18. Refreshing breeze

Your colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    CHAPTER XVIII

            The sun was shining brightly in that morning of Monday. It was supposed to be a normal day for both Jongin and Jennie, but at some point Jennie found herself in Jongin’s car, wrapped in her blanket as she was still half asleep.

            At what seemed 5 A.M. Jongin pulled Jennie closer to him and peppered her face with kisses, mumbling indecipherable words against her soft skin. Jennie whined and asked him to shut up, but Jongin wouldn’t stop and laughed instead. He had this escapade planned for a long time now, but he never told Jennie- because he’s forgetful usually. Not that Jennie wouldn’t like trips, but she just wanted to sleep at that time.

            It has been a few months now since they became a couple and summer finally showed up after long fights with cold and wind. Even though Jongin had the trip planned, he didn’t have the details set. He knew he was going to take her on a trip, but he didn’t know when, where and any other details. So after seeing that the weather finally became warmer he knew he was going to take her see the ocean.

            Both of them were really happy together and Jennie just loved to sleep until late all snuggled up in his arms, but today was a bad day for Jennie cause now she was all snuggled up against the window in her seat. She was whining because the car was shaking her and she only wanted to sleep. Keeping the blanket tightly wrapped around her body, Jennie turned her head, yawned and then pouted.

 

“Where are we going…” she asked, tilting her head while pouting

“We’re going somewhere beautiful, I promise you.” he reassured her while he kept his eyes on the road

“Will there be a bed…”

“Of course there will. Cute baby girl.” he laughed because she was so sleepy

“Why did we have to wake up so early…”

“So we can see pretty places while I drive, baby.”

 

            Jennie didn’t reply anymore, but she kept pouting till she noticed some snacks and Jongin’s phone in the space between their seats. She opened up a bag of chips and started munching on them slowly while with her other hand she was checking Jongin’s Instagram. Not because of jealousy or anything, she was just scrolling on his feed, because she didn’t have friends to follow if she made her own account.

 

“Baby, look. Baekhyun is flying to Bahamas.” she took another handful of chips and fed Jongin while showing him the phone quickly

“What- he never told me that!” he replied angrily before taking the chips from her

“Maybe he didn’t know, or maybe someone invited him there overnight.” she grinned cheekily and nudged him gently

“He never told me about such thing either!” he huffed

“It’s fine. I guess it’s because you spend more time with me now that he couldn’t tell you. When will you go back to work?”

“Do you want me to go to work already?” he laughed. “I asked for some time off and the chief approved my request. So we have more time for us ahead!” he nodded firmly

“Of course I don’t want you to work… but we need the money to survive. Right! When can I learn to do something human too? I want to bring money home too!”

“Um… later, later. At least not for now. I’ll give you a quiz at home so we can see what suits you the best.” he nodded firmly once again before speeding up a bit

 

            Jennie kept eating chips and scrolling through Twitter, Instagram, Facebook- anything she found fun in his phone. After so much time together Jennie learned how to use a phone, how to take pictures, how to make human food and she learned how to use the house appliances without getting scared by the sounds they make.

            Jongin was proud to have such a hardworking girlfriend and he wouldn’t want her to work even more, but if that was her wish then he can’t just stop her. He’s always open to anything she wishes to do, especially because she chose to leave her birthplace to stay with him in this new world. Maybe not so new anymore, but there were still lots of things she needed to see and explore- and the ocean was one of them.

            After what were five to six hours of driving, Jongin finally parked the car in front of a huge hotel. He moved the minimal luggage he packed into the hotel and left it there before coming back to Jennie.

 

“We’ll stay in this hotel, but it’s not the time for our check in though. So, let’s go show you what I wanted you to see.”

           

            Jennie simply nodded and smiled, willing to go anywhere with him because she knew it was going to be beautiful and safe. Jongin’s fingers laced with hers while he slowly lead her to the ocean. They were stepping on the sand carefully, not wanting to get any in their shoes, and slowly Jongin could see the blinding rays of sun reflecting in the water. Jennie couldn’t figure out what was that so far away, because the most water she ever saw was in the lake that she and Jane would hang out in the past. Slowly approaching the sea though, Jennie’s eyes widened and her lips parted while her hand squeezed Jongin’s out of excitement.

 

“Jongin! It’s so much water! Where did this come from!?” she asked while looking at him with the same wide eyes

“Well, I didn’t put it here, baby girl, but it surely existed

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter