Chapter 12

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BORAM'S POV

"Two small villages from different places was totally deserted. There are no signs that people there move somewhere else since all their belongings was still in their houses. We're still having a hard time to trace where did all the mortal go" That's a report from one of the hunter who came to those villages for investigation.

 

This is getting worst day by day.

 

"Any progress with your mission Boram?" My Dad ask.

 

"A friend of mine witness a group of students suddenly disappear in a blink of an eye. She didn't know how did that happen coz just like those reported there's no trace left at all." I explained.

 

It still remains a mystery to me. Even if you're the fastest Guardian or Vampire you can't probably escape without getting noticed. It might work for mortals but not for us.

 

"That's the first time I heard of that thing" One member of the council said.

 

"Indeed....anything else you find?" Dad ask.

 

I think for few seconds and shook my head.

 

I don't trust every member of the council to be honest. That's why I need to figure out the mystery that lies on the school's restricted area before I let them know.....well if it's worth telling them.

 

"How about the vampires? Are they involve in this?" They ask.

 

Normally, I was thinking that they are somehow responsible but thinking about what Soyeon told me....those somehow makes sense

 

"I don't think they are. Few sources told me that vampires were also investigating about this incident and was actually thinking that we're responsible to this just like how we suspect them" I said.

 

"So we are facing an unknown enemy" Mr. Park said.

 

"Maybe not....A Guardian of Death appears the other night. It must've been all her doing. And she's after Hahm Eunjung. It'll be dangerous if they work together" One member said.

 

A Guardian of Love and a Guardian of Death is dangerous when they work together?

 

"Then, we must kill Hahm Eunjung before that Guardian of Death convinced her to join whatever she's planning to do" My Dad said.

 

It'll be dangerous for Eunjung. That means more hunters will be sent to assassinate her.

 

I stand up and excuse myself since I'm not needed here anymore.

 

I go to Hyomin's house so that we could proceed to our mission but her Mom said she's not yet home.

 

I tried calling her but she's not picking up.

 

Don't tell me she's planning on ditching me again. It's not that I can't do this alone but I don't want to go there by myself.

 

It's really creepy inside that building and I'm a person who doesn't get scared easily but that one....that one really terrifies me.

 

"There you are."

 

Huh?

 

I turn around and saw Soyeon walking towards me. She's walking lazily with her hands on the pocket of her coat.

 

And she's also the last person I wanted to see.

 

"Why are you looking for me?" I ask.

 

"Hmm. I'm looking for someone to marry" She said and smile.

 

M-marry?

 

**frown**

 

"What does that have to do with me?! I have more important things to do Park Soyeon! Leave me alone!" I irritably said.

 

What makes her think that I would be interested in whatever she does?!

 

"Heol. I know you're busy. I'm just here to ask you. What do you think about marrying me?" She nonchalantly said that shocks me.

 

She's asking me to m-m...marry her?

 

I clench my fist.

 

The wind starts blowing hard.

 

"PARK.SOYEON!!" I angrily said and throw a power punch towards her but my fist didn't reach her face coz she block it with her rock shield.

 

Her shield received all my anger and it breaks.

 

I glared at her but she just started to laugh.

 

Damn it!!

 

"Mrs. Park will be mad to see her front yard got destroyed" She said still laughing at me.

 

 

Tsk.

 

Yes, we're still here in front of Hyomin's house and I think her Mom wouldn't even know it's us who did this. Her Mom is starting to drink again.

 

"And you're really cute when turn red because of anger" She said and pinch my cheeks.

 

I slap her hand in annoyance.

 

"Leave me alone Park Soyeon!" I said and turn my back on her about to walk away but she suddenly grabs my shoulder and turns me around.

 

"I want to go with in the restricted area again" She said wearing a much more serious face this time.

 

 

IU'S POV

"She's surrounded with  guardians, a vampire and a mortal My Queen. It's kinda hard for me to make a move but I already befriended her." I said.

 

"You must find a way to train her secretly. We're running out of time" She said.

 

"I know My Queen but....what if she don't possess that ability? Even though her Mother can do it but her father is still a mortal" I said.

 

"Then, I will do it" She said.

 

She will do it?

 

"Our plan must be performed no matter what and you will help me with that, won't you?" She said.

 

"Of course my Queen. There's no doubt that I will be helping you. I came from you after all" I said.

 

She came closer and pat my head.

 

I smile.

 

"I'm really glad I have you here" She said.

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

"ARGGH! JIYEON IS MY GIRLFRIEND NOW JUST SHUT UP!"  We heard Qri yelled.

 

I just look down and close my eyes.

 

I already know that fact but I didn't know why I'm still surprised.

 

Was it because Jiyeon denies that she have a girlfriend and I actually want to believe on that? If that's the case then, why?

 

So what if she had a girlfriend?

 

We're still friends right?

 

Jiyeon would still pay attention to me even a just a little, right?

 

Why I'm trying to convince myself of those things? Why do I feel so sad?

 

I should be happy if she's happy with her coz that's what a good friend does but......

 

But right now I feel like dying inside....

 

"E-eunjung....why are you c-crying?"

 

Huh?

 

I look up and touch my face.

 

Tears...

 

I'm....I'm crying...

 

"What's wrong?....Hyomin will be fine. Qri didn't kill her. She's still alive" Jiyeon worriedly said to me.

 

I wipe my tears and tried to give her a smile.

 

"I-I don't feel well. Let's just cook together some other time" I said and headed towards my apartment.

 

I headed straight to my room and throw myself on bed.

 

"What's wrong with me?" I ask myself coz I feel like crying again.

 

Jiyeon must be thinking that I'm really stupid crying for no reason.

 

Actually, I feel weird about myself too.

 

Heol.

 

I get up and change. I need at least do something instead of just staying here in my room.

 

It only makes me feel much weirder.

 

I better get occupied so I won't be thinking about silly things.

 

Maybe I should go find Soyeon and join her on whatever she's up to right now.

 

I know most of the time she does crazy stuffs but it doesn't matter to me right now. I just want to get rid of this weird and sad feeling inside me.

 

I didn't bother to use the door and just jump off the window to leave.

 

I look for Soyeon and found her near school with Boram.

 

I frown.

 

Why is she with her?

 

"Eunjung?" Soyeon said when she saw me.

 

"I didn't know you were on a date" I said and she laughs.

 

"I told you it'll make us look like we're dating" She said poking Boram's cheek.

 

Boram throws her a death glare.

 

"We're not dating. We're going to the restricted area" Boram said.

 

The restricted area?

 

"Can I come too?" I ask.

 

I wanna know what's in there too.

 

"Wait..aren't you supposed to be with Jiyeon?" Soyeon ask.

 

Tsk. She reminds me of the thing that I was trying to forget.

 

"She's with her girlfriend. She's definitely having a good time." I said.

 

"Jiyeon said she don't have a girlfriend." Soyeon said..

 

"C'mon let's not talk about it. Her girlfriend already admitted it." I said feeling bitter

 

"Oh well, fine. Sure you could come with us. Right my Ramie?" Soyeon said and wrap her arm around Boram's shoulders.

 

Because of that Boram elbowed her on her side.

 

**sigh**

 

Does she likes Boram?

 

"So Eunjung get yourself together. Even if you're broken hearted you can't let your guard down. That place is quite dangerous" Boram said but wait...

 

Did she just said broken-hearted?

 

"I'm not broken hearted!" I said and cross my arms

 

I'm not in the mood for jokes like that.

 

"O-of course you're not . Now let's just proceed in business. Shall we?" Soyeon said and grab our hands and sink below the ground.

 

"Was this really necessary? Can't we just sneak inside?" I ask coz this is making me feel uncomfortable.

 

"There are guards everywhere in the campus. Kind of a high alert because of the killing incident. So it will be better if we were unseen. Not even our shadow. Ok?" Soyeon said and I just keep quiet

 

But as we move forward I could feel something strange.

 

I could hear screams too and it's getting louder as we move forward.

 

"Can you hear that?" I ask them.

 

"Hear what?" Boram ask.

 

"Screams" I said and they look at each other.

 

"Eunjung we can't hear anyone screaming" Soyeon said

 

How come they couldn't hear it when it's actually too loud?

 

"I wasn't lying" I said

 

"I believe you but we really can't hear any screams" Soyeon said.

 

"Maybe you're the only one who could hear them" Boram said.

 

Only me?

 

Is it one of my special abilities just like what IU said?

 

We already reach above the ground.

 

It's really dark in here.

 

"Where are we?" I ask and Boram handed me a flashlight.

 

"We're inside the building on the restricted area" Boram said.

 

Now the screams isn't that loud anymore but I could tell that they came below the ground.

 

"There are more blood stains on these walls" Boram said.

 

"They look like strange symbols" Soyeon said.

 

I look at it.

 

"Where are the strange symbols?" I curiously ask.

 

"You can't see it? Look at the blood stains on the wall. They look like strange symbols" Soyeon said.

 

I shook my head.

 

"The only thing I could see is that it says Trespassers Go Die! " I said and they look at me with a strange look on their faces.

 

"W-wae?" I ask.

 

"You can hear things around this place and you also could read this strange writing on the wall. You're indeed gifted" Boram said.

 

Huh?

 

I was wondering what is she talking about when I suddenly heard flapping wings and a loud roar.

 

"There's a monster outside. I heard flapping and a loud roar" I said and immediately go and check it.

 

"Eunjung wait!"

 

The two of them followed me outside.

 

"Stop moving. Those trees moves" Boram said whispering.

 

"I could still hear the flapping and the roar but I can't see it" I said.

 

"I think we should leave. It's not a good decision to fight an enemy that we can't see and only Eunjung could hear it." Boram said and I agree with her even though I badly want to know what's the secret of this place.

 

We leave this place walking below the ground through Soyeon's help.

 

We came back to where I found them earlier.

 

"Damn! Why can't we stay longer on that place? We always need to run away to save our lives" Boram said in frustration.

 

"That place is like a monster's lair" I said based on what I hear.

 

"There's a huge possibility that the missing mortals were taken to that place coz I think those screams I heard came from lost souls" I said.

 

"But who's taking it there?" Boram ask.

 

That's the question I don't have an answer.

 

Then, we suddenly saw someone running towards us.

 

Jiyeon?

 

JIYEON'S POV

Eunjung is crying....but why?

 

I want to follow her inside her apartment but I don't think she likes company right now and I actually didn't know how to comfort someone who's crying.

 

I wonder what happen.

 

I look through the window to check on Hyomin and Qri.

 

Eyy?? Hyomin is crying too???

 

Why is she crying too?

 

Qri come out of the door. She have blood stains on her face and on her clothes.

 

She look at me and I frown.

 

"You've got tons of things to explain Lee Qri" I said.

 

She sighed.

 

"I don't have to" She said.

 

What?!

 

"Yah! Why did you told her I'm girlfriend? And do you really have to say it out loud?" I irritably ask.

 

"She's annoying! She confessed to me and she's so persistent so I told her you're my girlfriend to make her stop" She explained.

 

Tss. I still don't agree with her using me that way!

 

"Is that the reason why she's crying? Qri-ah what if she get mad at me and start hunting me??? Did you just forget what she is?" I said slightly shaking her shoulder.

 

"She won't do that" She said.

 

Huh?

 

"Since when did you learn to trust your enemy?" I ask.

 

Qri hates hunters so much but she surprisingly trust Hyomin.

 

"She saved me...and end up like that" She said.

 

"Save you? Do you mean that another vampire did that to her?" I ask and she shook her head.

 

"I attacked her first but then she started running away instead of fighting me. She keeps running till we reach the restricted area. A strange black smoke was about to attack me but Hyomin show up and save me but it was too late for her to dodge my attack and this" She said and brush her face.

 

"You felt responsible for her because you're the one who did this to her or was it because she saved you?" I ask.

 

She didn't respond.

 

Knowing Qri she wouldn't even care. When she decided to kill she will definitely do it but Hyomin made her change her mind...hmm.

 

"Fix this mess. I don't want rumors spreading at school about us dating" I said and walk away.

 

"And where are you going?" She ask.

 

"I'll just take a walk. I'll be back later. Don't worry about me" I said and leave.

 

I check first if Eunjung is alright. Her door wasn't locked but when I get inside nobody's home.

 

Her apartment is not messy at all. Why would she lie about it?

 

Anyway, I just leave and make sure to lock her apartment.

 

I was walking here in the tunnel to get in the city.

 

It's not dark in here. This place is too quiet for everyone but not for me.

 

I could see lost souls lurking in here making few noises. Some were crying. Some doesn't give a damn and some was grieving coz they can't accept that they're already dead.

 

There were some who's staring at me and some trying to play tricks on me trying to freak me out but I just ignored them.

 

There's one who suddenly appears in front of me giving me a really hideous face. My eyes automatically act up to it and they all run away.

 

I really need to learn how to control these eyes. It should only change its color when I wanted to and not like this.

 

I think I should go looking for answers.

 

I headed to the vampire village wondering if I could find something important on my Grandma's stuffs.

 

........

 

"Jiyeon sweetheart. You came. Is there something wrong? You should've take Qri with you. You know th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter