06. Unexpected event

Your colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    CHAPTER VI

After Jennie looked around everywhere in the garden and had a fun time with Jongin explaining to her about every colour she saw, they decided to make their way towards a flower shop, to buy one of the flowers. As they were walking towards the exit, suddenly a gunshot was heard. Jennie, completely panicked, fell on the ground and covered her ears because of the loud sound, while Jongin stood in front of her to protect her. He took out his own gun and pointed it towards the corridor, his other hand gently patting Jennie’s shoulder.

 

“Don’t worry, we’re going to be fine.” He said as he loaded his gun, then made a call to the police and announced them about the incident

 

What Jongin didn’t know was that inside the botanical garden there was an exhibition for a very rare flower which couldn’t be bought by anyone and its value was around one million Won. And it is obvious that some people couldn’t just admire and they wanted to steal it, and as everybody knows- during this kind of event there will always be side victims.

Speaking of side victims, Jongin had his gun pointed at the corridor and he was waiting for the robber to appear so he could arrest him. While he was waiting, the robber walked towards them and shot a bullet blindly, not caring where it could go. The bullet hit Jongin right into his leg, and the only thing he could do was to shoot a bullet towards the culprit, then turn around to assure Jennie that everything was fine even if his thigh was bleeding.

 

“A-are you okay?” Jennie asked while stuttering, infinite tears coming out of her eyes as she saw his bleeding leg.

“Yes, Jennie, I am fine. Don’t worry, okay? I will be fine. And don’t worry, he won’t come back…” Jongin sighed after explaining, taking a look at his wound then cursing under his breath. “So you’re not just an amateur.” He mumbled as he still looked at the wound, since it was deep and even if it was shot blindly, it was a very good spot and it was done in a very clever way.

When his colleagues came, they spread around the place to find the robber, while his right hand mate rushed to him.

“Kyle! Kyle are you okay?!! Oh my god this wound is deep. Where’s the phone I should call an amb-“ his friend was rambling when Jongin caught his wrist and gave him a soft smile. “Don’t worry, I am going to be fine. Don’t call an ambulance, just get me home. Me and this lady.” Jongin pointed at Jennie who was holding his shoulders while watching what was happening, her cheeks soaked in tears. Jongin pulled his colleague closer and spoke into his ear, “And don’t call me on my undercover name in public, you .”

The guy nodded quickly and helped Jongin stand up, carrying him towards his car and placing him on the backseat. Jennie got in next to Jongin and kept looking at his wound, caressing the area around it. “J-Jongin… a-are you sure you’re f-fine?”, she looked at him with a worried expression on her face as she bit her lip. “Y-you don’t look fine…” she stuttered through more tears

“Is she your new girlfriend?” the guy asked Jongin while looking in the car’s mirror to him

“No. And even if she was, it wouldn’t be your business.” Jongin gave him a very serious look before shaking his head. “Why is everyone interested in my love life recently, really-“, she sighed before looking at Jennie while taking her hand and placing it in his, holding it and giving it a gentle squeeze. “Jennie. Calm down. I am fine. It just… looks bad, but I’m okay. Really. I’ve been through worse, that’s my job. So stop worrying and stop crying. You’re ugly when you’re crying.” He said the last sentence with an amused tone in his voice, teasing her a bit and wanting to make her smile even in this situation. He was feeling bad while seeing her so concerned and crying so much just because of a bullet. He was stabbed close to his heart in the previous serious case and he’s just fine now. A bullet was not going to kill him.

Jongin’s colleague dropped them both home and helped Jennie carry Jongin inside. They placed him on the bed and the guy quickly left to help the others with the case. Jennie was alone with Jongin and she was still very panicked. She didn’t know what to do and how to help him. “J-Jongin… what do we do…” she spoke with a trembling voice as she sat down and looked at his wound.

“Jennie. First of all, calm down a bit- at least a bit. Then, I want you to follow my instructions okay?” he looked at her as he spoke in a serious tone

“Y-yes.” She nodded her head and gulped nervously before calming down a bit.

“I want you to go the bathroom and take out from the first drawer my first aid kit. Then I will tell you what to do with it.”

 

Jennie rushed to the bathroom and came back with the first aid kit. She opened it and looked inside, being completely clueless about all those instruments. She didn’t know anything about medicine even when she was home, but being here with all these complicated tools made it even more difficult.

“You want to help me, right?” Jongin asked Jennie and she quickly nodded. Jongin knew he could do it himself, but he wanted to help Jennie feel better by letting her help him take out the bullet. He told her what to do step by step, bu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter