Chapter 3

Dragon bride

Please Upvote, subscribe and comment!! :)

____________________________________________

“Going forward you will become my bride…In exchange I will give you half of my heart…this will mean that your life will belong to me…as long as you remain pure and kind…this heart will keep you alive…however…if you were to commit sins…cause harm to others and succumbed to darkness…I will take it back and you will die….it will also serve as a connection between me and you…Where ever you are…no matter how far apart we will be…I can sense you…I can feel your own heart beat as much as you will feel me….when you are in trouble…I will know…I will feel it and come to you…” the dragon spoke as his eyes started to glow “Will you accept this faith?”

The little boy nodded his head. The beast reached over to him and with the tip of his nail he touched the boy’s chest as it started to glow. A few seconds later the boy felt his chest started to sting as if it’s being burn. He groaned in pain and before long a flower emerged over his heart

“This is proof of who you truly belong to…a reminder that your life is no longer your own…”

Yunho stood on top of the cliff gazing down to the water below. He waited for a few minutes but did not see jaejoong emerge from the water. Suddenly he felt a sting in his heart as if something has poked it. He placed his hand upon his chest and only smiled

“For someone who had forgotten….he sure do remember how to call me for help…” thought Yunho as he walked over to the edge and jumped down toward the water below.

He swims deeper until he spotted jaejoong slowly loosing consciousness as he continues to sink deeper. Yunho reached jaejoong and pulled him close to his body. Without any hesitation Yunho leans forward and planted his lips upon jaejoong’s full lip. As if life was being put back into him, jaejoong slowly open his eyes. Upon realizing what is going on jaejoong started to struggle but Yunho held onto his hand as he locks lips with jaejoong once more preventing him from escaping. Upon the warmth that is entering his body, jaejoong stopped struggling. It was calming and nice as he closed his eyes once again. The flower upon his chest started to glow a golden light along with Yunho’s own flower marking as they started to rise back to the surface.

Yunho placed jaejoong upon the ground. Jaejoong falls to his knee as he coughed out water and trying to catch his breath. He thought for sure he will drown and die.

“To think you didn’t know how to swim even though you act strong without any we…”

Before Yunho could finish his sentence he felt his body being pushed as his back slammed against the wall. Jaejoong had quickly stood up and grabbed him by the collar of his shirt slamming him with a fury glare. It could be that upon seeing what was reflected in those big brown eyes that caused Yunho to be a bit slower as jaejoong’s fist landed upon his cheek. This took Yunho by surprise; he couldn’t remember when was the last time anyone had struck him. He turns his gaze back to the beautiful man before him as he noticed jaejoong shaking endlessly. There was no doubt about what Yunho saw in those eyes earlier, it was a feeling he never though he will see coming from this man who enjoy violence. It is said that he has no fear, no sympathy, no remorse…no love and affection and yet these eyes looking back at him reflects fear. It was at this moment that Yunho was able to figure out what jaejoong was hiding.

“You…are scare of the sea?” Yunho asked

Jaejoong took a few steps back “I’m…not scare…I don’t know how you come to the conclusion…”he spoke trying to act tough and hide that fact.

“Then why did you hit me?”

“because you….!” jaejoong paused upon remembering the kiss under the water as his felt his body started to heat up It’s…because pushed me off the cliff…I could have died…!”

“A normal human would have died the minute their body hit the water…however…” Yunho look at jaejoong directly in the eyes “you aren’t a normal human…”

“What do you mean?”

“Do you really need me to explain further? By now you would have remember that night…what happen to you”

Jaejoong didn’t say anything as Yunho continue “As long as I am alive…you will not die…”

“This…is a dream…it has got to be a dream…”

“Think of it however you want but this is real…I saved your life that day…in exchange you became my bride and here…” Yunho pointed to Jaejoong’s chest where the flower is located “this heart bares half that you were born with and half of mine…A part of a dragon now lives inside you…”

Jaejoong was quite a bit while looking at Yunho as he let out a sigh before leaning his back against the wall. It’s hard to believe that things turn out this way. But then again he knew that that day he did die. For him to be standing here was strange and now this explains it.

“So…when you say you are going to take it back…you meant your half of my heart…?” jaejoong asked

“Yes…when you were a child your heart beat was to my liking however as you got older the pure rhythm has change drastically beating in a rhythm that is distasteful…”

“If you take that half back…I’ll die”

“Yes…” said Yunho without any hesitation

As the last of the sunlight disappear, Changmin sat in his hospital bed staring out the window as the night breeze came into his room through the open window. It caused his hair to sway back and forth cooling the heat that he was feeling earlier. He recalled the conversation he had with his grandfather and even now he still doesn’t believe it.

*Flash back*

“Jaejoong….a dragon bride?” changmin spoke not wanting to believe it

His grandfather nodded his head as silence filled the room. After a few minutes, changmin started to chuckle.

“You got me there grandpa…you are always one to joke around” he laughed

However his grandfather did not smile nor did he laugh. He had on a serious expression as a sign that he isn’t lying or joking around. Changmin stopped laughing as his smile also disappears. He only continues to look at his grandfather in total disbelief.

“That’s…that’s impossible!” changmin spoke loudly

“It’s possible…when a bride is chosen by a dragon, a marking will be placed upon their body as a sign…isn’t there any strange marking on jaejoong’s body?”

Changmin paused as he remembers back to the flower mark upon jaejoong’s chest. He had just recently made fun of it the other day. To think that that flower symbol could actually really be a marking of a dragon bride is shocking.

“I’ll take your silence as an answer that he does possess a marking…” said the grandfather

Changmin think back to the book he had loved since he was little how dragon bride as hunted for their heart because of the myth that eating it will give human immortality.

“What…do you plan to do?” Changmin asked fearing that the man he loves will end up becoming prey for others.

His grandfather sat there and looks at his favorite grandson. He could tell that changmin is worried and care about jaejoong dearly. However this is their faith…this part of destiny that no one could escape.

“He…will most likely be hunted…”

Changmin clinched his fist tightly “what if…I beg you not do? What if…I asked you to leave him alone…”

“I understand you care for jaejoong shhi….I have seen your friendship with him grow strong both mentally and physically….however I am getting old changmin ah…I no longer have the strength I use to…every day I die a little…I don’t even know how much longer I have left…don’t you want me to live longer?”

“Yes! I do! But…” changmin paused as he lower his gaze “But…not at the expenses of my friend’s life…”

“Being alive means we will have to make some tough decisions….you can’t have both changmin ah…”

Changmin became quiet as his grandfather pressed a button upon his chair. A few minutes later the man who brought him into the room came back.

“The legend has awakened…the hunt will once again start…there is no escaping…”

“Grandpa…please don’t…don’t do it…” Changmin begged

The other guy grabbed onto the handles of the wheel chair as he turn the grandfather away and started to reel him toward the door

“Grandpa!”

“Changmin ah….this…is his faith….he was unlucky to have cross path with a dragon….”

“But he doesn’t know!”

His grandfather slightly turns his head to changmin “that….doesn’t matter…”

“He is my friend!!” changmin snapped

His grandfather look at changmin a bit before turning his head away “When you recover come to my room…I’ll tell you about the role you were given and about the family history you have yet to learn…”

With that being said the grandfather is taken out of the room.

*End of flash back*

A breeze once again danced around changmin as the expression on his face were mix of worry and bitterness not toward anyone but himself. If something were to happen to jaejoong it will be his fault. He should have kept quiet; he shouldn’t have told his grandfather.

“Where are you jaejoong ah?” Changmin wondered.

Just then his cellphone started to ring after being fully charged. He reached for the counter and recognized the caller ID as he hesitated to answer unsure of what to say.

“H-hello?” he answered

“Changmin ah? Is jaejoong with you?” Gummy asked really worried “I have been trying to call him but he isn’t answering…he didn’t even show up to work either and no one had seen him since yesterday…”

Changmin paused a bit trying to put together as excuse not wanting to tell her the truth “Y-yea…he’s with me…”

“Put him on the damn phone!”

“A-ah H…He is sleeping right now…we were drinking all night….”

Gummy paused feeling like something is off with Changmin’s voice “I don’t care if he is unconscious…wake him up”

Changmin cursed to himself wondering what he should do “O-okay...hold on…” He placed his hand over the speaker and took a deep breath “l-looks like he had gotten up and went to go buy more cigarettes…”

“Are you lying to me?”

“Of course not…why…why would I lie to you Noona…”

“Where are you guys? I’ll come there right now...”

“A-ah! You can’t!”

“And why not?”

“We…we aren’t in Seoul anymore…we are…on a trip far away…”

“What? A trip? I didn’t hear anything about this?”

“S-sorry Noona…it was a last minute decision…”

“Why isn’t jaejoong answering his phone?”

“He dropped it and it broke…”

“Why couldn’t I reach you until now?”

“My phone died…it just got charged…”

Gummy was quiet still feeling like something isn’t right but none the less she let out a sigh “tell him to call me when he gets back…”

“Y-yes I will…”

With that being said Gummy hangs up the phone as changmin let out a sigh not knowing where exactly is jaejoong or how to even find him.

“Sorry Noona…I didn’t want to lie…but I didn’t want you to be more worried then you already are…” thought changmin as he turns his gaze toward the window where the moon hovers in the sky. A cool night breeze blew into the room once more as changmin sigh “Hyung...you...are alive right? You aren’t dead somewhere right?” he wondered to himself with an expression of worry.

As the night carried on, Jaejoong sat at the entrance into the cave deep in thoughts as he stares out to the star cover night sky. Even though he’s afraid of the sea, just the soft sound of waves splashing against the rocks below was calming and peaceful. A gentle breeze touched his skin and his hair as it sways back and forth. He felt a sudden chill traveled throughout his body as he shivered.

“I told you to come sit by the fire and remove your wet clothes” came Yunho’s voice as he sat by the fire as its beautiful orange light reflected upon his skin.

“I don’t need it” snap jaejoong feeling like he shouldn’t let his guard down in front of Yunho. After the kissing stunt he pulled earlier, there was no way he was going to strip in front of him. Just then jaejoong sneezed as he shivered once again. Just as he was cursing his life, he felt a blanket placed upon his head. He quickly turn his head and looked up to see Yunho standing there also staring out into the sea.

“Maybe…I did went too far earlier…”

“Went too far? You pushed me off a cliff…” Jaejoong reminded him with an angry glare

Yunho glanced at jaejoong before averting his eyes once more feeling a bit guilty “I’m sorry…” he apologize taking jaejoong by surprise as the anger in him faded. Jaejoong can’t help but feel like the guilty one. Just hearing Yunho apologize make him feel bad like he had just done something horrible. He stood up, wrapped the blanket around his slender body as he started to walk toward the fire flickering in the middle. He sat down and reached out his hand to feel the warmth.

“what? Are you just going to stand there?” Jaejoong asked

Yunho walked toward the fire and sat across from jaejoong as they sat in silence.

“May I ask you something?” Jaejoong asked

“Depend on what you are asking?”

“Are you…the only one?”

“What do you mean by only one?”

“Like…are there other dragons out there?”

Yunho was quiet as he kept his gaze at the fire as its reflection reflected from his eyes. He didn’t even lift his head to meet jaejoong’s eyes making him feel like maybe he had asked a sensitive question.

“There…are others…” Yunho finally answered

“really? can they…also transform into human as well?”

“yes…all dragons can…”

“so…where are they now?”

Once again Yunho was silence for a bit before answering “I don’t know…”

Jaejoong only look at Yunho feeling like maybe he should change the question

“I have heard a bit of your kind from changmin….even a bit about the dragon bride…could it be that you had made a mistake on my part? Shouldn’t it be a woman who should be your bride to bear your children or something like that?”

“Yes…that could be the normal case…”

“I am a guy...I can’t give birth….”

“I am well aware of that…”

“Then why did you choose me?”

Yunho was quiet as he remembers those many centuries of walking in this world before he chooses to sleep deep under the sea. Even though many dragons were choosing their bride, Yunho has yet to make one his. He has been pressured to choose one considering his status among the dragon race however he refused. It could be that no matter whom he encounter or come across, he never found the type of heart beat that will move his own heart. Even though there was some nice one, none of them could truly move him. He never expected that after sleeping deep under the sea for so many centuries would the kind of heartbeat he desire will come finding him in a place no human could descend to. It wasn’t like he made a mistake by thinking jaejoong was a girl; he clearly knew that it was a boy. But he couldn’t just let such a kind heartbeat disappear and died especially when he has been waiting for this person to appear.

“Next question…” said Yunho not wanting to answer

Jaejoong look at Yunho before sighing also losing the motivation to ask any more questions “Why…did you let me go that day?” he asked referring to the day Yunho saved him “You could have kept me at your side?...”

“Human…should live among human…even if I was a dragon…there was no place for me to stay…and a human cannot live under the sea…I figure it’s best you remain with your own kind…not knowing the truth…as long as I can tell you are alive and well…that was more than enough for me...”

Jaejoong can’t help but felt a bit touched by Yunho’s words. He wondered how his life would have turned out if Yunho had kept him at his side. Maybe he wouldn’t have been mistreated at the orphanage…maybe he wouldn’t have run away and get into street fight….maybe he wouldn’t have steal…rob…trashed people’s property or even fight others. He might have grown up to be a well-mannered young man who has yet to commit a crime. But then again it will mean that he will never have meet Gummy and changmin.

“What do you plan to do with me?” jaejoong asked unsure what is instore for him. Would he really be locked up here for the rest of his life? Would he not see Gummy and changmin again?

“I can’t allow you to return…” spoke Yunho “you will stay here…we will eventually leave to somewhere faraway”

“Why? What if I just go a see them for a bit? Say my final goodbye?”

Yunho was quiet before looking at jaejoong directly in the eyes with a serious look on his face “that is impossible…”

Jaejoong was started to get angry once again “and why not?! They are practically the only family I have! I deserve to at least see them once more?!”

Yunho’s eyes started to glow with a cold stare causing jaejoong to stiffen as he shut his mouth

“It seem you have yet to realize the danger…after what happen…what was witnessed…there is no way you can return unless you want to be hunted and have your heart ripped out of you…”

This took jaejoong by surprise “What…do you mean?”

“I am a dragon….you are my bride…your heart consist of both a human and a dragon…people will come hunting for you…for your heart…”

Jaejoong kind of remember changmin telling him the same thing about how eating the heart of the dragon bride will grant immortality. Upon this thought of his heart being ripped out of him caused him to shiver.

“But that…that’s in the past…right now…no one believe in dragon anymore…no one even know that dragon bride exist or that their heart can grant immortality?”

Yunho was quiet as he remembers the fight against changmin. There was no doubt about it, that young man bares a bloodline that he hates.

“There are people who still exist that still believes in the existence of dragon who knows the legend and the myths…don’t just trust anyone so easily…especially your friend”

“Changmin? What about him? why would you say something like that?” jaejoong asked a bit angry that Yunho will assume changmin is bad when in fact jaejoong would rather trust changmin then Yunho.

Yunho look jaejoong directly in the eyes once again as the fire flickers in front of them. The orange glows along with the golden of his eyes made him looked fearful.

“He…will be the death of both you and I…”

Jaejoong’s eyes widen in shock.

The next day changmin was discharged as a car came to pick him up. He felted exhausted for he wasn’t able to sleep well last night. He can’t help but keep thinking about jaejoong wondering if he is okay. To make matter worst he dreamt a terrifying dream of jaejoong lying there in a pool of blood with a dragon holding onto his body with big golden eyes.

“We are almost there” spoke the driver

“Almost there? Where are we going?”

“To your grandfather’s house…he had given me strict instruction to bring you to his place right after being discharged from the hospital”

Now that changmin thinks about it, his grandfather did say for him come to his house after discharging. After another 5 minutes driving, they pulled into the drive way of a large house. It was built with a traditional Korean style with multiple plants surrounding the place. The driver parked the car as he quickly made his way toward changmin’s side and open the door for him. Changmin stepped out with a crutch under his left armpit. He used it as a support as he slowly pulled his broken leg out of the car. The driver closed the door before leading him to where the grandfather is located. It was a struggle getting there and half way through changmin just wanted to throw the crutch away. After walking down the long corridors, they finally came upon a large door. The driver excused himself as he return to move the car. Changmin stood there and sigh before knocking on the door lightly

“come in..” came the voice of his grandfather

Changmin opened the door and enter the room that he had loved since he was a little boy. This place still smells and looked like the same with all kind of dragon paintings hanging on the wall. Endless bookshelves full of books about dragons. He could see his grandfather sitting down at his desk going through a book before lifting his gaze to meet his grandson

“Welcome changmin ah…I’m happy to see that you got discharged” he smiled softly

“Yea…so what is it that you wanted to talk to me about…”

“First thing first…how are you feeling?”

“I’m good other than my arm and leg itching from the cast” he smiled

His grandfather only chuckled before gesturing for changmin to sit down. After taking a seat, a maid came into the room with some fresh hot tea and some homemade snacks. Once everything has been set down, she bows to them before leaving the room. His grandfather wheeled himself toward the other side of the table across from changmin as he turn 2 tea cups over and slowly pour some tea into them.

“based on the heavy bags under your eyes…you didn’t sleep well”

Changmin was surprise that his grandfather was able to pick that up right away when others didn’t.

“This is a special tea that came all the way from japan. It is said to gives help heal your body both physically and mentally….it will also help relaxes you and makes you less tire…”

“I’m not here to drink tea…” changmin spoke wanting to jump right to the point as his grandfather paused before setting the tea pot down “You told me you will tell me the kind of role I was given and the truth about our family…”

His grandfather was quiet for a bit before taking one of the tea cup into his hand “Look around the room…tell me what do you see?” he asked before drinking his tea as the warmth slide down his throat.

Changmin did was he was told “Paintings of dragons…bookshelves with books about dragons…a sword and shield on the wall…basically everything in this room is about dragons…but that doesn’t have anything to do with our family…”

“yes it does…these books were collected by our family for many generations…seeing how many books are in here is how far back the generation goes…the painting of dragons are what our ancestors was able to witness with their eyes….the sword and the shield is what our family used…”

Changmin rise his eyebrow unsure of what his grandfather meant

“Everything here was passed down from one generation to the next incase it is needed…it was passed down to me by my father…him from his father…and now I will pass it to you…”

“What do you mean in case it is needed? For what? I don’t understand….”

His grandfather took a sip from his tea as he lifted his gaze to look at changmin “For many centuries our ancestors has fought against the great beasts that rules this world…they have fought to keep our place…fought to protect our children….but most importantly…they have fought to obtain a heart…a heart of the dragon bride…however finding the dragon bride is like finding a toothpick among a stack of hays…even though they have succeed at slaughtering the beasts…they have failed to find the dragon bride. And now…after so many centuries a dragon has appear and to make it even better you my grandson…have befriended the dragon bride…the first and possible the last….” He smiled with excitement

Changmin became quiet as he clinched his fist tightly still blaming himself for this.

“Running through your vine are bloods that was once used to hunt these beastly dragons…blood that was gifted to us giving us the ability to kill them…”

“I’m not…sure what you mean grandpa…what…are you trying to say?”

His grandfather took another sip from his tea “It is your destiny…this is the role you have been given....a role that you must carry out till the end...you will have to fight…take the bride and bring me his heart…you are… after all a decedent of a long line of dragon slayers changmin ah…”

Back at the cave where Yunho and Jaejoong reside, an explosion appears as smokes filled the cave making its way out through the cave entrance. Jaejoong started to cough as the smoke started to clear only to see Yunho fighting another young man. He remembers sleeping soundless when this strange man loomed over him. When he opened his eyes he felt his body paralyzed unable to move. This strange man reached down toward jaejoong aiming for his chest where the flower marking lies. For the first time jaejoong felted really scare enough to pee his pants. If it wasn’t for Yunho appearing and attacking this man, jaejoong would probably have died.

The young man attacked Yunho as he tried to punch him with a sinister smile upon his face. Yunho managed to block before jumping back. The other guy wasn’t just going to back down as he disappear from where he was standing and reappear right in front of Yunho. He smiled before fire started to emerge upon his right hand. Yunho on the other hand wasn’t scare nor will he lose as he too conjured water. Jaejoong watched as fire and water clashed in the middle before exploding causing a blast of winds as more smokes filled the cave. However Yunho was stronger as the blast sent the other guy flying back and out of the cave. A few seconds later they heard him chuckling before floating in midair. Yunho stood right in front of jaejoong with a serious look upon his face.

“You are strong as always…it’s good to know that those years of slumber didn’t do away with your abilities…but I heard you finally meet someone worthy enough to be your bride…I figure I come to give you my blessing” the young man smiled with hidden intentions.

“Blessing my …I have no intention of being anyone's bride regardless if they are human or not...” thought jaejoong

Yunho only glared at the young man before them “Park Yoochun…” he spoke as he started to bare his sharp teeth while his eyes glows brightly.

From the look of it Jaejoong could tell Yunho dislike this guy. Not to mention the overflowing feeling of danger coming from this guy name Park Yoochun. Even jaejoong could tell this guy isn’t a normal person. Base on the red and orange glow of his eyes, there was no doubt that this guy may also be a dragon possibly a deadly one.

“You make it seem like my friend is dangerous but it looks like you also makes dangerous friend” grin jaejoong

Yunho didn’t even look at jaejoong as he kept his gaze at Yoochun “He is not my friend?”

“Really? He surely knows you though…”

Yunho didn’t say anything as he glared at Yoochun “What do you want?”

“Didn’t I say I came to give you my blessing?”

“Don’t screw around with me Yoochun…whenever you show yourself it means that there is something worthy of your taking…”

Yoochun only smiled as his eyes glows “You know me far too well…”

“What is it that you want?”

Yoochun reached out his hand and pointed at jaejoong “your bride…”