15. Solving problems

Your colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    CHAPTER XV

 

It didn’t take Jennie too much to get all her stuff together and to fly towards the fairies’ world. She packed the flower petals she needed in a plastic bag and held them tightly in her hand while flying. Her head was filled with thoughts and more tears kept coming out of her eyes, her cheeks soaked like never before.

 

She was both worried and angry. She was nervous, anxious and scared for Jongin’s life. It was the first time she ever saw him get injured this bad and it hurt her heart to see him laying, unconscious in a bed. She wished that the incident didn’t happen and that they would have been cuddling now instead of her flying to her homeland.  Jennie was also angry, and she couldn’t wait to arrive there. She was planning this for a long time, but she didn’t want to leave Jongin again and also, she never told him about what happened on her short journey.

 

Jennie didn’t care anymore about her wings, her powers, anything, as long as she could come back to Jongin. She didn’t care about Jane’s parents anymore, about Jane or about anyone else. She knew they were a family of liars, who only looked after their own wellness. She found in Jongin love, something she never truly felt from anyone else before. She is receiving love and that warms her heart up and makes her days better, so she doesn’t need to hear anymore from Jane.

 

Once coming out from the clouds, Jennie spots her tiny mushroom somewhere among the bigger ones. She was probably the poorest fairy from that land, but that didn’t upset her at all. Better poor and honest rather than rich and two-faced. She landed gently in front of her house, leaving her belongings there, because she knew she didn’t need them all. She only took the petals with her and headed towards the lake.

 

Jennie knew that if she stayed by the lake maybe Jane would show up. But if not, she was just going to spend some time there by herself before finally heading to their house. The glazing water looked like a mirror for the bright sky, sun rays landing on Jennie’s wet cheeks and drying them. She stopped crying, her eyes still red as she was lost in her thoughts. ‘How many time did it pass in human world…?’ she was concerned about too much time passing and not coming back to Jongin at the right time.

 

After what seemed like half an hour with nobody showing up, Jennie sat up, opened her wings and started to fly towards the house that was once familiar to her. She landed in front of it, took a deep breath and then knocked angrily at the door.

 

“Who’s there?” a feminine voice she hated shouted

 

 Jennie didn’t answer, but instead waited at the door. She heard the footsteps, saw the doorknob moving and once the door opened her mood dropped even more. She hated her, Jane’s mother. Though Jane’s mother’s face looked like she saw death. She was not expecting seeing Jennie ever again, probably, and having her ten cm away looked like a really bad dream.

 

“J-Jennie?”

“Does it look like I’m someone else? Of course it’s me.” she said coldly, feeling a strong hate towards her

“You seem less happy than before, what happened? Did you not manage to finish the mission?”

“If you’ll let me inside to talk to you and Jane’s father maybe you will find out.”

“Right… please come in.”

 

Jennie saw the disgust on the mother’s face once she stepped inside her house, then she walked towards the living room she used to sit in and talk to Jane before. Jane’s mother called for her father and for Jane, sitting down on a chair in front of Jennie.

 

“What happened?” Jane’s father asked angrily as if he was disturbed from some deep sleep, his face going white as soon as he saw Jennie

“Yes, what h-“ Jane blinked, her face going red as soon as she saw Jennie

“Hello.” She greeted them both while watching them sit down in front of her

“Hello. Did you complete the mission?” he asked in the same angry tone

“Mission? I don’t care about your mission. You filthy man. You don’t know how it is to be good at heart and accept people for how they are. You ask them to do almost impossible stuff so they can come back and kiss your to apologise. You don’t deserve an ounce of happiness in this life and I am disgusted by you and your entire family.” Jennie told Jane’s father, who looked speechless and who stood quiet

“JENNIE!” Jane sat up from her chair and looked angrily at Jennie

“Shut up, ‘best friend’. You are no better than your father, I guess it’s in the family. Did you know that I came here some time ago? You didn’t look like you missed me at all, and instead you were having fun with other boys and girls. I’m ashamed of calling you best friend in the past.”

“Boys!?” Jane’s father suddenly turned his head towards Jane, finding his words again

 

Jennie took out the small plastic bag, revived the petals and then threw them on the floor.

 

“Here’s your petals. I don’t need anything from you, I just you all to leave me alone forever. I don’t want to ever hear again from you, ever. You stay here in this world and keep asking people to do stupid stuff just for your entertainment. Were you having fun, by the way? Imagining me running around like an idiot trying to find a solution to bring back you

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter