No Signs

Take Care of My Girlfriend

Dear readers! So sorry for the late update, I've been pretty busy! And I will be going overseas in about a few days! So this update will probably be my last before I fly off! So please bear with me for the next week or so! It'll take me more than a week this time round for me to update the next chapter! I hope you all stay patient!!! AND I WILL BE BACK AFTER I RETURN FROM MY TRIP! EVERYBODY TAKE CARE :)

I was deeply confused by what happened. What did I do? I had actually let Donghae kiss me when I just lost Hyukjae oppa hours ago. I couldn’t really blame it on my drunken state since I was fairly aware of what I was doing.

For a moment, you craved for someone to love you, didn’t you? You wish you could be loved by someone without any heartache, didn’t you? You got carried away because you thought Donghae could take away all your heartache and your loneliness.

But that was no excuse. It seemed like I was cheating on Hyukjae oppa though we had nothing more to do with each other. But I shouldn’t be feeling guilty right? I am a single woman now and I am free to do whatever I want, isn’t it? I sighed. I don’t know what to make out of it. But at that critical moment, my heart had actually wavered when Donghae confessed. Have I fallen in love with him when we were staying together? Was I long tired of waiting around for Hyukjae oppa that my feelings were wavering already? Or is it because he was showing me affection that I haven’t seen in awhile?

 At 5.30am, I managed to escape Soobin’s apartment and walked around again. I just carried on walking, trying to come to terms of what was going on when I heard a commotion. Curious, I crossed the street to see what was going on. There was a car that had stopped moving and it seemed as if the driver had fallen asleep at the wheel. But the car wasn’t supposed to be there. It was stopping at a traffic light. Fortunately, there wasn’t any traffic, just on-lookers who crowded round the car to look. When I neared the car, I found it rather familiar. So, I took a glimpse of the car plate number and my whole body went stiff momentarily. I pushed through the people who were crowded round the car and opened the door to the driver’s side. His head was on the steering wheel and I pulled him back so that his back was on the seat.

“Hyukjae…wake up!”I shook him a little.

“Hey, even the name sounds familiar as well,”someone near me commented.

“Is he a celebrity?”another piped up.

“No. That Lee Hyukjae on television isn’t even half as good looking as this one,”the first person replied.

“They just happen to have the same name,”another person on my right agreed.

“Then, who is he? Everyone seemed to have seen him before,”an old lady spoke up.

“Hyukjae…,”I shook him even harder to try and wake him up before everyone figured out who he was.

But he was fast asleep with his cheeks all red. I sighed. He was forever creating problems and lucky enough that I was the one at the receiving end. It was as if I was at his mercy.

“Sorry, could you help me lift him to the back seat?”I asked a man nearby.

“You know this guy?”he asked.

“Yes,”I simply answered as I made way for him to lift Hyukjae.

With his help, we managed to get Hyukjae into the backseat where he slept soundly. I thanked him profusely before I got into the driver’s seat. I started the engine and was able to drive him back to his place with not much difficulty. After I parked at his designated spot at his apartment, I got out finding my car just next to his. It was as if nothing had changed on his side. I sighed a little as I thought of how I was supposed to get him back on his bed. And I trembled a little, thinking of the incident where he had been drunk and gotten me pregnant.

“Hyukjae,”I tried again to wake him up.

But there was no answer and I tried to drag him out. Thankfully, he was a little cooperative and managed to get out of the car. But he was still leaning on me, as we slowly made our way up. When we reached his front door, I was panting a little whereas he was still off in dreamland. When faced with the security pass for his door, I thought of typing in the code for his house but I wanted to know one thing. I placed my finger for it to scan my fingerprint.

“Click,”

It was soft but I heard it. The door actually unlocked. He didn’t erase my record from the system.

“You idiot,”I mumbled as I pushed opened the door to the place I called home last time.

I switched on the lights so I wouldn’t fall and looked around a little. Everything was still the same. The photographs of us, lining the wall, was still there. I pushed the door to his bedroom opened and let him fall on his bed slowly. I looked around for the remote control for the air-conditioner but when I was about to leave, I saw that the bed was still for two people. My pillow was still there. Even the skincare products on the dressing table was intact. Nothing was removed.

While waiting for the air-conditioner to cool the room, Hyukjae oppa, in his drunken state, got impatient with the heat and began undoing the buttons on his navy blazer he was wearing over his shirt. Seeing as how he was fumbling with it and getting frustrated, I hurriedly went over to help but he grabbed my wrist. His eyes were still closed and I began to wonder if he was just acting drunk to get me to come home with him. Hyukjae oppa opened his eyes and it was evident that he drank. His eyes were watery and the sides of it were red.  He stared at me.

“Don’t touch me,”he hissed.

My heart started palpitating. What did I do now?! Why was he being angry all of a sudden? Aish, if I had known, I shouldn’t have brought him home!

“I have a girlfriend and she would be unhappy if she sees you doing this to me. You better get out before she comes home. I’m good on my own,”he blabbered as I let go.

“You fool,”I muttered under my breath as I watched him undo the buttons by himself.

After he was done, he threw it onto the floor. I was about to pick it up when he yelled at me. I jumped in shock and turned around to look at him.

“I said I’m good on my own. The ahjumma can pick that up. Hurry and go off before Haemin comes home! Thanks for helping me back from the bar though. But I’m not an easy guy even after I drink too much. I would never be unfaithful to my girlfriend,”he mumbled.

I didn’t know what to make out of what he said. He had thought I was a girl from the bar he went to. People always say that drunkards speak the truth so what he said must have come from his heart, right? He still loves me? And what did I just do earlier on? I had just cheated on him. He would never forgive me if he found out. My thoughts were interrupted by the door to the apartment opening again and I went out to see who was that but I knew before I even met her.

“Haemin?!”her eyes widened when she saw me.

“Ahjumma,”I smiled.

“Aigoo, you’re back?”she hurriedly placed the groceries she bought on the coffee table before coming over to take a closer look at me.

She touched my cheeks and surveyed my features.

“Oh my, you have slimmed down. How have you been? Hyukjae and I missed you terribly,”she smiled softly as tears hovered on her eyelids.

“I’ve been doing well, ahjumma. How about you?”I asked.

“I’ve been well, of course. But I get lonely here cause you aren’t here anymore. Come, sit down, aigoo, look at you,”she sat me down on the sofa as she continued looking at me.

We sat down and I took the opportunity to look around as well. Everything was so familiar and I felt as if I was having a déjà vu.

“Did you and Hyukjae argue again? He’s been looking so terrible. I come in here and smell alcohol on him for the past few days,”she looked at the bedroom as she spoke.

That surprised me as Hyukjae avoids alcohol as much as he can and only drinks when it came to business meetings.

“Actually, we broke up,”I mumbled.

“WHAT? Haemin ah, what happened? You all can talk things through. Don’t act so irrationally!”she had became so agitated.

“Things should be better like these,”I nodded my head.

But I felt a tug at my heart when I said that.

“You mean, you were the one who initiated it?”she asked, surprised.

I nodded my head.

“I already told that rascal to make time for you. He didn’t, right?! That rascal ought to die. I better give him a good beating,”the ahjumma stood up, all ready to charge into his bedroom.

“Ahjumma! Let him be. I think he’s learnt his lesson and won’t ever do that again,”I tried to calm her down.

“He better not. He already let such a good girl go. But is there really no way for you all to get back together?”she asked.

“I don’t know about that. I’m still trying to come to terms with our break up as well,”I replied.

“But if you two have broken up, what are you doing here?”she asked.

“I found him on the road. He fell asleep while driving, that idiot. He could have gotten himself killed,”I shook my head.

“You still care about him, don’t you?”she asked with eyes full of hope.

I avoided eye contact with her and looked around the living room again to avoid answering her question. She nodded her head before smiling.

“Stay for breakfast, Haemin ah. I’ll cook your favourite,”she smiled such an angelic smile.

“I would love to. I’ve missed your cooking,”I smiled back.

“Why don’t you sleep a little in your original bedroom? You look tired,”she gestured towards my old bedroom.

“It’s okay. I’ll watch television,”I looked around for the remote control.

“Okay. Breakfast will be ready shortly!”she patted my head before going to the kitchen.

I sat watching television programmes at a low volume to avoid waking Hyukjae up while I waited for the ahjumma to finish preparing breakfast. Once she was done, we settled down and was about to eat when we all heard the bedroom door open and a groan escaping from the owner’s mouth. He yawned a little before massaging his temples. Once he opened his eyes, he just stared at me, frozen in place. He blinked once, twice and trice.

“Haemin?”he wanted to confirm.

“Yes, she’s here. You rascal, how dare you neglect her,”the ahjumma stood up to scold him.

“No, no, it’s okay. It’s all over already. Have your breakfast,”I hurriedly went over to calm her down.

“You better win her back or I’ll give you hell by quitting, you hear me?”the ahjumma glared at him a little before going off to sit at the dining table once again.

“Sorry about that. She’s still a little agitated from the news of our break up,”I explained.

He merely shook his head, dismissing the matter.

“You feeling alright? Or are you having a hangover?”I asked.

“I’m feeling terrible…,”he admitted.

“Oh, right! I forgot that I’ve something on. I need to go now but Hyukjae needs someone here to look after him. He looks sick. Oh dear. Haemin! Can you take care of him for me? I really need to go,”the ahjumma hurriedly stood up to pack her bag in a hurry.

“Sure, go ahead,”I replied in defeat.

“Thank you so much, darling! Take care and I’ll see you again soon,”she patted my hand before rushing out the front door.

 “So, erm, take a seat. I’ll just…see what I can do for you…,”I gestured towards the dining table.

He dragged himself there and settled down with a groan.

“Why did you even drink so much, seriously?”I shook my head as I rummaged through the medicine cabinet.

“You know the reason why,”he simply answered as I brought the medicine and a glass of water over.

“Is it even worth it to torture yourself like this?”I shoved the glass in his face.

“This little headache can’t even be compared to the pain felt here,”he jabbed his heart before taking the glass from my hand.

“Stupid,”was all I could say as I went to get a bowl of rice for him.

You don’t even know what I just did. I sighed inwardly.

“Only for you,”he put the glass down.

I placed the bowl of rice in front of him and sat down across from him.

“I don’t even feel like eating,”he mumbled.

“You have to,”I insisted while I put some vegetables on his bowl.

Hyukjae let out a sigh before he forced it down his throat. I started eating as well and all that could be heard in that luxurious apartment was our chopsticks clinking on our bowls.

“Here, let me,”I reached for his bowl.

We were both done and he had stood up, wanting to put his bowl into the dishwasher. Without waiting for him to answer, I grabbed it from him and loaded the dishwasher.

“I wonder what plans she has on a Saturday. I thought she usually just head home to take care of her grandchildren,”Hyukjae wondered as I started the dishwasher.

“Can’t you tell that she wants me to stay here with you?”I answered as I began wiping the table.

“Then, will you stay with me the whole day?”he asked.

“I have to. I promised her and I don’t want to break my promise,”I replied.

“You make it seem as if you were forced to. I can take care of myself and you can go home,”Hyukjae said with much annoyance in his tone.

“I will stay and take care of you because you are my responsibility now,”I retaliated in an equally annoyed tone.

“Suit yourself,”I couldn’t help but imagine a grin on his face as he sat down on the sofa in the living room.

I heard the television being switched on as I began drying the dishes. Just as I was about to put the last dish back into the cabinet, I felt his hands on my shoulder, giving me a massage.

“What are you doing?”I quickly turned around.

“Giving you a massage? You always do that to me after a hard day at work,”he raised an eyebrow.

“Don’t touch me again,”I ordered before walking away.

But he grabbed my wrist to pull me back.

“I said, don’t touch…,”but he cut me off.

“Let’s go on a date today. I promised to bring you out months ago. Let me fulfill that promise,”Hyukjae spoke softly.

“Save it, Hyukjae. I don’t need a date with you anymore,”I tried to release my hand but he held onto it tighter.

“You’ve never called me Hyukjae before. Do me a favor and stop it before it becomes a habit. You’re the only one allowed to call me oppa and I feel weird if you call me by my name,”he came to stand before me.

I stayed silent. It felt weird to me as well. In all my years knowing him, I had always addressed him as Hyukjae oppa unless we were arguing.

“Fine then. I’ll compromise on that,”I agreed.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel