Chapter 7

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON'S POV

I just stand there by my Grandma's bed trying to suppress my tears but it just stubbornly continues to fall down my cheek.

 

 It's really hard to accept!

 

In my blurry vision due to crying I saw grandma trying to raise her hand to reach mine.

 

I hold her hand as she wished to.

 

"Why are you crying Jiyeon dear?"  She ask still with a very weak voice.

 

I close my eyes not wanting to see everything about her death but since I'm holding her hand I still could clearly see it.

 

"I see. I'm not like you but I can feel it too." She said and smile

 

"G-grandma. I'm not letting you die. I'm not sure if I could do it perfectly but I'm not going to allow your soul to leave your body" I said ready to change her fate.

 

"Give it up Jiyeon....I'm an old woman. I had live long enough to see and experience lots of things. If you didn't allow me die today someone else's soul would take my place. What if it's an innocent life? I don't think it's worth it to sacrifice them for an old woman like me. Just let me rest now dear" She said and give me a smile.

 

I clench my fist.

 

I'm not ready for this.

 

"But G-Grandma...." I said still trying to convince her.

 

I know I have the ability to talk and command souls but unfortunately I haven't tried doing it before for the reason that my knowledge about it is very limited. Actually, the only thing I know is that I have this ability.

 

Grandma squish my hand.

 

"It's ok. Don't worry about me....now listen. There's something I must show you before I go" She said.

 

Something she must show me?

 

Before I could say anything our surroundings suddenly lit up.

 

It's so bright that I was forced to close my eyes but I didn't let go of her hand.

 

"Open your eyes now Jiyeon"

 

I slowly open my eyes and saw a kid in front of me. About five I guess.

 

I look around. We're in a place with lots of people walking around.

 

The way people dressed were really different and kind of old fashioned. I mean like ancient...It's like I traveled back in time.

 

Where am I?

 

Where's grandma?

 

I look at the kid in front of me once again....then to our hands.

 

Eyy? I'm holding Grandma's hand earlier.

 

I look at the kids once again....carefully once again.

 

Pale skin...cold....fangs..

 

My eyes widen when realization hits me.

 

"EHH???!! GRANDMA?!" I ask in shock and a bit awkward of calling her Grandma at this situation.

 

"I take you back in time. It's one of my vampire abilities that I was only passed on to your older cousin" She said.

 

I look down. She's talking about Oppa. Qri's elder brother who died fighting Guardians.

 

"It's 200 000 years ago from where we came from." She said.

 

"WHAT?! 200 000 YEARS?!!" I said in shock.

 

Grandma just laugh at me.

 

Grandma is super old.

 

I know she's old but I never expect that she's more than 200 000 years old already.

 

"Don't be so surprised. How long will do you think it will take for a vampire to have wrinkles looking like an old hag just like my body from the present." She said.

 

Well she do have a point on that but I noticed that Grandma looks like Qri at this age.

 

"So why we're here Grandma? Does my mother lives in this timeline?" I ask.

 

"Not yet. Your mother wasn't born yet. Even her parents were not yet born for sure. I wish I could show you your mother but we don't have much time left. Traveling through time requires a lot of energy specially that I take you with me. My body in the present is weak." She explained.

 

"I understand. Please show me what is it then." I said.

 

Grandma snap her fingers and we were now in a different location.

 

We're inside a room with two bedrooms.

 

There are two girls by the window.

 

"Who are they?" I ask.

 

"They are the daughters of the Guardian Emperor" She said.

 

"Guardian Emperor? I thought Guardians only have the Council as the highest" I said.

 

"The council is only second highest. The emperor rules both Guardians and Vampires. It's not what I wanted to tell you." She said.

 

"About these girls?" I ask.

 

"Yes. The Emperor's twins. One is Zera a Guardian of Death like their mother" She said.

 

Zera tilted her head and I finally had a glance on her face.

 

My eyes widen.

 

"SHE'S ME!" I said realizing that Zera looks like me.

 

"No she's not you dear. You're two different person" Grandma said.

 

"Who's the other one?" I ask.

 

Grandma gave me a serious face.

 

What's that for?

 

"She's Fu. A Guardian of Love like the Emperor.....She's born without eyes" She explained.

 

"Without eyes? Does that mean she's blind?" I curiously ask but Grandma only shook her head.

 

To my surprise Fu turn around and there....I realize what Grandma is talking about.

 

She's not blind....she really just have no eyes.

 

"She have no eyes yet her senses were the best of all. Even better that Hunters" She said.

 

"What happen to her eyes?" I ask.

 

"Someone took it from her when she's still in her mother's womb. That's what I figured out.....In other words her twin sister took it from her." She said.

 

WHAT???!

 

"Zera took her eyes while they're still in their Mother's womb?" I ask and she nodded.

 

Grandma once again snap her finger and now we're here inside the palace.

 

Seems like Zera and Fu were having their lessons today.

 

"I heard our new teacher is a vampire who's just about our age." Fu said.

 

"Really? I want to go to a normal school" Zera whined.

 

Its awkward watching them talk.

 

It's like I'm watching myself doing stuffs.

 

"Mianhae Zera. Because of me you also can't go to a normal school" Fu sadly said.

 

Zera took her hand and smile at her.

 

"It's ok. Don't worry about it" Zera said and Fu smile at her.

 

"They both seem ok with each other" I said.

 

"Yes of course. They're really close and Zera love her sister whole heartedly that's why she can't leave her alone even though she could choose the other way around. Something has been awaken in Zera when they're still inside their mother but it never awakens again after she was born. " Grandma explain.

 

Hmm.

 

Then, suddenly a man walk into the room.

 

My mouth hang open.....

 

NO WAY ON EARTH THIS IS HAPPENING?!!!!

 

"Stupid Cupid is a vampire here?" I said still in state of shock.

 

"I don't know who is that person you're talking about but that vampire boy is Shin."  Grandma said.

 

Shin...

 

I never expect that stupid cupid is also here in this timeline.

 

"He will be the root of conflict between the siblings" Grandma said.

 

We watch Shin teach the Princesses till it's over.

 

Heol. The whole lesson thing is boring.

 

"Fu. I want him to be my husband" Zera suddenly said excitedly to her sister which made my jaw drop.

 

I can't believe it!

 

Someone who looks like me fall in love with someone who looks like the Stupid Cupid!

 

THIS IS NOT HAPPENING FOR REAL!!!

 

"Zera. Our mother won't allow me to use my powers and if she found out that we use my powers to Shin to make him marry you she will get mad" Fu said

 

"Please help me. She would never know if you won't tell her....This is the only time I ask you a favor. Please Fu..." Zera said more like luring her sister into guilt.

 

That's troublesome.

 

Fu agrees to Zera eventually and promise to use her powers on Shin whenever she get a chance.

 

"Days and weeks have passed but still Fu can't manage to do what her sister wants. It's not because she didn't get a chance but she's afraid about their parents figuring out. She's afraid about what will her parents do to Zera if they got caught. Unfortunately, Zera don't understand it. She grew impatient and begin to feel hatred to her sister" Grandma explained and snap her fingers once again.

 

This time the setting is in a palace dining room.

 

"Shin ask you out for the feast tonight Fu and I allow him. You should go and have fun for once"  The emperor said which surprised the twins.

 

The images I starts blurring and I can't hear and them anymore.

 

"Grandma? What's going on?" I ask.

 

"Sorry....Let me rest a little bit. My real body is weak and this body that I'm in now doesn't have this kind of ability yet. Believe it or not I still can't shape-shift at this young age." She said and laughs a bit.

 

I touch her shoulder and just as expected....

 

She's pushing herself to her limit by showing me this.

 

"Grandma just tell me the story. Let's get out here" I said.

 

"No. There is something you must see and this will be the last time I'll be doing this so just let me" She insisted.

 

The images finally disappeared and now we just seem to be lurking somewhere where all I could see is white.

 

Grandma sit on the floor.

 

"So tell me. Did Fu agreed to go out with Shin?" I ask while she's resting.

 

"Yes. Zera excused herself and go to their room while Fu tries to convince her father that she can't go out with Shin but both her parents want her to go and try to experience a normal life. It is against her will but she needs to obey her parents. That's the time Fu came up with a plan to make it up to her sister but unfortunately Zera refused to talk to her" Grandma said.

 

"What was Fu's plan supposed to be?" I ask.

 

"Fu was planning to go out with Shin and use her powers to make Shin love Zera......but that still fails to happen" Grandma said.

 

"Huh? Why? Is that because Zera didn't talk to her anymore?" I ask

 

"No....It was because Shin knew right from the start that she was planning to do it. Shin manage to stop her from doing that on the feast. He convinced Fu to try having fun with him in the occasion....Fu seems to enjoy it and totally forgot about her plans. They didn't know that someone is watching them right from the start." Grandma said and suddenly images started to form around us again.

 

I could see Fu dance with Shin under the moonlight.

 

I could see that Shin really loves Fu and Fu is wearing a bright smile on her face.

 

"Zera is over there" Grandma said pointing on the roof.

 

I jump on up on the roof to see her closer.

 

Zera was wearing a dark cloak and wearing an expressionless face staring at her sister dancing with the man she love.

 

"Seems like your sister is your greatest rival this time"

 

A girl arrive on top of the roof.

 

"That's why you should've take my advice. You should've just erase your sister in this world. She's not destined to be your loving twin sister. She's born to give you a hard time by being your rival at everything. First to the love of your parents, and now man you love and she will definitely be your rival on the throne too" Another gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter