Chapter 4

Dragon bride

Please comment, upvote and subscribe if you enjoy reading this story!!

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Changmin sat there in the room still trying to register everything. As much as he wanted to understand everything, he just doesn’t see how a past could take hold of a present. So far everything sounds farfetched like some made up story. How could this perfectly normal family have a past of hunting dragons none the less called Dragon slayer? How could he possible take arms and fight against a dragon who is most likely going to win? How could he even possibly turn his back on a dear friend and take out his heart for his grandfather?

“As much as you want to run away…you won’t be able to escape destiny…it will eventually catch up to you at the most unexpected way and time…no matter how much you adore jaejoong…no matter how strong you want to hold onto your friendship…eventually everything will fall into its rightful places...” spoke the grandfather as changmin didn’t say anything “the bloodline ends with you changmin ah…you are the last and the only hope of this family…it is your duty…your rightful role…”

“Enough!” Changmin shouted as he stood up abruptly “I don’t want to hear any more about destiny or faith or that I am to fight against my best friend! I won’t turn my back on him! I won’t allow the past to influence my action grandpa…If you really want his heart…if you really want to hunt him down…” changmin glared at his grandfather “you can do it on your own…but be warn…you will most likely have to fight against me first…”

With that being said changmin grabbed onto his crutches and made his way toward the door. His grandfather didn’t say a thing as he watched his favorite grandson excited the room as the door closed. He only took a sip of his still warm tea before turning his gaze toward the multiple pictures of dragons that hangs on the wall. He stopped in front of a painting of a beautiful blue dragon with golden eyes.

“No one can escape their faith…by choosing a bride…by emerging from your hiding…even you won’t be able to escape your death Dragon of the sea…prince of the deep blue…” the grandfather spoke to himself as he smiled widely

Changmin walked down the hallway in frustration as everything that he grandfather spoke to him replay in his head. Everything was getting to him making him even more frustrated that he ends up tripping over his own crutch before falling to the ground. He banged his knee as he groaned in pain.

“are you okay sir?” one of the maid asked as she attempted to help him but he only slapped her hand away in anger as he recalled what his grandfather had said to him.

“It is your destiny…this is the role you have been given....a role that you must carry out till the end...you will have to fight…take the bride and bring me his heart…you are… after all a decedent of a long line of dragon slayers changmin ah…”

Changmin managed to pull himself into a sitting position as he hangs his head low

“As much as you want to run away…you won’t be able to escape destiny…it will eventually catch up to you at the most unexpected way and time…no matter how much you adore jaejoong…no matter how strong you want to hold onto your friendship…eventually everything will fall into its rightful places...”

An image of jaejoong flashed before his eyes as he slammed his free hand upon the wall in anger startling the maid who quickly hurried on her way. He remembered his grandfather as being the kindest person he had ever known. Even his own parent did not show him the amount of love and caring as his grandfather. He would always listens to changmin’s complaint, give him advices, comfort him, get him anything he wanted. His grandfather had always taught him to love and respect others, to treat everyone how he wanted to be treated. And yet after one dragon shows up revealing that a dragon bride existed, he completely turns around and asked changmin to kill someone. How can this person who speak of killing…speak of ripping out the heart of another human being be the same grandfather who will held onto his hand tightly with warmth and kindness.

Changmin clinched his fist tightly “I won’t let it happen…I will protect jaejoong…I will never hurt him…never….” he thought to himself with determination.

Meanwhile Yoochun stare at Yunho with excitement reflected in his eyes as he pointed to jaejoong “your bride…I want him to become mine…making him moan under me doesn’t sound so bad” he grinned

Suddenly out of nowhere a cold wind blasted against Yoochun causing him to close his eyes. When he opens them again he was taken my surprise for Yunho has appeared right in front of him. It gives him little time to react as Yunho conjured water upon his hand and with a quick move he attacked Yoochun. It sent him flying a few feet before regaining his composer but before he could even defend himself Yunho has appeared right behind him. By the way Yunho’s golden eyes were glowing, it sends chill down Yoochun’s spine. It was eyes of fury. With one hard punch to the face, Yunho ends up knocking Yoochun down by force and into the water below. Yunho floated in midair waiting for Yoochun’s next move. Jaejoong on the other hand only stood there in complete shock. He couldn’t believe how his normal life suddenly turns into something out of a fantasy movie with power and dragon.

Bubbles started to appear from the water below as smokes begin to surface. In one quickly move Yoochun flew out of the water below and conjured fire before sending a few of them toward Yunho who dodged all of them. They both clashed with each other sending a blast of strong wind everywhere. It even shook the cave that jaejoong reside in as dust started to fall from the top.

“OI….don’t forget I’m still in here!” he shouted

His words went unheard as Yunho and Yoochun clinched onto each other’s hand tightly glaring at each other. To Jaejoong it was like watching fire and water fighting each other to see which element will win.

“Neh Yunho….I gotta hand it to you…you picked a very beautiful bride regardless of his …usually I do woman but with him…I don’t think I’ll have any problem being turn on…just imagining his face flushed red underneath me is quiet arousing…” spoke Yoochun with a grin as Yunho became even more angry.

His eyes glow more intense as the energy in him grew stronger and stronger. Rather than scare Yoochun was more than excited to see this man unleased his true power.

Jaejoong who was watching the whole thing suddenly felt a sting upon his heart. It grew more painful by the minute as he pulled down his shirt and notices the flower marking started to glow a golden light. It went from being painful to it feeling like he is being burn. The mark felt like someone was branding him with a hot iron. Just then he heard a blast from above and sees both Yoochun and Yunho conjuring their power to fight.

“!...give me a break!” he cursed as he dropped to his knee

“Your little bride down there doesn’t look too good” spoke Yoochun

Yunho looked down toward jaejoong and noticed the painful look but because he took his eyes away from Yoochun, it gives him the upper hand. A punch landed against Yunho’s cheek as Yoochun kicked him and then conjured fire before blasting him with it. These attacks sent Yunho flying as his back collided with the side of the cliff as he groaned in pain. This sudden impact caused the entire cave to shake once more. Rocks, dirt and dust begin to fall all over jaejoong as he found it hard to even breathe unsure what he is experiencing.

“It seem you have forgotten something very important Yunho…” spoke Yoochun as he floated in the air “a bride is not only chosen to breed but it is also to serve as a restraint….the more power you use…the more energy you try to pull from within…the more painful it will be for the bride because to use your full power mean to take what was given to him or her…”

“What…is he talking about?” jaejoong asked still feeling the burning sensation

Yunho didn’t say anything as Yoochun continue “half of his heart that he give you contain half of his energy…it is through that energy…through that life force that is keeping you alive…if Yunho were to one day loose his cool and draw out all his energy…he will be taking those energy that is inside you…and when that happens…” Yoochun slide his thumb across his neck “You will instantly die…”

Jaejoong’s eyes widen in shock as he turn to Yunho “Is this true?!”

Yunho floated from the hole on the side of the wall that he crashed into with a calm expression “Yes…it’s true…”

“This is also the reason why so many dragon bride fell into death…it’s because dragon cannot control their desire for power…when they engage in battle…they want to become stronger…become more powerful thus killing their bride…” spoke Yoochun

“Why do I have a feeling like you are talking through experience?” jaejoong asked with a nervous grin

Yoochun’s eyes started to glow as he smile sinisterly as a confirmation they he too have killed his choose bride. Yunho took a deep breath and tried to calm himself. At this moment Jaejoong felt the pain on his chest started to disappear as the golden light faded away. He turns his attention back to Yunho

“Who exactly is he?” Jaejoong asked feeling like he could breathe again

“Park Yoochun is part of the fire clan…”

“Yes I could already guess that much…but do other dragons usually go around taking other dragon’s bride?”

“no…” answered Yunho as he remember Yoochun and him growing up together. They use to be able to get along well however as they got older their status become more clear and everything changed. Yoochun started to hate him, look at him with eyes of anger. Since then they have been fighting none stop.

“Once a dragon has marked his bride, no other dragon can take them…that were the rules that were set forth among the dragons…but he…” Yunho paused a bit before answering “he sees me as his rival…always trying to take what belongs to me…trying to defeat me…it could be that he also hates me for the decision that I made on that day…”

“What do you mean?”

“I ran away…left everything behind and disappear…”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything thinking that even dragon have their own personal issues to deal with.

“I guess…that does explain why he isn’t holding back? But is he always this crazy?”

Yunho didn’t say anything at first before answering “No…he was a true friend…but mistakes were made and could not be taken back…it changed him as well as me…”

Jaejoong remain quiet as he look at Yoochun a bit nervous

“Don’t worry…I won’t let him take you nor will I cause you anymore pain…I’ll fight him without using my power if I have to…” spoke Yunho as he kept his gaze upon Yoochun preparing himself for hands on combat.

Jaejoong turn his gaze from a serious Yunho to Yoochun who still smiling like a mad man. Even he could tell this guy is strong. If Yunho doesn’t use his power, there is no way Yunho could win against such an opponent.

“This is getting interesting…this is the first time I had ever seen Yunho care for another person…” thought Yoochun as he reached out his hand. In a few seconds a large ball of fire appears floating above his hand as the light reflected upon his skin.

Even Jaejoong could feel the sudden heat coming from the fire that is continuing to grow larger and larger by the seconds.

“Let’s see how you will survive this without using your power Yunho!” shouted Yoochun as he sent the ball of fire toward Yunho and jaejoong.

As it got closer it became hotter and hotter. Jaejoong felt like he was being burnt alive. Suddenly Yunho blocked him and wrapped his arms around jaejoong shielding him.

“Everything will be okay…” Yunho whispered into Jaejoong’s ear as the fire struck them. The heat was intense however jaejoong wasn’t burning. In fact he didn’t even feel his flesh burn other than the heat surrounding him.

Yoochun floated in midair as he watched his fire filled the entire cave with flames. Without using any power, there was no way Yunho and jaejoong could have survived that. As the flame disappeared, Yoochun descended down toward the cave. The inside was burnt however to his disappointed the two bodies he had hoped to see weren’t there. He turn his gaze back out with a smile

“Teleportation huh? To think you were able to pull such a move at the last minute” thought Yoochun

Gummy had once again dropped by Jaejoong’s apartment and once again meet with disappointment. She had tried contacting jaejoong and even changmin but no response. Even though changmin said they were on a trip somewhere far away, deep down she is still very worried. She had come by often to see if jaejoong had return to the apartment and like this morning, there was no sign of life inside. Gummy let out a sign before turning around and started to walk away wondering when she will see jaejoong again. Suddenly she heard a loud thud coming from inside the apartment. She quickly went back and bang on the door

“Yah! jaejoong ah! Are you inside?!” she shouted “If you are open the damn door! I have a bone to pick with you!!”

She continues to shout and bang on the door for a few minutes before the door finally open as a distraught Jaejoong appear. He looked like a mess as if he had just gotten done fighting

“You…don’t tell me you got into trouble again?!”

Without any words, jaejoong pulled Gummy inside and slammed the door shut before locking.

“yah! what are you doing?!” Gummy asked as jaejoong continue to push her forward and into his bedroom

“You are a nurse! Do something about him!” Jaejoong spoke frantically

It was at this moment when Gummy looked toward the bed and notice an unconscious man lying down with his back completely burnt along with his clothes and skin. Blood were already emerging from the open wound as his expression looked to be in a lot of pain. She quickly tossed her bag at jaejoong and removed her trench coat.

“Get me lots of towels and bowl of cold water!!! Right now!” she shouted

Jaejoong nodded his head as he went to get the stuff that Gummy had asked of him. It took them a good hour before the bleeding could be stopped and other few more hours to clean up the wounds put ointment onto the burnt skin and bandaged him up. Multiple towels lying on the ground is drenched in blood as the bedsheet is now stained in crimson. After noticing the painful expression disappearing, Gummy let out a long sigh.

“Well he be okay?” jaejoong asked

“I hope so…we should bring him to the hospital right away…I’ll call up my friend to get a room ready” she took out her phone when a voice spoke

“Don’t…I’m fine…” said Yunho

“You do not look fine!” said Gummy

“I don’t…want to go to the hospital…” said Yunho before falling into unconsciousness

Gummy turns to jaejoong as they exchanges uncertain looks. After pulling a blanket over Yunho, they exited the room to give him peace and quiet to rest. Gummy immediately grabbed onto jaejoong pulling him to face her

“Who exactly is he?! What were you doing these last few days?! How did he get injure so bad?!” she asked with a serious look on her face

Jaejoong couldn’t even figure out where to start.

“Tell me jaejoong!!” she snapped feeling all the anger inside her emerging

“That guy is Jung Yunho…he is a dragon…surprisingly I’m his bride…he kidnap me few days ago and held me captive in a cave in the middle of nowhere surrounding by the sea…earlier we got attacked by another dragon…a fire dragon…apparently I’m too beautiful that even he wanted me so they both were fighting each other and he got injured protecting me…to escape him he teleported us back into my apartment…”

Gummy only looked at jaejoong strangely before grabbing him by the ear twisting it “Yah! Do you really think I’ll believe that load of crap!! You must have gotten into some real trouble this time!! Even changmin lied to me that you two went on a trip when in fact you were never on a trip were you?!”

It took everything in jaejoong to yank his ear away from her as he groaned in pain “Whatever changmin told you…it’s the truth…”

“Don’t lie to me! I’m tire of your lies!!”

“I’m not lying…I came home earlier and found him past out in front of my door…being the hidden good person I am…I took him side…”

“Lies! I came earlier and no one was home!”

Jaejoong wasn’t sure what else to say as he started to panic unsure how to explain everything to her without revealing too much. At this moment Gummy also noticed the wound on jaejoong’s arm. It was slightly bleeding. She reached out and grabbed his hand

“You…got injured..?” she asked

“Don’t make it sound like I never get injured…by now you would have gotten used to it”

Gummy squeezed jaejoong’s arm tightly as she lowers her gaze causing him to groan in pain.

“Let go! Let go Gummy…its hurts! It really hurts! You are squeezing down upon the wound!” shouted jaejoong

“Yes…you are right…” she spoke without letting go “it’s not like I haven’t seen you got injure below…you do nothing but get into fights…get into trouble every night…always covered in wounds…always calling me to come and patch you up…but…”

Jaejoong notice her body shaking as a single tear touched his arm

“But…you disappeared for 2 days…not as much as a word…not as much as a goodbye…I was worried…so worried…I was scare that you might have died somewhere…all alone…” Gummy started to cry “and yet here you are standing before me…injured once again but I wasn’t able to come help you…you didn’t call me like you usually do…” She let go of him and punch him on the chest lightly “You jerk! You bad jerk! You got me so damn worried!! If I knew you will keep causing me to be like this I wouldn’t have saved your life back then! I would have left you starve to death on the cold street!”

Jaejoong quickly pulled her into a tight hug “Sorry Noona…I’m so sorry…I’m the one at fault…I’m sorry so please don’t cry…”

“Did you eat properly?” Gummy asked between sobs

“Yes…”

“Did you sleep in a nice comfy bed?”

“Yea….” Jaejoong lied

“You didn’t get injured anywhere else did you?”

“No…”

“Were you…alone?”

“No I wasn’t…I was surrounded by lots of people…”

Gummy was quiet as he pulled away from jaejoong and wiped her tears “next time you pull the disappearing act…I’ll kill you”

Jaejoong smiled at her “I know…”

“Come on…let’s get that treated” said Gummy as she wiped her tears

Once the wound has been treated, Gummy grab her bag “I have to go to work…call me if you need anything else”

“yea…thank you gummy”

Gummy shook her head “no…thank you for returning alive…”

With that being said she exited the apartment. Jaejoong closed the door and let out a heavy sigh feeling completely drained. It was one thing after another giving him little time to even think about anything. Even the fight scene between Yunho and Yoochun earlier still replays in his head. To think that a fight between dragons will shake the very ground he stand on is scary. The power that was unleased before him is unbelievable. He walked toward the living room and spotted his carton of cigarettes. He took one and used his spare lighter to light the end as he inhaled the smokes and release it into the air. This was the best feeling he had ever gotten these last couple of days. He opened the window and leans upon the frame before releasing the smokes into the air. To be able to see the familiar surrounding was great. He was more than happy to be back home and away from that cave surrounded by the forsaken sea.

Jaejoong placed the cigarette between his lips and inhale the smoke before releasing it into the air once more as he stare into the cloud cover sky.

“Now what am I going to do?” wondered jaejoong “As much as I love to stay here…I get this feeling like I can’t stay here long especially with that guy” His thoughts lead to changmin’s wellbeing as he wished that he had installed a ground line for phone call. With his only means of communication broken into pieces, there was no way he could check up on changmin.

“I wonder how he will react if I told him that dragons does exist and that he was right…this marking is a marking of a dragon bride….he will for sure laugh at my face…” thought jaejoong “Even I want to laugh at myself for being in this kind of situation…”

After smoking a good 2 cigarette he walked toward his bedroom and slightly opens the door to check up on Yunho. Upon hearing the soft sound of him sleeping, jaejoong seem to be more at ease.

“One minute he tried to rip out my heart…he then pushed me over the cliff….and now he saved my life…just what exactly does this guy feels toward me….is it hates? Does he feel like he is obligated to watch over me because this heart thing?” wonder jaejoong before digging his longs slender finger through his locks of hair “now I feel like I have cheated him…”

As much as jaejoong hated him from the start, he can’t help but be thankful for Yunho saving his life. Without any hesitation he used his body as a shield to protect him. It’s been a long time since he last seen anyone unafraid to die to protect someone.

He remembered what Yoochun had told him earlier as he gazed at Yunho with an uncertain look.

“a bride is not only choose to breed but it is also to serve as a restraint….the more power you use…the more energy you try to pull from within…the more painful it will be for the bride because to use your full power mean to take what was given to your bride… half of his heart that he give you contain half of his energy…it is through that energy…through that life force that is keeping you alive…if Yunho were to one day loose his cool and draw out all his energy…he will be taking those energy that is inside you…and when that happens…” Yoochun slide his thumb across his neck “You will instantly die…”

Jaejoong can’t help but feel like Yunho is at a disadvantage if they were to come across Yoochun again. Will they even be able to survive a second time?

Changmin’s grandfather is still in his study room going through a few books when his phone started to ring. He reached for his cell phone and answers it knowing very well who is on the other end.

“What do you have for me?” he asked without as much as a hello

“He has return…” came a man’s voice who has been watching Jaejoong’s apartment since the day it was discovered that he is the dragon bride

The grandfather smiled “and the dragon?”

“I didn’t see him but most likely he is inside as well…earlier a woman went inside and came back out a moment ago…”

“I see…”

“What is your further instruction Mr. Shim?”

“For now…let them be…report to me of any sudden movement”

“Yes…”

They hang up the phone as the grandfather wheeled himself away from the desk and stopped in front of the large painting of the blue dragon with golden eyes.

“I had always dream…always wishing that I will be the lucky one to set eyes on you and now my wish has been answer…to make it even better you have created a dragon bride….soon…both of you will be in my hand…a heart to give me immortality…a dragon’s head to show the world what I am capable of…” he grinned before leaving his room with a plan in mind.

Changmin sat in his room staring at his phone. He dialed jaejoong’s number and once again he reached an automatic message. He sighs before tossing his phone to the side and laid his back upon his bed staring into the ceiling. He kept recalling everything his grandfather had told him about the family’s history of slaying dragons. For one thing is this even possible? How could mere human face off with a large beast great in size and power?

An image of Yunho appears in his head as it started to make since. If the dragon stays in human form then there is still a chance of winning. But even in their human form, they are still very powerful. According to everything he had read since he was a child, people use sword and shield to fight a dragon. In this century will they also use the same thing or would a gun be more affective? It is said that dragons are weaker at the heart. If you can strike their heart, they will die. At the thought of fighting against a dragon and killing it seem to excite changmin a bit. He immediately sat up and shook his head getting rid of that thought. No matter what he will not become what his ancestors were, he will not bear arms and fight a dragon nor would he attack his friend.

Suddenly his cell phone started to ring. He looks at the caller ID but did not recognize the number. From the look of it, it must be one of those payphone out on the street.

“hello? Who is this?” Changmin asked

“Changmin ah…it’s me” came jaejoong’s voice

“Jaejoong! yah! is this really you? I’m not dreaming am I?!”

“Will you stop shouting over the phone…” snap jaejoong

“S-sorry…it’s just…it’s a great relief to hear from you again after what went down a few days ago…I can’t help but be worried thinking he killed you or something”

“Yea I thought I was going to die as well but he didn’t kill me…”

“Is he with you?” changmin asked “tell me where you are? I’ll come to help you”

Jaejoong sigh “He isn’t with me and I don’t need any helping…I’m perfectly fine…in fact…I’m back home now…”

“Then I’ll come over right now!”

Jaejoong recalled what Yunho had warned him about before how changmin could be the death of both him and Yunho

“Don’t…don’t come over…” said jaejoong

“Why?”

Jaejoong wasn’t sure what to say as he scratched the back of his head. Even though he know changmin is a good guy, he can’t help but be bothered by Yunho’s warning.

“I don’t want to drag you into unnecessary trouble like I did before…” he remembered seeing changmin suffer the blows for what he did. Even thinking about it made his stomach turns

“Hyung…I don’t blame you for what happens…it was my decision to help…”

“Yes but…if I had listened to Gummy and not interfere then none of this would have happen…”

Changmin smiled “You were only looking out for Gummy…it’s your nature to want to protect those close to you…you could be a bit extreme but you are doing it your own way…no one will blame you for it…”

Jaejoong was quiet before he spoke “how…are you?”

“Other than a broken arm and leg, I’m fine…the doctor says it will heal in a couple of weeks…”

“Sorry...” jaejoong apologize once again.

“How about you? are you...okay? he…didn’t do anything to you did he?” changmin asked

Jaejoong recall getting pushed off the cliff and being kissed in the water “of course he didn’t…do you really think I will let him do as he pleases…”

Changmin was quiet doubting that nothing happen “neh jaejoong ah…” he clinched onto the cell phone tightly remembering what his grandfather had said to him “be careful….”

“What do you mean?”

“Just be careful…there…might be people out there who…is looking for you…who…might want to harm you….do bad things to you…so…be careful….don’t let your guard down…”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything as he took a puff from the cigarette between his lip before releasing the smoke into the telephone booth which was forbidden “thanks….for the warning changmin ah…I have to go now…”

“hyung…will I see you tomorrow?”

Jaejoong paused as he smiled “Yea…”

With that being said Jaejoong hangs up the phone before exiting the booth and look up into the sky wondering if changmin has already know the truth. He started to walk a few blocks back to his apartment but when he got closer a familiar voice appear from behind.

“Well…Well…if it isn’t Kim Jaejoong….I haven’t seen you around here these last couple of days…I thought for sure someone had finally put you in your place…” a young man with bright blond hair spoke as a few of his underlings appear and surrounded jaejoong “I’m glad that you have crawled out of your hiding place…there is still a few scores I need to settle with you…”

Rather than afraid jaejoong only took a puff of his cigarette before releasing the smoke into the air and flicked the buds away. His full pink lips curved into a smile feeling like he needs to let out some steam.

After the fight jaejoong finally return home feeling refreshed as if all the worries has disappear. He entered through the front door and tilted his neck to the side to crack it before noticing that Yunho has already awoken. He was slouching in the middle of the hallway panting showing an expression of pain.

“OI…you shouldn’t be up and walking around” said jaejoong as he walked to ward him

Yunho glared at jaejoong before rushing over to him. He reached out and grabbed jaejoong by the shoulder and slammed him against the wall as jaejoong let out a sudden groan of pain.

“You!...you never learn do you!” snap Yunho as he look at jaejoong with eyes of fury

“What are you talking about?”

“Don’t think I didn’t know what you just did! At moment like this you should have lay low and yet you went out and created a scene…”

“Are you…spying on me or something?”

Yunho tighten his grip upon jaejoong’ shoulder causing him to groan “I don’t need to spy on you to see what you are up to…just that heart of yours is enough to tell me what you are feeling…what you wanted to do…is it that much fun to create trouble…to fight others…to have the urge to beat them into a bloody mess! Did everything I said mean nothing to you?!”

Jaejoong was starting to get irritated as well as he yanked Yunho’s hand away from him and glared at the dragon before him “It’s exactly everything that you had told me!…everything that went down since the day you took me away that is frustrating me…I started as normal child…my life was normal…it be may not be the best but it was normal…and yet I suddenly learn that dragon exist…my heart is half dragon…half human…and that I have become your bride…and now people are going to hunt me down to try and rip my heart out…to make matter worst I learn that my best friend might be one of those people who will hunt me and then be attacked by some psycho fire dragon who also want me because he sees you as his rival…do you really think a normal human will be able to just accept everything and say okay lets go on a journey trying to escape death!” he snapped “You had me coop up in that cave for two days…I needed to release some stress…so when a fight came looking for me…I responded back”

Jaejoong walked pass Yunho and set a bag of grocery down which he had picked up a few things to eat

“I should have just killed you…” spoke Yunho

“Yea…yea…me too…” glare jaejoong as he entered the kitchen and open the fridge. It was as empty as he last remembers before finding a few bottles of water. He took one out and drinks it in anger wishing he had bought a few can of beers. He turns around and was going to say something more when he notices Yunho leaning against the wall panting and trying to catch his breath. He was sweating with expression of unbearable pain.

“Oi…are you okay?” spoke jaejoong as he rushed toward Yunho and noticed blood started to emerge from the bandages “it’s because you were moving around too much…you have reopen some of the wounds…”

Jaejoong helped Yunho back to the bedroom and demand he sit down. Surprising Yunho listen as jaejoong removed the old bandages and before taking a wet towel and wipe away the blood as how Gummy had shown him earlier. Yunho only sat there in silence. Through the mirror in front of him he could see the serious expression upon Jaejoong’s face. He was very concentrated at treating Yunho’s back with an expression of concern. Earlier they were arguing, he was angry with Yunho and yet here he is pushing everything aside to still treat his wounds gently and carefully. Even after everything that Yunho had done from trying to kill him…pushing him off the cliff…caging him up on a cave for 2 days and yet he still care for Yunho’s wellbeing.

“Ouch!...” Yunho let out a painful cry

“Stop being such a baby…” jaejoong commented as he continues on with the task before him. After cleaning up the wounds, he wrapped new bandages around Yunho’s torso gently “There done…now don’t move around…just rest and let the wound heals…to think that even dragons could be severely injure like this is unbelievable…I thought you guys were supposed to be invincible…”

“We may be divine creatures with long life and gifted with power however we are still flesh and blood…we will get hurt and bleed the same as human does…we aren’t god after all…”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything a he took the towels and tossed it into the now crimson red water in the bowl. He stood up and sigh “Be a good boy and get some rest…”

He only took a step when Yunho reached out to him and grasped his injured hand “you…got hurt?”

“It wasn’t from the fight in case you are wondering…I just got burn a little…”

The expression on Yunho’s face changed to one of guilt. He had wanted to protect jaejoong and yet at the end he didn’t do enough. He had allowed his bride to be injured…even if it’s just little; it’s enough to hurt his pride.

“Don’t give me that look…it’s nothing I can’t handle…you did a good job protecting me and getting us out of there or we both would have been burnt to ashes…” smile jaejoong as he retreated his hand from Yunho’s grip and pat him on the head taking Yunho by surprise “You did well…thank you for saving me…” he smiled softly once again surprising Yunho.

Jaejoong walked toward the door “I’ll try to stay out of trouble…however…” he turn slightly grinning at Yunho “if trouble comes to me I won’t hesitate to respond…”

With that being said he exited the room and closed the door. Yunho sat there still in a daze as he felt his heart racing. It was a feeling he had never felted before it wasn’t a bad feeling but a nice one as he smiled “Looks like I wasn’t mistaken at all…” he thought to himself

As day became night jaejoong slept on the sofa in the middle of his living room. Yunho who was supposed to be sleeping and resting was awake as he walked down the hallway. He spotted his bride fast asleep. There wasn’t any pillow or as much as blanket to cover his slender body. Yunho placed a blanket he took from jaejoong’s bedroom and covered him. He then turns his gaze toward the balcony door and slides it open as the cool night breeze blew into the room. The large moon hovers above the city as twinkling stars covered the night sky. Yunho wasn’t used to seeing the city in fact things have drastically changed since he last walked on land. Back then there weren’t building as tall as skyscrapers, there were more trees and houses were smaller and closer to the ground. Now he barely sees the mountains, the natures that once covered this land. Even the air here was polluted and no longer fresh. He distastes the smell and the scenery of endless buildings for miles. Yunho turn to glance at jaejoong before looking away. A few seconds later he floated into the sky going as high as he could and spotted a large lake not too far away. He flew there before landing on the ground. He felt the sting from the back as he groaned a little. Yunho walked toward the edge as he kneels down and dipped his hand into the lake.

“At least they kept this lake clean and well……” thought Yunho as he stood up and removed his shirt.

He undo his bandages before walking into the lake until half of his body has been submerged. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. A light started to shine before the whole lake glows beautifully. A few seconds later the water started to levitate into the air surrounding Yunho before touching his back. Like magic the water was starting to heal the burnt wound on yunho returning it to its original state while repairing the broken skin.

The next day a plane arrived at Seoul international airport as a young man exited the flight. He dragged along with him a single luggage wearing a sunglass. Once he exited the airport, he stood outside until a black car pulled in front of him. The driver quickly exited the car and greeted the young man before taking the luggage and places it in the trunk. He then opened the door for the young man to enter.

“The old man better have something worthy of me coming back here…to even demand I get on the next flight here is little too much…”

“All Mr. Shim told me is that it’s very important…” said the driver

“It better be…I left behind a lot of works…”

The driver pulled the car from the curve and drove down the street. After driving for a good 30 minutes they arrived at Changmin’s grandfather’s house. The young man enters and was lead to a room toward the west wing. When he opened the door he came face to face with Changmin who was as surprise as he was.

“Junsu?” spoke changmin wondering why his half-brother will be here who is supposed to be in the US.

“Welcome back Junsu…I’m glad you are able to make it” spoke the grandfather

“You must be up to something if you called both me and changmin here….what exactly do you want or planning?” ask Junsu

The grandfather only smiled sinisterly.