05. Oops?!

Your colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    CHAPTER V

Jongin still couldn’t believe his eyes as he looked at Jennie’s wings. Was he dreaming? Was this even real? He needed a slap or a pinch to see if that was a dream or if it was reality. But who needs a slap when the door bell has the same effect? ‘Who could it be at this hour?’ said Jongin as he hardly took his eyes away from Jennie, who was still munching on her delicious food, and took a glance at his clock that was showing 11:37 p.m. It was almost midnight and someone rang the bell at his door.

Being a bit suspicious, Jongin took out his gun from the drawer and walked towards the door, opening it without hesitation before holding again on the gun with both hands. His eyes then widened and he put the gun down, letting out a heavy sigh.

“What are you doing here?” he asked the young lady standing in front of his door

“I missed you, isn’t it obvious? And I’m sure you missed me too.” The lady said as she stepped inside and closed the door loudly, then pushed Jongin to the wall and started to kiss him passionately.

Jongin, smelling the bit of alcohol in her clothes, pushed her back and frowned while looking at her. “What is wrong with you? You made it clear that we broke up and I agreed with the decision. What do you think you are doing, by coming here drunk and doing this?!!” he spoke as his tone got higher enough to concern Jennie who didn’t know what was happening. She hid her wings again and put the blanket over her shoulders as she walked back inside and all the way to the lobby where the whole scene was happening. Jennie was looking at them both with wide eyes, noticing traces of the lady’s lipstick on Jongin’s face and tilting her head a bit.

“Who is this!? Did you already replace me?!!” the lady said as her eyes slowly started to fill with tears, while pointing at the clueless Jennie

“ ‘This’ has nothing to do with you and no it’s not a replacement. She is just a guest of mine and even if she was more than a guest, it’s none of your business since there’s nothing going on between us anymore.” Jongin said before letting out another heavy sigh. “I will call you a taxi. Wait a bit.” Jongin took out his phone and called a taxi company before turning the lady around towards the door.

“No… you can’t do this to me! You can’t send me home! Come on, baby. I know you want to take me into your bedroom and make love with me until the dawn!” the lady kept fighting back and talking while tears kept falling on her cheeks, but nothing softened Jongin who kept pushing her.

Jennie, on the other side, blushed deeply when she heard the lady’s words and cupped her own cheeks as she made her way back to the balcony. In the end, Jongin managed to send the lady home and to come back to Jennie.

“Come back inside, it’s cold by now.” He told her with a warm smile on his lips as he cleaned everything before closing the door as Jennie walked inside. “Don’t worry about that lady, I’m sure you’ve seen drunk people before, right?”

“Yes, I did… but they were not as… aggressive as this girl was.” Jennie spoke in a soft voice, scratching her nape as she looked at Jongin, then she blushed again and covered her cheeks. “And they didn’t say such… things as she did…” she looked down and took a deep breath, hoping for the red shade in her cheeks to disappear.

Jongin couldn’t help but laugh lightheartedly at her reaction, shaking his head amused. ‘Cute’, he mumbled as he made his way towards the kitchen. “I understand why you’re saying that. She was a bit… extreme. But you don’t have to worry about her, she is not going to come back here anymore. I made it clear to her before getting her into the taxi.”

“I see…” Jennie nodded slowly as she took a seat in the kitchen and watched him from behind. She got scared once Jongin dropped a plate and it broke in small infinite pieces. He just received a call.

“WHAT!? AND YOU ONLY CALL ME NOW?!!” Jongin shouted in the phone pretty irritated as he moved away from the kitchen and made his way towards the bedroom, where he got dressed and took his guns and handcuffs.

“Jennie, stay here and don’t think of leaving- it’s dangerous at night. I will be back hopefully tonight after I’m done with my stuff. Don’t open the door to anyone! You’d better go to sleep.”

 

Jongin said without letting her reply and quickly exited the apartment. Jennie was clueless to what was happening, but she nodded her head and thought of doing exactly as Jongin said. In fact, Jongin received a call from work that informed him about a prisoner that escaped from the jail and is now roaming around the city. This is one of the reasons why he told her to not leave his house or either go outside at night.

She trusted Jongin, since he was the only person who gave her a place to stay and some food as she is new to this world. Instead of going directly to sleep as he told her, she went over to finish cleaning in the kitchen. Jennie carefully gathered the pieces that were on the floor because of the broken plate, but still managed to get some cuts on her fingers and palms. She then finished doing the dishes and finally made her way to the bedroom. Looking through her clothes, she realised she only had fairy dresses, which were too short and thin to keep her warm in the chilly Seoul. Of course, it was not cold inside Jongin’s house, but her being dressed in a dress above her knees and without sleeves could only make her shiver. She carefully opened the closet and took one of his white sweaters. It looked warm and long enough to keep her warm during the night. She was going to apologise in the morning for taking it from him and she was going to give him the clear reason for why she did so.

After a few hours of searching and running like crazy around the city, Jongin and his colleagues finally managed to fi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter