Once Again

Take Care of My Girlfriend

 

That week, I spent it planning my birthday with Donghae. Although he wasn’t involved with any of the plans, he was still happy to help me plan it. Days went by with me getting more and more excited about the day. I no longer cried at night for my excitement about the date overpowered my loneliness now. I managed to brainwash myself to think that those text messages or calls do not matter now that I was going on a date with him. It was my first date with Hyukjae oppa in about half a year, after all! I missed just doing things with him and I haven’t seen him for over a week. On Saturday morning, the day we were about to go off to the city, I woke up early, wanting to prepare sandwiches to bring on the road. But when I walked out, Donghae was already in the kitchen and there were lunchboxes on the dining table.

“Wow, you’re well-prepared. I was about to make some sandwiches for us but you’re faster,”I said as I walked into the kitchen.

He turned around and greeted me with a smile.

“Don’t want the both of us to go hungry. Breakfast will be ready soon. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!”he said before turning back to the stove.

“Thanks!” I smiled as I sat at the dining table.

He came, after awhile, with some plates in hand. He settled down opposite me and we begun to eat. As I was about to put rice in my mouth, I felt something move up my throat. I let the spoon fall and covered my mouth with my hand.

“Haemin, are you okay? Is it morning sickness again?”Donghae asked as he slowly stood up.

As it reached the back of my mouth, I stood up, ready to run. But since the vomit was faster, I hurled whatever it was near the dining table.

“Feeling better?”he asked as he patted my back.

I nodded and reached out for my chair. He hurriedly grabbed it for me and sat me down before going off to the kitchen to get tissue and water for me.

“I’m sorry, I couldn’t make it to the toilet in time. I’ll clean it up later,”I apologized.

“It’s okay! Next time, just hurl everywhere you want. Don’t run! What if you fall eh?”Donghae smiled.

“What are you doing?”I asked.

“Cleaning up?”he raised an eyebrow as he went on all four to clean up the mess.

“I said I’ll clean it. It’s disgusting!”I stood up and tried to pull him up.

“How can I let a pregnant woman do this? Just sit down and eat,”Donghae refused to stand up.

“Donghae ah, I’ll feel bad if you are being so nice to me,”I sighed, still not going back to the table.

“You don’t have to. Just take it that I’m repaying Hyukjae’s kindness,”Donghae smiled as he washed his hands.

“But he didn’t even do much for you,”I argued.

“Then…get Hyukjae to pay me back. He’s the one who started this mess so let him take care of everything. Relax, Haemin. You worry too much for a pregnant lady,”Donghae chuckled.

“What did Hyukjae oppa do to deserve a friend like you?”I sighed.

“Just sit down and have breakfast, my friend,”Donghae winked.

I laughed a little as I sat down to eat breakfast once again. After we were done, we went off to the train station with the help of Sungmin who has a car. He helped us put our bags in the back and drove us there.

“You are still coming back, right?! You’re just going back for the weekend?”Sungmin asked me.

“Yes! I have to come back, anyway! How are you going to do story-telling without me?”I asked.

“Wah, seriously! Since when have you become so bold when speaking?”Sungmin laughed.

“She’s as cheeky as Taeyeon eh?”Donghae grinned.

“Maybe even cheekier,”Sungmin shook his head.

We reached the train station and bade Sungmin farewell. Donghae insisted on carrying my bag for me and we boarded the train. All the way there, we kept making jokes and laughing. My phone rang, signaling that a message had come in for me and I took it out. When I saw who the message was from, my heart did a flip.

1 Unread Message From Hyukjae Oppa ^^

I pressed read and my smile disappeared.

“What’s with your long face, birthday girl?”Donghae turned to look.

I passed my phone to him, unable to speak.  He took it without a word and read the message.

“Ahhh…, he’s just not free to fetch and have lunch with you. It’s okay! We’ll just take a taxi to your apartment,”Donghae smiled and passed my phone back to me.

“He’s never free for me,”I sighed.

“Aish, what are you talking about? Didn’t he say he will make it up to you by going on a date with you tonight? Stupid girl. Come on, it’s just a ride from the train station! We can manage it ourselves,”Donghae nudged me.

I looked at him and he smiled.

“Come on, smile, birthday girl! It’s your day today! Didn’t you see how apologetic he was? Besides, the meeting was a last minute one! He didn’t want it to happen either,”Donghae smiled.

“You’re right…,”I started to smile a little.

“Positive thinking, girl!”Donghae nudged me as he opened the lunchbox he packed.

I chuckled as I took the sandwich from inside. All the way back, we kept talking and when we finally reached the city, I decided to take the lead since he hasn’t been back in the city for years.

“Wow, things have changed so much,”Donghae commented.

“But of course. You’ve been away for so long!”I smiled as I flagged a taxi.

I told the taxi driver the address of Hyukjae oppa’s apartment and he started driving.

“Have you ever been to his house?”I asked.

“You mean Hyukjae’s house? No,”Donghae replied.

“It’s really different from yours. But I hope you will enjoy your stay there tonight,”I smiled.

“I will. I can sleep anywhere,”Donghae joked.

The taxi driver reached the venue and after paying, we walked into the building. At the lobby, the guard was so surprised to see me when he greeted us. The elevator brought us up to the 15th floor and as I scanned my fingerprint, I felt my heart beating really fast. Even though, I knew the house would be empty, I couldn’t wait to see it. I’ve missed the place so much. When I opened the door, the empty living room greeted me.

“Woah, this is Hyukjae’s house? It’s so…modern,”Donghae looked around.

“I’ll bring you to your room,”I smiled.

“Sure! Then, after that, let’s go out and have lunch!”Donghae grinned.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel