04. Jennie?

Your colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    CHAPTER IV

Jongin was done with some minimal cleaning, because he didn’t have time to clean everything because of this impatient girl who wanted to go and see the flowers. Taking the elevator has never been more fun to Jongin than now, when the girl couldn’t stop frowning, wondering how was this box even moving by herself. As the question follows:

 

“How does this box move? Did fairy dust fall on it?” she tilted her head as she looked at Jongin and asked

“Fairy dust-” he snorted at her question, then reached his hand to ruffle her hair lightly. “You are either too sick… either you live in your own world. I can’t really explain…” he sighed and shook his head.

 

With Jennie being far too amazed by the hotel, people’s outfits, way too many self-moving things and even Jongin, she didn’t realise they reached the car that quick. Jennie stared a bit at the car, blinking a few times before tilting her head.

 

“What is this?” she pointed at the car then looked at Jongin

“Get in and I will show you.”

 

Jongin didn’t bother too much with explaining to her about the car. Jennie also quickly understood that it was just another moving thing, but controlled by Jongin this time. During the entire ride she still wondered how such thing could move so easily. If she was home, a ladybug would slowly carry people to other places. Could this be the upgraded version of a ladybug?

 

“What are you going to do with the flowers?” Jongin asked her as they started walking on the small path, surrounded by tall trees and playgrounds.

“I need to take eight petals back home!” she said excitedly, looking around for flowers

“Home? Where is your home? I guess I can give you a ride to home too.” he nodded to himself

“Um… you can’t. My home is not here.”

“Then where is it? Is it a big, white building with lots of people in it?” Jongin described a hospital, hoping it could make her remember or admit that she was ill

“Big white… building?” she shook her head. “No, my home is…” she hesitated for a moment, “Somewhere you can never come to. But it’s not white and with lots of people in it. We’re a small… land with hardworking people. And my mushroom actually has some black dots on it too.” she nodded proudly as she took a few steps ahead, towards a bush of roses.

“Mushroom?” Jongin muttered to himself, scratching her back of his head as this girl seemed more and more peculiar to him as the time passed. He followed her towards the bush of roses then grabbed her wrist gently as she tried to take a rose. “Hey.” he then realised he didn’t know her name. He wanted to call her by her name… but he didn’t know it. “You can’t take it. It’s against the law.”

“Law?” Jennie stopped and took her hand back, a small pout appearing on her lips. “But if I can’t get eight petals… I can’t go back home…” she sighed softly, looking down

“We can buy flowers, if you need them that much.” He shrugged his shoulders. “Come on, it’s useless to stay here if you can’t have the petals. I thought you only wanted to see some flowers.”

 

Jennie didn’t say a word, being completely disappointed in herself as she couldn’t even get the first petal. She was so confident that she would quickly get all of them and return home to her beloved Jane. She followed Jongin closely, then sat on a bench as he told her to.

Hearing so many strange things and not knowing what to do with this ill woman, Jongin went over to buy some ice cream to relieve the small stress. When he came back, he was already eating his ice cream, while Jennie’s almost started melting. He also didn’t find her sitting on the bench anymore and started walking around to find her.

 

“Hey.. you? Where are you?” he started shouting, not too loud, hoping that she would understand it’s about her. When he took a few steps closer to the commercial side of the park, he found the girl sitting in front of the old, vintage items selling shop. She was standing right in front of a vintage full-sized mirror and staring at herself.

“Hey! I was scared, why did you leave alone?” he sighed relieved, then muttered. “This ill woman…” he sighed then shook his head. “Do you like looking at yourself?”

“I… this is me?” she asked as she still stared in the mirror, lightly touching her face.

“Yes, it’s you. Who else could it be? Look, it’s me too.” He came closer to her just as much so he could be seen in the mirror too. “You can’t tell me you never saw yourself before.”

“I… did… but in the water. It was not that clear…” she still looked at herself before shifting her gaze to Jongin. “Do I look really bad… coloured like this?” she asked, noticing distinct features about herself that she couldn’t see before in the reflection of water.

Jon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter