Planning

Take Care of My Girlfriend

 

“You want to what?!”Donghae exclaimed into my face.

“You heard me,”I replied.

“How are you going to get there? It’s dangerous, travelling around in your state,”Donghae looked horrified.

The day after my check-up, I sat Donghae down and told him that my 22nd birthday was coming and I wanted to go back to the city to celebrate it with Hyukjae oppa the following weekend.

“I’ll be fine! Besides, the doctor says I got to exercise a little,”I smiled.

“Why can’t you just get Hyukjae to come here?”he asked, bewildered.

“He’s busy with his work. Since I’m so free, shouldn’t I be the one going over?”I simply answered.

He stared at me for a moment before he closed his eyes to calm himself down.

“But you know how busy he is. He might not even have time to celebrate it with you even if you did travel three hours just to get back,”he looked at me while talking in a firm tone.

“I will tell him today! He will have one whole week to plan his Saturday to accommodate me,”I replied in an equally firm tone.

“Don’t say I didn’t warn you, Haemin. You might be disappointed…,”Donghae mumbled.

“I will not. I believe in Hyukjae oppa,”I crossed my arms.

“Okay, okay. But you still can’t travel alone. You’re pregnant. God knows what will happen to you if you fall,”Donghae frowned.

“Why can’t you just let me go?!”I asked, frustrated.

“I didn’t say you can’t travel. I just said you are not going back alone!”Donghae smacked his forehead.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY I’M NOT GOING ALONE?! THEN WHO’S GOING WITH ME?!”I shouted.

“ME, OBVIOUSLY!”Donghae shouted back.

I froze, not knowing what else to say.

“Oh god, I’m so sorry. I shouldn’t have made you shout. Please calm down. It’s not good for the baby. I promise Hyukjae that I’ll take good care of you and the baby. If anything happens while you’re on your way to the city alone, I won’t be able to forgive myself,”Donghae looked away in guilt.

I looked down at the floor, in shame. I went up to him and tapped him on his shoulder. He turned around and looked at me with eyes filled with tears.

“OH MY GOD! DON’T CRY!”I quickly shook my hands in front of me.

“I’m so sorry. I’ve always been emotional,”Donghae looked up at the ceiling and blinked a dozen times.

“Alright, alright. Then, it’s settled, right? You’ll go with me?”I asked softly.

“Yes,”Donghae nodded.

“Sorry about the fight earlier. I was just too agitated,”I bowed.

“Nah, I should have handled it better. Why don’t you go and rest for awhile? I think your anger may have startled the baby,”Donghae scratched the back of his head.

“But I need to call Hyukjae oppa and book the train tickets,”I said.

“I’ll help you book the tickets. Just call Hyukjae and rest afterwards,”he smiled.

“Thank you so much! And don’t worry about the accommodation. Hyukjae oppa’s apartment has a room for you,”I smiled back before going off to my room.

I took out my phone and began dialing Hyukjae oppa’s mobile phone number since he would be home, most probably doing some work. As I waited for him to pick up, I smiled, thinking about my celebration with him.

“Hello?”he answered.

“HYUKJAE OPPA!”I exclaimed as I sat up on the bed.

“Yes?”he chuckled.

“It’s been a long time since we last went on a date, right?”I giggled.

“Ahhh, yes. Why? Do you want to go on one?”he asked.

“Yes. Next Saturday! Let’s go watch a movie and spend some time together!”I suggested.

“Haemin ah…I may not have time to travel to and fro,”he sighed.

“It’s okay! I’ll go to the city to look for you! We’ll spend the weekend together!”I smiled.

“What?! You want to travel here by train?”he exclaimed.

“Yes. But don’t worry, Donghae will accompany me!”I hurriedly explained.

“Ohhhhhh…,”he calmed down.

“So, Hyukjae oppa, is the plan confirmed? Donghae is going to book the tickets now. Besides, I really want to spend some time with you on my birthday,”I pouted.

“Your birthday? Oh! Right! I was supposed to get your present. Sorry, sorry. It’s just that I’m really busy. Yes, it’s confirmed. Be careful on your way here, alright,”he said.

Pfft, Lee Hyukjae can’t even remember your birthday.

And my heart sank a little but I tried my best to sound happy so that he wouldn’t know how disappointed I was in him.

“Yes, don’t worry, oppa! And you don’t need to come and visit me this week! Just finish as much work as possible so you won’t have to worry when we go on a date,”I chirped.

“Alright. I gotta go now. See you next Saturday, my dear,”he said.

“Bye! Take care and I love you!”I declared before hanging up.

I decided to take a nap since I was rather tired after shouting at Donghae. The next thing I knew, I smelled kimchi soup. I awoke to find a figure next to me. We locked eyes and I sat up immediately.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to scare you. I just brought kimchi soup and rice in. I wanted to wake you up after putting it down,”Donghae apologized.

“Oh, it’s okay. It’s dinner time now?”I asked as I moved towards the rice and soup.

“It’s actually 8pm. And I was worried that you wouldn’t wake up to eat dinner. Your stomach can’t be empty. That’s what the doctor said,”Donghae nodded his head.

“Oh. How’s the train ticket going about?”I asked as I started to eat.

“I booked it for 10am on Saturday. So, we’ll reach the city in about one and a half hours. We’ll reach there just in time for you and Hyukjae to have lunch together,”he grinned.

I glanced a little at him and put my spoon down.

“Erm, Donghae…,”I started, embarrassed.

“Yes?”he looked at me with those innocent eyes.

“Erm, do you have any…friends…that you want to meet up…with…when we’re in the city?”I stuttered.

I looked at him, hoping that he would say yes while he stared at me before nodding his head with a smile.

“I know what you’re trying to hint. I won’t be a third party on your date with Hyukjae. You two need some time alone! I’ll just go around, shopping and doing some things,”Donghae smiled.

“Sorry, and thank you!”I smiled back.

“Hey, what are friends for!”Donghae winked.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel