Chapter 55

Dragon bride

Changmin and the others watched as more dragons started to emerge from the large gap in the sky. These dragons range in different size, different shape, different colors and power. But all of them shared the same look in their eyes and that is destructions.

“We…we have to return to land!” one of the frightful hunter shouted as he succumbed to his fear

Others were running around, rushing to remove the anchor and turn the boat around before they are attacked by dragons. At least on land, there are places to take cover but out in the open sea, they are basically sitting duck.

“Wait!” changmin shouted “we can’t go back! We have to close the gate”

“Close the gate?” a hunter asked “How? How can we close something in the sky and in that size? It’s best we return to land young master…it’s safer then here at sea”

Everyone seems to agree on this matter as loud chattering filled the air. Changmin could tell everyone is fearful and nervous about the whole situation. But regardless, they can’t just leave the gate open or more disasters will pass through the tear in the sky. He glared at them as they all quickly became quiet.

“The pillars” he pointed to the 6 pillars that are still glowing “those pillars as the key to opening the gate…if we destroyed them…then the gate can be closed”

Everyone turn their attention to the pillars, it sounded easy but they all know that it’s not as easy as words make it. All of them were nervous unsure if they will be able to destroyed those pillars. It’s not like these dragons that have crossed into this time will sit still and let them do it.

“I know all of you are scare and worried…but if we don’t close this gate, billions will died…this world as we know it will collapsed…the people we care about will be killed” said changmin

Everyone look at one another still uncertain but they weren’t going to give up without a try. Upon their agreement, Changmin turn to Yoochun

“Is there a way to destroyed those pillars?” changmin asked

“Those pillars were built long before I was born…they are made of ancient materials that are hard to fine and hard to break…these were built by the water dragons so for a fire dragon like myself…I won’t even know how to destroyed it…the only one who could possibly close the gate is the one who opens it”

“Yunho…” changmin mumbled this name with hate “he isn’t here…he has lost his sanity…we can’t waste any time looking for him…we will have to find a solution our self…”

As they were talking, a dragon saw them in its line of sight as it flew toward them roaring loudly causing the ocean to tremble. Yoochun took to the air and prevented it from attacking them. After realizing that Yoochun is also a dragon, the other dragons averted its attention to the lands far away. It flew passed them as a strong gust of wind follow after causing the ship to rock violently. The other dragons that recently emerged also followed the others toward land.

“This isn’t good! They are going to attack the city!” changmin shouted “stop them with everything you got!”

All the hunters activated their scales and attacked the dragons that are flying over them to draw their attention toward them. Yoochun flew to the front and created a large fire wall preventing other dragons from getting through. Loud roars echoed throughout the night as they made a swift U-turn toward the ships below.

“Create a shield now!” changmin commanded

A few hunters’ steps forward as they combined their strength to create a shield around the ships to protect them from attacks. Meanwhile Yoochun and the other hunters fought against the dragons with all their might. While a fight is taking place, no one seems to notice something larger making its way out of the tear in the sky. Unlike the other dragons, this one was much bigger as its white scales shines a rainbow light.

A flash of light could be seen within a cave in the middle of a large cliff far away. It was the same cave that Yunho first brought jaejoong to as he is shoved up against the rough surface of the rocky wall. He felt his back ached as the roughness of the wall poked him. The pain on his neck was unbearable as the wound on his chest still bleed. He let out a painful groan as a few cough escaped his lips. The tightness around his neck made it hard for him to concentrate…hard for him to breathe as his vision was starting to blur.

“Who are you to me!” Yunho spoke with fury

Jaejoong groaned from the pain as the blood continues to flow from the open wound on his chest. He was in a lot of pain from all over his body. None the less, he still mastered a smile

“What do you think? You can feel it…the pain in your chest…what more can I say”

Upon his words, Yunho only squeeze his neck tighter as his eyes glow brightly. He look down at the wound on jaejoong’s chest and it is the same place he felt the pain on his own body. The only way this is possible is if they shared a tight bond. All kind of things went through his mind and the only conclusion he has was that a taboo offering took place. The forbidden act of giving up one’s heart is the only way both of them will feel each other’s pain. Upon this thought Yunho reached for Jaejoong’s clothing and rip open the torn hole where the knife pierced through. Hidden behind the redness of blood is a flower symbol engraved upon the pale chest. It is both a sign that this is a dragon bride but also a sign that this heart was once part of his own. Yunho slowly lift his gaze and look at jaejoong with resentment. How could he have chosen this person to be his bride? Was he mad to think a man can carry him a child?

“This…must be a trick! There is no way I will choose a man to be a bride..!”

“Believe it or not…it’s the truth” said Jaejoong through painful breathe

Yunho seem to pause a bit before speaking “If you are the bride that I have chosen…for you to pull this trick means you have stand against me, to prevent me from accomplishing what I deem is right…You betraying me…!”

“Betray?” jaejoong chuckled painfully “have you forgotten what you had told me before?”

***Flash back**

“Jaejoong ah…” Yunho spoke his name softly “Whatever happens…become my light….even if the days will become dark…do not waver…do not panic….do not be afraid…just be who you are…be calm…and find a solution…I trust in you”

***End of flash back***

“This is the solution I found…” said Jaejoong “it may not be the right one…but it is a start…using the connection between us was the only way to draw your attention…to stop you from making a mistake”

Yunho only glared at him as he tighten the hold he had on Jaejoong still feeling like he was betrayed by the bride he had chosen. Rather than standing at his side, rather than being with him to create a new world…he chose to protect the human race…chose to stop him. Jaejoong coughed and gasped for air but it was difficult. He was also loosing blood making him weak and pale, he barely have any more strength left.

“You call it a mistake… these people have committed sins…that have done nothing but do bad deeds…they have polluted the world…destroyed countless lives…brought forth a terrible end to my kind for centuries…you think killing them is wrong?”

Jaejoong wasn’t able to answer right away as he tried to catch his breath “killing a few bad people isn’t wrong…killing billions…killing millions of innocent people that have nothing to do with the bloody past…that is wrong. The people you wish to kill…the people who have done you wrong…they have sense long passed…these people now knows nothing about the past…knows nothing about dragons living among us…they know nothing about the bloodshed that took place…so they do not deserve to be condemned by what their ancestors did…”

Yunho became angry with what Jaejoong had said as he tighten the hold. Jaejoong felt like his neck was going to snap as it became even more painful and harder to breath. His vision became even more blur as his consciousness faded in and out of darkness. He even felt his body become lighter as if he is about to slip away, his soul about to leave the body and into a higher plane. Just as he is about to lose consciousness, Yunho finally released his hold on him. Without the only support he had to keep his body standing, he falls to the ground. The minute his body collided with the ground, he let out a painful groan as it caused the wound on his chest to bleed even more.

“It is because of their ancestors that they must pay regardless if they knew of the past for not!…even if they had nothing to do with the bloody past…they have plenty to do with what is happening now…this world is already falling apart on its own…I’m only helping to speed up the destruction so a new world can be created…a world where my race will once again ring superior…”

Jaejoong coughed and gasped for air as his entire body ached all over the place making it impossible for him to speak as his neck throbs endlessly

“This world will fall…even if you are the bride I chose…if you chose to stand against me…” Yunho’s eyes started to glow as he looms over jaejoong “I will take back my heart that is inside you…”

Jaejoong look at him a bit before he started to chuckle

“Is this amusing to you?” Yunho asked

“You mind as well just take it…at this moment…death seem to sound much better then living and having to deal with your bull”

“If that is what you want…” Yunho’s lip curved into a smile “then I’ll gladly grant it”

Yunho’s eyes glows once more as he bends down toward jaejoong. Without any warning, Yunho’s hand glows and went into jaejoong’s chest where his heart lies. It was more painful than the knife wound on his body as jaejoong groaned showing an expression of pure pain. He could feel a hand gripping onto his heart and slightly tugging it making him want to shout in pain but he kept his mouth shut. He bite his bottom lip until it bleed enduring the agonizing pain.

“Since death is more pleasing…since you show no appreciation of me giving you life…I’ll gladly take it back...” smirk Yunho as he started to move his hand

Jaejoong bite down on his lip even harder tearing the skin even more as he groan painfully. He quickly grab onto Yunho’s hand and stopped his movement

“if you want to take back the life you gave me…I won’t stop you…but I am begging you...don’t destroy this world…don’t kill all those innocent people…there may be those who have done wrong…but there are more of those who are trying to find a way to save what is left of this world…you can’t…you can’t kill those hope…” Jaejoong spoke through painful gasp of air “If…if you were to do this…once your sense…once it all comes back…You…will regret…you will feel remorse…you will be sadden…I don’t…I don’t want that…I don’t want to see…to see you blame yourself….I have never begged you for anything…so I am begging you now…please don’t do this”

Hearing him said these words, Yunho paused as he look at jaejoong strangely “Even at death…you are still begging for the mercy of this world…do you not care about your own life?”

Jaejoong chuckled a bit as bits of blood dripped from his lip where the skin had torn “my life? What about my life that is worth caring for? Compare to others…I have not done anything great…all I did was create chaos everywhere I go…I am one of those you call sinners…I have done more bad things then you can count…I am more deserving to be condemned than anyone else…someone like me didn’t deserve to be protect by you…”

Yunho’s eyes twitched “You…”

He suddenly felt a pain in his head as all sorts of memories flashed before his eyes. It was like a loud echoing in his head making it impossible for him to ignore. It constantly rings giving him a headache as he shook his head to try and get rid of it but it was useless.

***Flash back***

Jaejoong turn to face Yunho who only glanced at him in disbelief “why…why would you do this?”

“you saved my life…” spoke jaejoong as he walked around to the back of Yunho “I can’t do much but I want to at least do something for you…even if it’s as little as removing the sword…”

“you will die…”

“that may be…” jaejoong reached for the handle of the sword as he grip it tightly “but…there is something that you made me believe in….”

“What is that?”

Jaejoong smiled “you will protect me…”

***end of flash back***

Yunho felt his head throbbed painfully that he removed his hand from inside Jaejoong’s chest as he gripped the side of his head. He let out a pain groan as if something inside him is stirring, trying to take control. His eyes begin to glow as dark mist emerged surrounding him. Dragon scales once again begin to appear on his arm. Seeing him like this, jaejoong wasn’t sure of what to do. He wanted to help calm Yunho down, but his body was too weak. He barely able to move his feet none the less his arms. His vision had finally blurred as his consciousness slowly faded. Even seeing Yunho in a state of chaos, he wasn’t able to do anything for this dragon who had done so much for him.

“Yunho…” jaejoong spoke with a faint smile “I promised to protect you…no matter what happen…I promised not to let you fall…I wanted you to trust in me…believe in me…but…I failed…please forgave me”

***flash back**

He only took a few steps when jaejoong spoke “Yunho…”

Upon his name, Yunho turn around to face jaejoong but he became speechless. Standing there before him surrounded by city lights is a beautiful bride smiling as bright as the sun.

“I will protect you…no matter what happen…I will not let you fall…so trust in me…believe in me…I will never betrayed you…”

***end of flash back***

The minute he saw jaejoong closed his eyes, he felt a sense of panic surfaced.

“OI! I’m not done talking to you!” Yunho snapped as he regain a bit of control over himself

This time jaejoong didn’t respond to him

“Don’t think that this trick of yours will fool me!” he shouted

Once again jaejoong made no movement

“Wake up!” Yunho shouted once more “Don’t think that I will care if you died! I’ll just toss your body into the ocean and be eaten by fishes!”

The minute he heard the sound of Jaejoong’s heart beat came to a sudden stop, his whole body trembled. He quickly scoop him up from the ground and dashed toward the opening of the cave. He dive into the ocean along with Jaejoong in his arm as they sink further into the ocean body surrounded by coldness. His eyes started to glow a dark golden color as the water around them begin to light up in a beautiful blue color.

***flash back***

“I am not weak…I am not someone who can easily be kill or taken…I’ll struggle…I’ll fight with everything I have...I may not be strong like you or able to shoot out water or summon a storm…but I can protect myself…I need you to try and believe in me as well…for one thing I am not a woman I am a man…” said jaejoong as he reached down to pick up the knife that was left behind as he turn to face Yunho with a confident smile ”Who knows…I might even be the one who have to keep you out of trouble and protect you from danger”

***end of flash back***

Jaejoong thought for sure he had died but when he opened his eyes he was staring at the rough rocky ceiling as he felt a sense of warmth coming from the side. It took him a few seconds to realize that he is still in the cave and have not passed on to the other side. He slowly turn his head and gaze into the burning fire near him, keeping him warm. He felt his body no longer ached and breathing became easier this time around. Even the pain on his chest had disappeared as he looked down and noticed the wound have completely healed. The only thing he felt was a bit of headache as he slowly pulled himself into a sitting position and noticed that he is completely . The only thing covering him was the long jacket that Yunho wore. At the thought that Yunho saved him even though he couldn’t remember him, made jaejoong happy. He looks around the cave and couldn’t see the blue dragon anywhere as he grew worried. Just how long have he been unconscious? What happen to Yunho during the time he was asleep? The last image he saw before he lost consciousness was Yunho in pain as dark mist begin to emerge surrounding him. Without any clothes, Jaejoong put on the long jacket and wrap the front around his body before tying the loose belt around his slender waist. Without any shoes, he begin to walk toward the large opening of the cave as a huge gust of wind blew pass causing his hair to sway back and forth. He looked from the left to the right and there was no pathway to lead up or down from this cave. He turn his attention to the sky and noticed the rainbow aurora lighting up the night. It was a beautiful sight to see as it is reflected upon the surface of the calm ocean water. To him the scene was familiar as he had a flash back to the first time he meet Yunho. Their first meeting wasn’t smooth at all, he was a total pain in the and Yunho wanted to kill him by taking his heart back. They were constantly arguing, having fights but no matter how much trouble he brings, Yunho never abandoned him but was set on protecting him. If he really think about it, it was thanks to Yunho that he changed. All those anger that he use to have…all those desires of wanting to make everyone else’s life miserable had all disappear. It was as if that heavy weight that he have been carrying upon his shoulders have vanished making his body lighter and free. All he can focus on now is the blue dragon who made him feel safe…make him feel important…make him feel like he no longer have to fight in the street to survive.

Another cool wind blew pass him as he felt the coldness pierced through the jacket and touch his bare skin making him shiver.

“Are you going to push me off the cliff like the first time we meet?” Jaejoong asked as he slightly turn around and sees Yunho standing there with his cold gaze “Im guessing I should thank you for saving me life”

“Don’t get me wrong…I didn’t do it for you” he spoke in a cold tone of voice

“Either way…you still save me so I am grateful…”

Yunho didn’t say anything and only gaze at jaejoong staring at him from head to toe. The way the wind blows, the way it causes the jacket to sway revealing Jaejoong’s smooth pale thigh created an unbearable itch inside him. Now that he looks at him carefully, the shape of his body, the beauty of his face, the softness of his hair and the warm touch of his skin awaken a strange desire inside him. A desire to tease as his lip curved into a smile and reaches out his hand

“Gave me my jacket back…”

Jaejoong stood there a bit surprise before he too smiled “I don’t have any clothes on me so spare me your jacket for the time being…”

“That won’t do…I don’t like people taking things that belongs to me”

“It was you for use it as a blanket to cover me…so I take it as you giving it to me”

Yunho’s eye twitched but still kept his smile “It was temporary…now that you are awake and fine…I will need it back”

“If I give it to you…I’ll be bare…are you sure you want a man walking around you?” jaejoong grinned

They both stare at each other, one not backing down from the other as a gust of wind blew into the cave. It caused the fire to be extinguished as darkness filled the small room shrouding them in shadows.

“That solved the problem…if there is no light…I won’t have to see your body…so return me my jacket” said Yunho

Jaejoong figure this is just going to be a pointless argument as he sigh and started to undo the knot on the belt. Yunho stood in the darkness and watches him. Even if the cave is shrouded in dark shadows…with jaejoong standing at the entrance way, the moonlight and the aurora illumined his body making it clear for him to see. He quietly watches as jaejoong undo the knot of the belt and let it hang on the sides as the jacket became loose. Every seconds that passed made the itch inside him stronger as he developed a sense of thirst, a desire to reach out and touch that body before him as if he had already tasted it before. Jaejoong was about to remove the jacket when he sudden felt a cold chill run through his body. Yunho who was standing a few feet away is now right in front of him standing only an inch away. Before he could do anything, he was grabbed and pulled further into the cave.

“LET GO OF ME!” jaejoong shouted

Yunho shoved him to the ground near the fire as jaejoong struggled to escape. He kicked Yunho away as he turn around and attempted to crawl but Yunho pushed him down as they struggled with each other once more. Yunho manages to pin down Jaejoong’s hands refusing to let go.

“What are you doing?!” jaejoong shouted

Yunho smiled with clear intentions reflected in his eyes “what do you think?”

His smile, his voice and the words made jaejoong’s body shivered as he became nervous.

“If you dare to do anything, I will break your arm” jaejoong glared

Looking at his angry face, the way his big eyes turn sharp of rage only amused Yunho even more. From the beginning to this point, jaejoong has yet to show any fear. Even at death knocking at his door, he still smiles as if it’s normal to accept it willingly.

“I’m starting to understand why I might have chosen you as my bride…” spoke Yunho

Jaejoong didn’t say anything

“Not only are you beautiful but you are also fierce…not afraid of death…not afraid of anything”

“You are wrong…” said Jaejoong

“Oh?...”

“There is one thing I am afraid of…”

“And what might that be…”

Jaejoong look directly into Yunho’s eyes as he spoke “Loosing you…”

Yunho became a bit surprised as he paused unsure of what to think

“Rather it’s loosing you to the darkness or losing you to death or even loosing you to that …I can’t help but be afraid…afraid that I won’t be strong enough…afraid that I will fail to disappoint your expectation of me…fail to protect you…afraid that you will no longer wish to be stand at my side”

Another image flash before Yunho’s eyes, it was one after another as the usual headache returned. He constantly sees images of Jaejoong speaking to him, smiling…laughing…being angry and going against death to save him. Staring down at Jaejoong once again stir up all kind of feeling inside him that is unexplainable.

“Yunho…” jaejoong spoke softly “You are probably lost at the moment…unsure of everything…but I will find a way to help you…everything will be okay at the end…”

Seeing his confident smile made the itch inside Yunho grows. Acting out of pure instinct, Yunho slams forward, locking his lip against jaejoong’s lip. His movements were aggressive like an animal who has been starving for days. The kiss was forcefully surprising Jaejoong who struggled to be free but both of his hands have been pinned down making it impossible for him to push Yunho away.

“Yunho…stop!” jaejoong manages to say between breaths

Yunho however show no desire to stop, in fact the desire to do more grows as the itch in him become itchier.

“YUNHO!” Jaejoong shouted

This only made Yunho angry as he pulls back “you said you wanted to help me!! So let me embrace you! Let me feel the touch of your skin! Let me feel the beat of your heart! Let me see why I would choose someone like you to be my bride!”

His expression was desperate, almost like a lost child trying to find answers to his questions…trying to find the right way back. Jaejoong laid there and look at him with sorrow as he stop struggling

“Is this really what you want?”

“Yes!”

With a deep sigh, Jaejoong spoke “Very well…come…if your heart don’t remember…then maybe your body will” he smiled

Meanwhile, back at the ships…Changmin and the others were still busy fighting the dragons, preventing them from reaching land. A few more ships had already been sunk as they struggle to keep these dragons within one area. While some are focused on the dragons, others were doing what they can to try and destroyed the 6 pillars. Down below locked in a room, MinSeok look outside through the small window. Seeing all these dragons coming back made him excited while the rest of the people in the room were fearful for their life.

“Is this the kind of outcome you had wished for it to be?” Byungchul asked

“Indeed…in fact…it had exceeded my expectation” Smile MinSeok

ByungChul was quiet with a displeased look on his face “You promised that I will be spear….that I will live in the new world…is that something you can still guarantee me now?”

“Can’t guarantee…”

Byungchul became enrage as he stood up “You lying little baster!”

“I did not lie…the only way you could have lived in the new world is if you were made immortal…however you chose to awaken the old man…chose to use the old man…which backfired on you…causing you to lose the golden heart, lose the only change you got at walking in the new world”

“It was you who stated that the blue dragon needed to come to the dark side…it was you who stated that he will help us achieve our goal and that he wouldn’t care if his bride was to be killed since he doesn’t remember him…so why did it turn out like this?”

MinSeok smiled “he did help us did he not? He opened the gate…allowed the past and present to blend as one…but I guess there was a small miscalculation…I didn’t expect the connection between them to be so strong that it will still awoke something in him to make him act that way…”

“It’s not that you don’t expect…this whole time...you were also using me…you never planned for me to become your partner in creating a new world…”

MinSeok did not deny nor did he say anything else as ByungChul burn with rage. He knew from the start that this man could not be trusted but to him to confirm it made him angry. He wanted to beat up MinSeok but with his hand tied and feet tied, there was no way he could do anything. Just then the boat rocked to the right violently causing everyone to falls over. A second later the boat rocks to the left as everyone falls to that side. The scale that MinSeok had in his possession falls out of the large bag he had tied to his waste. In front of everyone, the scale begin to glow a bright rainbow light. It was pulsating as if it is resonating with something, maybe its original body. Upon seeing this, MinSeok’s smile widely with great joy

“It’s here…it’s finally here! The first king of all dragons…have finally arrived!”