A New Chapter

Take Care of My Girlfriend

Hello everyone!!!! I'm finally back with a new update!!! I'm so sorry for the delay! Been really busy with my stuff in school and everything! Hope you all have been doing well during this period!!!! Anyway, I'll update again when I have time on my hands! PLEASE BEAR WITH ME!!!!!! 

“Wake up…,”

I moved away from the voice.

“I said, wake up…,”

The voice came nearer to my ears. Getting irritated, I used my hands to swat it away like a fly. My hand landed on a smooth surface and I heard a loud smack before a manly groan was heard. Instantly, I opened my eyes wide and turned around to see Hyukjae oppa with one hand on his cheek, the part where I had smacked in my sleep.

“Oh my god, I’m so sorry! Are you okay?”I shifted closer to look at the damage.

“If you really hate me that much, you could have said so earlier. You don’t have to go through the trouble of coming home with me and smacking me early in the morning,”Hyukjae oppa rolled his eyes.

“I’m sorry! Are you alright?”I used my thumb to soothe over the red mark on his left cheek.

“Give me a kiss and I’ll be fine,”Hyukjae oppa propped up his elbow, resting his head on his palm to bring his face closer to mine.

“Aish, what’s with you?”I frowned.

“Hey, you’re the one in the wrong right now. So you better do what I tell you to do or you’ll never be forgiven,”he replied.

“Fine fine,”

I leaned in to give him a quick peck on his cheek.

“Better now?”I grinned.

The corner of his lips lifted up and he reached out to grab the back of my neck, pushing me closer. Landing my lips on his, his devilish smile got even wider.

“Didn’t I teach you what a kiss is long ago?”he asked with our lips together.

I could only giggle at his statement.

“You rascal, aren’t you going to…OMONA!”

Recognising the ahjumma’s voice, I pushed Hyukjae oppa away and sat up. Shocked at having been caught kissing with Hyukjae oppa, I didn’t know what to say but was left staring at her while my heart was still racing. She stared back at me, blinking a few times before heaving a sigh of relief.

“Ah, I was about to flare up, thinking if Hyukjae brought a random girl home. I must have gone crazy to think that’ll happen. Carry on. Breakfast can wait,”the ahjumma chuckled as she closed the door.

Hyukjae oppa slowly sat up and I turned to glare at him. Seeing me glare at him, he flinched.

“What?”he asked.

“Do you bring girls back home often? Do they sleep here, huh?”I questioned, squinting my eyes a little.

“What are you talking about?”he exclaimed.

“Then, why did the ahjumma thought you brought a girl home?”I asked.

“Are you jealous?”Hyukjae oppa teased.

I glared at him one last time and flung the blanket off me to get out of bed. I went to wash up and all the while, Hyukjae oppa tried to get my attention by making weird faces into the mirror. I concentrated hard on brushing my teeth and ignored him. I walked out of the bedroom but not for long as I felt myself being lifted off the ground. I let out a yelp as I realised that Hyukjae oppa’s arm was on my waist and that he was holding me really closely to him with my back on his chest.

“Let me go!”I smacked his arm.

“No way,”he proceeded to blow into my ears, causing me to laugh.

“Stop it,”I wriggled, laughing even louder.

“I will once you stop being angry,”he began tickling me.

“Okay, okay! I’m not angry anymore,”I gave up.

“Really?”he stopped to make sure.

“Yes, yes,”I nodded, still panting.

“Just to let you know, I have never brought any girls back home. You can check the surveillance camera right outside the front door if you want. The only girl I bring home is you,”Hyukjae oppa moved my fringe away to look into my eyes.

I raised my eyebrow and he followed suit.

“Why? You don’t believe me?”he grinned his gummy smile.

“Oh, I believe you,”I replied sarcastically.

Without warning, he continued tickling me, making me laugh once again. At that moment, the ahjumma walked out of the kitchen with a steaming bowl of kimchi soup. She turned to see me being carried by Hyukjae oppa.

“Yah, yah, let go,”I stopped laughing to smack his arm.

The ahjumma wouldn’t stop chuckling and I felt heat creep up our cheek.

“Let go!”I hissed as I turned my head to look at him.

He finally let me go, dropping me lightly on my feet. I cleared my throat and adjusted my shirt.

“Good morning, Haemin. It’s so nice to hear your laughter early in the morning,”the ahjumma winked.

She walked back to the kitchen, leaving me alone with Hyukjae oppa. I covered my face in embarrassment before elbowing him as I sat down at the dining table. The three of us ate breakfast together, not without the ahjumma gushing over how glad she was that I was finally back home. Thinking about what happened the whole morning, I really wished to bury myself underground.  At that point of time, my phone rang. Thankful that I could escape the awkward breakfast, I put my chopsticks down and rushed into the bedroom to get it.

“Hello?”I answered.

“Hey, you must be have had a good time eh? You didn’t even come home,”Donghae chuckled over the other side.

“Thank you, Donghae for your help. You really are a nice guy. I’m so sorry…,”but he cut me off.

“Enough with all the formalities. Didn’t Hyukjae tell you that my feelings for you weren’t love?”he asked.

“He did…,”I nodded my head.

“So, stop feeling bad. Anyway, I’m calling to say that I’m taking the 12pm train back home,”he said all of a sudden.

“WHAT?!”I blurted.

“I know it’s sudden but…I’ve been away for too long,”he replied in an apologetically manner.

The door to the bedroom creaked and I turned to find Hyukjae oppa’s head with a frown on his face, asking if I’m alright. I nodded but it seemed it wasn’t very convincing so he walked in with a worried expression painted on his face.

“I guess I was too carried away with my so-called feelings for you back then. Although following you back was part of the plan, I didn’t expect myself to have stayed so long. Sungmin and Taeyeon must be worried,”he sighed.

“What happened?”Hyukjae oppa whispered.

“Ask Donghae not to leave,”I pushed the phone to him.

“He’s leaving?!”he exclaimed.

Immediately, he took my phone.

“Yah, why are you leaving?”he was almost shouting into the phone.

Hyukjae oppa opened his mouth and then closed it, still unhappy about his decision. I was practically hopping around, worried about what was going to happen. What will happen to Soobin after he leaves? That girl hasn’t got a chance to confess to him. She’ll probably go crazy, missing him.

“Fine. See you,”was all Hyukjae oppa said before he hung up.

“What now?”I asked.

“He bought the ticket. He won’t waste it,”he sighed.

“Poor Soobin,”I sighed as well.

“Soobin?”he raised an eyebrow.

“Soobin likes him. After he leaves, what’s going to happen to her?”I muttered.

“Let’s just see what happens at the train station. That stupid Donghae. Coming and going like he’s the wind. Does he even know how much damage he has caused by just coming to the city? How could he just leave after I let my guard down and confided in him last night?”Hyukjae oppa hissed.

“Hyukjae oppa, you need to stop him…,”I pleaded.

“I can try but that guy can’t really stay. He can’t possibly live alone with a girl in her apartment, anyway. What would Soobin’s parents think if they found out?”he answered.

“He can stay with us,”I suggested.

“We are a couple, Haemin ah. He wouldn’t want to stay with us. We need to remember that he has a life back at his town. He has a childcare centre and a house to take care of,”he shook his head.

I thought of how Donghae was being just like me months ago. I had appeared at his town one day and left all of a sudden as well. If I was allowed to do that, why wasn’t Donghae then? I guess it’s impossible to stop him. There’s nothing holding him here whereas he has tons of things to handle back home.

“That Lee Donghae. He shouldn’t have moved years ago,”Hyukjae oppa closed his eyes tight while massaging his temple.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel