Chapter 23

Ms. Matchmaker's Perfect Match
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JIYEON'S POV

I didn't go back to our classroom.

 

I run out of the building to chase the new professor but when I found her she's already inside the registrar's office.

 

I'm five minutes late for class and I'm much interested to know the new professor so I decided to wait for her till she come out of the office.

 

I lean on wall outside and look at the small card I pick up.

 

Hmm.

 

Maybe she came from other country and this is one of her IDs from that country.

 

But what country have a writings like this?

 

And it seems like the name Savannah doesn't have an equivalent spelling on this writing system.

 

I get my phone and decided to search for any country that has similar writings as this but unfortunately, I found none.

 

I just stand there waiting for her to come out.

 

And while I was waiting I ask myself.

 

Why I'm so curious about her?

 

So what if she's Savannah?

 

It has been confirmed that IU is her daughter coz she was Eunjung's perfect match.

 

Maybe Grandma is wrong about my real Mom. It's not Savannah. It's some ordinary Guardian of Death like me.

 

What if I'm not really her granddaughter like what she said?

 

What if it was just a big mistake that my father thinks I'm his daughter and take me to his family?

 

What if the family I know isn't really related to me?

 

Who am I now?

 

**door opens**

 

"Thank you Miss"

 

My thoughts were interrupted when the one I'm waiting for finally come out.

 

She saw me and was surprise to see me.

 

"Miss Savannah you drop this" I said and handed the card to her.

 

"Oh thank you. I didn't notice earlier." She said and immediately get the card to me and keep it.

 

Hmm..

 

Must've been something really important.

 

"You should've just left it to the guard and go to your class. You're already late" She said.

 

"Uhm...I just suddenly get curious....Your name is familiar to me and it's the first time I saw that kind of writing in your card. Which country were you from?...uhm if you don't mind me asking." I ask politely as possible.

 

She started walking away from the Registrar's Office so I followed.

 

"You're quite a curious kid. What's your name?" She ask.

 

"Jiyeon....Park Jiyeon" I said.

 

"Jiyeon..." She said and smile...

 

...a sad smile.

 

Well, that's how I can describe it.

 

"Someone very close to my heart have the same name as yours" She said.

 

Huh?

 

It seems like she's suddenly turning a little bit emotional.

 

"A-are you ok Miss?" I worriedly ask.

 

I think she's about to cry.

 

"Yeah....So you're curious about the card" She said and I just nodded.

 

"Are you willing to give your life to know what's this card is all about?" She ask which totally gives me a shock.

 

"Information about that card would amount to my l-life?" I ask hoping she was joking though she doesn't look like she is.

 

But she suddenly laugh...

 

"I'm just kidding about that but Jiyeon....it's better for you not to ask about the card. Just forget about it. That's for your own good" She said.

 

"For my own good?" I curiously ask

 

"Yes. There are things humans should not meddle with" She said.

 

Humans?

 

With her saying that I just choose to stop asking question.

 

There's nothing so different about her but she talks like she's someone different like us.

 

"You should go back to your classroom now. Be a good student and don't ditch classes." She said.

 

Heol

 

"Fu!"

 

That voice again....

 

I look around searching for it but instead of finding where the voice is coming from my eyes caught Eunjung who sits near the window.

 

She's talking to a girl sitting behind her and I don't have to name that girl.

 

I should be happy that she finally found a friend that belongs to her class but I find it hard to do at this moment.

 

I don't feel like she's befriending the right person.

 

"Do you know that girl?" Miss Savannah ask.

 

I almost forget about her because of Eunjung.

 

"Uhm. She's a friend of mine and a neighbor too" I said.

 

"You seem angry while looking at her" She said.

 

"I'm not. I just don't get her. She holds my hand. Hug me and even kiss me. Then suddenly she just ignored me. It's annoying!" I said stomping my feet but Miss Savannah just laugh at me.

 

What's so funny about it?

 

"Are you annoyed with her coz she holds your hand, hugs you and kiss you? Or is it because she's ignoring you?" She ask which made me think.

 

Hmm.

 

"You like her more than a friend don't you?" She said.

 

L-like her more than a friend?!

 

"Hell no!" I said but just like earlier she just laugh at me.

 

"You don't have to admit it to me. But you have to admit it to yourself or else it will just make things more confusing and harder for you....I have to go now. You should really go back to your classroom." She said and leave me standing here dumbfounded.

 

Admit to myself?

 

The heck admit what?!

 

That I l-like Eunjung?....wait...Do even I feel something like that towards her?

 

**ruffles hair**

 

"Who is that woman you're talking to?"

 

"LEE JIHYUN!" I yelled at her because I got startled.

 

"Don't just pop beside me like that! You're gonna give me a heart attack" I said.

 

"I didn't pop. I walk towards here" She said.

 

"Yeah. The question is how fast can you walk?" I said and rolled my eyes on her.

 

"So who's that woman?" She ask.

 

"A new professor. She drops her id so I return it to her" I said.

 

I look at Qri and it seems like she's not really interested to know the new professor.

 

I do feel like there's something else that she wanted to say.

 

"What is it?" I ask.

 

"It will be better if you won't visit the village for a while." She said.

 

"I know. I saw Hongbin earlier." I said.

 

"Be careful when you're around him. His family is well known for killing thousands of Guardians in the previous war. Their hate towards Guardians were just like my father's. I don't want you to get hurt" She said and I just nodded.

 

"Qri....what if we're not really cousins?" I ask.

 

Coz there's a huge possibility that we're really not.

 

"Why are you asking me questions like that again? Is there something wrong?" She ask.

 

I sighed

 

"Grandma use to tell me before that my Mom is Savannah. She didn't give me Mom's name but she did told me....certainly that my Mom is the traitor. She said that's according to my Dad. Lately, I found out that Eunjung's perfect match is Savannah's daughter and Eunjung confirmed it to me that IU is her perfect match...Not me. So I've been thinking maybe Dad mistook me as his daughter" I said.

 

Qri didn't say anything for a moment.

 

"Well, for me whatever the truth is you're always be like a sister to me. Nothing can change that. We're family. But I guess it bothers you so much that you're not Eunjung's perfect match" She said.

 

It's true somehow.

 

It's frustrating at some point.

 

"No I'm not. I will still be here and help her as a part of the Royal Clan" I said and look away.

 

I know it's easier said than done but I think it's what I'm meant to do.

 

Maybe Fu give me a mission to find Zera so I could help Eunjung and her perfect match in whatever their mission will be.

 

It's not exactly what I want that's why I feel frustrated. I wanna fight with her. I wanna be by her side all the time but I wasn't meant to do those things.

 

"Why are you crying then, if it doesn't bother you at all?" Qri ask.

 

I wipe my tears and compose myself.

 

"Is there anything I could do to help in the war?" I ask changing the topic.

 

"Mom won't let you be in the battlefield. It's too risky." She said.

 

BORAM'S POV

Arggh!

 

How could you do this to me Park Soyeon?!

 

Her suggestion about marriage is just stuck in my head.

 

"Ms. Jeon is there something you want to share in class?" Our teacher called me out for not paying attention.

 

"Nothing Sir. I'm sorry" I said apologizing and make sure that I won't look like I'm lost in my thoughts again.

 

Her suggestion might be a good idea. After all I'm my parent's only child.

 

They do love me because I'm their daughter right?

 

That might actually work but what will happen after that?

 

I have to live with Soyeon as her....

 

..w-...wife **blush**

 

OMG! WHY AM I FEELING THIS WAY?!

 

Because of the intense emotion I feel. Whatever is that emotion.

 

I accidentally blow my wind hard inside our classroom making the papers and all the light materials inside scattered everywhere.

 

Oppss...even out teacher's fake hair. What do they call that thing?

 

Ah his wig.

 

Too unfortunate for him it got blown outside the window

 

My classmates where giggling secretly.

 

Our teacher looks embarrass but he's the teacher. He needs to show authority.

 

"See class? That's the result of global warming. Climate Change" He said which is the thing that I find funny.

 

Don't blame climate change. The wind comes from me and blame Park Soyeon for that.

 

LUNCH BREAK

My classmates all go outside to take their lunch while I'm still here inside the classroom thinking.

 

What's the right thing to do for the war to stop?

 

I'm not very comfortable with what Soyeon suggested me to do.

 

My parents' decisions are wrong. It's their fault why I'm in this kind of situation right now.

 

**knocks**

 

I turn to look at the door and found Soyeon standing there.

 

"I ask Hyomin to find you and she's right. You are still here"  She said and sit on the vacant chair beside me.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter