

Jennie felt as if the whole world collapsed on her. She thought Jane was hurting in her absence, she thought Jane was lonely and more anti social than ever. But it turned out that Jane found a way of escaping from that after Jennie’s leave. She was surrounded by people Jennie had never seen before and there was no trace of sadness in her eyes- which usually tell everything about a person. Jennie wiped a sole tear that was falling on her right cheek then she flew to her house. She smiled to herself, remembering the time she used to live there and grabbed a few things to take with her back on Earth.

 

Jennie was determined to complete the mission now and she had a few solid reasons, which she was going to tell Jongin about. Her backpack was noticeably heavier during her journey back on Earth, but so was Jennie’s heart and mind. Her mind was filled with numerous and diverse thoughts, but she was feeling different.

 

Once she started to see the beautiful colours of the sunrise she realised she was once again on Earth. She landed on the balcony, thinking it didn’t take her too much and that she was going to wait for Jongin to come back from work, but in fact Jongin was sleeping on the bed with her note held tightly into his fist. There was a bouquet of withered roses on the floor and she decided to check the time before sliding back into bed. To her surprise, it was 2 days later and she was pretty much confused about the whole situation. Then she stole a glance at Jongin, her heart breaking a bit as she started to feel worse.

 

Jennie sat on the bed, gently moving Jongin’s head to her chest, pressing a kiss to the top of his head

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter