Chapter 11

Dragon bride

I trully apologize for my lack of updates!! work has become very busy with new projects!! I'll try my best to update every week but if it takes longer, please forgive me!!!

 

Please upvote, subscripe and comment!!!

_______________________________________________________________________

 

*back before phone call with Junsu*

Changmin looked at YongHwa in complete shock “what do you mean the arrival of the dragon bride?! Why…why would Jaejoong even come here?!”

“What other reason would drive the dragon bride here where he knows he will be in danger?” spoke Yonghwa

Changmin paused as he thought about that question. He highly doubts that jaejoong will come here for him. If anything jaejoong will probably think he is safer here in his grandfather’s house. But other than him, who or what else will lure the beautiful man to his own death. Suddenly an image of Yunho flashed before his eyes. The only reason jaejoong will come here is because his grandfather had done something.

“What…did my grandfather do?” changmin asked

YongHwa seems reluctant to answer

“Yonghwa!! What is my grandfather planning?!” changmin shouted in a demanding tone of voice

“He had met with the dragon of fire…”

This surprises changmin “why…why would he want to meet him for?!”

“He has given the dragon of fire a chance of winning against the dragon of water…your grandfather gave him a special amulet that will help the dragon of fire draw out his true potential…however the dragon of fire still wasn’t strong enough to win. The dragon of water defeated him but was badly wounded thus we took out chances upon your grandfather’s order…we captured the dragon of water and brought him here….”

Changmin clenches his fist tightly in anger. He never expect his grandfather to go this far. He rushes toward the door ready to confront the old man who raised him with love and care. However YongHwa stops him by blocking his pathway

“Move!” changmin demanded

“I know what you are about to do…I advise you to rethink your decision…”

“rethink? There is nothing to rethink…my grandfather has gone mad!”

“Indeed he has…this is why whatever you are about to do will only fuel his anger and drive him into an even crazier….your grandfather is a powerful man changmin sshi…messing with him will put your own life at risk even though you are his grandson…”

“I don’t care!! He can kill me if he wants…he can disown me if he wishes! I am not going to sit around and let him kill my best friend just because of this ridiculous legend of immortality”

YongHwa could tell no matter what he say or do will not change changmin’s mind. This young master before him whom he had watched for many years in the shadow was set on declaring war against his grandfather. At this point should he stick to his duty of protecting this man before him or betray the headmaster who gives him a purpose in life.

“How about we do it this way…” spoke YongHwa as his lip curves into a smile “the best way to protect your friend would be from the inside…you won’t be able to win against your grandfather by joining the outsiders…wouldn’t it be easier to be within and know what your grandfather is planning in order to protect this friend of yours?...you might even be able to use the strength…the power your grandfather has entrust to you to stop him…from what I can see…right now you are just a weak young master who doesn’t have anything to help you win or to even protect your friend…”

*Back to present time*

Changmin stood in front of his grandfather with a serious look on his face as YongHwa stood behind him

“I have done a lot of thinking and I have decided…I will take the lead and get you the heart you desire” he spoke

The grandfather’s lip curves into a smile “and what made you change your mind?…you were so set on going against me”

“I was talking to YongHwa…he was telling me about your illness grandfather…you…don’t have much time left…why did you even hide something this serious from me?”

The grandfather turns to look at YongHwa a bit displease that such thing was discussed without his permission. He was hoping to hide this from his favorite grandson

“My illness isn’t something important…it’s to be expected at my age…”

“Even so…you were planning to just die without me knowing anything? That’s cruel grandpa…”

His grandfather became quiet before speaking “Is it because I’m sick and going to die you decided to help me? Is it out of pity?”

“It’s out of love!” snap changmin with a serious expression on his face “you are my grandfather! You are the one who raised me when my parents are too busy to even hold me…comfort me…you taught me many things and showed me how to live….yes…I love my friend…I wanted to protect him….but you are my family…I can’t imagine my life without you…if…if giving you this heart can prolong your life…give you more time to be by my side then…I’m willing to help you”

The grandfather sat there and looks at his grandson trying to figure out why someone who was so stubborn will suddenly have a change of heart. He wants to doubt changmin thinking this grandson of his is planning something. But none the less he is the only grandson he has, the only true blooded heir to this bloodline. Rather changmin is plotting something or not, he will just wait and see what the future brings. With this thought in mind, the grandfather moved toward changmin and grasped his hand in his with a warm smile

“it will be hard….I understand you treasure him but sadly this is his faith…it cannot be change…if it’s not us…he will fall to someone else…as his friend…as someone who cared a lot about him…it’s your responsibility to end his life with your hand….”

Changmin felt sick to his stomach. He wanted nothing more than to yank his hands out of his grandfather’s grasp but he knew he will have to endure. He smiled the best he could at his grandfather and nodded his head.

“come…follow me…” spoke the grandfather as he wheels himself out of the room and down the hallway.

Changmin glance at YongHwa who only smile before bowing to him. He can’t explain it but there is something off about YongHwa who claims to be assigned as his protector. For one thing someone who is supposed to be loyal to the Shim’s family, he was able to suggest such a plan so easily.

“Is something the matter?” the grandfather calls from the hallway after not seeing his grandson follow him

“Nothing…nothing at all…” Changmin respond before walking passes Yonghwa and joins his grandfather.

When changmin turn back YongHwa was no longer there.

“Don’t worry about him…there is something I want you to see…”

Changmin followed his grandfather down the hallway as they made a right turn and headed the direction of the forbidden wing. Once at the door graced by a dragon, changmin noticed two other people standing by the door. They were dressed in the same black cloak as YongHwa. Upon seeing him and his grandfather they bowed to them to show respect.

“Open the door” the grandfather command

They two guards exchange looks uncertain as to why the sudden change of decision to allow changmin inside. Earlier they were told never to let him inside. The grandfather could see their confusion as he only smiled at them.

“Don’t worry…everything is fine now…”

The two guards bows once more as they open the door allowing both changmin and his grandfather inside. Once in the room, changmin was amaze at how much it changed. The last time he was here, the place was bear and nearly empty except for that large oversized and creepy dragon head. But now the room is filled with all kind of equipment. Large tables were spread across the room, empty book shelves has now been filled as everything related to dragon from his grandfather’s study room were moved into this room. People he had never seen before were walking about as if this is their home.

“This way…” spoke the grandfather as he ventures further into the room

“What…are you doing with all of these stuff?” changmin asked

“These books, pictures, artifacts were originally part of this room…however over the year when dragons became fairy tales…these items were moved out of this room and it was locked away. But now that dragons have once again walked among us…I have ordered to have everything restore to its original state…”

“Grandpa…you…really are serious about this aren’t you?” changmin asked as he still hold onto the little hope he have left for his grandfather to stop.

“Of course…our ancestors have been doing this for so many centuries…now it’s our turn…”

His grandfather led him toward another door that has been heavily guarded with all sorts of security. However before opening the door, his grandfather turns to him. The look in his grandfather’s eyes sends a chill throughout his body.

“Behind this door…lies the history of Shim’s bloodline…once you enter this room, everything you think were childish stories will no longer be stories…it will become a reality…”

“Is that your way of telling me to prepare myself?” changmin asked

“It’s me telling you once you enter this room…you will have to grow up…you will no longer be able to hold onto that childlike heart…”

With that being said the grandfather opens the door and lead a hesitant changmin inside who isn’t sure what he is about to see. When they made it to the other room, changmin’s eyes widen in complete shock. The entire room was filled with all kind of weapons, books, artifacts to magical charms. He recognized all of these things from books he had read as a child. It wasn’t until he laid eyes upon a sword in a glass case did his eyes become even wider in both shock and excitement.

“This…this is the sword!” changmin shouted “The sword used to slay dragons….it is said that long ago, the world was terrorized by a dark black dragon with sinister powerful and desire for human flesh…the people pray for a hero and thus god sent down a man dressed in a silver armor bearing a silver sword that shine brighter than the stars at night…with this sword, he slay the dragon and saved the world….it was one of the best story I had ever read!!” spoke changmin happily

“It was the human who forced the dragon out of his hiding…it was human who killed the black dragon’s child as a game…you can’t blame a grieving father to lose control….” Came a familiar voice

Changmin looked pass the sword in the glass case and noticed someone on the other side chained up. He stepped away from the glass case and once again he is shocked. In the middle of the room, with chains on his arm, body and neck is none other than Jung Yunho. A magical circle could be seen under him as charms are placed upon the chains restricting him. From the look of it he has been wounded with cuts and bruises.

“Human as the tendency to distort history to favor their own kind…that story is a clear example of it…” spoke Yunho

Changmin felt sick to his stomach to see Yunho in this state. As much as he dislikes Yunho, he never imagines that such thing can happen to an all-powerful dragon.

“Then…what is the true story?” changmin asked

“While the black dragon left the safety of his cave to search for food to feed his son, human found the cave and spotted the little dragon who is barely of age….they team up and capture the child, brought him to the village. The king thought it would be fun to kill the dragon to show his power and strength…the king tossed the helpless child into a battle surrounding him with high ranking military officers. The game was to see who can kill the dragon…at the end the dragon child was killed. When the black dragon returned, his son was missing. He could smell the lingering scent of human. When he got to the village it was too late, his only child was killed…thus he lost his mind…with one blow he wipes out the entire village and every in it. But that didn’t care his anger or his grieve…he developed hatred toward human….”

“And the hero that god sent?”

Yunho’s let out a soft but painful chuckle “God did not send to earth a hero…god sent down a curse…”

“How can a curse save the human race and defeated the dragons?” changmin asked

“Look where you are standing…look at your fate…tell me that isn’t a curse” Yunho smiled

Changmin didn’t have any combat because Yunho is right. He turns to his grandfather with a sorrowful expression.

“Is that he say true…is that the true story…?”

“Even if it is…it has nothing to do with you…” spoke the grandfather

Changmin turn his attention to the sword and felt like his favorite childhood story was nothing but a lie. The hero he truly loved and wanted to be like is nothing but a curse that human brought down upon themselves.

“If you are done chit chatting…we must make the final preparation” spoke the grandfather

“Preparation?” changmin asked

The grandfather smiled as he wheeled himself closer to Yunho “You can sense him couldn’t you? Your bride has come hasn’t he?”

Yunho only glared at the grandfather as changmin felt his body turns numb with fear upon the thought of jaejoong reaching the front gate of his own possible death.

Meanwhile outside, the guards at the front gate were confronted by a group of delinquent young men. Base on the look of their face and the weapon they are carrying, this doesn’t look like any random targeting.

“I advise you to move along or I will contact the police” one of the guards spoke

This threat however did little to scare them. In fact it had the opposite effect, rather than scare, they become more excited to see how everything will play out.

“I’m warning you! if you take another step closer, I’ll be force to shoot” the guard took out his gun and pointed to the group of delinquent.

Like earlier this didn’t scare them, especially jaejoong who only found this to be amusing “I will get back what I came here for…try and stop me if you dare”

Feeling like this is a serious matter, one of the guards quickly radio for back up. Within minutes, the front gate is flooded with over 20 guards. From the look of it jaejoong and his group is outnumbered but this didn’t discourage them.

“What exactly are we here for?” one of jaejoong’s man asked unsure exactly what their goal is.

Jaejoong only smile before pointing to the large mansion before them “The old man who lived in that place has taken something that belongs to me! And if you know me well enough…you will know that I don’t like others touching my things”

The man who asked jaejoong only chuckled wondering what kind of old fool will mess with jaejoong. The last time someone took something of his, he sent that person to the ER. That guy was in a coma for a week.

“Let’s show them how to really have some fun…should them what happen when they become naughty” grin jaejoong

Everyone in his group smiled as all the guards at the front gate prepare themselves. All of them took out their gun and aim it to the front preparing themselves for a fight that might end up with lots of dead bodies. Jaejoong stood there and look at the mansion. Even though it’s faint, he could feel it, the connection to Yunho.

A breeze blew pass causing his black silky hair to sway back and forth before raising his hand into the air. As he slowly brought it down, he formed a gun with his finger toward the guards in front of him.

“bang…” he made the gun sound

Within seconds multiple cans were fling toward the guards who look at it in confusion. In second smokes starts to fill the entire place with thick white smokes. This made visibilities close to none as the guards struggled to find the delinquents as they begin to cough.

“Where did they go!!” one guard shouted

Noise of fights echoed throughout the night as guards are being taken down one by one. Without seeing where they are shooting, they hand no choice but to be hold off on firing their gun and instead suffered the hit to the back of their head. While the fight continued, jaejoong had already stepped out of the smoke screens as more guards were called in to assist. He made his way around the house and headed toward the back before coming across a rather large bush.

*Flash back*

“you will need a distraction” spoke Junsu

“Distraction? Why would I need that?”

Junsu sigh “you are the dragon bride…your dragon was capture by my crazy grandfather…as I see it…he plans to lure you to him…if you going there without as much as a plan…you will fall right into his trap and then consider yourself dead”

“So what do you suggest we do?” jaejoong asked

“Like I say…create a distraction at the front gate…knowing my grandfather…he will most likely be ready for you…he will fill that place with guards making it hard to even pass the front gate….but with a distraction…something where they will have a hard time handling…this will cause more guards to be called to the front…freeing most of the area in the mansion…” said Junsu “I so happen to know a secret passage way into the place while the guards are distracted, you will sneak inside…”

Junsu took a piece of paper from the nearby table and a pencil before he starting drawing out the layout of the place “this is where the passage is…once you get through it…follow this map to this wing” said Junsu as he pointed to an area on the map he just drawn

“Why there?”

“This is the forbidden wings…it is my grandfather secret base where everything regarding dragons lays….most likely he will have your dragon there…”

“I see…”

Junsu begin to think “but the hard part is deciding on the distraction…what can we legally do that will be big enough to distract all the guards?”

Jaejoong smiled “it’s not legal but…I do have a plan…”

*End of flash back*

Following Junsu’s direction, jaejoong pushed himself through the thick bushes until he came across a break wall. He looked down and spotted and the secret passage that Junsu spoke of. However to his dislike, it’s nothing but a large hole that kids usually use to crawl out to escape.

“He must be playing with me” thought jaejoong.

He got on his knee and peeks through the hole and noticed another large bush blocking the hole from the other side. Without any other plan, jaejoong crawled through the hole. At times like this he is glade his body is slender rather than large otherwise he probably won’t even fit. Once he made it to the other side he carefully peek out to see if the coast is clear before standing up and entering the mansion. As he got to the back door he could hear all the commotion from the front gate.

“Sorry guys…I’ll make it up to you…” thought jaejoong as he entered the mansion a bit guilty for dragging everyone into this mess.

He managed to get inside before looking around and notice the place has become emptier with the commotions at the front gate. Once he concluded that the coast is clear, he took out the map that Junsu had drawn for him before walking down the hallway. Jaejoong made all the turns that Junsu had noted down while trying to avoid being detected. As he walked down one of the hallway looking at the map, he hears voices coming down from the other hallway. Jaejoong quickly look around to see if there is a place for him to hide before pushing open one of the doors. Luckily it wasn’t lock as he hides in the other room. The voices become louder and louder as two guards walked pass unaware of his presence. Once the two guards turn the corner, jaejoong quietly left the room and went on his way down another hallway until he reached the forbidden wings. The minute he took a step in into that wing, he felt the sudden change of atmosphere. It’s hard to describe it but the air was thicker, the temperature was colder and the whole feel of this wing was completely different as if something sinister lurks in this wing. Everything about it made him uneasy however he continued forward. As he walked down the hallway and turn to the left, he noticed that he has yet to see any guards. The place seems empty like no one had been in this wing for years. Suddenly jaejoong felt a sharp pain in his chest as it become harder to breath. The flower symbol on his chest was starting to glow. It wasn’t bright like before but it was enough light to see the symbol from under his shirt. Jaejoong clenched his chest tightly as he leans against the wall wondering what is going.

The pain was strong like being stabbed as he bends down toward the floor. Just then he heard footsteps coming toward him from behind. It was soft and gentle footsteps as if to show this person was calm. Jaejoong knew he had to hide but where could he hide? He had gone down at least 3 hallways and he has yet to come across a door. He looks around and did not see any doors in this hallway either. It looked like a maze and finding the exit door is the purpose. While trying to figure out what to do, the footsteps become louder as a sign that this person is near.

“!” curse jaejoong as the pain in his chest begin to slowly fade.

The footsteps that jaejoong was hearing came to a complete stop. Everything became quiet and still giving off an eerie feeling.

“jaejoong?” came the familiar voice

Upon his name, jaejoong turn around and was surprise to see changmin standing there looking at him strangely.

“C-changmin ah?”

“What are you doing here?”

Upon noticing that it’s none other than his friend, jaejoong let out a heavy sigh of relief.

“Are you okay?” changmin asked upon noticing jaejoong crouching on the ground.

With the pain gone, jaejoong stood up “yea…I’m fine…”

“You…shouldn’t be here” spoke changmin full of worried toward his friend “you…should go back”

Jaejoong could tell changmin is worried about him but he can’t just turn around and leave after coming this far.

“Sorry changmin ah…even if he is your grandfather…I’m going to kick his ” glare jaejoong

Changmin became quiet having a feeling that Junsu had told jaejoong everything even though he had advice his half-brother not to over the phone earlier.

“you are putting your life in danger….you know what you are….my grandfather knows what you are…in the past he may have look pass your background and even allow you to come over one a while to hang out with me but this time it’s different…he want you….he wants that heart…” changmin spoke full of bitterness toward his grandfather and hint of anger toward himself for not being able to do anything.

“I know…but I can’t sit still and do nothing about it…”

“Is it worth you risking your life? You can just run away right now…I’ll help you find a place to hide far away from here…even if…even if the dragon you are bond to is kill…you will still have a chance to live…even if you two are bond together and connected sharing the same heart…it does not connect you in death…even if he dies, you won’t die with him vice versa…if one half dies…it will only cut off all connection to that half while the other half will continue to live on…”

Jaejoong look at changmin, it’s not like he had never thought about running away. In fact he had but whenever that thought comes to mind, he can’t help but think about what Yunho had done for him. If he thinks about it, he owes his life to the dragon who gives him a second chance to live. On that day when he was drowning, he could see his life escaping his body, he could still remember the feeling of his body going numb and slowly died. At that moment he actually made a wish, a wish to live…and he was granted that wish. Yes, his first meeting with Yunho didn’t go so well but in truth he is indebted to the dragon who had risked his own life to save his.

“Neh changmin…how long have we known each other?” jaejoong asked

“eh? Maybe…4 years?”

Jaejoong smiled at him, it was gentle and warm making changmin speechless “it has been that long already huh? time sure does fly by fast…but…in those years…you should know me very well…running away from a fight…hiding away like a coward….that is not who I am…”

Changmin wanted nothing more than to drag jaejoong away and take him some place far where it will be safe, where there is only him and changmin. But like jaejoong said, changmin knows him too well.

Jaejoong turn around “its best you don’t get involve any more then this changmin ah? I don’t want you to get dragged down with me…”

With that being said jaejoong started to walk away from changmin who clenched his fist tightly.

“Sorry jaejoong ah…please forgive me…” mumble changmin in self-loathing “yongHwa….do it…”

With his command, YongHwa appears from the shadows and knocked an unaware jaejoong unconscious before grabbing his body.

“Take him…to my grandfather…” spoke changmin

YongHwa nodded his head before positioning jaejoong into a bridal style and disappear from where he was standing. Changmin is left alone in the hallway cursing to himself. Even if, pretending to help his grandfather is part of his plan to protect jaejoong, to knock him unconscious and handing him over is frustrating. It made him angry at himself as he punched the wall before clenching his teeth.

YongHwa carried jaejoong up to the door with the large dragon as he pause and look down at jaejoong. He can’t help but find jaejoong to be very beautiful with such long black lashes, snow white skin and silk black hair. It wasn’t like this is the first time he had seen jaejoong, following changmin around in the shadow gave him many opportunities to see jaejoong. When he first saw him, he had thought jaejoong looked beautiful then and even more beautiful now. It kind of breaks his heart to see such a beauty be taken away. Yonghwa looked away as the two guards opened the door; he carried the dragon bride inside.

The grandfather was in the other room sitting in his wheelchair full of excitement. Once he heard the door open, he turn around and his lip curves into a large smile as he watch YongHwa enter with an unconscious jaejoong in his arms.

“Finally…after so many years…I finally have my hand on the last of the dragon bride...!” he spoke like a mad man “and you…won’t be able to stop me” he turn to look at Yunho.

Pass the grandfather is an unconscious Yunho who is still chained however a silver sword had pierced through his flesh as his blood dripped down from the edge of the blade.

“Immortality is mine!!” the grandfather chuckled