Just You And Me

Take Care of My Girlfriend

When the car finally stopped at his apartment block, I sat still, not making an attempt to unbuckle my seat belt. Hyukjae oppa, upon noticing it, slowly unbuckled his seat belt and turned towards me.

“Is our princess still angry?”he reached out to caress my cheek.

I shook my head a little.

“Or are you upset that you haven’t got to celebrate your birthday?”he asked softly as he held onto my hand.

All I did was sigh.

“Wait here for me,”was all he said before he got out of the car.

“Hyuk…jae op…pa,”I called out but he was long gone.

I leaned back on the seat and began thinking. Does he really care that much? It seems like he’s taking you for granted. Only caring when you’re angry.

“No! Hyukjae oppa isn’t like that!”I said aloud.

Quit lying to yourself. You know deep inside, Hyukjae oppa isn’t as caring anymore.

I squeezed my eyes tightly shut, willing the voice in my head to stop speaking.

Continue living in denial then. You’re gonna get hurt even further down the road.

A knock on the window startled me and I turned to look. It was Hyukjae oppa with a huge smile on his face. Looking at his kid-like smile, my heart just simply melted. This guy still loves me. I opened the car door and he bent down immediately.

“Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to you! Happy birthday to our dearest Haemin! Happy birthday to you!”

He sang as he brought a small piece of cake towards my eyes with a candle on top. With his eyes glowing, he signaled for me to make a wish and blow out the candles. I did as I was told and clapped after I was done. He passed the cake to me and handed me a fork so I could eat.

“Give me a minute,”he winked before closing the passenger car door.

I tried to turn in my seat and could only make out his figure behind the car. Since I couldn’t see much, I just ate the cake happily until I heard a message come in on my phone.

1 Unread Message From Hyukjae Oppa ^^

[Come out! ^^]

I raised an eyebrow and opened the car door, with my cake in hand. As if on cue, music started playing and I quickly turned to look. Hyukjae oppa was posing and all of a sudden, he started dancing. It was like I fell in love all over again as I remembered how I’ve watched him dance at his dancing competitions back then. And here he was, dancing in his apartment block’s carpark just for me. I smiled as he danced with such ease and a style that was simply Lee Hyukjae. It was as if the way he moved had been trademarked. Once in a while, he would look up and lock eyes with me. I would smile to reassure him that I was watching. When he bowed to signal the end of the performance, I left the cake on top of his car and ran towards him.  When I finally bumped into him for a hug, he was so stunned that he stood so still.

“I’m sorry,”he apologized as he hugged me back.

“No, it’s okay! I shouldn’t have been so childish,”I shook my head while in his embrace.

With my head on his chest, I listened to his quick heart beat. I’ve always liked hugging Hyukjae oppa. His body was still toned despite him being so busy. From what I know, Hyukjae oppa always heads to the gym when he gets stressed up at work. He even had people build a gym just for him in his office building. I looked up at him and he stared back into my eyes. This person is really the perfect man for me. Everything about him was my ideal type.

“How many times have I told you how lucky I am to have you? For an introvert like me to get you, the social butterfly in school as a boyfriend is so impossible,”I sighed as I studied his features.

“Hey, you’re not too bad yourself. Just thank god you’ve a wonderful personality to be able to attract me,”he winked.

“Oh, you,”I chuckled.

“Let’s go eat dinner, shall we? I bought us some food. It’s not as extravagant as the food in that French restaurant but I think you’ll like this more,”he smiled.

“That restaurant is a little too stuffy for us anyway,”I smiled back as he held my hand.

This time round, we sat at the back of the car together and eat the lunchbox that he bought. For me, he specially bought some curry rice with fried chicken which I loved a lot.

“It’s been so long since I last ate this! It can’t be found out of town!”I grinned.

“Glad you like it! Let’s eat,”he smiled back.

I let my head rest on his shoulder as I ate. Compared to that stuffy restaurant, I like my birthday celebration in the car better. It felt more special for it was just Hyukjae oppa and me.

“Do you even know how much I love you?”I mumbled as I ate.

“Of course I do. And I love you even more,”he replied.

“Nah, I love you more,”I shook my head.

“Really?”he asked as I looked up at him.

“Yes and I’m not going to kiss you with your lips full of curry!”I laughed as I pulled away from him.

“And you still have the cheek to laugh? Help me clean it off, idiot!”he was laughing a little with a bewildered expression.

“Stay still, stupid,”I grabbed a tissue as I tried to help him to clean off but he wouldn’t stop moving and making comical faces.

“There, handsome again,”he smirked after I finish cleaning.

“Seriously…,”I elbowed him as I continued eating.

After dinner, he helped to clean up before we headed upstairs hand in hand and making a lot of noise. When the door opened, we realized the lights were switched on and I finally remembered we had a guest.

“Oh! Donghae! I just remembered that you’re here,”Hyukjae oppa went up to hug him.

“Having too much fun on your date huh?”Donghae teased.

“You bet. It’s my first date with my precious after so long,”Hyukjae oppa grinned.

“You’re so cheesy,”I shook my head and hurried into the room we shared.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel