16. Date

Your colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    CHAPTER XVI

 

It was the third day after Jennie left and Jongin was upset, sulking while laying down in his hospital bed. He was playing with her handkerchief, his lips pouting as he huffed. Baekhyun sat down next to his bed, his mouth opened but he was hesitant to say anything.

“Jongin- can you please stop being so sulky- she is going to come and visit you.” he finally talked

“Really!? It’s been 9 hours since I woke up and she hasn’t come yet!! You said she didn’t come the past days too! Where is she!? Do you think she’s cheating on me?” Jongin tilted his head as he asked Baek

“Yeah. Of course, Jongin. He’s cheating on you with the carpet and with that fake plant you have in your hall.” Baekhyun rolled his eyes. “Jongin. He only knows you and us. And no one of us dares to make any move on her after the last event.”

“Yeah? You sure?”

“Yes, Jongin. I’m sure. What did she say in that note though?” Baek pointed at the pendant as he asked

“Nothing.” Jongin lied

 

Jongin opened the necklace for the first time when he was alone after he woke up. He knew it was from Jennie, he could feel it. The message made Jongin really happy, he knew Jennie wasn’t cheating on him and he was, in fact, concerned, but he was only making a scene. He knew she’d come to visit him, but it’s been so long and he was worried that something might’ve happened to her. The message said: ‘I hope you will wake up soon and read this. I love you, Jongin. -Jennie.’

 

It was the first time Jennie told anyone such words. It was the first time she told Jongin she loved him. Those were some strong words, but she did love him a lot. He was everything for her and she could never deny it. She knew that those words will keep Jongin and his heart happy while she was gone, but she did hope she wasn’t going to take too much.

 

Jongin was upset, because he was missing her so much but she was nowhere to be found. He was looking at Baekhyun, almost staring at him as his fingers played with the handkerchief. Baekhyun gave him a look and cocked an eyebrow. “What-“

“I have an idea.” he said, a cheeky grin plastered on his face

“Wow you remembered how to smile. What idea, though?”

“When Jennie comes, pretend I’m in a bad state and that I didn’t wake up yet.”

“What!? Jongin are you mental? Do you want to make that small girl cry her heart out here!?”

“What- no! I just want to play a joke. Shh, it’s going to be fine, trust me!”

 

 

Jennie took the bus to the hospital. She didn’t want to fly or even attempt to fly because she wasn’t sure about her powers anymore. She knew they were there, but her emotions might affect them and she wanted to get there safely. Jennie asked nicely a girl in the station what bus she should take to arrive at the hospital then she got into it and waited quietly until she saw it. She got off and, taking a deep breath, she made her way towards Jongin’s room. Her palms were sweaty and her heart beat faster with every step she took closer to where he was. She grabbed the door knob, rotated it and opened the door, stepping inside calmly.

 

Jennie felt her heart leaving her body, sinking somewhere deep into the earth. Jongin looked exactly like when she left. He was still lying on the bed, unconscious, and Baekhyun stood there with a kind of sad face. Jennie knew he must be upset because of Jongin’s state but he must also be a bit bored since he probably watched over her lover for a lot of days now.

 

“B-Baekhyun…?” she called him softly. “H-how’s Jongin?”

“He’s… he’s going to be fine… he still didn’t wake up…”

“He didn’t? Not even once?! Do you mean nothing changed since I left?”

“Yeah…”

“Oh my God…”

 

Jennie rushed towards Jongin, her eyes filled with tears as she started to cry, her head on his chest and her arms holding his. She started to cry louder than the first time, since she was more concerned now. She started to think all sorts of bad things, but she didn’t want anything to happen to Jongin. She hoped she could do something, to help him, to wake him up, to bring him back to life. Tears didn’t stop coming out of her eyes, both her face and his shirt wet because of them.

 

Jongin was sort of happy that his prank worked, but seeing Jennie cry so hard made him feel guilty for what he did. His arms slowly wrapped around her shoulders, his head dipping down to kiss the top of her head. “Hey baby… stop crying… I’m fine. I’m sorry, it was supposed to be a joke…”

 

Jennie whined, looking up and then staring at Jongin with her red eyes. Then she climbed up and lied next to him into the bed, her arms wrapping around him tightly. “J-joke? Why would you joke about this!?” she whined even louder, hiding her face into his neck as she held him tightly.

“I’m sorry, baby.” he nuzzled his nose into her hair, rubbing her back soothingly. “And Jennie… I love you too. A lot.” He smiled and squeezed her into his arms, still nuzzling her hair.

Jennie stopped crying now, moving away from his neck as she stared at him, her cheeks burning red. “R-really? You do?”

“Of course I do. Why wouldn’t I? You are the most beautiful, pretty, smart, caring and loving girl I’ve ever met. And you mean a lot to me, really really a lot.” he smiled warmly, pulling her closer as he kissed her forehead

 

Baekhyun was gone from the moment Jennie let her head fall onto Jongin’s head, fully knowing that some cheesy stuff was going to happen and he didn’t want to see any of it. After Jennie stepped out of the room he apologised for the bad joke as well and told her they can take Jongin home.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter