09. Jealousy?

Your colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    CHAPTER IX

Anger. It was everything Jongin was feeling at that time. He stood frozen at the door, watching his two colleagues touching Jennie shamelessly. He took a deep breath and walked over to them, their face red in embarrassment as they moved away from the chair where Jennie was sitting. Jongin muttered something under his breath, then he shouted “OUT!” and the guys ran away from the office. Jongin sighed, kneeling down in front of Jennie who was still frozen in shock. He took her hands in his and caressed the back of them gently, looking up at her. Once she finally realised they were left alone she looked at Jongin as tears were starting to run down on her cheeks slowly. Jongin stood up and wrapped her up in his arms, letting her cry quietly as he rubbed her back soothingly. “It’s fine, Jennie, I am here, I am sorry.” He kept repeating these words as he tried to comfort her, keeping her as close to him as possible. Jennie stopped crying after what it seemed like ten minutes, looking up at Jongin who was now her hair.

 

“How are you feeling?” he asked her, trying to smile despite the anger he was feeling

“F-fine… I am fine…” she sniffled and returned the smile to him

“I am sorry, for leaving you alone. I didn’t think something like this might happen. Not here anyways.” he sighed

“It’s fine, Jongin. It’s not your fault…”

“What happened though? Did they do anything to you?” he asked, an alarming tone in this voice as he kneeled down in front of her again

“I... I was sitting in here, looking through some books and they came in suddenly. They asked me if I wanted something to drink and I nodded, because I didn’t want to refuse your friends. And they came back with a cup of tea that I didn’t get to drink. They both sat either side of me and started to ask me questions such as my name and age and where did you get me from and if I am your girlfriend and if I’m not if I would go out with them and… and I didn’t answer because they were suddenly too close and I got scared. The one on my right side had his hand on my leg and it advanced up to here… and I couldn’t move away because the other guy was behind the chair and I… got scared an couldn’t move… and then you came in…”

 

Jongin sighed deeply after hearing the entire story, swearing under his breath while his fists clenched. However, he tried to calm himself down and he caressed Jennie’s head and cheek briefly before standing up and taking her hand in his as he walked out from the office.

“Let’s  get you home, alright? I want you to take a shower then to cuddle up in my bed, eating some sweets or food or whatever you want okay? I will leave you alone, but I’ll be back soon. So don’t be scared and don’t open the door to anyone. Lock it after I leave.” He spoke to her quietly, then he walked out of the police station after glaring at the two men at fault, driving her home and giving her a warm hug before leaving again.

 

He came back to the station still angry, smashing the door behind him. Once he arrived, Byun stood up and rushed to him, standing in front of him and trying to stop him from moving.

 

“Move. Now!” he shouted at Byun who closed his eyes and moved away

“You two. You call yourselves detectives? You are the ones who serve the law? Really??”  he gave them disapproving looks as the two of them sat up and looked down. “Do you, idiots, know that she could sue you for ual harassment? Do you?” he spoke, slowly raising his voice, advancing to the one called Shim. “How could you, idiot, touch her like that when she doesn’t even know you!? HOW!?” he shouted and raised his hand, but he took a deep breath and ruffled his hair instead. “And you, idiot, how could you block the chair behind her!? If you two stupids saw that she didn’t like anything of what you were doing, why did you keep going?? What did you think? That she’d suddenly like getting d?” his voice lowered, sitting angrily down on a chair as he rubbed his face, trying to calm down.

 

No one dared to say a word. The atmosphere was dead and everyone looked like there was a funeral there. The ones that were not even guilty were still amazed by Kyle’s attitude and they were trying not to make any noises by breathing. In the end, Byun approached Kyle again and spoke quietly.

 

“Kyle… they were wrong, forgive them. They didn’t know what they were doing, they were blinded by her beauty. I, myself, can admit that she’s exceptionally pretty.”

 

In that moment Jongin gave Byun a shocking look, feeling his blood starting to boil again. Byun, noticing that, took a step back and spoke while stuttering.

 

“Y-you didn’t get j-jealous just because of t-that, r-right? I-I mean, I just… I just said it I don’t mean anything!” Byun defended himself, still stepping back

“Jealous- why would I be jealous!?” Jongin asked cluelessly

“Then if you aren’t jealous why did you shout at us and made such a scene!?” Shim spoke finally

“Because you two were doing something called ual harassment, you idiot!” Jongin shouted again at Shim who seemed to finally realise the gravity of his actions

“Kyle. I am your best friend, how could I even like your girl? You shouldn’t have gotten mad at me for nothing, mate.” Byun explained himself, even if he didn’t have to

“My- my what?” Jongin blinked, confused.

 

Byun sighed and dragged him outside through the back door. He smashed the door as well and took out a cigarette, lighting it and starting to smoke it. Jongin, on the other side, still looked

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter