02. Out of coffee

Your colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    CHAPTER II

“Coffee…”

 

Was the only thing that could be heard in the penthouse of Dream Hotel. Actually, some groans and other weird sounds were heard from time to time, but we can ignore that.

It was his usual morning, lazy, quiet, fluffy. Despite his job, Jongin was a totally normal guy, who had really bad problems with getting up in the morning. He would usually stay in bed and play with his dog for half an hour before actually starting to get ready for work. Even though he sleeps enough and has a healthy lifestyle, Jongin always needs his coffee in the morning so he won’t fall back asleep during work. And falling asleep during work would be one of the biggest problems since that could screw up the investigation and he could be in danger of losing his job.

 

“Coffee…” he murmurs quietly while lazily making his way towards the kitchen. He ruffles his own hair, then opens the cabinet and rubs his eyes before taking the coffee jar in his hands. Looking at it a few times, he frowns then laughs. “There’s no coffee left.” he laughs sleepily for a couple of seconds before his eyes widen as he looks back at the jar. “There’s no coffee!!!” he realises that the jar is empty and whines loudly. “Ahhh… I’m screwed.”

He lets out a loud sigh before walking to the bathroom. He takes a shower and brushes her teeth then quickly dresses up and takes his bag. “Damn… without my coffee I’ll be a corpse today. That coffee machine thing doesn’t make a coffee strong enough for me… Let’s pray for the best.” he nods to himself before leaving some food for the dog, then steps outside the house and locks the door.

He takes the elevator to the ground level, resting on the wall of it. He watches the numbers slowly decreasing and arriving down, letting out a loud groan before stepping outside. Because of confidential purposes, he never let the hotel staff to bring his car out of the parking lot, but he wished he didn’t have to walk that much only to get his car. ‘Why is this hotel so damn big’ is his usual thought on the way to the parking lot.

 

 

 

He arrives at the office and sees his boss with an excited expression on his face. Jongin frowns and looks at him with slightly squinted eyes, blinking slowly.

 

“What happened-“ he asks, rubbing the back of his nape.

“Kyle, I’ve got a case for you.” His boss points finger guns at him and grins

 

Being cops or detectives doesn’t mean they can’t joke or smile, they are all humans. And Jongin’s boss was the most human in that office. Everyone knew him as a funny man, but Jongin was usually scared when he seemed too excited.

 

“What do I have to do?” Jongin rubs his eyes as he sits down

“You will have to play the character of a rich young man who wants to buy some drugs.” His boss nods excited

“Drugs? What’s so exciting about drugs-“ Jongin quirks a brow, slightly confused as it wouldn’t be the first time he’s catching a dealer.

“Well. It’s Philus.” His boss answers and winks

“Philus!?!” Jongin places his hands on the table and stands up. “I’ve been waiting to catch this garbage for so long. How did you find one of his dealers?”

“See? I told you he’s going to like the case.” His boss nudges his assistant. “Well, we received some reports on some teenagers buying drugs and we asked them to describe the appearance of the dealer. You know Philus dealers have to wear ‘that’ in order for the people who buy the drugs to know that they are indeed his. So they said something about a star in the corner of the eye.” His boss chuckled amused. “You know, that’s not any star. It’s the star of David. And we’re pretty sure it’s Philus since the boys described the colour as an unique shade of blue.”

 

Jongin nods his head with everything his boss says, then takes a deep breath and loosens up his eyes.

Philus is one of the cases he received at the beginning of his career. It was a big case and he was on the verge of catching him, but suddenly someone stabbed him in the back and he couldn’t move. At that time Jongin took a break from his activities and couldn’t stop thinking about the case. The one who stabbed him was a dealer of Philus, who eventually killed himself after stabbing Jongin.

It wouldn’t be too much of a hassle to find a drug trafficker, but Philus has always managed to escape, to find new ways of hiding and to always get away from the police. But this time it won’t happen, Jongin is not going to allow this. Actually… Jongin doesn’t have any problem with it, but Kyle… Kyle is going to definitely catch him.

 

 

 

Jongin always took care of his fashion, but he couldn’t neglect Kyle. Knowing that he has to go undercover into different kinds of people, he stuffed his other closet with every type of clothes.

Taking on an expensive shirt and designer pants, a Rolex on his wrist and some nice shoes, he sprayed Calvin Klein perfume on him and exited the house once again.

It was night already and he didn’t know why the day passed so quickly. But then he remembered he stood half an hour in front of the closet to choose his clothes, waited an additional hour for his food to come and, as usual, it took him an hour and half to eat- because eating slowly is the best, in his opinion.

Stepping out of the car, he locked it and walked in the park. He threw a coat on his shoulders before rolling up his sleeves to show his golden Rolex in the moonlight. He already had his colleagues waiting in the cars parked along the street and a small microphone inside his shirt. He sits down on a bench and waits for the signal of the dealer. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter