Lee Hyukjae's Story

Take Care of My Girlfriend

Hello everybody! I'm just going to give you all a head's up that January will be the busiest month for me! I'm not too sure when I'll be able to update next but I'll try my very best! MEANWHILE PLEASE DONT ABANDON THE STORY :( Anyway, to make it up to you guys for next week (I'm pretty sure I'll be dead busy next week with my submissions), I decided to push forward the updating! So, here you go!!!!! My apologies to everyone for not updating frequently!!! :( 

Sitting side by side, Hyukjae oppa and I were now on the deck, looking at the sea under the stars. Sighing, I lean my head on his toned shoulders and smiled.

“God, this feels so good. Having you right beside me,”he mumbled near my head.

“I know…,”I muttered, snuggling closer.

Resting his cheek on my head, the two of us sat in silence, enjoying the moment of just being with each other, not doing anything. I closed my eyes and rested a bit. Then, I remembered how I got here and my eyes shot open. Sensing my movements, Hyukjae oppa lifted his head and I did the same. He looked at me with a curious expression, wondering why I was ruining the moment.

“What are you thinking of?”he asked.

“Donghae. He told me to ask you about what happened yesterday. Tell me what you two talked about last night,”I answered.

“Trust you to still remember such a thing at such a romantic moment,”Hyukjae oppa couldn’t stop himself from smirking.

“Come on, tell me,”I pulled on his sleeve.

“Give me a kiss and I’ll tell you,”he grinned.

“That wasn’t part of the deal!”I pinched his waist, causing him to let out a yelp.

“Alright, I’ll tell you, geez. Is kissing me so hard? You were waiting for our first kiss…,”I muffled his mouth before he could continue.

“Yah! There’s someone on this yacht!”I shushed him up.

“It’s not like he can hear us,”he rolled his eyes.

“Hurry up and tell me! Goodness, you’re like a girl!”I smack his arm.

“Okay, okay! I forgot how annoying you can be,”he pinched my nose.

I glared at him a little and he pulled me closer.

“Well, yesterday, I was a little…off. You were doing the hot and cold attitude on me and I was beginning to feel frustrated but I really didn’t want to vent my anger on you. So, I decided to talk to him…,”

Hyukjae oppa sighed a little.

“We were at this bar and we drank, obviously. I told him that I really had no one to confide in. He was my only confidante. Looking at my pathetic state, he told me that he was never angry with me when I flared up back at the hospital. Instead he was more of angry at me for being such a wimp, leaving you in his care and being so mean to you. That idiot even called me a jerk,”

“You were,”I agreed.

“I know I was but I wasn’t really prepared to be called a jerk right in my face. Anyway, we got talking and I admitted I was being all childish back at Japan for upstaging him when he was trying to win you over. I was feeling really insecure back then. You were slipping away from my hands, I couldn’t stay calm. And I told him that I was really jealous of him,”

“Why would you be jealous of him?”I asked.

“He is a successful man. I achieved almost nothing,”he let out a sad smile.

“What do you mean? You’re a CEO of a huge company!”I replied.

“Yeah, well, on the surface, I am the more successful one. But when it comes to life, I’m a failure. Look at Donghae. He loves what he does for a living and he smiles so easily. My job was pushed to me whether I like it or not. To tell you the truth, I wanted to run away from this responsibility. But remember how my dad was hospitalized because of his high blood pressure a few years ago?”he asked.

I nodded my head. We were still in university back then and we visited his dad everyday during his stay.

“He was still worried about the company in the hospital, making calls here and there. I realised how important it was to him and the least I could do for him as a son would be to keep it going. Although I didn’t really like it, I took over and…I hated every minute of it. I hated the huge responsibility of running such a huge company when I knew almost nothing about the business world. I hated how those CEOs whom I always meet would look at me, secretly mocking me. It was almost like they were trying to see how incompetent I was because this job was given to me. They earned and deserved that title while I did nothing and just received what my father had sowed. I hated everything so I became upset with my life. I became cranky about everything. Because all I could think of was how I was going to show them that I was more than just a boy who was born lucky, my life became revolved around it and I didn’t even realize. So, I began neglecting everything else including you. I forgot how love was not just about merely loving and cherishing you when I had time. I just assumed you would stick around forever and that I could always come back to you. And when you got pregnant suddenly, I…panicked. I was at a loss. I was in the midst of building up my portfolio and those CEOs were starting to be impressed with the way I did things. So when it happened…I was shocked. So I took the easy way out and it turned out to be like that…,”

Hyukjae oppa hung his head low, full of remorse for what happened.

“I’m not using work as an excuse though. It was still my fault. My behavior with you was still unacceptable…,”he hurriedly said.

I nodded, letting him know I understood.

“After we broke up, I reflected as well. I wanted to be just like Donghae. I wanted to be a happy man. Since there was nothing I could do about the company, I might as well try to look for the small joys in working. Whenever we made a small progress, I would reward myself with a present. And it cheered me up a bit,”he grinned.

I laughed upon hearing how child like he was.

“After being happy, my burden naturally lightened. I began to be happy and I even hired a managing director so that there was someone to handle the bulk although I was still in-charge. That was why I looked so relaxed on the Japan trip. I was a happier person already. But my life was still incomplete without you.  So, I talked about how much I needed you back. I guess he saw how desperate I was and realised that the feelings he had was nothing compared to what was in me. For him, it was just pure admiration for the first girl he had seen love so hard. Whereas for me, it was obviously love. So, he decided to help me today,”

He squeezed my hand, eyes glancing at me, giving me a small smile.

“And…he apologized. For kissing you,”

He didn’t even lose his smile when saying that.

“Hyukjae…I was about to tell…,”

“Hush. No need to apologise. I understood the circumstances when it happened so I decided to let it go. As long as you’re my woman now, I don’t care about anything else. Besides, we weren’t really together when it happened, remember? We broke up. I wasn’t even angry when Donghae told me about it. And baby, it’s Hyukjae OPPA for you. Not Hyukjae, understand?”he raised his eyebrow.

“Understand,”I couldn’t help but giggle a bit.

“And right now, I believe I’m the happiest man in this whole wide world because I have you back with me,”he pulled me into his embrace, hugging me tight.

“Thank you for not giving up on me,”I hugged him back.

“That’s what I should be saying. I was about to have a mental breakdown when I thought you really moved on. That’s why I was sad on the night we went to Disneyland. I didn’t have the mood for supper because I thought you really moved on. So, I cried in….,”he stopped himself in time.

“You cried?”I asked.

“Well…yeah…,”he looked down to avoid my gaze.

“I’m sorry. I was still scared back then. I didn’t want you to leave me or neglect me again,”I admitted.

“I promised you back then that I would always be with you right till the end. That was just stupidity on my part so it wasn’t exactly the end,”he reassured me.

He tried to stifle a yawn but was caught by me.

“Shall we head back? You must be tired from drinking so much last night and planning all this,”I patted his thigh.

“I guess we should. It’s already late,”he looked at his watch.

Hyukjae oppa pulled me up and went looking for the staff who was sitting below to bring us back to the club. After thanking him, we headed to his car and he started the engine.

“Hyukjae oppa, where are we going?”I turned to look at him.

“Home?”he replied as if I was stupid.

“But you’re not supposed to exit here!”I frowned.

“Yah, I may not have perfect eyesight like you but I can still read the signs. Besides, I’m not a road idiot,”he scoffed.

“You’re really going on the wrong road! Gangnam is the other side!”I exclaimed.

“Huh? Don’t you want me to send you home first?”he stopped the car at the side of the road, all confused.

“You mean…we’re not going back to the apartment together?”I asked.

“You want to go back with me?”he asked.

“Well…, that’s my house…?”I answered stupidly.

Hyukjae oppa finally understood and let out a chuckle.

“I thought you would wanna take things slow and was about to send you back to Soobin’s place,”he teased, releasing the hand brake this time round to continue driving.

“But…I wasn’t prepared to leave you yet…,”I admitted.

“You’re not alone, my dear. I couldn’t bear for you to leave either but I didn’t want to force things back to what it was if it isn’t comfortable for you,”he took my hand in his.

“Hyukjae oppa, are you free tomorrow?”I asked.

“Why? You want to go on a date?”he glanced at me.

“Hmmm, yes but you need to help me pack first,”I grinned.

“Pack?”he asked as he parked his car at the basement of his apartment.

“Aren’t you going to help your girlfriend move back?!”I asked, in mock anger.

“Ah, I see. Of course, I would love to. Don’t be angry. I can’t think straight right now,”he ruffled my hair as we headed to the lift lobby.

“Why not?”I asked.

“My mind is too overwhelmed. I’m too happy,”he smiled.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel