Chapter 8

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EUNJUNG'S POV

I'm still shock that Jiyeon is hugging me.

 

I never seen her so fragile before.

 

I just stand here and let her hug me....coz actually I don't know what to do.

 

I don't know how to comfort her coz I don't even know why she's crying like this.

 

I place my arms around her and rub her back slowly.

 

I hug her until she finally stops crying.

 

I pull her to sit on her black couch coz I'm kinda tired of standing.

 

"Sorry." That's the first thing she said to me.

 

"Actually, I think I should be the one apologizing coz I just barge into your apartment." I said and laugh nervously coz I think she might already realize that and will get mad at me.

 

"Stupid Cupid" She said.

 

Surprisingly, she didn't get mad but I notice the tears escaping from her eyes once again.

 

I sighed and move closer to her.

 

Even though I'm a little bit hesitant I still place my arm around her shoulder and let her cry on my shoulder.

 

"You know I'm not good at this. I think I still do better when I argue with you than comforting you but I want you to know you can tell me anything....Uhm I'm always here for you coz you know what? You saved me..... So tell me what's making you like this?" I said and I'm really not good at this.

 

Questions keep running in my mind.

 

Is she broken-hearted?

 

Does her crush reject her?

 

Did someone hurt her or bully her?

 

Hmm. Or maybe she did buy something she really want but unfortunately there's no black color available for the item.

 

I shook my head.

 

Jiyeon probably have better reasons than those.

 

"My grandma died" She said.

 

Huh?

 

Her grandma died?

 

I don't know what to say to her.

 

I can't tell her that I could bring her grandma back to life...hmm well, I know we, Guardians of Love have the power to resurrect but I never tried doing it before.

 

Actually, I have no idea how to do it. If only my Mom was here to teach me, Jiyeon doesn't need to cry like this.

 

"Grandma left me. I feel so alone now. How am i supposed to do the things she ask me to do? I don't even know where to start" She mumbled between her sobs.

 

"Certainly, I don't know what your grandma ask you to do but one thing about what you said is not true. You're not alone. I am here with you. Soyeon too." I said and pull her closer.

 

I don't know anything about Jiyeon's family. I actually don't know if she still have parents but since she said she's alone now...maybe her grandma was the only family she have.

 

"You don't understand Eunjung" She said sit properly.

 

What is it that I don't understand?

 

I wanted to ask her that but I do feel like I'm in no position to demand.

 

"One of these days you will start to hate me" She said.

 

Eyy??

 

Isn't that supposed to be my line?

 

"Why would I hate you? What do you mean?" I ask getting intrigued by what she said.

 

"That time will come soon anyway so let's just wait for that time and don't ask me now. It's not yet the right time." She said.

 

My eyebrow arch with what she said.

 

What the hell is she talking about???

 

I'm supposed to be the one saying that. I'm supposed to be the one worrying about it....but why all of a sudden it's the other way around?

 

I was about to ask her and force her to tell me when suddenly cold wind blow from the window.

 

Jiyeon and I both look at that direction

 

Damn it!

 

Don't tell me someone is trying to assassinate me at this time?!

 

I can't involve Jiyeon to this.

 

"I guess I have to leave now" I said and smile to her before I stand up.

 

I shouldn't let her know that something is wrong.

 

Just when I thought I could leave already......Jiyeon stand and grab my wrist.

 

I look at her and our eyes meet.

 

She have dark reddish eyes.

 

I just notice it now but it's beautiful.

 

Argghh!!

 

What am I doing?! I'm supposed to leave now.

 

"I'm sorry Jiyeonnie. I just have something to do. Uhm.... It's important. I will be back. I promise." I said but still she didn't let go.

 

"Are you scared that your grandma's ghost will visit you tonight?" I ask.

 

I'm not teasing her. I just thought it could be the reason why she's trying to stop me.

 

"Jiyeon I rea-" I wasn't able to say it coz she suddenly hug me.

 

Again my body froze.

 

Why do I have to feel so strange when she hug me?

 

"Please don't leave me" She said and her voice starts to crack.

 

I don't know if I would freak out because we're actually surround or should I freak out because Jiyeon is unbelievably clingy tonight.

 

But what am I supposed to do now that we're surrounded by enemies?

 

Jiyeon's hug tighten around me like she doesn't want to let me go.

 

"Eunjung I beg you. Please stay ....asdfghklmn" She said begging but I didn't understand the last thing she said.

 

Tsk. Now my mind is on debate if I should stay or leave for her safety.

 

But....

 

 

 

 

She want me to stay and I can't leave her like this.

 

I took a deep breath and gently broke the hug.

 

"Let's go to your room. I'll stay with you till you fall asleep" I said

 

She stare at me for few seconds.

 

There's her eyes again.

 

Why does it seem to change its color?

 

Her eyes earlier was bit dark and reddish now her eyes was brown like everyone else....

 

"This way" She said and walk towards her room.

 

I followed her.

 

"H-help!..."

 

Huh?

 

There's the voice again.

 

"Eunjung..." Jiyeon turn and look at me.

 

I notice her eyes were now dark reddish once again.

 

"Jiyeon....Are you using contact lens?" I curiously ask.

 

"Y-yeah" She said and turn around going inside her room.

 

So that just her contact lens?

 

I try to figure out how many enemies were around us before I followed Jiyeon to her room.

 

I tried my best to hide my presence even though I know that they were probably hunters who have better senses than any of the guardians.

 

I hope they didn't plan to launch an attack while I'm still here with Jiyeon.

 

I step inside her room...it didn't surprise me at all that everything here is black.

 

"Isn't it a bit creepy that everything in here is black?" I ask and sat beside her on her bed with pillows in different shades of black. Her blanket is also black.

 

"Nope. Black is my Dad's favorite color" She said and lie down with her head on my lap.

 

"So you like black because of your Dad?" I ask and started brushing her hair.

 

Jiyeon is just like a little kid right now.

 

She's so fragile that it made me want to protect her from everything but I wonder if she's still going to be like this when she's back to normal.

 

"I didn't like black because of my father. It's my favorite color because it has to be" She said.

 

Huh?

 

She just said another thing that confuses me.

 

"Jiyeon-ah. Can I see your eyes once again?" I ask.

 

Another thing about her that confuses me is her eyes.

 

She lay flat so that I could have a better view of her eyes.

 

"My eyes were puffy from crying. Why do you want to see it?" She ask arching her eyebrow.

 

I smile and trace her eyebrows with my finger.

 

"Your eyes are really beautiful" I sincerely said.

 

Jiyeon stared at me and I notice that her face suddenly turn red.

 

There I started to panic.

 

"J-jiyeonnie...Are you alright?" I worriedly ask checking her temperature.

 

"Are you having difficulty in breathing?" I ask again but still no response from her.

 

"Hey. Say something! What should I do?!" I ask really worried this time

 

"I-I'm ok" She said and turn burying her face on my tummy one arm wrap around my body.

 

Jiyeon likes to hug me really...

 

Well, it's fine coz I actually don't mind.

 

I'm happy that I was able to comfort her in times like this.

 

I only have few friends who stayed even though one of these days they might hate me, I still need to treasure them.

 

I brush her hair with my hand once again and start humming.

 

Few minutes more her arm that was hugging me fall on the side...

 

She's already asleep.

 

I slowly place her head on the pillow and put a blanket on her.

 

"See you tomorrow Jiyeonnie. Please don't be sad anymore. I'm sure your grandma doesn't want you to be sad and in case her ghost visited you, don't be scared. She love you and I'm sure she's not going to hurt you" I said and kiss her forehead before I leave.

 

The night is still young yet they're already planning to assassinate me. Tsk.

 

It's time to face the enemies.

 

I make sure to lock Jiyeon's door before I leave.

 

I was walking in the hallway calmly.

 

I know they're already watching my every move.

 

I didn't go to my apartment instead I take the stairs heading to the rooftop.

 

There are eight of them if I'm not mistaken.

 

I'm not sure though if they're all hunters coz I feel the wind earlier.

 

I stand in the middle of the rooftop.

 

"Stop playing hide n seek with me. Kill me now....If you can" I said and form a sword using my water power.

 

Then, suddenly I feel that it's getting colder to where I stand.

 

I manage to jump up in the air before the floor get frozen.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter