I Miss You

Take Care of My Girlfriend

 

Hello everybody, just a quick note! School has started for me and this is actually my final semester so my workload is naturally heavier! I hope you all will be patient with me because this semester is very crucial for me. Please bear with my slow updates! I'll make sure I update as much as I can! :) THANK YOU!
 
The chauffeur drove us to a famous shopping centre and we began shopping. Though I wasn’t that enthusiastic as compared to my friends who were totally excited. We went into a few shops and they bought something from each one. Seeing as I didn’t buy anything, Taeri encouraged me to buy something. I finally did buy a pair of shoes, two hours into shopping. I was quite surprised that Donghae didn’t even complain nor let out a word of annoyance in those two hours.
 
“Here, let me,”Donghae said as he reached out, wanting to hold my paper bag for me.
 
“Haemin needs no help. Even if she did, the chauffeur can hold it for her,”Soobin interrupted as she grabbed it.
 
The chauffeur took it without any words and Soobin gave him a dazzling smile to thank him. Taeri and Hyun-na, on the other hand, had a confused expression on their face. 
 
“Maybe we should really start shopping,”Taeri declared.
 
“What do you mean really start shopping? Haven’t you bought enough?”I asked with a frown.
 
“If you realised, we only went into a few shops. What about those on top, huh?”Taeri pointed to the top floors.
 
“Besides, we got to make use of the supplementary card he gave,”Hyun-na reached into her pocket to take the card out.
 
“OH YES! By the way, do anyone of you know the credit limit on that card?”Taeri asked, curious.
 
“Seeing as how Haemin only has that ONE card and the way she spends…,”Soobin started.
 
“And how Hyukjae is like, this card is most likely one with an unlimited credit. Right, Haemin?”Hyun-na looked at me.
 
I avoided her gaze, not wanting to partake in any of their activities.
 
“ARE YOU SERIOUS?! We could even buy a car using that card! Hey! Haemin’s name is on it!”Taeri exclaimed.
 
“Duh! This is the card that he gave to her when they were together,”Hyun-na rolled her eyes.
 
“Correction! Before they fought. They are STILL together,”Soobin looked over at Donghae.
 
Donghae opened his mouth and shut it without saying a word. I felt really bad for him. He was my friend, after all and Soobin hasn’t been nice to him at all. Whenever he tried to show his concern for me, Soobin would shoot him down. But Donghae had been really patient and didn’t lose his temper at all.
 
“I’m sorry,”I mouthed to him.
 
Donghae gave me a smile, telling me that he was okay.
 
“So, that means Haemin has to sign our bills?”Taeri asked, still confused over the cards.
 
“Yes,”Hyun-na smiled at me.
 
“I’m not signing it. It’s Hyukjae oppa’s money. I’m not going to use it,”I said firmly.
 
“If you’re really that angry with him, you wouldn’t even care that much,”Taeri nudged me.
 
“Of course I care! We were together for so long. I can’t just stop caring in a blink of an eye,”I rolled my eyes.
 
Instead of replying, they all had a silly smile on their faces. Soobin had her best smile and Hyun-na raised an eyebrow with an amused expression while still holding onto the cards. Taeri coughed a little before laughing softly. Donghae sighed and looked beyond me. 
 
“What are you all doing? Stop giving me that look. Give me those cards. We’re not using Hyukjae oppa’s money. Hear me?”I snatched the cards away.
 
“Hyukjae ah, did you hear her properly?”Hyun-na grinned.
 
“Of course,”
 
That voice made me stiffen and I slowly turned around to face the handsome man. 
 
“H-hi?”I stammered.
 
“Oh my god, Kim Haemin,”Taeri started laughing uncontrollably.
 
“Hello Haemin,”Hyukjae oppa greeted with a silly grin as well.
 
He looked really amused as I wondered what he heard from our conversation. 
 
“How long have you been standing behind me?”I asked.
 
“From the part where you said you’re not signing because it’s my money,”he smiled.
 
“So, that means you heard about…,”and I stopped myself in time.
 
“Yes, I heard about you still caring for me. That’s good to know,”Hyukjae oppa ruffled my hair.
 
I felt my cheeks heating up and Donghae was about to step forward when Soobin grabbed hold of his hand. She shook her head and Donghae stepped back. 
 
“Ah, let’s continue with our shopping,”Taeri clapped her hands together.
 
Hyun-na came over to pull me along and all of us continued walking around. This time, I was more self-conscious with Hyukjae oppa just behind me. In another shop, Soobin wanted a hat whereas Hyun-na found a dress that she really like. As they were about to pay, Hyukjae oppa took out his wallet and placed his card on the counter.
 
“You don’t have to,”Soobin hurriedly pushed the card back to him.
 
“I promised you all it’s an all expenses paid trip,”he said as he handed the sales girl his card.
 
“Thank you so much, Hyukjae,”they hurriedly bow.
 
“Don’t worry about it,”he smiled as he signed the bill. 
 
That night, we had dinner at a ramen house and headed back to the hotel that we will be staying at. Stepping in, my legs nearly gave way. It was far too glamorous for me to stay in. I hadn’t even realised how rich Hyukjae oppa is until this trip. 
 
“We’ve never gone overseas together, huh?”
 
I turned to see Hyukjae oppa looking around as well.
 
“You were too busy,”I simply replied and can’t help but notice that his eyes were full of hurt.
 
“I’m sorry for not treating you right. If I could rewind time, I would change everything,”he said as a lady came up to us.
 
She introduced herself and brought us all up to our rooms. More ladies soon came forward and we checked into the hotel in our own suite. After they left me alone in my suite, I began exploring the place. There was a huge king size bed just for myself. There was a living room area and also a huge bathroom. The view was ridiculously beautiful as we were facing the Tokyo tower. That night, I sat on the arm chair, staring at the Tokyo tower in the distance. But I couldn’t sit still so I decided to go down to the swimming pool to swim abit. Upon reaching the swimming pool, I was in awe. The water was so still and there was nobody around. The lights made the water sparkle and I liked the mini waterfall nearby. I began walking around the pool while smiling. 
 
As I continued walking, I heard footsteps and I looked up to see who was the like minded stranger that decided to come down to the pool at night. But when I saw the brown hair and all too familiar build, my smile disappeared. I watched as the man stretched his neck, probably tired from sitting down for his meeting. He looked at the pool as if deep in thought before he looked up, scanning the area. When he saw a figure, he looked at my direction for a bit. I decided to show myself and walked towards him. As I came under the lights, he finally saw who was it and his face broke out into a smile.
 
Hyukjae oppa was wearing a bathrobe with his board shorts peeking out while holding onto a towel. With this casual attire, it made me more relaxed.
 
“Hey,”I smiled.
 
“I should have known that it was you. You’ve always loved swimming pools,”he sat down on the deck chair.
 
“I still do,”I replied as I sat down on the deck chair next to his.
 
“Gosh, the air is so fresh,”he said out of nowhere as he lied on the chair, breathing in fresh air.
 
“You look relaxed,”I agreed.
 
“I am. I’ve started delegating more things to my people and all I do is attend meetings when I have to. I drop by the office as and when I want to now. But I still have worries though,”he said as he looked at me.
 
“What other worries do you have? Not being able to pay the utility bills?”I joked.
 
“I worry about you. I worry about us. I really shouldn’t have done all that. If I were to choose between money and you, I would choose you. I shouldn’t have made work my priority before. I’m sorry but I know my words mean nothing now. I’ll show you with my actions,”he sat up.
 
“Enough,”I sighed as I stood up.
 
“Don’t go. Alright, I won’t say anymore. Let’s swim, shall we?”he quickly stood up to block me.
 
I looked up at him, into his bright sparkling eyes. 
 
“Alright,”I nodded.
 
In silence, I took off my outer layer and began folding my clothes. In the corner of my eye, I saw Hyukjae oppa remove his bathrobe and I tried hard not to move my head to look at his abs. The two of us did some stretches without saying anything to each other.
 
“Ready?”he asked and I nodded.
 
We headed towards the water and he climbed down the ladder into the water. After landing, he turned to see if I made it down safely as well. 
 
“See you later then,”he smiled before he simply walked off to the side to begin swimming.
 
In awe, I watch him do the freestyle towards the other side. I sighed before pulling down my goggles to swim as well. After about twenty minutes, I saw that he was standing at the end, as if waiting for me. I couldn’t help but survey those sculpted abs that he had developed. I had a hard time swimming after looking and I forgot to blow out bubbles as I swam. And I end up choking on some chlorine water. I stopped swimming to cough and upon seeing that, he hurriedly swam over. 
 
“You okay?”he my back as I coughed.
 
“Yes,”I held onto his arm.
 
“Are you sure? Your face is so red. Have you caught a cold?”he asked, his face nearing mine.
 
“I said I’m fine,”I moved backwards and lost my footing.
 
His eyes widened and he quickly caught my back and pushes me upright. That forceful motion caused me to bump right onto his chiseled chest and I felt heat creep up my cheeks when I pushed myself away from his body. Awkwardly, I remove my hands from his chest whereas his arm was still on the small of my back.
 
“Shall we go up now? Your face is even redder,”he raised an eyebrow.
 
I nodded, deciding it was the best idea. Any longer, I might faint or go crazy trying to avoid looking at his exposed abs. We walked back to the deck chair and I wiped myself dry with the towel. I wrapped myself up in the towel before turning around to face Hyukjae oppa who was frowning.
 
“You didn’t bring a bathrobe?”he asked.
 
I shook my head and in a swift movement, he grabbed the bathrobe on his deck chair to pass it to me.
 
“I’m fine,”I said while shaking my head.
 
But he wouldn’t hear of it and held it up, waiting for me to put my arms through it and I complied. With that, he helped me tie the bathrobe tightly before picking up his towel to dry his hair as we walked back to the lift.
 
“Won’t you feel cold?”I asked, shivering a little, despite wearing his bathrobe.
 
“I’m a man. I can handle a little cold. But you aren’t that strong to begin with,”he said as he pressed the button for our floor. 
 
I didn’t reply and we walked down the hallway without speaking. His room was just opposite mine and when we were about to tap the card into our rooms, I couldn’t resist any longer. Hyukjae oppa had been nice and it was only fair for me to thank him for his concern.
 
“Hyukjae oppa,”I called out just as he was about to step into his room.
 
He turned around to look at me, with a curious look pinned on his face.
 
“Thank you,”I mumbled.
 
I avoided his gaze as I looked down. My eyes would betray me if I continued looking into his eyes.
 
“This is selfish of me but…can I have a hug?”he asked.
 
Without even waiting for my answer, he closed the gap and placed his arms around me. Head on his chest, I listened to his heartbeat. 
 
“I miss you so much,”he spoke in a soft voice.
 
He sighed as he adjusted himself.
 
“Haemin ah, I really miss you,”he mumbled with his chin resting on my head.
 
“You shouldn’t. You’re going to hate me…,”I muttered.
 
“What did you say?”he let go of me.
 
“Nothing. I’m going to bed,”I opened the door to my suite and closed the door in his face.
 
End of Chapter
DarkAngel