Japan

Take Care of My Girlfriend

Hello everyone! I'm back from my holiday! Thank you for your concern and I enjoyed myself very much during that one week! ^^ It was a good trip for me to take a look at the country that I always base my story on. Yeap, you guessed it. I made a trip to South Korea and I must say, that country is amazingly beautiful! ^^ Hopefully, I could bring that picture here for those who haven't been there to imagine how beautiful it is through my eyes. Here is the chapter I owe you all for over a week. Thank you for your patience :)

For those who have subscribed to me, you would have realised by now that I have started a new story by the name of 'The Almighty King's Watch'. It's a G-Dragon fanfic that I started writing a few months back. I have been a huge fan of Big Bang for years and GD is my bias in the group. I thought that a variety (instead of purely just Hyukjae fanfics) would be good. So, if you have any interest in that story or is a fan of GD just like me, do go check it out! THANK YOU

“Where have you been the whole day?”Soobin asked as I let myself into her apartment.

“Hyukjae oppa’s,”I replied and this time round his name had come out of my mouth easier.

“What were you doing at his house?”Donghae asked with a frown evident on his face.

“Did you two make up?”Soobin grinned.

“No, I just took care of him,”I replied absent-mindedly as I continued on to explain about how I found him on the road.

“And you were there the whole day?”Donghae asked again.

“That’s so sweet of you. Did you all manage to talk?”Soobin asked, all concerned.

“Not really,”I shook my head as I went to get a glass of water.

“So, he drove you home?”she asked.

“He wanted to but I told him to rest besides, the car is at his place,”I replied.

“So, you took the car in the end?”Soobin tilted her head.

“He wouldn’t take the keys and I didn’t feel like taking a bus so late at night,”I shrugged my shoulders.

“Haemin, you should stay away from him as much as possible,”Donghae spoke up.

“WHY!”Soobin exclaimed, giving me a shock.

“What why? Your friend was suffering! Have you even seen how she looked like everyday at my house?”Donghae frowned.

“But I told you this is an obstacle they are facing and her Hyukjae oppa was just being an idiot for a moment. He’s all better now,”Soobin was all fired up.

“Well, he wouldn’t have let her suffer if he had cared enough,”Donghae argued.

“Alright, alright! Break it up. What’s with you two, huh? I merely stayed at his place today because I promised the ahjumma to take care of him, that’s all. Chill, alright? Geez,”I shook my head.

“Remember my words, Lee Donghae,”Soobin gave him one last glare before walking off.

“What did you do to get her so fired up? Soobin has never argued or scolded anyone. Even to Hyukjae oppa,”I asked Donghae.

“I don’t know. She’s bend on making life difficult for me,”Donghae just shook his head.

With that, I didn’t know how else to defend my friend since she really had been mean to him ever since we moved in.

“I’m sorry about how she is. I don’t know what happened to her,”I scratched the back of my head.

“It’s okay. Are you feeling alright from drinking so much last night?”he asked.

“Yeah, I am. Donghae ah, about last night…,”I started.

“What about last night? You were drunk and I carried you in, that’s all,”he shrugged.

He was adamant about pretending that nothing happened and that made it harder for me to apologise.

“You don’t have to apologise. Nothing much happened, remember?”he patted my shoulder.

“Are you really okay with pretending?”I managed to ask in a soft voice.

“I’m okay if you are. So stop feeling guilty about it. I was the one at fault, anyway,”he walked over to the sink to start washing up.

“But I allowed it so it is my fault as well, isn’t it?”I went over.

“That’s because you were drunk,”Donghae smiled.

“No, I wasn’t!”I almost shouted.

Donghae lost his smile.

“I was fairly aware of what I was doing…I’m sorry,”I was almost frustrated to the point where there were tears in my eyes.

He reached out to cup my face, wiping away the tears in my eyes.

“It’s okay,”he smiled again.

“I was craving for attention because he hasn’t been caring for me for the past few months. So, when you…I allowed it….,”my tears fell.

“Hush, I said, it’s okay. Why are you still crying?”he chuckled as he wiped away my tears.

“Sorry,”was all I could say.

 “Fool,”he ruffled my hair as he went back to washing up.

The following day, we were all woken up at 7am by the doorbell ringing. I got out of my bedroom to see Soobin rushing towards the door and Donghae standing at his room door, looking all sleepy.

“Oh my goodness! What brings you here?!”Soobin gasped and I craned my neck to see who it was.

“Hyukjae oppa?”my eyes widened.

He pushed past Soobin to get to me and in his hands were two pieces of white paper.

“Haemin, I’m going to Japan in two days time,”he spoke out of nowhere.

“So?”I asked, not getting it.

“So, I want you to come with me. I’ve already booked the air tickets,”he showed me the two pieces of paper.

I stared intently at it and saw that he wasn’t joking. Those were first class tickets to Japan that he was holding and on it, I saw his name and my name.

“I’m not going,”I turned to fix my gaze on him.

“I know you may be uncomfortable so I’ve also booked tickets for your clique to go with us,”he reached into his pocket to show me three other first class tickets for Taeri, Soobin and Hyun-na.

“Are you freaking serious?”Soobin hopped over to grab the three tickets.

“I have work,”I replied stupidly.

“I called Jiyong to let him know. He says you’re free to go,”Hyukjae oppa smiled.

“Well…,I…,”I began stammering and looking around to think of excuses.

“Come on, Haemin. Let’s go. It’ll be fun. Hyukjae, do we have to pay you back?”Soobin nudged me before asking him.

“No. It’s an all expenses paid trip for all of you,”Hyukjae oppa answered.

“You mean, you’re paying for our accommodation as well?!”her eyes widened.

“Food and shopping included,”Hyukjae oppa smiled at her.

“ASSA! Yah, Haemin, let’s go. I’ve been dying to go to Tokyo. I’ll help you convince the rest to go and don’t worry, we’ll give you two plenty of time to spend alone,”Soobin winked at him.

“You’re the best, Soobin,”Hyukjae oppa grinned.

I heard a soft cough and I turned to see Donghae. He was looking at me as if warning me about it. He opened his mouth and mouthed the words ‘don’t go’ to me.

“I’ll go if you bring Donghae along,”I decided that it was the best plan.

Hyukjae oppa hasn’t been on good terms with Donghae these few days and the only way to escape from going to Japan with him was to ask him to pay for Donghae as well. I was right about that as Hyukjae oppa’s eyes hardened at the name of Donghae.

“If that guy goes, you’ll go. Is that it?”he asked to confirm.

“Yes,”I played along.

“Fine, I’ll arrange for him to come along,”Hyukjae oppa agreed so easily.

“What?!”Soobin, Donghae and I blurt out.

“We’re leaving in two days so please pack as soon as possible. I’ll get my chauffeur to fetch all of you to the airport. Be ready by 9.30am,”Hyukjae oppa said.

“No problem! Thank you, Hyukjae,”Soobin smiled.

“My pleasure,”he simply smiled before he left.

“I’m going to call the rest!”Soobin skipped to her room.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?!”Donghae hissed at me.

“I didn’t think that he would agree to you coming along. You saw how reluctant I was,”I muttered.

“You should know better than to challenge him. Lee Hyukjae is as stubborn as a bull. If he wants you to go, he would agree to all your conditions,”Donghae argued.

“Why are you getting angry at me then?”I questioned.

“Because I didn’t want you to go to Japan. He’s trying to win you back and I can’t stand seeing that,”Donghae admitted.

“Don’t make things complicated for me, Donghae. I know you care for me but please try to keep your feelings in check,”I looked away.

In an hour’s time, Taeri and Hyun-na gathered at the apartment and they all had different opinions on the trip. Soobin was all excited about it since she wanted to help me get back together with Hyukjae oppa. Taeri was nonchalant and said that she wouldn’t want to waste the ticket. Hyun-na, on the other hand, refused to go along.

“What does he think he’s doing? Buying us over?”Hyun-na asked, agitatedly.

“It’s not that bad, if you think about it,”Taeri replied absent-mindedly.

“I’m not going to be bought over so easily,”Hyun-na huffed.

“You can slowly torture him in Tokyo by getting him to pay for all your shopping. He would do it just to show how much Haemin means to him,”Taeri nudged her evilly.

“That sounds like a great plan,”Hyun-na high fived her.

“Yah, you two!”I rolled my eyes.

“Why? Is your heart aching for him?”Hyun-na teased.

“An all expenses paid trip to Japan. Things like these only happen in dramas,”Soobin gushed.

“Kim Haemin, what did you do in your previous life, huh? How did you charm that jerk into falling for you?”Taeri joked as she shook her head, not believing what was happening.

“A rich one at that,”Hyun-na smirked.

“Guys, I don’t want to go,”I grumbled.

“You know he’s going to shred the air tickets into pieces if you don’t turn up,”Taeri commented.

“He’s rich enough to not ask for a refund,”Hyun-na joked.

“So, you guys think I should go?”I sighed.

“Why not? It’s not everyday that you get to go on an all expenses paid trip to Japan,”Taeri answered.

“Unless you marry Hyukjae. That’s a different thing,”Soobin winked.

“Are you guys trying to help him?!”I asked.

“We want to see you happy, that’s all and we know he can make you happy,”Hyun-na smiled.

“Correction. He’s the only one who can make you happy,”Soobin said as she stared at Donghae who was quietly sitting there.

End of Chapter

DarkAngel