Chapter 11

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SOYEON'S POV

"There's just one thing I wanted to say. If you want to kill me like everybody else. Please let me finish my mission and I assure you I would let you kill me" Jiyeon said and started to cry.

 

I'm still so shock about this revelation. I don't hold a grudge against any Guardian of Death but....this is the first time I met one and I just....don't know what to think about them but apparently Jiyeon happens to be my friend so it's really hard for me to figure it out whether to be mad or just understand her.

 

Thinking about it deeply, if I was her I would've done the same thing. So I don't think being mad is quite reasonable.

 

Heol. I'm a very open-minded person for a Guardian of Discord.

 

Jiyeon is Guardian of Death and though it's slightly different in Eunjung's case I could tell that they're somehow in the same situation but.....

 

Guardians of Death have far more bad reputation than the Guardians of Love. I don't know what that supposed to mean but that's at least what my parents told me..... that actually they not supposed to tell.

 

The truth is... The council was trying to erase Guardians of Love and Guardians of Death in the minds of future generations and for what reason? That is such a complex thing that I don't understand.

 

If that's their plan from the start why do they let Eunjung live?

 

They seized all the books that contain deeper knowledge about the Guardians of Death and Love so these generations mostly know general knowledge about them. Some books speak very little about them and elders were not supposed to discuss further about this topic to their children.

 

Looks like the council is hiding something from everyone.

 

Now, back to Jiyeon. I don't know what mission is she talking about but she said she's willing to die after she accomplished it.

 

She must've been keeping bigger secrets than her identity but to be honest, I don't think she's a bad person.

 

"Qri.....Does Qri knows?" I ask and she shook her head.

 

So she's also keeping everything from her vampire family.

 

"Aside from Grandma. You're the first one to know." She said.

 

"It must been hard for you to live knowing that everyone wants to kill you. Even the family you grew up with." I said and tap her shoulder.

 

It must've been really hard for a Guardian to grew up with vampires. Not just because they might kill her if they found out the truth she also needs to get used to their way of living. I mean, like drinking blood.

 

It's the most disgusting thing for a guardian.

 

"Don't worry about it. Your secret is safe with me" I said assuring her.

 

Jiyeon is not a bad person but I still need to be careful. Some rumors about them could be true and I still don't know what mission is she talking about.

 

"Hey, let's go back to the cottage and get this done." I said.

 

We stayed longer in here than we should be.

 

We might be late for class but not that I do care about it. The worst is that we didn't eat lunch yet.

 

"How will you do this?" I ask her.

 

"I don't know how to do this but let me try talking to the lost soul" She said.

 

"Eh?? How come you didn't know how to do it?" I ask.

 

"Soyeonnie I grew up with vampires. You don't expect me to learn so much about my powers from them" She said.

 

Right. She got a point.

 

But I wonder who her parents are and besides I heard that vampires and guardians is an impossible match for a couple.

 

Anyway, I just stand watch what will she do.

 

She ask Mr. Sia to close his eyes.

 

I notice that the wind blew a little harder than usual and only here in our location.

 

"What's going on?" I ask.

 

"She's trying to defy me" Jiyeon said and sighed

 

"Is that a bad thing?" I ask.

 

Mr. Sia looks unconscious while sitting on the chair.

 

**gulp**

 

Will he be alright?

 

"No...It’s fine. She will leave and be gone forever" Jiyeon said and everything around us returns to normal.

 

I took a deep breath in relief.

 

"Hey, what about Mr. Sia?" I ask.

 

"Huh? He left with her" She said.

 

"MWO?!!!" I said in shock.

 

Mr. Sia died?!

 

How come I never saw a soul leaving his body? He can't immediately be a lost soul after leaving his body.

 

Jiyeon giggled.

 

"I'm just kidding. He's asleep and probably won't remember anything we've done in here. Let's just leave a note for him that he can continue the wedding and leave" She said.

 

"Damn! You got me there" I said and write a note not forgetting to ask for the payment.

 

We still help him though.

 

Jiyeon and I headed back to school.

 

"Hey do you have powers that could allow us to travel faster?" I ask.

 

"Hmm. I have no such power." She said.

 

"Then, we have no other choice but I can't guarantee you we'll arrive in time. We can't even eat lunch I think. I don't mind not eating human food for a day but it's different if I won't eat soul for a day. How about you?" I ask.

 

"Hmm. It's no big deal to me" She said.

 

"Jiyeon-ah. You're not the only Guardian of Death alive. There's another one last night. Are you going to find her?" I ask.

 

"I don't know yet. I'm still trying to figure out how come I see her face clearly while you guys can't" She said.

 

She saw the other Guardian of Death's face?

 

"I wanna know who is she" She said.

 

It's been years since the council ordered for a total annihilation of her kind and believed that no one survived but still here they are. What if there's more than two Guardians of Death survivors. What would the council do this time?

 

This sure will give them a hard time.

 

"The mission you were talking about earlier....Does that have something to do with the missing mortals?" I ask.

 

"To tell you the truth I still don't know. My mission is not even clear to me yet but I still need to do it no matter what" She said.

 

Now, I'm really curious what her mission is?

 

"The missing mortals...How do they disappear?" She ask.

 

"Hmm. Qri and I saw a group of students....they just disappear in a blink of an eye leaving no clue behind. Qri is investigating about it like Boram and Hyomin. I don't know what's Qri's progress but Boram and Hyomin were investigating on the school restricted area where the principal and the police died this morning." I explained.

 

"The janitor said a monster attack them" She said.

 

"Yeah and actually that happens after Boram and I left the place. We get inside to investigate and I found tons of human bones buried to the ground. There's also something weird in that place. A very strong force wanting to kill" I said.

 

"Could you bring me there?" She ask.

 

She looks so determined to do it but there's a part of me that don't want to go back in that place after what I just experienced there.

 

"I'll take you there some other time. What happens below there freaks me out" I said.

 

"I understand....and Soyeonnie... Please don't tell anyone about me. Especially Qri" She said.

 

"Sure...but wouldn't your cousin be mad if she found out that you told me first?" I ask though I wonder if I should let Eunjung know.

 

"Qri have too much anger for my kind. I attempted several times of telling her but I always failed because I fear that she might hate me." I said.

 

We finally arrive at school. There's still five minutes before the bell rings so we both just headed back to our classroom.

 

EUNJUNG'S POV

Gyuri and I were having lunch together. I though Jiyeon will go eat with Soyeon but I didn't see them here.

 

Maybe Soyeon is somewhere wandering and Jiyeon is with her girlfriend.

 

Tss. Why do I worry about her so much? Her girlfriend obviously won't let her eat alone or else...or else her girlfriend is a jerk!

 

"Eunjung-ah. Why you keep looking around? Are you not comfortable with this crowded place?" Gyuri ask.

 

"Ah no..no. It's fine. It's just kinda noisy" I said though I don't really mind about the noise.

 

It's always like this here everyday so I just get used to it.

 

"Don't worry. There will be a day these place will be less crowded. All of them will be gone" She said.

 

"Huh?" I said wondering what is she talking about.

 

Gyuri laughs.

 

"I mean if we eat here earlier then it won't be these crowded" She said.

 

"Ahh but that will only happen if we will skip class. You're not thinking of ditching class, are you?" I said ready to scold her just like the old times.

 

"Ditching a boring class would be good sometimes" She said and grin.

 

"Tsk. You never change" I said and ruffled her hair.

 

"Hey!" She protested and I just laugh at her.

 

"I'm really glad you're well recovered even after the accident. I thought you will die that time." I said remembering the tragedy years ago when we were just little.

 

Gyuri and I were playing one time on a vacant lot one time when she run away from her nanny and I also run away from my Dad who keeps forcing me to work.

 

It was a beautiful day and we're playing happily under the heat of the sun when suddenly the ground starts shaking causing both of us to stop running around.

 

We thought it already stop but I didn't dare to move but Gyuri started to run. It was right then another shock stronger than the previous one was felt and causing a huge crack to the ground.

 

Things happen too fast and all I know is that Gyuri fall on the crack.

 

I was really scared that time to think properly. I just found the rescuers came and heard one of them said that it's impossible for someone to live if they fall on that crack.

 

That's also the last time I saw Gyuri. I then heard that her parents took her somewhere to get healed. Even though I badly want to see her after the incident my father never let me escape again and let me do lots of work.

 

"Ah I'm really glad too but let's forget about that. What matters is now" She said and hold my hand over the table.

 

I somehow doesn't feel right but I don't want to upset her. After all it's just holding hands. Friends do hold each other’s hand.

 

"Uhm. Maybe we should leave now. It's almost time" I said and finally having an excuses to pull my hand away.

 

I stand up and get my bag. She did the same and cling on my shoulder.

 

"It's so dark in here. Please let me see some light. Please help me"

 

I hear that voice again.

 

I keep hearing that since earlier and I'm trying so hard to ignore it.

 

Now I do feel like I'm being followed by a ghost

 

"You will walk me to my classroom right?" She ask giving me a pleading look.

 

I couldn't say no to that so I just agree and walk her to her classroom but then....

 

"Oh Eunjung Gyuri" Soyeon greeted us. Standing beside her is Jiyeon wearing a poker face and obviously ignoring me.

 

"So dark. So dark!"

 

That voice again.

 

I can't see lost souls. What if it's really following me?

 

It gives me chills.

 

"You're together." I said.

 

"Huh? Uhm. Yeah. Of course. I can't let a pretty girl be alone" Soyeon said and wink at Jiyeon.

 

I saw Jiyeon frown at her but she just ignore it and laugh.

 

"You should've just joined us for lunch" Gyuri said being friendly.

 

"I won't eat with you. You're......you're creepy" Jiyeon said and get inside the classroom leaving us but I didn't missed the glare she gave to me.

 

"She's always very rude to me!" Gyuri said stomping her feet.

 

"Uhm. Sorry about that. Jiyeon is kind. I think she's just in a bad mood." I said apologizing in Jiyeon's behalf.

 

"Eunjung can I have a word with you?" Soyeon said and look at me seriously.

 

"Sure. You can get inside now Gyuri-ah" I said and smile at her.

 

"Alright. See you later after class" She said before she walk inside their room

 

"What is it?" I ask.

 

"About Jiyeon..." She said.

 

"She's a vampire?" I said concluding that Soyeon already know.

 

She look at me in the eye.

 

She's not surprised but it's like her eyes is telling me something. Then, she sighed.

 

"Yeah. So you already know that. That's great. You’re not mad at her so better stop making her jealous with Gyuri" She said.

 

"H-huh?? What are you talking about? I'm not making her jealous and besides, why would she be jealous?? She already have a girlfriend so there's no way she would like me the way you think" I said talking so fast.

 

Soyeon laugh.

 

"You sound so defensive Eunjung. I'm just teasing you. And Jiyeon had a girlfriend?" I ask

 

"Yeah. I saw her last night in Jiyeon's apartment. They're really close to each other" I said not wanting to describe the full details of what I saw last night coz it doesn't make me feel good.

 

Soyeon just laugh at me again.

 

"Eunjung you're so funny....but I never really heard that Jiyeon already have a girlfriend." She said.

 

"Yes! She have! I'm very sure of it." I said.

 

I saw it with my own eyes and there's no mistake about what I saw!

 

Soyeon still laughing at me.

 

"It's then one who keeps stalking her is her." I said.

 

"So her stalker becomes her girlfriend eventually. Hmm" Soyeon said like she's still don't believe me.

 

Heol.

 

"See you later Soyeonnie. I'll go now" I said not wanting to explain further. I'm really not comfortable remembering that scene.

 

"Yeah. Jiyeon and I take care of another client today and we did well." Soyeon said and that made me stop and look at her.

 

"We have a client earlier and you guys left me?" I ask a little bit disappointed.

 

"Hey. It's not that exciting you know. Don't be upset. Besides you have a date.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter