Chapter 17

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EUNJUNG'S POV

I didn't bother to chase Jiyeon even though I have a feeling that I should have.

 

But anyway, I have to go to school too. I can see Jiyeon anytime coz it seems like for some unexplainable reasons I could teleport myself right where she is.

 

I lock Jiyeon's apartment and headed my way out of the building. But I feel kinda odd with the surroundings when I step outside.

 

I stood there trying to figure out what that might be.

 

The sky is clear and the sun is shining bright l yet the feeling is kinda opposite of what is shown.

 

The wind seems stormy and it's not the only strange thing. Some kind of strong force is mixing into the air.

 

It's like a dark smoke coming from every direction. I don't know if I'm the only one who could see it but people around me were not even bothered.

 

I started walking to check if it's like this too in other places.

 

But while I'm walking a sudden pain on my cheek made me stop.

 

The feeling is like something sharp cut my skin but when I cheek it there's none.

 

My cheek is perfectly fine. After that I notice that the smoke begins to spread out until it all disappears.

 

The wind had calmed down and the weather doesn't feel stormy anymore.

 

"What on Earth just happened?" I muttered to myself and continue walking....later on started running coz I might be late for school.

 

I run really fast that I believe the guard and the students I passed by didn't even notice me but at least I got here on time.

 

I stop behind the tree and come out walking normally.

 

"Eunjung!"

 

Someone made me stop walking again and found Gyuri running towards me from behind.

 

She suddenly jump forward and hug me.

 

"G-Gyuri-ah you're....squi-shing me " I said and broke try to break free from her tight hug.

 

Her sudden action made me consciously looking around hoping Jiyeon didn't see that. I don't want another trouble with her right now.

 

"Hey!" Gyuri snap her fingers in front of me to make me look at her.

 

"Uhm. Sorry. Nice to see you Gyuri" I said and smile to her.

 

"Eunjung....I see you're doing." She said giving me a sad look on her face.

 

"W-what did I do? What do you mean?" I ask.

 

Doesn't she like my greetings?

 

"I know I've been gone for a long time and it's not like it was my choice to leave you but then I still came back for you to continue what we've started....Then, you found her and put an end to everything we had since childhood. You can't even hangout with me without worrying that she might catch us. I'm deeply wounded. It hurts more than you rejecting me." She said and started to look away with her head down.

 

I sighed

 

They're both my friends and I can't choose between them.

 

Listening to my heart wouldn't be a help right now so I'll choose to listen to my head in this situation.

 

I can't be friends with any of them without hurting the other one.

 

Should I better choose? Or should I just both avoid them for good?

 

Heol.

 

Avoiding sounds a lot harder that choosing.

 

But still choosing will end up to me losing one of them forever.

 

The bell rings and the students were rushing to their classrooms but here am I walking slowly like there's no reason for me to be in a hurry at all.

 

"Why do you need to observe Eunjung?"

 

I stop when I heard Hyomin's voice somewhere.

 

I heard her say my name.

 

I immediately search to where the voice is coming from and found her... I mean them on the corner of the lockers..

 

I hide myself on the corner and continue listening to them.

 

"I need to know if she love Jiyeon or she just treats her as a friend." Qri said.

 

What?

 

"Are you going to kill her if she loves your girlfriend?" Hyomin ask which made me gulp.

 

Qri will kill me?

 

"I can't kill her. A Royal blood is obviously stronger than me. If she love Jiyeon she should be willing to accept the truth about Jiyeon. She must be willing to forget about hate" Qri said.

 

The truth about Jiyeon?

 

Forget about hate?

 

So what Gyuri said about Jiyeon is true. Jiyeon is really hiding something.

 

"What's the truth about Jiyeon?" Hyomin ask.

 

"I'm sorry. I can't tell you." Qri said.

 

"I understand. But what if Eunjung only sees Jiyeon as a friend?" Hyomin ask.

 

"I have no other choice but to bring Jiyeon somewhere far away from everyone to spare her from all the pain" Qri said.

 

Take Jiyeon somewhere far away?

 

I don't know but my heart seems to shatter thinking about that?

 

Why does Jiyeon have to go if I don't love her? Why does it have to be because of me?

 

I need to figure something out.

 

I left and headed to our classroom

 

I'm already late but my teacher doesn't mind.

 

I realized that IU is not here too.

 

I feel so confused right now.

 

Seems like everyone knows something that only I didn't know.

 

Gyuri knows Jiyeon's secret but won't tell me anything unless I become her girlfriend.

 

Jiyeon knows something about Gyuri but she also refused to tell me unless I'm ready to know the truth.

 

Had my Mom ever been to this situation?

 

Should I ask Soyeon to use her powers on Gyuri and use my powers to myself so Jiyeon doesn't have to leave?

 

Wait....why am I thinking like that anyway???!! It does sounds like I'm pushing Gyuri away to make Jiyeon stay.

 

But I really want Jiyeon to stay.....here by my side......always.

 

What is she to me?

 

Am I in love with her?

 

That's what I need to find out.

 

"Eunjung"

 

My thoughts were interrupted when I heard the woman's voice once again.

 

"The war must not happen. Tons of death will make her stronger."

 

The voice said.

 

War?

 

What war?

 

"The throne belongs to the Royal Clan. You must awaken Fu and seal my other half. Do it as soon as possible Eunjung! I'm counting on you!"

 

That's what I heard after her voice fades.

 

What is she talking about?

 

She told me to save Fu last time and now she ask me to awaken Fu.

 

????????

 

Last time she ask me to save Fu, it's Jiyeon that I saved from danger now......Does that supposed to mean I have to awaken Jiyeon???

 

Is Jiyeon even asleep??

 

I scratch my head in confusion.

 

Why can't voice just explain everything to me so it'll be easier?

 

"Ms. Hahm you're raising your hand. Is there something you want to clarify or share to the class?" My teacher suddenly ask.

 

Oh shoot.

 

I wasn't even raising my hand on that purpose.

 

"Uhm...I just wanna go to the clinic. I'm not feeling well" I said.

 

"Is that so? Ok you may go but next time please throw your garbage on the trash can Ms. Hahm." She said and made me look at the crumpled papers and candy wrappers on the floor

 

I sighed.

 

Those are not mine.

 

I saw my classmates giggled. They sure know it's theirs.

 

Mortals.

 

Tsk

 

My teacher let me go and I'm supposed to go to the clinic and get some rest but because that was only an excuse I go somewhere else.

 

HYOMIN'S POV

Qri and I did skip our first class.

 

She explains to me some things about Jiyeon though I don't really understand why must be taking Jiyeon somewhere far away must depend on Eunjung.

 

And kinda hurts me that she's with me yet she still keeps thinking about Jiyeon.

 

"Eunjung heard us. She was hiding on the corner earlier" I said.

 

"Your senses are much better than before I must say but still you haven't answered my question why you are in Jiyeon's apartment earlier?" She ask

 

Now that makes me think if I should tell her what's her venom's effect on me.

 

I look on the other corner of the empty hallway.

 

"I just go there to ask her permission" I said.

 

"Permission on what?" She ask while leaning on the lockers on the other side.

 

I look at her and saw her wearing a sad expression on her face.

 

What does that mean?

 

Why does she looks sad?

 

"Uhm. It's just that I wanna spend the rest of my days with you" I said it the most comfortable way possible.

 

However, it seems like there's no comfortable way of saying that in this situation.

 

I just prepare myself on whatever she might do to me.

 

"You want to spend the rest of your days with me? We're both still young. Unless we die on the upcoming war or other circumstances we will still be around for a long time." She said.

 

I sighed.

 

She just don't get it.

 

"My Mom said your venom could kill a Guardian" I said and she just stare at me for few moments.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter