Chapter 26

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HYOMIN'S POV

I woke up late and I'm rushing out of my room to run for school when I overheard my parent's conversation.

 

I didn't know that Dad is still home at this hour.

 

"Guardians of Wisdom attack the vampire village without even telling us" Mom said.

 

"I'm still waiting for their explanation to this. Until then, I don't want to make any conclusion about what happen." Dad said.

 

"They could come up with a better way to provoke them and at the same time reduce their force rather than killing those young vampires who didn't even know how to defend themselves" Mom said which surprised me.

 

Guardians of Wisdom killed young vampires?!

 

"Hyomin you will be late. Why are you still standing there?" Dad said.

 

Yeah right.

 

Why did I even think that they wouldn't notice me here on the corner?

 

"Uhm. I'm leaving" I said.

 

"And don't ever come back home with your hair half-dyed. It's irritating my eyes" Mom said

 

"My hair change on its own. I didn't dye it Mom" I said

 

"What do you mean it changed on its own?" She ask.

 

"I mean it like I said....I'm going to run for school" I said and leave without waiting for their response or remarks.

 

But when I'm already near the gate another one stop me from leaving.

 

One of my cousins who saw me yesterday in the woods.

 

FLASHBACK

"Hyomin who are you talking to?"

 

I turn around and saw two of my cousins.

 

They're sisters and probably the one I never get along with.

 

"Uhm. Nobody. Why are you here?" I said.

 

"We sensed you and a vampire in this spot!" The older one said. She's the one who looks more aggressive.

 

They must not know about Jihyun.

 

"There's only me in here. Maybe your senses were playing tricks on you" I said and I guess that makes then mad.

 

"Our senses never play tricks on us. We're not like you! Maybe you're hiding that vampire. I always suspect that you let the other one slipped last time." The younger one said accusing me.

 

Though that is true...I never plan to admit anything.

 

"What the hell are you talking about?! Are you accusing me of betraying our clan?!" I ask yelling at them.

 

"Yes we do!...and once we proved that even your father can't save you" The older one warned me before they leave.

 

My father would probably the one who wants to kill me first if they found out the truth.

END OF FLASHBACK

 

"I'll be watching you Hyomin." My cousin said to me while she's leaning on the corner of the gate.

 

She's the younger one of those two and same age as me.

 

Tss.

 

"Fine. If you want to see something you will regret" I said and leave her.

 

I don't know if what I said was the right thing and I don't even understand why did I say that.

 

**scratch head**

 

Anyway, I hurriedly go to school thinking that I would be late but when I got there I saw students outside and fire trucks leaving the school.

 

"What happen?" I ask myself while I'm standing here near the school gate.

 

Then, I saw Jiyeon approaching.

 

Is she leaving now?

 

"Hey Jiyeon. What happen there?" I ask.

 

She stop and look at me with a blank expression.

 

"You're blocking the way. Move" She said ignoring my question.

 

Maybe she's not in the mood because of what happen to their village.

 

"I'm sorry about what happen to your village" I said and move on the side to make way for her.

 

"Did you attack the village?" She ask.

 

"Huh? Of course I didn't!" I said immediately.

 

"Then, why are you apologizing? And who cares about that village anyway" She said and walk outside the gate.

 

Did I just hear her said "who cares about the village anyway"?

 

Or I'm just hearing things.

 

I just watch Jiyeon leave.

 

I wonder what happen to her.

 

While I'm trying to figure out inside my head why is she acting that way my senses alerted me that there is....no...are

 

.....there are hunters watching me.

 

Tss.

 

I hate them.

 

This means I must avoid Soyeon and Jihyun.

 

I must warn Boram too.

 

I immediately search for Boram. I'm worried that she's with Soyeon right now.

 

And there I found her in the cafeteria.

 

"Hyomin-ah. What are you doing here?" She ask like she was so surprise to see me.

 

And noticing Soyeon heading this way with two bottles of juice in her hand explains why.

 

"Uhm I hate to ruin your date but I am being watched. And if they saw you too with Soyeon we will have a big problem. I know since the war was already decided you're not allowed to be friends with her anymore" I said.

 

We signaled Soyeon stop and don't come closer to us.

 

Boram understand the situation so she get a piece of paper and write something leaving it on the table before the two of us left the cafeteria.

 

"So what's the score with you two?" I ask.

 

"We're dating" She immediately answers which somehow surprise me.

 

Boram never admits things like this immediately.

 

"So did she court you or you courted her" I ask.

 

"Neither" She said.

 

"Mwo? So you both confess at the same time and just started dating?" I ask.

 

"Nothing like that. We decided to get married." She said

 

"Get m-married?! Are you out of your mind?!" I ask ready to hit her if she's playing me.

 

"Nah. Soyeon and I agreed to get married for the sake of stopping the war but we must love each other within a week first" She explained.

 

She said it like it was so painful.

 

"You love her. Don't you?" I ask.

 

Boram just smile and didn't say anything.

 

This is her. When it comes to admitting she's in love even if her actions says it all she won't easily deny nor confirm it.

 

Playing safe.

 

"By the way. Why are they watching you?" She ask.

 

"My cousins. They're that desperate to kick me out and be the heiress." I said.

 

"And you know you could always secure that spot if you told your parents about your newly found ability" She said.

 

"Yeah. Definitely. But I'm afraid they used me as a weapon for the war." I said.

 

Then, I saw the burnt building.

 

No wonder my classmates are just roaming around.

 

"What happen here?" I ask.

 

"I'm not sure but it seems like Jiyeon did it" She said.

 

J-Jiyeon?

 

"Is she that upset about what happen in their village?" I ask.

 

"You might say that. But she also did try to kill Soyeon" She said.

 

My eyes widen.

 

"Why did she do that?!" I ask.

 

"I don't know but she said we're all burden to her and she wanted us to leave her alone" She said.

 

T-that's can't be.....

 

While we're looking at the burnt building I saw Jihyun not so far from where we stand.

 

She looks so gloomy and I badly want to go and comfort her.

 

"If you wanna talk to her you must hide from those hunters watching you." Boram said.

 

"Yeah. Sounds very easy if they're not hunters. They can find me even if I hide below the ground" I said and sigh.

 

What's happening to us now?

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

White....

 

Why am seeing all white?

 

**sob**

 

Huh?

 

Who's crying?

 

I get up and find the source of the sobbing?

 

And there I found someone sitting on the ground. Her face was covered with both of her hands while sobbing nonstop.

 

She was wearing a red cloak with a fire symbol at the back of it.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter