14. Forest incident

Your colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    CHAPTER XIV

 

A calm morning for Jennie as she laying in bed, staring at her ring and smiling to herself while she was curled up around Jongin’s pillow. He left early for work this time, making sure he was not late once again, because he couldn’t risk getting kicked out from the department.

 

Even if the morning was calm, Jennie was not. She still couldn’t understand how she didn’t manage to think about that method before. Did it have to take Jongin sulking about her leave and a bunch of dead roses for Jennie to finally remember what powers she had? She thought she was really stupid, but thanks to Jongin she finally found a method to finish her mission.

 

She rolled out of bed and got dressed quickly then she rushed towards the living room. There were a bunch of flowers Jongin had bought her during the past days, and she took a petal from each and placed it on the table, then she revived all of them and stared at them with a sigh. She didn’t have enough of them. She had only 4 and those were red, pink, yellow and purple.

 

So she decided to go out. She took some money Jongin left her, got dressed properly and stepped out of the house, locking the door. She knew that there was a flower shop near the hotel, because she saw it briefly the time she ran away from home. While dragging her feet lazily on the sidewalk- because she was annoyed that she couldn’t fly- Jennie had lots of thoughts. Would she really lose her wings forever if she decided to stay on Earth with Jongin? What if someday something happens and she has to come back? Why would they take her powers away, though? What if she can help humans when they really need it?

 

If Jennie thought it was easy to find the flower shop- she was wrong. It wasn’t easy for her to find a tiny flower shop in such a big city. Of course, it would be easier if she flew, because she could spot it faster, but she’s not allowed to do such things in the human world. Instead, she kept walking forward, thinking that it would be an easy way to come back too, and maybe she’ll find a flower shop at some point.

 

 

 

On the other side, Jongin had a pile of papers on his desk and he couldn’t find his way out of it. He had to search the file of a serial killer who broke out of jail and he was on the run. Jongin had to find it quickly, because as soon as he found it they could go after him. It had been years since they caught him, so his looks had been forgotten since then. Though, Jongin was not the only one searching, because the rest of the team had to do this as well. The culprit was a priority and they couldn’t afford letting him wander around the city when he was this dangerous.

 

“Kyle, I found it! I found it!” agent Byun shouted from the other corner of the room

“That bastard. Give me the file.” Jongin said angrily, his hand reaching for the paper in Baek’s hand

“Here.”

“Ah, now I remember him.” Jongin nodded to himself after seeing the picture, the facial features of the culprit getting copied in his mind. “Get the cars ready. Make sure you all have your guns loaded and enough spare bullets. We don’t know if he’s armed or not, we don’t know what weapons he has and we don’t know if he’s more dangerous than before, so we need to be prepared for anything. I’ll use my own car, Byun you’re coming with me.”

 

After Jongin gave out all the orders, he himself loaded his gun, took another additional one and loaded it as well, getting more bullets in his pockets before heading to the car. Byun follows him after repeating Jongin’s actions and  gets into the passenger’s seat, fastening the seatbelt. Jongin doesn’t say a word, he keeps his eyes focused on the road while Byun is trying his hardest to look everywhere after the culprit.

 

Twenty minutes into the chase and Byun picks up the speaker microphone, hearing agent Shim’s voice who informs them that they have received information about the culprit’s location. Jongin listens carefully to the directions before making an u-turn, driving as fast as possible to the outskirts. He pulled the car into the woods and waited for the other cars to arrive. Once they arrived they made a plan about surrounding the entire forest, not letting a single spot unwatched.

 

Jongin decided he and Byun should go into the woods, trying to find and knock down the killer. After a few tens of meters, they both stopped in place after hearing some rustling from the bushes. ‘Go check them.’ Jongin whispered to Byun, his gun now pointed at every corner possible as Jongin tried to defend himself.

 

Baekhyun walked to the bushes and after bending over them to check if there was anyone there, he heard a gunshot.

 

“KYLE!”

 

Baekhyun shouted as he turned around, seeing Jongin get shot in his chest a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter