Chapter 31

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

BEFORE THE TIME FASTFORWARD TO WAR

BORAM'S POV

"Hyomin-ah! What happen to Soyeon?!" I worriedly ask while we're flying up here in the air.

 

"I'm not sure. But the place where I saw her is creepy. It's like someone is chasing me away from it." She said.

 

"How about my Mom? Could you try looking for her?" Qri ask.

 

"Hmm. I haven't seen your Mom. So it will be hard to find her but Soyeon is not alone in that place. She's with someone" Hyomin said.

 

"Then I think you should try it again. Be brave and don't back off if something scares you" I said.

 

I hope Soyeon is ok.

 

"Alright. I will give it a try" Hyomin said and took a deep breath.

 

I wonder what she saw that scares her like that.

 

She close her eyes and starts trembling.

 

After few minutes she open her eyes again and heaved a frustrated sigh.

 

"I can't do it. It's creepy and I can't even concentrate!" She said.

 

"But you did recognize a place close to it?" Qri ask.

 

Hyomin gave her an unsure look and bit her lower lip.

 

That means she freak out and didn't recognize the place at all.

 

Heol.

 

I've been using my powers since this morning and I'm basically not a warrior type who could last a day fighting.

 

I don't have enough strength to let the wind check the whole place.

 

"Alright. Let me try it again" Hyomin said trying to sound brave though she doesn't look like one.

 

"Y-you can hold my....h-hand if you want t-to" Qri said extending her arms while looking on the other side.

 

Hyomin seems really surprise with that offer.

 

"Tss. Hyomin just hold her hand and hurry up" I said and look away.

 

I don't wanna see whatever these two we're going to do.

 

I don't want my head get messed up because of those scenes.

 

"You do sound so bitter Boramie. Don't worry. I'll do my best to find YOUR Soyeonnie" She said.

 

"Tss. Shut up" I said and waited.

 

But it makes me think....

 

What would Soyeon do if she's here with us?

 

".....It's uhm....the...the school" Hyomin said and now I turn around to look at them.

 

Their hands still linked together and I think they don't plan to let go.

 

"It's somewhere in our school" She said.

 

With that I immediately stir the cloud and let it fly towards our school.

 

"Yah! At least give a warning!" Hyomin protested with the sudden stir I did.

 

"Qri didn't even complain!" I said.

 

"I'm used to movements faster than what you did" Qri said.

 

I should've known.

 

"Hold on tight Hyomin!" I said and fly faster.

 

And then we noticed.

 

"The school is covered with the dark smoke." Hyomin said.

 

"Those dark smoke last time. Jiyeon said they are the soul eating monsters right? So there are many of them right now" I said.

 

"How will we get in there then?" Qri ask.

 

"It's hard for me to figure out now where could be Soyeon is." Hyomin said.

 

Hmm.

 

My brain needs to work.

 

Soul eating monsters would never had a second thought of eating our souls.

 

"I think I have an idea where could they be" I said.

 

"Where?" They both ask at the same time

 

"There's only one mysterious place in this school" I said.

 

"The restricted area" Qri said.

 

"Right. And Soyeon said before that there are lots of bones buried there." I said.

 

"I will make our way down to that spot. When I clear up the smoke, Hyomin will create an Ice barrier to the whole place. Qri use your insects to find Soyeon" I said explaining how will we do it.

 

"Ok" Qri said.

 

"Got it" Hyomin replied.

 

I hope I still have enough strength for all of these.

 

I lower down our altitude a little bit and create a hurricane on the restricted area to clear up the smoke.

 

We landed and Hyomin created an ice barrier as planned.

 

I just hope there's no enemy hiding inside the building.

 

Qri also did her part searching the area.

 

"Your ice gets thicker." I said.

 

I never seen her ice as solid as this.

 

"I don't know but since my hair turns all white my ice power also improves along with my senses" She said.

 

"Guys....take a look at this" Qri called us.

 

She's already inside.

 

"This writings never glows before" She said.

 

I remember Eunjung could read them before but they aren't glowing red.

 

I look closer to it and realize that it's blood.

 

"What's this? Blood flowing on this writings" Hyomin said.

 

A thing that I also notice.

 

"This is seal" I said.

 

"Seal? Then can you decipher it?" Qri ask.

 

"I believe I can't. This seals doesn't look ordinary at all....... It's like a seal from the royal clan. A type of seal that Guardians of Wisdom were not capable of deciphering" I explained

 

"What will we do now then? My Mom and Soyeon could be sealed in this place" Qri said.

 

I sighed and started to think.

 

I never studied any seals coming from the Royal Clan.

 

"If we could find a weak spot could you try to decipher it?" Hyomin ask.

 

"Blood is flowing on the seals. That means there is huge chance that there's no weak spot. The blood strengthen the seal." I said.

 

I just don't know if the blood runs out.

 

"What if we st-" Hyomin was interrupted when a sudden earthquake happens.

 

"What's going on?" Hyomin ask.

 

"No idea!" I said.

 

The floor where we stand suddenly sink and the next thing we know is that we're in some place surrounded by trees.

 

It's like this place was hit by a cyclone..

 

"What happen? Where are we?"

 

I turn around to see the owner if that familiar voice

 

My eyes widen in shock!

 

"Soyeonnie!" I said and without thinking I just run to her and give her a hug but she suddenly push me.

 

I frown and I'm confused.

 

"W-what's wrong?" I ask.

 

"Look. I don't know what just happen. I was with Qri's Mom somewhere and then suddenly I'm here but I need to make sure if you're really Boram this time?" She ask.

 

What?

 

"What are you saying Soyeonnie?" Hyomin ask her.

 

"You were with my Mom? Where is she now?" Qri ask.

 

Soyeon was being bombarded with questions looking so confused.

 

"I didn't know what happen to you which made you doubt me but it's really me Soyeonnie" I said and explained to her what happen earlier.

 

I just can't explain how we suddenly end up on this place.

 

"Oh shoot! This is not good!" Hyomin said suddenly panicking.

 

"What happen?" Soyeon ask

 

"I'm not really sure but it seems like the war is about to start. It's that way" She said and pointed a certain direction.

 

I look around.

 

"How could that possibly happen?" I ask.

 

"I'm not sure but I think we just skipped a day" Qri said showing us the date on her phone.

 

"It's already morning. Yet the darkness...And I can't sense any mortal presence within my range." Hyomin said.

 

"We must do something to stop the war. Even if we skipped a day the four of us were together at this point. We must've been planning to do something that's why we're here instead of being in the war." I said and we all decided to check what's going on in the battlefield.

 

We get closer but not close enough to get noticed by hunters.

 

"They're not attacking each other. It seems like they're confused about something." Hyomin said.

 

Hmm.

 

"So the time just skipped and bring us where we're supposed to be at this point without leaving any knowledge about the events during those times that we missed" I concluded.

 

"It's still confusing but what will we do now? They will not stand there getting confused the whole time. The war will still happen if we didn't do anything" Soyeon said.

 

"My Mom is in there too. This is really confusing but first we must convince everyone that someone else is doing this chaos" Qri said.

 

"Geez. I will give it a try even though no one will probably listen to me" Hyomin said.

 

I have same thoughts in my mind.

 

Heol.

 

What words of wisdom I could use to change my father's mind?

 

While I was thinking I felt a hand on my shoulder.

 

"Boramie. Any plans in case they didn't listen?"

 

Backup plan......

 

Why do I need to do lots of thinking?

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

What just happen?

 

Where is this place?

 

Why it's so dark in here?

 

I can'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter