Chapter 22

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

HYOMIN'S POV

I wonder what Boram is thinking right now.

 

She seems really distracted. Maybe because she thinks too much. Well, she loves doing that but it's not healthy for her.

 

She easily gets mad and now she seems to rush in planning things even though there's a higher percentage that it will never work.

 

Sometimes I wonder if she's being pressured by her parents.....just like me.

 

Heol.

 

My parents want me to like this and that but I already given up trying to be what they want but I'm sure it would be different for Boram. She was never born to be a failure in her clan.

 

She wants me to convince Jihyun. Even if I kneel and beg Jihyun to convince her clan to just let the Guardians of Wisdom get the throne for the sake of continuous peace and for the war not to happen, I'm sure she will never agree and same thing would go with Soyeon.

 

But because Boram is my friend. I'd still give it a try....also after everything that had happen this is my only reason to talk to her.

 

Even though she'll find me annoying once again because of this.

 

I go to the restroom first and make sure I look good before I face her.

 

While looking at the mirror I noticed that almost half of my hair already turns white.

 

I wonder if this thing is normal. I know I'm ice type Guardian but I never heard that our hair would represent our elemental power.

 

And I also wish that nobody would send me to detention because of my hair.

 

It's not like I wanted it to be like this. It just happen for a reason that I'm still trying to figure out.

 

I search for Jihyun using my senses. My Sensory ability could cover the entire school and much wider than that actually.

 

I found her standing on the corner near her classroom.

 

I immediately went there so I could talk to her.

 

I found her leaning on the wall. Arms cross and her eyes were close like she's waiting for someone to arrive.

 

"Uhm...Jihyun-ah?" I said nervously.

 

I don't know why I'm feeling nervous.

 

She didn't respond and remain on her position.

 

Is she sleeping?

 

I wave my hand in front of her face to confirm it.

 

Still no reaction.

 

Do vampires sleep while they're standing?

 

With that I took another step closer to her and attempted to poke her cheek but looking at her this close made me notice the cute mole on her nose.

 

Why I haven't seen this before?

 

It's so cute.

 

"What do you need?"

 

I got startled when she suddenly open her eyes and speak so I step backwards, lost my balance and fell of the floor.

 

Ouch! My hurts!

 

I immediately stand and pick up my things when I realize that other students were already staring at me.

 

This is embarrassing.

 

"Maybe she's drunk again" I heard someone passing by said and laugh.

 

Tsk.

 

I felt much more embarrassed when I heard Jihyun giggled.

 

Damn it!

 

Maybe I should just talk to her some other time.

 

I just look down biting my lower lip in embarrassment.

 

I don't care about what the others will think about me but Jihyun....

 

And so I decided to turn my back and just walk away but....

 

"Are you ok?" She ask and it's obvious to her voice that she's trying to stop laughing at me.

 

"Stop laughing" I said and look at her but only for a brief moment.

 

"The floor isn't slippery and yet you end up falling." She said and lean her face closer to mine which made me gulp and I feel like my face is heating up.

 

WHAT IS SHE DOING?!

 

Lee Jihyun you're such a tease!

 

"I don't think you're drunk" She said.

 

Huh?

 

"You don't smell like alcohol or something." She said.

 

"You don't h-have to lean so cl-close?! Y-you could just a-ask me?!" I said

 

"Why it's such a big deal to you? Haven't you done the same thing earlier?" She said which caught me off guard.

 

I look away and try find something else to say.

 

"Uhm...I thought you are sleeping....and I have something to say" I said and this time I look at her with serious face.

 

"I know you find me annoying but please let me be once again" I said.

 

"You didn't let me finish last time. I have my reasons why I find you annoying" She said.

 

Reasons....

 

"Well, maybe I'll listen to that next time. For now let's talk about an important matter" I said.

 

I badly want to know what reasons she have for calling me annoying but I'm afraid I might forget the main reason why I'm talking to her right now.

 

"Ok. So what was the important thing you wanna say?" She ask.

 

"I bet the result of what happen last night reach you already." I said.

 

"Yeah. The council is blaming Guardians of Discord and Vampires for that incident" She said.

 

"I feel sorry about that but Boram talk to me on our way here. She said that her parents are really pursuing the war so she came up with something to prevent war..." I said.

 

"So she came up with something once again. What is it?" She ask.

 

Heol.

 

I don't think it's a good suggestion.

 

"Boram is suggesting that you convince your clan to let Guardians of Wisdom have the throne...I-I know it sounds almost impossible but it might really stop the war." I said.

 

"She's crazy. Do you really think that once their clan become the new royal family everything will be at peace? If they're serious about the war my clan and Soyeon's clan is also serious about it. Even if I agree with that stupid plan if majority of our kind choose to fight it's still useless" she said.

 

I know she will never be convinced.

 

"There will be peace if nobody will be wanting to take the throne aside from the one who really owns the throne. Just let the clan leaders take care of their clans and mind their own business then, there will be peace and no war" She said.

 

I scratch the back of my head.

 

Her suggestion is still as stressful as Boram.

 

"We need to find a better solution for this." I said.

 

"Some of the vampires from other places are coming to our village. It really indicates that my parents are strengthening our force for the upcoming war." She said.

 

"Same here. My father promoted the other Hunters in training much earlier than he used to be" I said.

 

"That's one of the reason why her plan will never happen" She said.

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

Who the hell is this Hongbin?

 

Why is Jiyeon so happy to see him?

 

"Wow it's been so long! I almost didn't recognize you!" Jiyeon said so cheerfully.

 

She didn't even greet me back and yet with that guy?!

 

Tss.

 

"If you don't plan to leave yet, then I'll leave first." I said.

 

"Ohh I could send you both to school." The guy said.

 

I don't like him.

 

"Ah this is my childhood friend Hongbin. He's a vampire. Hongbin this is Eunjung she's a Guardian of Love" Jiyeon introduce us.

 

"Why are you being friends with Guardians? Our allies were only the Guardians of Discord but my Dad always remind me not to trust them" Hongbin said while giving a cold stare.

 

The way he despised Guardians makes me think that he doesn't know that Jiyeon is a Guardian too.

 

"You can trust Eunjung. They're not one of them Hongbin-ah so be nice to her" She said.

 

"He doesn't have to act nice if it's against his will" I said.

 

"Guys....Please." Jiyeon said sensing the tension.

 

"I'm not riding on his car. If you'll go with him then I'm not going to stop you" I said.

 

Jiyeon looks confused now.

 

I guess she knows how it feels now when she's making me choose between her and Gyuri.

 

"I'll see in school then" Jiyeon said.

 

She didn't know how this simple thing breaks my heart.

 

I just turn my back and walk away without saying anything.

 

I just don't know what to say and the fact that she already choose to go with him made me a loser.

 

I just walk on the side of the street feeling gloomy.

 

I don't want to think about it but I can't help it.

 

I keep thinking what she and that guy is doing right now.

 

Does she enjoys being with him than being with me?

 

What if she fall in love with him instead of me?!

 

CRAP!

 

Why does he have to come when I already figure out my feelings for Jiyeon?!

 

"I could hear the sound of a shattering heart"

 

Huh?

 

I stop walking and found IU standing on the shop that I'm passing by.

 

"You do feel my pain too?" I ask.

 

She told me before that we're connected.

 

"Sort of" She said and walk with me.

 

"Jiyeon and you should meet." I said coz I can't find anything to say.

 

Jiyeon also invaded my mind not just my heart.

 

I know this might sound cheesy but I actually feel bitter right now.

 

"Why do I need to meet her?" She ask.

 

"Coz you know more about Guardians of Death more than she does. You can teach her.....wait. I bet you know what she is" I said and she giggles.

 

"Of course I know what she is but that's not enough reason for me to meet her" She said.

 

Not enough reason?

 

"And why not?" I ask.

 

"I just don't think that we're going to get along" She said.

 

Eyy?

 

"Do you know my friend Gyuri?" I ask.

 

"Hmmm....she does sound familiar. Why?" She said.

 

"Well, Jiyeon told me that she's being possessed by some evil spirit. Can you confirm it? You know more about these things right?" I ask.

 

"Of course I could confirm it for you but I've heard about evil spirits. They're much interested to possess a Guardian of Death than other creature. They would never be interested in possessing a mortal body. Their intentions to mortals were only to eat their souls." She said.

 

"My friend is a mortal. Does that mean Jiyeon is wrong about it?" I ask feeling a bit hope that I could help my friend.

 

"Let's see if I could help" She said.

 

"Thank you!" I happily said.

 

"It amuses me how you overcome your hatred for Guardians of Death that fast" She said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter