Chapter 24

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HYOMIN'S POV

I can't focus on what my father is saying to everyone.

 

I'm not really listening actually!

 

What is she doing in here?!

 

I badly want to leave the hall and go to Jihyun before someone else notice her.

 

It will be much worse if my father caught her.

 

I look around.

 

It seems like someone already notice her.

 

Damn it!

 

My heart is pounding like crazy.

 

She already experience what is it like for vampires to be here and yet she still do it again.

 

Lee Jihyun you're making me crazy!

 

Two hunters silently leave the hall. I didn't saw them leave. I sensed their movement.

 

Please Jihyun. Just run away!

 

All the best hunters were here right now plus my father!

 

How I wish I could communicate with her telepathically so I could yell at her and tell her to just leave.

 

Two hunters outside were trying to spot her.

 

She's fast but they already know her presence. This is bad.

 

This is really really bad!

 

I guess I feel much nervous than she does right now.

 

I'm not even sure if she's nervous! Is she that brave to come here alone???

 

One of the hunters outside comeback and go in front to my father.

 

My father stop talking and the hunter whispered something to him.

 

I pretty much know what is it.

 

"A vampire enters our territory once again" Mom said which made me much more worried.

 

Jihyun is not up there. On the roof of the hall and it seems like she don't plan to leave at all!

 

What should I do now?!

 

"Everyone before we continue....There's a vampire within the premises. Bring her to me" My Dad said.

 

Tsk.

 

A thousands hunters vs. one vampire. Not fair.

 

I sighed.

 

Only for you Lee Jihyun....I'm willing to do this.

 

I close my eyes and I can perfectly picture everything within my sensory range then, start to freeze the hall.

 

I tried my best to cover it with thick ice. I could feel my nerves freezing.

 

It feels cold especially on my head.

 

Please save yourself now Jihyun-ah.

 

"Chief! The entire hall is frozen!" One hunter shouted as he wasn't able to open the door.

 

Even inside starts freezing.

 

Good thing cold doesn't bother us or else we will all shiver in here.

 

"Who freeze the hall?!" Dad ask but nobody could give him an answer.

 

Commotion start.

 

Arrghh it's too noisy.

 

However, freezing the entire hall took a toll on my body.

 

I feel exhausted.

 

I lean on one of the post and try to figure out where Jihyun is right now.

 

And thank goodness she's is already leaving though one hunter still tries to chase her.

 

I wouldn't that much anymore as that hunter can't match Jihyun's incredible speed.

 

I saw my Dad raise both her arms.

 

He will sure unfreeze the hall now.

 

But.... to my surprise the ice didn't even budge.

 

Wow

 

My Dad wasn't able to break the ice I make!

 

"Why are all still standing there?!" My Dad orders.

 

I'm not gonna do it. I'm tired.

 

"What's wrong why can't uncle break the ice?" My cousin ask Mom

 

"The ice is too thick. I've never seen like this before." Mom said.

 

Jinja?

 

I didn't know that I'm capable of doing this.

 

Or am I really the one who did this?

 

"Who did it?" I ask playing innocent.

 

"I don't know. But whoever did this, he must be the most powerful hunter. Even more powerful than your Dad" Mom said.

 

Powerful than Dad....

 

You gotta be kidding me.

 

"There's a much powerful Hunter than Dad...." I said in awe.

 

"Whoever that is will never gain respect from everyone after this incident. He basically let the vampire escape by trapping us here" My cousin sad.

 

Will anyone suspect it was me?

 

"Stay here Hyomin. I'll be helping your Dad and the others." Mom said and leave me.

 

"Yeah Hyomin. Just stay here and let us do the job. Be alert though. The traitor attacks the weakest one first" My cousin said insulting me before she walk away.

 

I clenched my fist and in just a blink of an eye the ice shattered to pieces!

 

Thank my cousin for insulting me once again. I manage to make their job 100x faster....even though it's basically my fault why the hall got frozen.

 

I took a deep breath.

 

I still feel exhausted.

 

Despite of the commotion my Dad still continues the meeting a thing that I never understand coz I feel so sleepy.

 

I didn't have the time to go back in school coz my father had lots of things to do...and what does have to do with me?

 

Well he want me and my Mom to accompany him.

 

I saw several thing that a clan leader does for the first time.

 

And I really could tell you now that I never want to be a clan leader.

 

"Hyomin!"

 

"Yes Dad?" I snap back when my Dad suddenly raised his voice.

 

"I ask you to come with me and your Mom so you could at least learn how to be a good leader since you're never a good hunter in the first place" He said angrily at me.

 

"Pay attention Hyomin." Mom said and try to calm my Dad.

 

I'm sure if I tell him that I don't wanna be a clan leader he's going to explode.

 

Hays.

 

After few more hours of pretending to be interested in whatever my father is doing I finally have my free time.

 

It's already getting dark.

 

It's getting colder in our spot. Yet you can't see snow like it's supposed to be long time ago.

 

I was only told about this. Our village was supposed to be covered by snow but the snow disappears when the Royal Palace disappears too.

 

Of course the palace disappear coz the Royal clan also disappears.

 

What my clan want the most is for our village to return into the way it used to be. That's why my clan is helping the Guardians of Wisdom.

 

My clan was never after the throne.

 

I go outside out village and notice a certain someone hiding on the woods.

 

"Heol. Here am I thinking that she already left." I said to myself.

 

I walk closer to where she is but I never saw a vampire. Instead I saw a beautiful bird on the branch of the tree.

 

"Isn't a beautiful bird too attractive for a disguise?" I said looking up to her.

 

She flew down and return to her normal self.

 

"Did they hurt you?" She ask and I'm surprised with her super concern tone of voice.

 

I thought she just found me annoying and would never be concern about me.

 

"Uhm. No. They didn't know it was me. What are you trying to do by the way? Are you suicidal or just crazy?" I ask.

 

"Maybe both. I'm just following orders" She said.

 

"Orders? Are your parents trying to kill you now?" I ask

 

"No. It's not my parents. Just some high-ranked vampires from other places. They're challenging me as the heiress. They know your clan is having an assembly so the challenge was for me to spy on your clan" She explained.

 

"And if you failed or die?" I ask.

 

"Then, I'm not worthy to be the next clan leader." She said.

 

"That's absurd" I said.

 

"I can't do anything about it" She said.

 

"The clan is just preparing and waiting for orders. We never plan to strike for the moment but we continue to gather forces. I guess that would be enough as a report" I said.

 

"Are you chasing me away now Park Hyomin?" She ask

 

"Huh? Of-of course not. But..you k-know it's dangerous for you to be here" I said.

 

I didn't mean it to sound rude to her.

 

She giggled.

 

"Don't worry I'm leaving now" She said and step closer to me.

 

I never expect the next thing that she did.

 

**kiss**

 

"Thanks for saving me....always" She said before she shape-shift and flew away leaving me dumbfounded in here.

 

I slowly place my hand on my cheek.

 

"S-she kissed me" I said still unable to believe in what just happen.

 

"Hyomin who are you talking to?"

 

I turn around immediately and saw two of my cousins.

 

Crap!

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

"Shut up Hahm Eunjung! Maybe you're the one who's in love with me" She said with that I look at her with a serious expression.

 

"What if it's true?" I ask.

 

Jiyeon just look at me without saying anything.

 

"What if I say I love you? Will you believe me?" I ask.

 

"You're crazy" She said and suddenly pinch my nose hard.

 

"Ouch! That hurts!" I complain while rubbing my nose.

 

This girl is so violent.

 

My poor nose.

 

I almost confess to her yet she told me I'm crazy.

 

Hays.

 

But then I should give it another try.

 

I hold her hand and look at her straight into the eyes.

 

"Jiyeon I-"

 

I didn't continue what I'm about to say when I notice the color of her eyes is changing.

 

"Your eyes.....It's dark red." I said while still mesmerized with her dark red eyes.

 

"Yours changed too. It's blue-green." She said.

 

Huh? My eyes too?

 

"Do I look prettier with blue-green eyes?" I ask while giving her a confident smile.

 

She raised her eyebrow to me held my chin with her free hand and lean closer while looking into my eyes

 

My body froze when she did that.

 

Her face is really close its making my heart beats louder.

 

My eyes then found her lips.

 

I shut my eyes tight fighting for the strong urge of kissing her again.

 

I must confess first before I kiss her again.

 

"I don't see any difference" She said and I open my eyes again.

 

She's sitting properly now beside me but I'm still holding her hand.

 

"W-what d-o you m-mean there's no dif-ference?" I ask stuttering.

 

Crap!

 

Get yourself together Hahm Eunjung!

 

Talk properly!

 

 "....Death." She said.

 

"Mwo?....Death?" I curiously ask thinking I must've heard it wrongly.

 

She stand up and walk outside the door.

 

I curiously followed her and found her searching something in a distance.

 

"What's wrong?" I ask.

 

"It's gone" She said.

 

"What are you talking about?" I ask.

 

"While we're inside I heard loud ticking of clocks. Lots of them" She said.

 

Ticking clocks?

 

"O...K. What's that supposed to mean?" I ask.

 

"That means their clocks shows up and they're about to die" She said and my mouth hang open.

 

That....that sort of scary.

 

"But I don't know why it suddenly disappear" She said walking back and forth brushing her hair looking frustrated.

 

"Maybe coz your eyes turn normal again?" I said as I don't know why it disappears.

 

I never heard it in the first place.

 

She look at me for few second and grab my hand.

 

I'm looking into her eyes and notice that it's turn dark red once again.

 

She then, let go of my hand and her eyes return to normal.

 

"Woah that was pretty cool. When we hold each other's hand your eyes turn dark red if we let go your eyes return to nor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter