Chapter 2

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

EUNJUNG'S POV

Leaves swaying on the branches...

 

Blue sky with thin clouds covering it.

 

So peaceful...

 

But what is that noise?

 

It sounds like the annoying bell in school.

 

 

 

 

 

......

 

 

 

SCHOOL BELL!

 

I hurriedly get up and unfortunately fall on the bench.

 

Damn!

 

Jiyeon just left me here without even waking me up!

 

Tsk...that woman!

 

So this left me with no choice but to run as fast as I can....

 

But it's really hard to compete with time.

 

My teacher was already inside the classroom.

 

Well, I don't want to get scolded and give my classmate another reason to taunt so I'll just lurk around here till my next class.

 

**phone rings**

 

I haven't check who's calling yet but I had this very bad feeling in me.

 

I get my phone and answer the call as I walk away from the classroom.

 

"Hahm Eunjung! Why did you do that to your customer?!" That's my Dad's loud and angry voice over the phone.

 

Tsk.

 

"I have my requirements and he doesn't meet them." I answered boringly.

 

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?! THE ONLY REQUIREMENT YOU NEED IS THAT YOUR CUSTOMER NEEDS TO HAVE LOTS OF MONEY! STOP BEING DUMB LIKE YOUR MOTHER!!" He said.

 

I clench my fist.

 

"Dad I have to go. Bye" I said and hang up.

 

I turn off my phone so he can't call me again.

 

Damn!

 

He just care about money!

 

And he have no right to call my Mom dumb!

 

My Mom is still way better parent than him!

 

"I see you're not in your class" A girl approach me and said.

 

"So do you" I said.

 

"You don't believe in it. Do you?" She ask.

 

I stop and face her.

 

"What are you talking about? And why the hell are you talking to me? Your father cursed me and that makes me hate you too" I said and glare at her.

 

"I am not my father. We're guardians of wisdom but we don't possess each other's brain. I have my own way of thinking and my own judgment." She said.

 

And she want me to believe in that?

 

That man is her father! His blood runs on her veins!

 

"Just leave me alone Jeon Boram" I said and walk away.

 

Guardians of Wisdom.

 

The Guardians who gave me the wrong verdict.

 

I'm a Guardian of Love. Not a witch and definitely not cupid just like what Jiyeon calls me.

 

I am supposed to be loves by many or make them love me but then I was cursed.

 

Every time I will use my powers people who are close to me will start hating me and that begins with my father who is a mortal...then my classmates and everyone close to me.

 

It !

 

I can't stop using my powers.

 

Aside from the reason that I would obviously make my father MORE mad at me.....I also need my power to get food.

 

Not just that kind of food that Jiyeon and I ate for lunch...

 

It's something that mortals possess.

 

 

 

 

 

 

SOUL...

 

Their souls make us strong and continue living but we can't just kill them anytime we want.

 

We're following rules.

 

We must choose carefully who to kill.

 

One soul for a day is enough. Eating more than that is dangerous.

 

Me, I make human love and feel loved.

 

It makes them happy.

 

The happier they are the tastier their souls will be.

 

But I don't kill my clients.

 

You see I'm not as good as my mother. My mother is not around to train me so most of the time when I match make two person I also fail.

 

And the problem is I will never know I fail till few days have passed.

 

I can say that I fail when they start hating each other and in some cases they end up killing themselves or kill each other.

 

Once I use my powers to a mortal their souls were marked. Means they will be my food till the day they died. Other guardians follows that rule except for one.

 

But it doesn't mean that they're already marked nobody could take them from me. A vampire might kill them. Once a vampire attack your soul would never taste good. It could make you sick. It's just like an expired food. Another reason that could lead me to losing my food it when a Guardian of death found them.

 

Guardian of death see when exactly someone will die and they're known for stealing someone's food. Since they know when exactly death will fall they usually caught them on time. They're the once who don't respect the rule.

 

Good thing no Guardians of Death exist now....coz if there is I will kill them myself.

 

I hate them.

 

They're the once who's supposed to be blamed and not my Mom.

 

"PARK HYOMIN! WHO GAVE YOU PERMISSION TO BRING ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGE IN SCHOOL?! AND ARE YOU DRUNK?!!"

 

I passed by one classroom and heard the teacher yelling.

 

"GET OUT!"

 

QRI'S POV

"...So class that's what my Grandma used to tell me when I was a little." My teacher said.

 

He was talking about vampires in class.

 

....Which I don't even understand why he's talking about that. He's supposed to teach Math and not vampires.

 

"So have you seen a vampire Sir?" One of my classma

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter