Chapter 48

Dragon bride

This is going to be a double update!! this chapter was way to long so I had to split it :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

                 

                      In the dark, an elderly man is out walking his dog along the beach side. He wasn’t aware of the chaos in the middle of the city and only minded his own business when suddenly a large dark shadow looms over him. What follows afterward is a strong gust of wind, causing him to stumble forward as his hate flew into the air and the leash he was holding slip out of his hand. This took him by surprise as he manages to turn his head in time to see a large reptile like body with two large wings dived into the ocean causing large waves splashing over him. The quiet night returned as he felt his body completely drenched and cold. It took him a few second to tremble in fear, quickly picks up his dog and ran as fast as his aging feet can carry him.

Yoochun dives deep into the ocean as he felt his mind become clearer. The large amount of hate and negative energy were being washed away by the magical essence of water. To human it may not serve much purposes but to dragon, it’s a life saving grace. As he become calmer, the control of his body return to him as his body glows a bright light. A few seconds later, his dragon form started to change back to his human form. He continues to sink lower and lower with his eyes tightly closed as his body relaxed and his mind became stable. He thought back to the white scale that he saw, glowing a rainbow light. As beautiful and enchanting it was, it was also very powerful and dangerous. He had never seen anything like it before. In all the years that he had lived, compare to all the enemies he had fought….none could compare to the energy that resides within that scale. If one single scale emitted this much power….it’s even more fearful to imagine the dragon it came from.

The rain was still pouring down heavily as all the fires has been extinguished. Even without the raging flames, there was still chaos everywhere. The area has been blocked off for miles as all civilian who lived close by has been evacuated for safety. Policemen surrounded the place as red and blue flashing lights light up the night. Everyone who was awoken from their slumber were in a state of confusion, terror and full of curiosity. After helping Yoochun escaped, Yunho found himself surrounded by a great number of hunters. They have been fighting endlessly, many had already fallen by Yunho’s hand but these dragon hunters continued to appear. He had tried to go find his bride, but every steps he takes, his advancement get blocked and pushed back. At this point he knew that finding jaejoong is the least of his problem. What he needs to do now is take care of these hunters and distract them from his bride who had entered the enemy’s nest. He stood on the ground gazing at all the hunters that had surrounded him with their weapon drawn and their dragon scale activated. Yunho can feel his chest become tighter as his body trembles. It felted like another being inside him is fighting strongly to take control, to drive him into a state of madness. Not only do he have to fight these hunters, he is also forced to fight against himself, taking on two battles was taking its toll on him both mentally and physically. The more he fights, the longer this dragged on…the more he seems to lose to this darkness inside him.

Meanwhile, Jaejoong and Changmin searched throughout the place but wasn’t able to locate Junsu anywhere. At some point they end up meeting up with MinJun toward the west side of the large house.

“Any sign of him?” Changmin asked as he tried to catch his breath

Minjun could only shook his head as changmin lower his gaze becoming even more desperate then before. He can’t help but put this blame on himself. Seeing his guilty look, jaejoong lightly touched his shoulder to gain his attention.

“We will find him…don’t get lost in your thoughts at a time like this”

Changmin look into his big brown eyes and felt his touch upon his shoulder. He felt his body become stiff as those images he saw earlier continue to replay in his mind like a torture. Unable to endure it much longer, he took a step to the side as jaejoong’s hand slip off of his shoulder.

“L-lets continue our search” said changmin trying to hide the ugliness that was about to surface

“We have already search most of the house…where else can we look?” Minjun asked

“Could it be that he has been capture and taken away?” Jaejoong asked

Upon this question, changmin and Minjun became quiet as they too were wondering the same thing. If Junsu really was captured by MinSeok and taken away, their chance of finding him is close to zero.

Changmin suddenly realized something as he turn to the other two “Where is YongHwa? Did you see him?”

Minjun shook his head once more as changmin’s expression darkens. There are too many things happening all at once that made him want to go on a killing spree to vent out his frustration and anger. If he must, he will tear this place down from the roof to its foundation in order to find Junsu. Yes, they may have their differences…they have their hate and disagreement but at the end, Junsu is still his blood brother even if they only shared half.

“I know it in my guts that Junsu is still here somewhere…” said changmin with confident

“How will you know that?” Jaejoong asked

“We are brother….I can feel that he is still here….just trust me…”

Jaejoong nodded his head “MinSeok is a secretive and unpredictable man….he should have some hidden places here that we don’t know about…maybe junsu had found it and taken shelter….” spoke jaejoong as he begin to think “Maybe…hidden rooms? Secret passage way?”

“Junsu did mention a secret room…” spoke MinJun

“No…I highly doubt he is in there” said changmin “Knowing Junsu…he would not hide in that kind of place while Yoochun went crazy…if anything he would most likely go to where Yoochun is…but he didn’t….”

“Then he is here…but something or someone is keeping him from coming out…” said Jaejoong

He begin to think about the situation about what could have kept Junsu from going to Yoochun from trying to help him. If it wasn’t MinSeok…there was only one other person he could think of but at the same time he hoped it’s not her otherwise this problem has gotten even worse. While he was deep in thoughts, he didn’t realize the approaching danger from the darkness behind him. It wasn’t until changmin shouted his name did he realize what is about to happen. The expression on changmin’s face was that of horror as jaejoong quickly turn around in time to see a long sword flashes from the light outside. He manages to dodge it at the last second as changmin quickly pulls his arm. Jaejoong was pulled and then pushed behind changmin who stood in front of him protectively. The attacker launched forward toward them, giving little regards to whom changmin is as he swing down his sword. Changmin was prepare to take the hit and jaejoong was prepare to just shove him aside to take on this fight. However, Minjun took out his double blades and countered the attack forcing the attacker back before either of them could take action.

Changmin look at the hunter before him and spoke “You are so daring to try and attack me…do you even realize who I am?!”

The dragon hunter only sneered at him “I know very well who you are…young master….heir of the shim bloodline…”

Changmin glared at him even darker and disliked the tone of voice that is being used “You know my status…you should know all dragon hunters must obey the main house…any betrayal is death!”

“That is the case when your grandfather was still the leader and when all orders were still in place…compare to you…your grandfather and the leaders before him were strict and fearful…they show no mercy…only power and fear to govern the entire shim family…they insured dragon hunters still remain in the shadows and forced them to be loyal and respectful….but ever since you took charge…you changed everything….you abolished the rules that governed everyone….change the status….and unknowingly allow dragon hunters to be free of whom they want to serve…and you young master…you aren’t worthy of my loyalty…you are weak….too easily distracted….you took over with an alternative motive other than to lead the family….I can see it in your eyes that your heart is not where it needs to be….anyone who chooses to follow you is a fool…”

This made changmin angry as he clenches his fist tightly. Just thinking about the number of hunters and family members that had turn against him made his blood boiled. Remembering those hateful words that was spoken of how he is too young…how he is inexperienced…how he can never be a good leader to the shim family made him burn with rage. Unknowing to him, the scale in his chest was starting to glow a faint light. But the minute MinJun steps forward and raised his sword, changmin had calmed down as the scale’s light disappeared as quickly as it came.

“The only fool I see here is you who is not able to see what a great person the young master is…you fail to see his potential…fail to see his kind heart….you spoke ill of him…but from what I see…if it wasn’t for him…you wouldn’t have this freedom to choose your master…so you should be thanking him”

After hearing these words, the dragon hunter only glares at him with hate as he gripped his sword tightly.

“Young master…let me deal with him…you two quickly go” said MinJun

Changmin turn to him “Will you be alright?”

Minjun nodded his head “Do not forget that I am also a dragon hunter as well…you do not need to worried…it is more important for you and jaejoong to get out of here and quickly find Young master Junsu…”

Changmin nodded his head “Very well…I’ll leave it to you…no matter what…you come back alive…”

“Yes…”

“That is an order…don’t you disobey” said changmin sternly

This tone of voice took Minjun by surprise but his lip curved into a smile “yes…”

“Let’s go jaejoong” said changmin as he grabs onto his arms

“I’m not going anywhere!”

“Minjun can handle him alone…we have a more pressing matter to take care of right now”

Jaejoong of course refused to leave but seeing how determined Minjun is on fighting this other dragon hunter, he could only agree and follow changmin down the hallway. What is more important now is to find junsu, they can’t be wasting their time here when time is not in their hand. As they ran down the hallway, the hunter attempted to give chase but Minjun blocked his pathway as their swords collided sending sparks every time the blade touches. With a swing of his double blades, the other hunter jumped back to give them space.

“You are no fool, I can tell you are highly trained and strong… yet I wonder why you will choose the young master…”

“Dragon hunters for many centuries were breed to protect the shim family….to be their weapon against dragons….we were taught at a young age to always be loyal to the Shim family…to always respect and protect them at all cost….this is what I am doing….I am upholding the value and teaching of our ancestors….but you…why would you betray the main house? What can you gain from this?”

“A new beginning where I will not hide in the shadows…a beginning where I can govern my own path…live how I wishes…obtain what I wanted with no rules and no restrictions with nothing but wealth…”

“That is a selfish reasons…”

“Is it?” the hunter smile bitterly “…Being forced to become a dragon hunter even though there were any dragons to continue the family legacy…having our existence erased…living our life in the shadows…that is selfish…” spoke the hunter “…having gone through such a terrible life….I had made a promise to myself…if given a chance of freedom…I’ll take it…and then I’ll use this blade and kill the leader of the shim family….”

Minjun no longer speak as he only scowls at the hunter standing across from him. Both his blades started to light up a green color as the dragon scale in his possession started to glow.

“If you want his head…you will have to go through me first” said Minjun

The other dragon hunter could feel the strong force of energy from Minjun but that did not faze him as he also prepare to fight. He activated his dragon scale as his own blade begin to glow a purple color. They fought against each other showing no mercy with the intent to kill. Their strength were equally matched and even the power of the dragon scale was equal in power. As they fought, strong gust of wind is created as force of energy caused the windows to shatters and walls to break. Having given an entrance way, the rain poured into the hallway as Minjun had driven the hunter outside under the falling rain. The hunter were gasping and panting while Minjun show no sign of being exhausted and this angered the hunter. His hand that is tightly gripping the handle of his sword was starting to shake from all the fighting against Minjun. From the look of it, he is no match for this hunter who is clearly more superior then him. He held onto the handle of his sword tightly mastering all the power he could from his scale. His entire body glowed a purple light as lightening flashed across the sky. Minjun lifted his head up and came to realize that the scale in that guy’s possession is one from a thunder dragon.

“You may be strong in combat….but let’s see how you do with lightning!”

Minjun was taken by surprise when lightning struck down from the sky toward him. He quickly dodged it but another came. It was one lightening after another causing him to dodge and block. He used the power of his scale as thick woods and roots came out of the ground sheltering him from the lightning. However this earth power is no match against the raging lightning. While he was struggling, the hunter’s face twisted into that of a mad man laughing loudly. With all his might, he summoned a large lightning as it flashes brightly before striking down toward Minjun. With his blades, he uses the power of the scale as it glows a bright green light. With this, he manages to block the powerful lightning, but the bright light was blinding. He had to squint his eyes to prevent it from being damaged as the hunter took this opportunity to attack as he rushed forward with his blade. Before Minjun could do anything, he felt a sharp pain in his abdomen. When the lightning finally disappeared, he saw the face of the hunter not too far from him and a sword pieced through his body as the liquid dyed his clothes red. Minjun coughed blood as he gripped onto the hunter’s blade tightly. The hunter steps forward and smile widely

“You are strong…but this prove who is more superior….but considering that we were colleague, I will not send you to the other side alone…Once I caught up to the young master, I’ll reunite you both…” he grinned

Minjun had his head down and did not move or said a word, almost like a corpse who has lost his soul.

Jaejoong and changmin had gone upstairs to the second floor. With all the chaos outside, this floor was very empty and dimly lit as they casually stroll down the hallway debating on their next plan. Changmin was talking while jaejoong had been awfully quiet, just observing and listening to the tall man who is a feet ahead of him. Just then jaejoong heard voices and loud footsteps coming from the other hallway heading toward their direction. He reached out and grab onto the back of changmin’s shirt before pulling him into an empty room and closing the door. This took changmin by surprise who was about to speak but jaejoong had covered his mouth with his hand and gesturing for him to keep quiet. After a few seconds, the footsteps became louder as chattering could be heard from the other side of the door. They were so close that changmin could smell the sweet vanilla scent coming from jaejoong. Being in this empty and dark room, changmin could feel the deep desire in him rising. The hot breath from this beautiful man near his face was only making it worst as his body started to heat up. He can feel his lips become hot under the touch of jaejoong’s hand. It took everything within him to control his burning desire of wanting to push this man down. They both stood quiet until danger have passed and changmin quickly pushed jaejoong away. He took a deep breath and try to calm himself as the burning sensation of where jaejoong touched still remain. His heart was racing like he had ran a few miles. If they were in that position any seconds longer, the situation could have gotten out of control. Before he could fully collect himself and calm his beating heart, jaejoong had rushed toward him once more and gotten very close and personal. What happen next surprised him even more as jaejoong grabbed his shirt and lifts it above his chest, showing his bare well-toned honey color skin. His face immediately went red as his body became stiff and his eyes widen in shock. He had dreamt of situation like this countless time but for it to happen now, made him wonder if he had fallen asleep or did jaejoong really lift up his shirt to look at his chest?!

“J-Jaejoong! W-w-what are you doing?!”

When those big brown eyes meet his own, the look inside wasn’t what he had hope for but rather it was filled with rage. At this moment, changmin realized something, the secret he had kept to himself has just been exposed. The little black shard of a scale shines from where his heart lies, perfectly embedded into his flesh. Upon seeing this Jaejoong frown deeply as his eyes become darker and more cold. He knew something wasn’t right but to actually confirm it made him speechless.

“J-jaejoong…I…I can explain…” changmin’s stuttered

“You…what have you done?!” jaejoong asked in rage

Changmin quietly shut his mouth and looked down, trying to avoid his gaze as what he wanted to say were swallowed back upon the fierce voice ringing in his ear causing his body to tremble in fear.

“I understand what you wanted to do changmin….I get it that this was your way of trying to help me….pretending to be our enemy….taking over your grandfather’s position…acting as if you are hunting us while secretly trying to destroyed everything you grew up with….but this…this…I CAN’T UNDERSTAND!”

Upon the rise of his voice, changmin shivered and became even more silent.

“You know this stuff better than I do….you know the risk of putting a scale directly into your flash…what is worst is that you place it directly over your heart! Are you trying to get yourself kill?! If you wanted power…you could have chosen to place it on a weapon, on a bracelet or necklace…something or some place that doesn’t involve your own flesh…”

Changmin still kept his head low and refuses to speak. It wasn’t like it was his choice to place it there in the first place. Due to his mistake, the shadow dragon chose that place as a way to give him the strength and power he needs and at the same time as a way to remind him that this life will end once everything ends.

“ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!” jaejoong snapped as changmin finally looks up to meet his gaze but this frighten him, it scares him to see the man he love looks at him this way causing his body to shudder

“I have always regard you as being smart…but this…this is probably the dumbest you can do!”

Jaejoong finally let go of him and took a step back as an awkward silence filled the room. He turns his back to changmin and walks further into the room before violently kicking the chair nearby as it flew and crashes against the wall. He then digs his long fingers into his locks of hair in frustrations trying to control the rage that is spiraling out of control. Even though changmin knew that he had angered jaejoong, to see him this mad was a sign that jaejoong do care about him and this made him a little happy.

“H-how…did you know?” he asked

Jaejoong only frowns at him “You really think that I wouldn’t notice that little light coming from behind your shirt earlier? Others may not have realize it but I was standing right next to you…the minute I saw that light…I knew right away what it was….but what I didn’t expect was that you didn’t use a full dragon scale but only a shard….that is even more dangerous and life threatening” his expression changed to endless worries with a hint of bitterness and sadness “why…must you go this far? Is it worth you risking your own life?”

“It is worth it!” changmin answered without any hesitation surprising jaejoong “Everything I am doing…what I want to achieved…..all of it is worth me risking my life…there is no regret jaejoong ah”

Upon hearing these words, jaejoong became silent. This is probably the most serious he had ever seen changmin. In the past this young man before him was like a clingy child who never seem to take anything seriously. It was like looking after a younger and immature brother. But right now that young child like man is no longer there, what stands in front of him is a man who had made his choices and is ready to fork over his life to protect what is dear to him. After a long silence, jaejoong finally spoke with a deep sigh

“Tell me…which dragon is it from?”

Changmin hesitated a bit, fidgeting with his fingers unsure of how Jaejoong will take it if he were to reveal which dragon this scale came from. After a long silence he finally told him in a soft and low voice “it’s from a shadow dragon…”

The minute he mention these words, jaejoong’s eyes widen in complete shock “Soonjae….you…that night…you took his scale?!” he asked as his expression became uglier and uglier

“Don’t…don’t misunderstand! It wasn’t what you think it is!” changmin quickly spoke to defend himself “I didn’t pluck it from his body….after….after Soonjae killed himself….I found a shard of his scale on the ground. I took it home…I didn’t…believe me I didn’t plan to put it on me…I only wanted to look at it…keep sake it somewhere safe….but…I needed power….I needed strength…I’m not like you…I’m not that brave nor am I that strong…I’m not confident in myself…I…just wanted to protect you”

Jaejoong felt like his head was going to split open as he messaged his forehead in frustrations “Changmin….I don’t need protection…I don’t need you to risk your life to insure mine is protected….I am not that weak nor am I that dumb…you of all people should have known better”

Changmin lower his eyes and spoke in a soft but bitter voice “You don’t need my protection…because you already have his…”

His voice was so low that jaejoong didn’t hear him as he spoke “You have really changed… It’s as if I don’t understand you anymore…”

Changmin clenches his fist even tighter when these words were spoken. It had ignited the fire that he had desperately tried to push aside for so long “you…don’t understand me?...the one who is no longer understandable is you!”

They have known each other for a long time and this is the first time Changmin had raised his voice at him.

“I use to think that I know you best! I use to think that no one can understand you better than I do…I know your likes… I know your dislike….I know your personality…your tempter….what you wish for…what you desire….you don’t even need to say a word and I still understand what you wanted to do…what your intentions are….You are like a foreign treasure for everyone…written in a foreign language that only I understand…and yet…and yet ever since you became a dragon bride…ever since Yunho appeared….it’s as if the language has somehow changed and I no longer understand you! The choices you make I don’t understand…the actions you take confuses me even more!!…do you have any idea how crazy you have driven me?!...you speak of change….but have you seen yourself lately? The person who changed is you!”

As he shouted the dragon scale in his chest started to glow, emitting a faint light. Seeing such a sinister light coming from changmin’s chest made jaejoong uneasy as he stood there dumbfounded by what was said to him. The pain in changmin’s face made him unable to say anything. The anger inside him had completely disappeared upon looking into those pain filled eyes that was startling to be filled with a thin layer of water. Seeing this made jaejoong feels guilty as he wondered rather he really did bring this much pain to this man unknowingly

“Changmin I…” Jaejoong paused upon looking at how red changmin’s face had become and how bloodshot his eyes became out of rage, pain and frustrations. He decided not to say anymore to drag on this conversation as he let out a sigh “forget it….what is done is done…it cannot be reversed… we need to focus on junsu first...this matter can wait...”

Changmin wanted to say something but he kept his mouth closed and only nodded his head in agreement. He felt his eyes became wet as he quickly wipes it away while turning his back to jaejoong to hide such shamefulness. It’s as if everything that he has been bottling up have finally exploded. Upon seeing him like this, jaejoong only stood there and smirked

“What? What are you smiling about?” changmin asked

“You were always smiling and cheerful…to see you cry, angry to the point of your face turn red and your eyes become bloodshot…is kind of refreshing”

“I…was not crying…”

“Yes you were…”

“No I was not…something…something got into my eyes…”

“Oh please…don’t give me that bull…”

Changmin turn away once more and headed toward the door “Lets…go find Junsu…”

“No need…I had brought him to you instead” came a voice startling jaejoong and changmin

They both quickly turn around and saw Boa standing there by the large window and right next to her is Junsu who has been bonded with his mouth tapped shut. There is a wide smile on her face as a hint of blush is on her cheek from drinking countless glass of wine. Jaejoong couldn’t help but question how did she get into this room without either of them noticing. The window was not open, and he didn’t even notice any movement in the room.

Meanwhile, the dragon hunter removed his blade from MinJun’s stomach with a satisfying smile on his face. He turns around and swings his blade to remove the blood. He then began to walk down the pathway that Changmin and jaejoong had disappeared to with excitement reflected on his face. Nothing is more electrifying than to hunt down his prey and slice them limb from limb. However, just as he took a few steps ahead, he felt an enormous amount of energy surging from behind him. It was enough to make his body tremble and sends a terrifying chill down his spine. He turns around and his eyes open widely in complete shock and disbelief.

“How…how is this possible?!” he shouted

MinJun who should have been dead was still standing. Rather than become weaker from blood loss, he instead gained more energy…more power. A red bright light was shining from him intertwining with the green light as if earth and fire have come together. The coldness in his eyes made the dragon hunter shriek in fear. In all his life, he had never seen anything like this before.

“Impossible…this shouldn’t be possible!” he shouted