Starting Anew

Take Care of My Girlfriend

Hello all! I just want to say thank you for helping me hit the big SIX-ZERO for my subscribers! Thank you so much! I'm pleasantly surprised that I could hit such a huge number! Thank you everyone!!!!!!! :) I'll try my best to make this story as bearable and pleasant for everyone! And in case, you're wondering, I HAVE FINALLY DECIDED THE ENDING! Yes, that's right. I wrote all those chapters with no ending in mind! So, now that I've sort my thoughts out....the writing will come smoother! Please bear with me, alright? :) THANK YOU!

 

The next day, I woke up to find Donghae looking around the kitchen.

“Looking for something?”I asked and he jumped a little.

He turned around to see me before giving me a smile.

“Yeah, the oil. I want to cook some eggs for breakfast,”he said.

I went over to look for it with him. Soon, he started cooking and I stood there, just watching.

“You two are up early,”at the voice of Soobin, Donghae and I turned to greet her.

“Soobin, can you lend me your laptop later on? I need to look for a job online,”I asked.

“Hmm, sure. What kind of jobs are you looking for? Part-time or full-time?”she asked as she got herself a glass of water.

“Full-time, of course,”I replied.

“Can you cope? You’re still rather weak from the…,”she asked, worriedly.

“I can try,”I answered.

“But as a manager on duty in a hotel, don’t you have to work odd hours? Can you take it?”she asked.

“Well, I would never know if I never tried,”I replied.

“Wait, wait. What manager in a hotel?”Donghae asked, all confused as he laid the table.

Soobin glanced at him then back at me.

“You mean, you never told him?”she asked me.

“Right. I actually have a degree in Hotel Management. But because I have a lack of experience, I have to start at being a manager on duty instead of an executive manager at the heart of the house, doing more administrative stuff,”I replied.

“So, that means, you have to walk around the hotel in your heels?”Donghae asked, horrified.

“Er, yes,”I confirmed.

“And at odd hours. You know how hotels operate 24 hours a days,”Soobin added on.

“But how are you going to handle that in your condition now?”he asked.

“I’ll get by, don’t worry,”I brushed it off as I started to eat.

“Since you’re so insistent about it, why don’t you check with Jiyong? You two were studying in the same course back in university. Maybe he can see if there’s a vacancy in the place he works at,”Sooin suggested.

“Oh! That’s a good idea! Wah, Soobin, you’re genius,”I clapped my hands together.

“Just treat me to a meal when you get your first paycheck. I can’t believe that this is your first job for someone who’s already 22 this year,”she chuckled.

“I really should have insisted on working back then. Too stupid,”I shook my head.

“Have Hyukjae been contacting you?”Soobin asked.

“I wouldn’t know. I found out that my phone is able to block calls so….,”I shrugged.

“YOU BLOCKED HIS CALLS?!”Soobin exclaimed.

“Yeah, I want a clean break and this is the only way for him to give up,”I sighed.

“Thanks, Haemin. You know he’s going to call Taeri, Hyun-na and I, right?”she replied sarcastically.

“Block him as well!”I suggested.

“Oh, erm,”Donghae coughed a little to get our attention.

“Sorry for excluding you, Donghae sshi,”Soobin apologized.

“It’s okay. But Hyukjae actually went to the hospital to find you but the nurses told him that you were discharged. And according to Taeyeon, my neighbours saw him ringing my doorbell and told him we came back,”Donghae explained.

“Any minute now, he’ll start calling the three of us,”Soobin told me.

As if on cue, her phone rang.

“What do you want me to say?”Soobin asked as she stood up, ready to pick up her phone.

“Just say you don’t know anything,”I replied.

“Seriously, Kim Haemin,”she laughed a little as she whacked me.

Soobin left to get her phone and the ringing stopped.

“Haemin, you need to talk to him. At least have a closure. You can’t just leave him hanging there and wait till he stops pestering you. Hyukjae is stubborn and you know that better than anybody else,”Donghae advised.

“I agree with Donghae sshi. That guy is nuts about you although he’s stupid enough to neglect you. He sounded really worried and kept demanding me to tell him where you are even though I keep insisting that I don’t know,”Soobin said she came back to sit at the breakfast table.

I sat still, absorbing what they had to say.

“Maybe after talking through, he might start to understand what you have gone through and you can give him a second chance. We all know it’s rather impossible for you to live without him. You love him a lot, Haemin and we don’t want you to lose him. He’s the one who can make you smile so easily,”Soobin carried on.

“That’s right. You two can try getting back together. It’s a pity that such a long relationship had to come to an end,”Donghae nodded his head.

“You might be just too angry with him, that’s all. You know how couples always fight. This could just be a major fight in your relationship. Don’t tell me that you don’t miss him these past few days,”Soobin looked at me worriedly.

“No, I have nothing to talk to him about. You have to fight stubborn with stubborn. Just ignore him till the day he stops calling and everything will be fine,”I insisted.

“You do know that the three of us will be pestered by him too, right?”Soobin glared playfully at me.

“Sorry, my dear. Thank you so much,”I grinned.

“Things I do for my best friend,”Soobin sighed dramatically.

That afternoon, I began searching for a job online while Donghae helped me look through the newspapers. But the openings for the hotels available were for other positions and not suitable for me. Deciding to listen to Soobin, I picked up my phone to call Jiyong, our classmate back in high school who went to same university as me, studying the same course.

“Hello?”he answered.

“Kwong Jiyong, it’s me!”I greeted.

“Kim Haemin? Oh wow, this is new! I haven’t heard from you for ages, I thought you forgot about me since you’re so busy living the high life,”Jiyong joked.

“Hey, don’t talk like that! You’re still my friend! And I’m sorry for not contacting you earlier,”I apologized.

“I was just joking around. So, how have you been? What’s the high life like, Mrs Lee-to-be?”he asked.

“Erm, actually, I just broke up with Hyukjae,”I answered.

“ARE YOU FOR REAL?!”he exclaimed.

“Yes,”I confirmed it.

“WHY?! You two were so…perfect for each other,”he was in shock, just like my friends.

“Well, people change and I realised we are no longer suited for each other,”I answered briefly.

“Ohh, have you been coping well with the break up?”he asked.

“I guess. I have to,”I sighed.

“True. You can start by getting a job to distract you. Our industry is perfect for numbing pain. Our crazy shifts do wonders,”Jiyong joked.

“And that was what I was calling about! Does your hotel have a vacancy?”I asked.

“You’re taking my joke seriously? Don’t you want to get a normal office job? I mean, its your first job, after all. Can you take the shifts?”he asked worriedly.

“I’ll be alright. Did you forget all about our internship?”I insisted.

“Right, right. Anyway, you are in luck. We’re actually looking for an assistant manager on duty. Would you like that?”he asked.

“That’ll be awesome,”I smiled.

“Great! I’ll call you again for the interview. And if you get the job, you’ll be training under me,”I could almost see Jiyong’s grin.

“It’ll be like old times, huh?”I was getting excited.

“That’s right! But with a heavier workload,”he replied.

“Perfect!”I nodded my head.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel