12. Gloomy day

Your colours
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
    CHAPTER XII

The night Jongin brought Jennie back from the park ended with no talking between, besides quite mutters of “thank you” and “good night.” Jongin was not feeling too good about that, since he wanted to talk to Jennie. She has not been her usual self since then. She wasn’t smiling as bright, she wasn’t jumping around the house and her giggles didn’t echo the house anymore. Jongin still felt guilty about everything that happen and he was the most upset because she cried so much. It was his fault she cried that much and he couldn’t forgive himself. Those beautiful hazel eyes pouring waterfalls was not the most pleasant sight to see, but thankfully she didn’t cry anymore. Instead, it looked like she was thinking deeply about something, something that she would not want to tell Jongin. And he didn’t even dare to ask her.

 

It was a sad and rainy day. The rain didn’t stop pouring for a few days now and there was no way the could go out, so they kept staying inside the quiet house. Jongin called in sick for 10 days, just so he wouldn’t leave Jennie alone again. He made her lots of tea and made sure she always had a blanket wrapped around her. Even if she was still not talking, he felt as if she was thankful and happy for everything he was doing. Besides, words are not the only way of expressing yourself, and Jongin surely felt the warmth coming from Jennie’s eyes as she looked at him every time he was doing something for her.

 

Indeed, Jennie was thinking about lots of stuff. Her head was filled with questions, theories and arguments. Jennie loves him, for sure, and he loves her too. One theory solved. But Jennie’s mind was preoccupied with something else: what is she going to do? She hasn’t completed her mission yet and she had fallen in love with a human. She can’t refuse his love, she doesn’t want to do such thing. She can’t let go of her wings either, they are something she treasures a lot, but she thought she still had time to think about to wings until she had to go back home, so she took a deep breath and walked towards the kitchen where Jongin went to cook something, as he told her earlier while she kept ignoring him.

 

Jennie was wearing his clothes again, because she also got sick that night and Jongin didn’t approve of her to wear those short and thin dresses. So he went out and bought her a pair of thick and warm leggings and he kept giving her warmer and warmer sweaters. Jennie was feeling really warm and, as she dragged her feet on the floor – she was wearing really thick socks as well – she approached Jongin quietly and slowly. She wasn’t sure of what to say, to do or think. Her mind suddenly turned blank and she felt like her tongue was tangled. Stepping closer to him though, she slowly wrapped her arms around his torso from behind, resting her head against his back.

 

Jongin felt like the rainy day outside suddenly was sunny and he smiled brightly. He took everything away from the stove and turned around, his arms wrapping tightly around Jennie’s small frame, engulfing her in a warm embrace, his chin resting on top of her head as he sighed in content. Jennie smiled at his actions, hiding her face into his chest for a bit before resting her head against it. She was still holding tightly onto him and nobody wanted to break the silence yet. They stood still for a couple of minutes, before Jennie muttered something quietly. Jongin didn’t understand so he lowered his head to hear her better.

 

“You are the only one in my heart too, Jongin.” she repeated on the same quiet tone, her fingers playing with his shirt

“Jennie…” he sighed in content once again, pressing his lips to her temple

“Yes?” her cheeks flushed softly while she smiled gently

“I am sorry… and thank you.” he muttered just as quiet, his nose now nuzzling into her hair

“… for?” she blinked confused for a few seconds

“I am sorry for making you cry that hard. It hurt me to see you like that, I still hate myself. And thank you, for forgiving me. And for showing me your feelings as well.”

“It’s fine, don’t worry, everything is fine. And I… really like you a lot.” her cheeks flushed deeper now

“You like me a lot? Is that a confession?” he and laughed a bit, then pressed another kiss to her temple. “Because I have a confession too. I also like you a lot, so much that my heart feels like bursting sometimes.” he laughed quietly

 

Jennie smiled brightly once again, her eyes filled with happiness as she looked up at him, finally looking at him in the eyes. She felt her heart easier and she didn’t care about her flushing cheeks anymore. He looked into her eyes and felt like he was drowning in them, then his hands moved to cup her cheeks, caressing them gently with his thumbs. He muttered quietly, but loud enough for her to hear, ‘You are

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter