Ruined Birthday

Take Care of My Girlfriend

Hello my dear readers, I apologise for the late update. Have been really busy nowadays. Anyway, I've an annoucement to make! Recently, I have decided to post my old fanfics thanks to the support of MellyN. So, do click onto my profile to find my old stories. I have just posted the first chapter to the FIRST Eunhyuk fanfic I ever wrote! So do check it out though you'll probably laugh at my immature writing back then. HAHAHAHA! Thank you so much! And here's the long awaited update! Sorry to keep you all waiting! :) 

 

 

The whole afternoon, Donghae and I spent it having lunch and shopping for some things which he could bring back to his staff. Moreover, Sungmin had requested that we buy lots of pumpkin snacks for him. So, we went around looking for things to buy in my car and he was quite surprised by how well I drive. When it was nearing dinner time, I went home with him first to dress up before going off to the French restaurant that Hyukjae oppa has specially booked for the both of us.

“Reservation under Mr Lee Hyukjae,”I told the lady at the entrance.

“Yes, he booked the VIP room. Please follow me,”she smiled.

I followed her into the restaurant and sat down in the VIP room that he booked. Upon my arrival, the waiter immediately gave me a glass of ice water before leaving me alone to wait for Hyukjae oppa’s arrival. I was a little early hence I entertained myself by looking at the menu. After deciding on what to order, I took out my phone to see if I had any messages from him. But there wasn’t any. I decided to call him but he didn’t answer it. I sighed before looking at my watch. 7.10pm. We had booked the table for 7pm but he was nowhere to be found. I just sat there, waiting and waiting.

I looked at my watch again. 7.33pm. Still no trace of him. But this time round, a message came in.

[I’m so sorry but the meeting isn’t over yet. I’ll be right over when it’s done! Please wait for me!  –Hyukjae oppa]

I sighed at the message and began to lose hope. It wasn’t the first time that he was late anyway. I was probably used to waiting for him. I had even waited more than an hour for him just because he had work to be done at the office and wouldn’t feel comfortable having dinner with work undone. But when will his ton of work be done? I shook that voice away again.

8.24pm. I got another message.

[The meeting just ended. I’ll just discuss some things with my managers and I’ll be right over. Please wait for me! –Hyukjae oppa]

Again, I didn’t bother replying and just kept staring at it. Waiting and waiting. This is the longest I’ve ever waited for him to appear. But at 9pm, the door opened and I quickly looked up with a smile. But the smile was not to stay as a waiter came in.

“I’m sorry, Miss. But would you like to order anything? The kitchen is taking their last orders already,”he bowed.

“Could you give me another few minutes? I think my boyfriend is on his way already. I’m so sorry,”I bowed back.

“Sure,”he smiled before going out.

I sighed as I took out my phone to call him. The phone rang about three times before he answered.

“Hey, I’m so sorry but I’m on the way. Please wait for me, alright!”he said after answering.

“The kitchen is taking last orders already. Hurry up,”I replied, annoyed.

“Yes, yes, I’m sorry! I’m coming over. Talk to you later,”he hung up.

I frowned in annoyance as I slammed the phone down. I just sat there, massaging my temples, trying to calm myself down when the door opened and I looked up to find the same waiter with an apologetic smile on his face.

“I’m sorry, Miss. But I can’t delay any further. Is there any last orders?”he asked again.

I looked at my watch. 9.12pm.

“No. There isn’t. Thank you so much,”I stood up and gave him a tip.

I walked out of the restaurant and was about to cross the carpark to get a taxi home when a car pulled up right in front of the restaurant. The driver got out and was about to ask for valet parking service when I went over.

“Don’t bother about it,”I said simply.

He turned away from the valet parking service guy to look at me.

“Oh, Haemin ah, why did you come out? Didn’t I say I was on the way?”Hyukjae oppa asked me.

“I don’t even understand why I should stay inside when the kitchen is already closed,”I gritted my teeth.

“It’s closed? But I thought restaurants have their last orders at 9.30pm? Then, what are we going to do now?”Hyukjae oppa asked.

“I don’t want to talk to you right now,”I shook my head and walked towards the main road.

“Kim Haemin!”he called out as he grabbed my wrist.

“I want to go home now,”I tried to pull my hand away.

“What do you mean go home? We haven’t celebrated your birthday,”he asked, bewildered.

“And whose fault is it?!”I hissed.

“Come on, don’t make a scene here,”he tried to pull me to his car.

“You’re unbelievable, you know that?”I smacked him.

But he wouldn’t listen and got me into his car.

“Come on, I’ll bring you to somewhere nicer,”he said as he started the engine.

“I said I don’t want to!”I shouted.

“Don’t be so stubborn, will you? I had a meeting earlier on. It wasn’t entirely my fault,”he frowned.

“For your information, today is a SATURDAY! You could have rescheduled it!”I argued.

“But the Japanese side would be unhappy. You know how stubborn they are,”he replied.

“Forget it! I give up talking to you, alright. DO WHATEVER YOU WANT!”I shouted with much exasperation.

He stopped the car immediately by the roadside.

“Haemin, please calm down. It’s not going to be good for the baby,”Hyukjae oppa placed his hand softly on mine.

“Oh wow, now you remember that you’re a father,”I muttered.

“Baby, please don’t be upset anymore. I’m really sorry about it. Here, I bought a present for you. I hope you like it,”he turned behind to get a paper bag.

“I don’t want any presents,”I crossed my arms together.

“Aigoo, our princess is really angry, eh? Open up and see it. Come on,”he urged.

But I refused to and continued looking out the window with my jaw tightly clenched.

“Do you want your Hyukjae oppa to open it for you?”he asked.

I kept my mouth shut. He took out a box from the paper bag and opened whatever was in it.

“Look here,”he called out.

I kept my eyes fixed on the window and I could see his reflection. He looked so beautiful in his formal wear and he was holding on something and I swore it twinkled from the reflection.

“Look here, baby,”he used his hand to push my face towards the present.

In front of my eyes was a box that would never escape my eyes. A green box with a bracelet in it. A tell tale sign that it was bought from Tiffany & Co.

“You like it, don’t you? It’s from your favourite brand,”he took out the bracelet and helped me to wear it.

He surveyed the bracelet that was hanging off my wrist before holding my hand. My eyes started to water as I realised that he got the size right. My wrist was abnormally small and I usually had to get my bracelets or watches altered to fit it.

“How do you even know the size of my wrist?”I let out a whisper.

“I’ve been holding it for eight years, silly,”he chuckled.

I couldn’t help but just stare into his big shiny eyes.

“I’m sorry about earlier. Forgive me?”he gave my hand a squeeze before leaning in to give me a kiss.

After pulling away, I slowly looked up to meet his eyes and he stared back with his puppy eyes. I sighed and he smiled for he knew I had forgiven him. I could never stay angry with Lee Hyukjae. It was like he had it in him to do wrong yet rectify it. He always always always manages to get away with all his wrong-doing. 

End of Chapter

DarkAngel