10. Jennie

Your colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    CHAPTER X

 

This time Jennie did not go to work with Jongin again. She didn’t want to go anymore and decided to stay home to clean around the house and to make a plan for her mission. She didn’t let Jongin go without his packed lunch and without getting a hug from him. She smiled brightly after he left, locking the door behind him.

 

Usually, there was not too much to do at home, but Jennie thought of cleaning a bit since Jongin didn’t have time to do it. She started with the bedroom and finished with the balcony. Then, he made herself a hot cocoa and took a croissant from the drawer, going out on the balcony and sitting down at the coffee table, starting to think about how to make her mission work.

 

However, her plans were going terribly. Her mind kept going all over the place, having different thoughts about different people. Firstly, her mind flew to Jane who she missed and she wondered how she was doing without her. Jennie needed someone to talk to, besides Jongin, but she didn’t have anyone. Then, her mind went to miss Ted and miss Rosh who have always helped Jennie with clothes and food. Finally, her mind stopped at Jongin. What was he doing now? Did he eat? Is he injured? Did he punish those guys? Was he thinking of her too?

 

And that’s how the things went for a good two hours- her mind just kept thinking of different stuff, other than her mission. Finally remembering the true purpose of her ‘outing’ in the balcony, Jennie started to think about what Jongin said, trying to figure out if Jane’s parents were really trying to get rid of her. She knew as well that she was more popular with people, but that was not her fault, Jane was simply shy. Going back to the mission though, Jennie began to observe that flowers withered quite fast on Earth and it wouldn’t be possible for her to bring them home safely, because the journey is not a short one. She immediately thought that maybe that’s why they gave her such a hard mission, so she wouldn’t be able to come back. But she didn’t want to agree with that. She shook her head and repeated to herself that Jane’s parents were good people and that they’d never want that for her.

 

On another side, Jennie remembered what was being said about falling in love with a human. Losing the wings and the powers wasn’t something she wanted, because she was treasuring her wings the most and she was used to flying around to get things done. But a part of her wanted to think that maybe it was not that bad. Since she was living with Jongin she didn’t get the chance to do too much using her powers, and she was repeating herself that she was not missing playing around and flying everywhere. Because she liked living with Jongin, because he was a nice person and his smile… oh his smile… it was making her heart flutter.

 

Smiling like an idiot, Jennie was looking over to the city, in her mind replaying all those moments when Jongin held her hand. She liked the feeling and her stomach seemed to clench when she thought of those times. The time at the flower shop… that’s when he held her hand for the longest and she pretended not to know about it, since he didn’t say anything about it. Last night she was sitting in a very uncomfortable position, but she resisted it because Jongin was playing with her fingers. “What’s wrong with me…” she asked herself as she cupped her burning cheeks, hitting the floor with her feet as more moments with him started to fill her head. ‘He hugged me while I was having a nightmare…’ she suddenly remembered, knowing how startled she was then, but the nightmare went away and she stopped crying that time.

 

Glancing over the balcony Jennie saw Jongin’s car parking in the lot, then she hurried up and cleaned her cup and ate the croissant quickly. Then, she hurried to the bedroom and changed herself from the pyjamas, combed her hair and cleared before sitting on the bed. Once she heard the door unlocking, she rushed to it, welcoming Jongin with a bright smile on her lips.

 

“Jongin! You came earlier!” she said, helping him with a few bags he was holding.

“Earlier…?” he blinked confused and glanced over at the clock, showing half past six p.m., while the sun was setting down

“I guess time went by really fast for me…” she rubbed her nape awkwardly then brought the bags to the kitchen. “What’s in these?” she pointed at all of them

“Since you came here I realised I never gave you fast food. I don’t think you have such things there, right?”

“Fast food? What is that?” she blinked curiously

“Tasty, delicious, unhealthy food. I’m free for the next two days, so we’re going to be lazy while eating this type of food!” he l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter