03. What is this? And this? And this?

Your colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    CHAPTER III

Morning, 7:06 A.M. Jongin wakes up, surprised at himself for waking up this early after he checks the time. He feels rested and refreshed, maybe because he finally caught someone he’s been eyeing for a very long time. He rolls on the other side of the bed and finds himself falling on the floor.

 

“What-“

 

He says to himself confused, then frowns and stands up, finally remembering that he went to sleep on the couch. He’s not a morning person, definitely, so it’s understandable why he forgot where he went to sleep. Taking a few steps closer to his bedroom, he opens the door silently and looks inside, seeing a small girl sleeping silently on his bed.

 

“So it wasn’t a dream…”

 

Jongin has his nice side, the good citizen that everyone admires because he always helps the community. It wouldn’t be the first time he brought someone home, but this would usually be because they are side victims from when he hurries to solve a case. He got used to it and doesn’t have a problem anymore with people sleeping on his bed.

Though, this girl had something different he never saw at anyone before. It may be because he just woke up, but she was glowing- somehow, in his eyes. It couldn’t be makeup, he knew at least that about makeup that your face can’t glow unless you’re going too extreme. He closed the door eventually and went to take a shower.

The girl was still sleeping and he wondered if she was a heavy sleeper, because he has been very loud since he woke up and expected her to wake up as well- but she didn’t. He had some days off, so he obviously wanted to relax and having the girl sleeping wouldn’t be a problem, because she wouldn’t actually do much. But he started to become concerned as she didn’t wake up. “Were the drugs too strong for her…?” he mutters to himself as he steps inside his room carefully, sitting on the bed and looking at her. He knew it was a bit creepy, but he had to check if she was truly glowing or if it was make up. Looking close up to her, he caressed her cheek with his thumb and when he looked at it- nothing came off the girl’s face. “Whoa…” he looked at her in awe, not understanding how a person could have glowing skin. Then he lifted his phone up and checked himself, scrunching his nose. “Maybe I should try some whitening creams…”

As he was too focused on his skin, Jennie slowly started to wake up. She opened her eyes and looked up, seeing the white ceiling then tilted her head as she saw the chandelier. “What is that…” she blinked slowly as she quietly whispered to herself, then turned her head and saw the unknown man sitting next to her. Usually, she would have freaked out by not knowing where she was, but then she remembered she was sent to Earth. Looking a bit closer at the man, her eyes widened and she stood up suddenly.

Jongin got clearly surprised by her then cleared his throat before talking.

 

“Good morning, miss. You passed out last night because of some drugs and I didn’t know where to take you, since I couldn’t find a wallet, so I took you to my place. I hope there is no problem with that.” Jongin spoke slowly, finishing off with a warm smile

 

But Jennie didn’t answer. She stared at him for a few seconds before lifting a hand up and cupping his cheek. She came closer to him and looked closely at his face, blinking confused. She tilted her head, while her fingers were brushing against his surprisingly soft skin.

 

“What is… this?” she asked him as she kept looking at him, his skin that was obviously darker than the white she usually sees at fairies

 

Jongin was taken aback by her actions, but decided to stand still as she looked completely amazed by his … existence. She was looking at him with so much curiosity, that Jongin thought she’s never seen a human man before. Her touches were not common to Jongin, as love was never his thing and he never had someone his skin while looking deeply in his eyes. Not even his mother did his, she’d usually pat his cheek at that was, nothing too affectionate- she didn’t actually like the idea of having a child.

 

“This? What do you mean by ‘this’?” he asked her, slightly confused

“This…” she spoke in the same soft voice while looking at him, then pressed a finger lightly on his cheek, before  lifting it up

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter