Chapter 5

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOYEON'S POV

I'm walking around the school searching for one particular person.

 

I just came up with a wonderful idea and I'm proud of myself for it.

 

I may not be as smart as the guardians of wisdom but I still can be considered smart.

 

Oh there she is!

 

I finally found her with a girl wearing and carrying all black stuffs but nonetheless that girl is still pretty.

 

"Hey Eunjung!" I called her out while running towards their direction.

 

They both stop and curiously look at me.

 

"Soyeon-ah" Eunjung said.

 

"Wow. You're not late today Soyeonnie" Jiyeon said to me.

 

"Yup. I'm looking forward to see you too Jiyeonnie" I said joking at her and she just raised an eyebrow to me.

 

Huh?

 

Jiyeon is my classmate and I notice that she always stare at me in a weird way. Not in a bad weird way but I'm not sure if it's good either.

 

It's like there's something in me that she don't understand.

 

Well, me being a guardian is out of the question. She's a mortal and I'm sure she have no clue about guardians. How did I know that?...that is because mortals thinks that it's all fantasy.

 

"Why do you wanna see me?" Jiyeon curiously ask.

 

"Because you are very pretty!" I said and pinch both her cheeks lightly.

 

She just give me this boring expression like she's telling me that I'm not buying your excuse

 

Eunjung laughs.

 

"She's not pretty Soyeonnie. Stop kidding" Eunjung said.

 

She's joking too......I think.

 

"SHUT UP STUPID CUPID!" Jiyeon angrily said and hurriedly walk away from us.

 

"Stupid Cupid? Why is she calling you that Eunjung?" I ask and found Eunjung who seems regretting what she said to Jiyeon.

 

Hmm.

 

"It's because I'm a matchmaker. She calls me cupid or witch to tease me" She explained.

 

"So she knows you-re a gu-"

 

"She doesn't" She said not even letting me to finish.

 

"I see...well, I wanted to see you coz I have a business partnership offer to you" I said and grin.

 

"Huh? Business partnership? I'm not sure if I'm good at those things. Besides people hate me. I might drag your business down" She said.

 

"A total lack of confidence in yourself. Well, I can't blame you on that BUT....there is no other person qualified to this business other than you" I said.

 

"Huh? What do you mean? What kind of business is that?" She curiously ask.

 

"Actually. We will take your matchmaking business to the next level!" I said.

 

She just look at me and blink few times.

 

"Next....level?...I don't get it Soyeon-ah" She said still in confusion.

 

I sighed.

 

"We will be partners. That means I will be the one searching customers for you and you will do the job. I know you have set your own rules in doing this  but hear me out...If anything goes wrong I will use the power of discord to break them apart. You know it's some kind of undoing the power of love you casted on them" I said.

 

That is a brilliant idea, isn't it?!

 

"I don't think using your powers will undo my powers to them." She said.

 

"But once I used my powers to them I don't think they will still feel love" I said.

 

Eunjung thinks for few seconds....

 

"Alright....I'll agree with this partnership but only for a short period of time. We don't know what kind of mess we might create upon doing this but I kinda need money now too" She said.

 

"Then we have a deal." I said and offered a handshake.

 

"Deal...but only for a while" She said and shake hands with me.

 

I giggled.

 

"It's funny how you still willing to value their rules even though they've been trying to assassinate you now" I said.

 

"I can't help it. I guess it runs in my blood. See you around Soyeon and uhm....tell Jiyeon I'm sorry" She said and walk away.

 

Few minutes more before the bells rings.

 

I just watch Eunjung walk away and remain in my position.

 

I feel like someone is watching us the whole time Eunjung and I were having our conversation.

 

I tried to look around and search for it but then, the feeling immediately disappears.

 

It's not long till I figure out who that person is even though she's not watching me anymore.

 

There I saw her talking to Eunjung.

 

I decided to came closer and listen to their conversation.

 

"Stay away from Park Soyeon. You know she's too troublesome" The short girl said to her.

 

Tss.

 

Why does she always have to do the most annoying parts?

 

"I'd decide for myself. Don't tell me what to do" Eunjung coldly said and leave her.

 

"Tsk. You're very rude you know" I voice out.

 

She turn around and see me on the corner.

 

"I have no time for you Park Soyeon. Stay away from Eunjung. If she gets involve in another trouble the council will have more reason to kill her" Boram said.

 

I could say she's really angry with me coz her nerves seems to pop on her forehead.

 

"Do you think that if Eunjung behaves well and follows every rule the council will change their mind and alter their decision?.... You are smarter than me. You must know better. The council will continue to dig in her flaws to cover up the real reason why they want her dead....they're scared of her coz Eunjung is powerful and she is th-"

 

"Shut up Park Soyeon!" She said and push me on the side before disappearing with the wind.

 

Did I went overboard? I'm just telling the truth.

 

QRI'S POV

I'm up here in the tall tree looking at the students rushing to their classrooms.

 

Few minutes more the bell will ring indicating that it's time to start the classes.

 

Me?

 

I always come to school on time but I don't need to rush.

 

I'm fast enough to be there in last minute.

 

But right now I kinda feel like walking like those normal students.

 

When I was about to jump of the tree someone arrive.

 

A man wearing black cloak and mask.

 

"Lady Qri I came to relay a message from the great elder." He stated.

 

From Grandma?

 

"What is it?" I ask.

 

"She suddenly don't feel well and very weak. She ask for you and Lady Jiyeon to come after class" He said.

 

"How bad is it? Will she be ok?" I worriedly ask.

 

"From what I heard she needs rest and recover her strength" He said.

 

Recover her strength?

 

What she has been doing lately to make her exhausted? As far as I know she's just there in her house doing stuffs she loves to do and I'm sure those stuffs were not really tiring.

 

"Alright. We'll be there. I'll just tell Jiyeon. You should leave now before a guardian notice you" I said and he immediately leave.

 

I'm worried about Grandma....**sigh**

 

**sniff**

 

"Where does that smell come from?" I ask myself upon realizing that it was a strong human blood scent.

 

My fangs were coming out on its own because of the strong scent.

 

It's not unusual to smell blood coz we're actually meddling with mortals but not this intense scent.

 

Despite of its effect on me curiosity still rules over me so I followed the scent to know where it came from.

 

The scent takes me to the abandoned building on the western part of the school.

 

This is a restricted part of the school as the fences and signs stated.

 

But I don't care about those signs. I need to figure it out.

 

It would take more than one wounded mortal to produce this kind of scent.

 

I want to come closer to the building but I can hear unclear voice and it's a little bit hard to sneak in because coz there's only few trees around here. Mostly just tall grass around and bunch of garbage.

 

I hide behind the closest tree to the building but it's no good.

 

I still don't understand those things that I hear.

 

If only it's night time then, sneaking in wouldn't really be a problem to me.

 

**sigh**

 

This smells like trouble.

 

"What am I even doing here?" I said talking to myself.

 

The bell already rings...

 

"Maybe I should go back now..." I said talking to myself again.

 

I make it outside the fences but I wasn't able to leave this place immediately coz I saw two person approaching.

 

I hide behind the bushes and saw two students.

 

They look around before they unlock the gate.

 

"What are they doing? That place is restricted" I said while watching in curiosity.

 

"I don't know. I'm curious about that too"

 

My eyes widen when I heard someone answered me.

 

I slowly turn to my right .... DAMN IT!

 

I thought she was about to scream so my hands immediately move to cover not knowing that she just plan to do the same thing....

 

We're covering each other's mouth with our hands.

 

Recovering from shock I finally pull my hand away and she did the same thing.

 

"Cold/Cold" We said in unison.

 

I was referring to her cold hands while me I'm normally cold.

 

I better leave this place now before she notice that I'm a vampire.

 

"U-uhm I'm late for class" I said and stand up then start to walk away.

 

"Hey wait..." She said.

 

I stop but I didn't turn around to face her.

 

"What's your name?" She ask.

 

"Jihyun" I said and walk fast away from that place.

 

Far away from Park Hyomin.

 

When I finally made it to the classroom by sneaking into my seat. My teacher is starting to check our attendance.... then it hits me!

 

I just realize that I did gave my real name to that woman....

 

I JUST GAVE MY NAME TO AN ENEMY!!

 

MY REAL NAME!

 

JIYEON'S POV

Hahm Eunjung is really getting into my nerves this time.

 

I feel so irritated. Maybe because I lack sleep....but since when actually lack of sleep affects me like this?

 

Ahrgg. It's pissing me off.

 

"Jiyeon-ssi"

 

And here's another one that might really pissed me off.

 

How can I calm myself if it's like this?

 

"Gyuri-ssi" I said facing her with my most neutral expression.

 

I don't want to pick a fight with her though I think sometimes she's trying to pick a fight on me.

 

"I will be direct to the point. I wanna know if you like Eunjung" She said and smile at me.

 

Her questions quite ticks me inside but I need to keep cool.

 

"Well, you seem to like Cupid....Is it necessary for me to answer that question? If Eunjung likes you she will be with you. It won't matter if I like her or not. After all, we are not friends." I said and smile at her too.

 

I hope she gets the message that I don't like her and I also hope that she would just stay away from me from now on.

 

If she likes that stupid cupid that much the hell I care about it!

 

"I'll take that answer as a yes then Jiyeon-ssi" She said.

 

What?!

 

"I didn't say y-...oh well whatever. Just leave me alone" I said.

 

She could start thinking whatever she wants.

 

I won't bother myself about her anymore.

 

I'll just ignore her since she annoys me so much.

 

"Jiyeon-ssi. It's not yet too late to change your mind. I hope you won't regret opposing me" She said.

 

"I am not opposing you. I just don't care. Could you please just leave me alone?" I said calmly to her.

 

"Alright then. Sorry to bother you." She said and finally she go back to her seat.

 

What's up with her really?

 

Unintentionally, my face turn to her direction.

 

Looking at Gyuri from here she seems to be really friendly judging by the attention she's getting from everyone in the classroom.

 

She's weird. Maybe that's the reason why she and Cupid became friends.

 

Tsk.

 

The bell already rings but our teacher is not yet here in the classroom

 

I can't wait for my classmates to shut their mouths and give me a moment of silence.

 

I was about to take a nap here on my desk when suddenly...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter