07. Still confused

Your colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    CHAPTER VII

Ding. Ding. Ding. Jongin’s work phone rang under his pillow. He clumsily took it out as he was still holding something in his arms. He put the phone to his ear and spoke in a sleepy voice, frowning a bit.

“Hello?” he tried to open his eyes, but still didn’t yet

“Kyle, this is the director. How are you feeling?”

He got surprised as he heard who was on phone and shook his head, opening his eyes alarmed. “D-director! Is there anything I can help with? Any case?”

“I wanted to check how you’re feeling. I was also wondering when you could come back to work, there’s a pretty interesting case for you.”

“I am g-“ Jongin’s eyes widened and he gasped quietly as he finally noticed Jennie in his arms. His sleep was a very good one and he forgot yet again what happened before he went to sleep.

“Kyle? What happened?”

“Nothing, nothing. I am sorry. As I was saying, I am good. You don’t have to worry and I will come back to work as soon as I can walk. Probably in two days from now, since I still can’t get out of bed. But I am used to this kind of situation so I’m going to be fine soon.”

“Right. You’re a very important and strong man to our station and I don’t doubt your recovery.”

“Thank you, sir, I appreciate your gratitude.” And with this he ended the call.

 

Jennie was still sleeping and because he already woke up several times he just didn’t want to go back to sleep anymore. He carefully moved Jennie away and covered her with the blankets, then he took a cane hid behind his bed, helping himself towards the bathroom. Of course, this meant that he’s been shot in his leg before as well and he was well prepared to take care of himself while being alone.

 

He stepped inside the bathroom, got rid of all his clothes and took a hot shower. Leaning against the wall of the cabin most of the time, it was a bit hard for him to shower quickly. Once he got out of the shower, he treated his wound once again, then wrapped it tightly in bandage. He dressed himself in some comfy clothes, cleaned the bathroom and walked again to the bedroom.

Jennie woke up as well in the meantime, shaking her head and noticing that she was having a headache. Her eyes were puffy and she was cuddling under the blankets, her body feeling actually better than her head. Once she noticed Jongin she smiled and waved, with a small frown though. “Good morning! Is your leg better, you can walk now?” she spoke fast, really curious of his answer.

 

“Actually no, but I have this.” He pointed at the cane and smiled a bit then sat down next to her.

“Oh… a stick. Sounds really helpful.” She laughs a bit as she looks at the stick

“A stick I’m-“ he chuckled a bit then shook his head. “Well I guess you can call it a stick, but it’s actually used by many people that can’t walk on their own. Anyways, how are you feeling? Do you think you can help me with something extremely important?” he looked at her very seriously, a gaze that almost said ‘help me catch a culprit’

“Extremely important? I am good, but my head hurts a bit. I will be fine. What do you want me to help you with?”

“Well actually it’s-“ he stopped suddenly, his teeth clicking his tongue as he heard his stomach growling. “… food.” He scratched the back of his nape embarrassed

 

Jennie didn’t say anything more and walked straight to the kitchen. She opened the fridge, took out some eggs and quick made a large omelette du fromage for Jongin. She decorated it with some chopped green onions and cut some tomatoes on a separate plate. She brought it to him back in the bedroom with a wide smile on her face. “Food!” she exclaimed as she pointed at the plates with her eyes.

 

‘It’s gonna smell in here but…’ he though as he smile widely back at her, taking a plates and placing them on the bed, seeing the tomato juice leaking. ‘oh well I had to change the sheets anyways’. He helped himself with the food, being impossible to notice Jennie’s gaze that was following him with every action. “It’s really tasty, Jennie, thank you. Does your head still hurt?”

 

She nodded shyly and sighed. “It does…”

 

“It could be because you didn’t eat this morning. Here, have some as well. You made a lot of it anyways, and I’m sure I can’t eat it all by myself.” He smiled and motioned her to come closer- he knew that her head was hurting because she cried, but since she didn't seem to remember that, he just didn't mentio it. She sat down next to the bed and took his fork, then ate a little bit of omelette as well. “It’s good- I never thought I could make food myself. But... I never had food by myself either...” she murmured under her breath then looked up at Jongin.

“If your head still hurts, please tell me. I will give you some medicine.” He spoke on a serious tone, not hearing what she was mumbling.

 

After they both helped each other finish the food, Jennie cleaned everything and then came back to the bedroom. She looked at the weather outside which was really gloomy, dark and it looked cold. “Um… Jongin?” she made a small pause before speaking again. “Do you mind if I keep wearing this today too? The weather doesn’t look like it will allow me to wear my dresses…”

 

“Oh- of course you can.” He said brightly then shook his head. “No, actually no. Take another one and keep that one for sleeping.” He watched her and he was more than sure she was going to argue. “And you don’t need to worry- I have way

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter