Chapter 24

Dragon bride

I apologize for the long delay in updating!!! work has become to busy that I found myself doing overtime and little time to write my stories:(

_____________________________________________________

                 

                         Yunho flew through the sky trying to get to jaejoong when he suddenly felt a sting upon his right hand. He came to a stop and looks at his hand. There wasn’t any open wound but yet it felted like the palm of his hand has been sliced. The sting seems to intensify as the pain travels throughout his body. The expression upon his face change as he turns to look at the direction where Jaejoong lies. He folds his fingers toward the palm of his hand with a serious look on his face. If it’s not him who got injured, then this mean that something has happen to jaejoong. He lifts his head toward the sky and saw something shinny reflected from the sunlight before disappearing.

“An invisible shield” he thought to himself feeling like this matter has gotten more complicated. This was a clear indication that the hunters have made their movement, in other words, they know where the 3rd dragon is.

He closes his eyes and tried to reach out to Yoochun but for some reason he couldn’t feel the presence of the fire dragon. It was as if he had completely disappeared from this city. He even tried calling out to him through his mind but no connection could be made. At this point he wonders if the hunter has gotten to him. With the way things are right now, he can’t help but feel restless. Without wasting anymore time, he flew to where jaejoong is as fast as he could praying that this painful sensation in his hand is all that he will feel.

Meanwhile the abandon church is perfectly surrounded with all possible escape routes heavily guarded. A few hunters dressed in police uniforms stood at the entrance to the alleyway and block off the access so others couldn’t enter. Among the group of hunters is Changmin along with Yonghwa as they kept their gaze upon the church. Everyone was ready and well equipped in case the shadow dragon decided to go berserk. They waited outside to see what the situation is like from the first group that was sent inside the church. It has been a while now and yet no sign of the hunters coming back out. In the beginning they can hear the sound of fighting but now it has become a dead silence making every wonder what has happen.

“Are you okay?” YongHwa asked noticing the strange look upon changmin’s face

“I’m alright…” he responded

YongHwa was quiet for a moment before speaking “it makes me wonder rather it’s the hunter you sent in that you are worried about or if it’s the dragon bride who now reside in there”

Changmin shot him a glare as YongHwa lower his gaze “I already came this far…I will not waver YongHwa…if I had wanted for jaejoong to escape, do you think I will bring these many hunters with me?”

“My apologies…”

Changmin turn his attention back to the front “You…seem to begin doubting me…is it that you don’t trust me?”

YongHwa who stood behind changmin slightly glance at ByungChal who is nearby. They made eyes contact before YongHwa look away “I apologize if my words and action create such a misunderstanding…I do not doubt you nor do I not trust you….you are the leader of the shim family…you have my utmost respect and loyalty…I believe that every decision you make is for the greater good of the shim bloodline….I was just concern about your mentality….I don’t want you to stress yourself or constantly wondering which side you should stand on….I wanted you to make sure you know what you are doing……….”

Changmin was quiet for a brief moment before speaking “the one thing you should be worrying about right now is the shadow dragon….him turning into his dragon form and tearing us apart could be a possible outcome….rather than worrying about minor things…you should worry more about your life rather you will walk out of here alive or in a casket…” he smirked

YongHwa sigh before smiling “tearing everyone apart is probably something you are wishing for am I correct?”

“There you go again…”

“But…your expression right now is telling me that is the truth” said YongHwa who notice changmin’s excited smile as if he is anticipating something big to happen.

Changmin tries to control the smile on his face however it’s harder than he expected because that is the truth. He wishes for the shadow dragon to take its form. Rather it tears everyone apart or not isn’t something he care about. At the thought of possibly seeing it and watching it ascend to nirvana got him trembling of excitements. YongHwa stood there and look at changmin wondering rather his mentality is stable. One moment changmin seems normal and then another moment he seems like a complete different person as if two soul lives within him switching back and forth.

“Instead of picking fight with an old man….why don’t you take me on instead” grin Jaejoong as droplets of blood joins the others on the ground. Little stream of blood have also slides down his arm toward his elbow before falling off onto the floor. The flower symbol upon his chest continues to glow brightly like fire burning from within.

This action of his took everyone by surprise as the entire place became still. ShinHye couldn’t believe her eyes of what she is seeing. She thought for sure he was following her and yet while she was fighting, he had return toward SoonJae and saved his life. The fact that death didn’t scare him, the fact that he didn’t even hesitate raising his hand to grab onto the blade was admirable. Even right now with a wounded hand, bloods flowing from the open flesh didn’t cause him to flinch or be scare. Those brown eyes reflect courage and strength that seems to attract her.

“Why did you came back?” SoonJae asked in a weaken voice

Without turning to face him, Jaejoong spoke “it will leave a very bad after taste knowing an old man died to save me…” he grinned

SoonJae looks at jaejoong a bit before his lips curved into a smile thinking that Yunho, the last of the blue dragon found the perfect bride. The hunters look at one another wondering what their next move should be. They know their target is the shadow dragon and capturing him is their task but now what stood in their way is the dragon bride. From the look of it, there are only 3 of them and there are about 20 hunters inside this church. Soonjae looks like he could barely hold his ground making it 2 people that they must fight. With everything considered, their chance of winning is high, not only will they get the shadow dragon but they will also get the heart of the dragon bride to earn their favor with Changmin. With this thought in mind, all of them rushed toward jaejoong and SoonJae as they took out their weapon. The amulets in their possession start to glow brightly. ShinHye also rushes toward the two in the middle to offer assistance as she fought her way there. The hunter whose blade lies in jaejoong’s flesh attempted to remove it from his grasp. Upon feeling the blade slides a little, jaejoong made sure to hold onto it tighter as he groan a little from the pain as it goes deeper into his flesh.

“Where do you think you are going? I’m not done with you just yet” he grinned

Before the hunter could make a move, Jaejoong had pulls the sword toward him with great strength that the hunters ended stumbling forward. With his elbow, jaejoong slam it against the hunter’s face causing him to let go of his sword. Free of any weapon, Jaejoong took the opportunity to let go of the sword before reaching out toward the hunter and grabs onto him. He knees the hunter in the stomach without holding back as the hunter gasps from the sudden impact feeling the pain traveling throughout his body. Jaejoong then swing him toward the left and let go as the hunter collides with the benches and groan in pain. A hunter jumps toward jaejoong from behind and tries to attack him but luckily ShinHye made it in time to block the attack with her sword. She manages to drive the hunter back a feet before smiling.

“You continue to surprise me jaejoong shhi….if you want to stick around and fight…then count on me to watch your back”

Jaejoong also smiles “I’ll leave it to you then…”

“What do you think you two are doing?” Spoke Soonjae “I told you to run and yet here you are back to where you were…” he smiled “but…I guess I owe you both a thank you…”

Jaejoong, ShinHye and SoonJae stood back to back gazing at the number of opponents they will be facing but this didn’t scare them. All the hunters ran toward them and attack while the three of them fight to protect each other.

In the meantime Junsu is seen walking around with the pedant that Yoochun had given him. He had been walking for a good 20 minutes and notices that the further away he goes from one of the charm, the dimmer the light. He came to a stop between a 4 way intersections and looks around before looking down at the pedant. He held it to each street way and see which way will shine brighter. Once the pedant determines which way to go, Junsu hurried down that street hoping to get to the charm and remove it. He didn’t care for the strange looks he got from strangers or the whispering of voices wondering what he is doing. Right at this moment it has become a very dare situation that can either save or destroy this city whole. He heads down a street where there weren’t many people, only a few local stores line up along the street. He starts to look around wondering where the charm could have been placed. Just as he turns the corner he came to abrupt stop. Standing just a few feet away is a hunter, the one who separated from his group to follow Junsu.

“You are part of the shim bloodline…how could you betray us and side with the dragon?” The hunter spoke with anger toward Junsu

“I am only a half breed….whatever rules…whatever past or history the shim bloodline holds has no binding to me…I am free to choose my path and choose who I should protect…” Junsu spoke

“You are changmin’s brother….”

“That doesn’t determine my fate…”

“Then…I’ll have no choice but to get rid of you…”

Junsu took a step back “Aren’t you afraid that Changmin will punish you if you kill me?”

The hunter pulls out his twin daggers “He will understand the fact that his older brother had betrayed him…”

“I did not betray him…”

“You trying to stand in his way…preventing his plan from succeeding is call betrayal…and I will help him get rid of any obstacles that will stand in his way even if that obstacle is his brother…”

Junsu looks around and didn’t see anyone. He had wondered into a part of town where not many people goes to. Even these tall business buildings are acting like walls blocking them from view. He grips onto the pedant tightly wondering what he should do. His chance against this hunter is slim but running away wasn’t an option he is willing to take. From the intense light, the charm is close. If he can get to it and remove it, he can destroy this shield and allow Yoochun to go help. It will also give the shadow dragon a chance to escape. He places the pedant around his neck once more before taking a deep breath. He looks at the hunter before him and position himself to fight. He prays that all those lessons he had learn in the US will pay off.

The hunter ran toward Junsu with his daggers in hand as he tries to slice him. Junsu manages to dodge the first blade and was surprise by the second but still manages to dodge it by a few centimeters. The hunter continues to swing his daggers toward him and all Junsu could do is dodge them. Without any weapon of his own, he wasn’t exactly sure how to fight this person. The hunter jumps toward him and tries to stab Junsu who quickly duck down and leap away from the hunter to the other side before coming to a stop. He turns around to face the hunter who had on a smile knowing perfectly well that this is his win. Junsu had only manages to stand straight when the hunter came at him once more. Junsu dodges the twin blade but the second one ended up cutting him on the shoulder. He groans in pain as the sting cause his hand to tremble. Bits of blood begin to surface staining his shirt in a light crimson color. He glares at the hunter now a little nervous about fighting him.

“I guess…that is the only option left” thought junsu

The hunter stood there and watches as Junsu quickly dashes down the other street and disappear from the corner. Rather than worried, the hunter only chuckle finding this to be an amusing game of cat and mouse. He quickly gives chase to Junsu but after running a few blocks, Junsu had disappeared from sight. Knowing very well that he is hiding somewhere, the hunter slows his pace.

“Come out…come out…where ever you are” he chants with a smile while keeping his eyes out in case Junsu decided to take him by surprise “you know you can’t win against me so why fight me…just stand still and let me kill you so I may return to the others…” he pauses a bit to see if there was any kind of response, when there was none, he continues “how about I give you a quick death…well that be better? You won’t even have the time to feel the pain or feel yourself died…before you know it; you will be up in heaven…”

He continues to shout loudly hoping to reach Junsu’s ear and scares him but no matter what he says, there was no sign of Junsu anywhere. As fun as it was in the beginning, this was starting to annoy him.

“Come out…come out of hiding!!” he shouted louder and angrier.

No matter what he did, Junsu refuse to reveal himself until the time is right. He remains crouched behind a pile of boxes near the large dumpster just a few feet away from where the hunter stood. For one thing he needed some time to figure out the best course of action. What should he do in this situation? How would he defend himself or even stop this hunter from interfering with him? Not only that but just where exactly is the charm placed? For a few minutes now the pendant that hangs around his neck has been glowing brightly and intense in color but no matter where he look, he couldn’t see the charm. While deep in thoughts he heard a loud sound of glass breaking and people started to scream. Junsu peeks from where he was hiding and to his surprise; this hunter has lost his mind. He had broken the window to a few little stores startling the customers inside. A few had run out to escape this danger however one unlucky girl was taken as hostage. The hunter places his blade near the woman’s neck as the expression on her face is a mix of horror and fear. He held onto her tightly with a smile on his face before shouting out to Junsu.

“If you don’t come out now I will kill her in your place!”

Junsu cursed to himself as the cut he suffer on his arm started to throb as more blood appears. The falling rain caused the blood to completely stain his shirt sleeve red as it lightly washed down his arm and onto the wet ground. He clenched his fist tightly before standing up from his hiding spot to reveal himself in front of the hunter.

“Let her go…” he spoke fearing both for his life and hers.

Changmin and his gang of hunters quietly waited outside when suddenly the door to the church burst open as a hunter that was sent in came flying out and rolls down the flight of stairs. He came to a stop at the ground completely unconscious as everyone quickly raises their weapon. All the hunters were a bit startled while changmin remain calm and well collected. He knew from the very beginning that this will not be easy especially when Jaejoong is also involved. He had seen enough of his fight to know just how strong he is and how well he can hold his ground against a group of opponents no matter their skill level. Just as he thought about this, footsteps could be heard emerging from within the church. Stepping into the falling rain is none other than jaejoong with one of his hand bleeding. Changmin felted a jolt inside him as the urge of wanting to run to this beautiful man to inspect his wound grew strong. However he held himself back, took a deep breath and pushes that urge aside.

Jaejoong glances at those who have gathered as he lifted his head and sees more hunters spread out among the rooftop of the nearby building. From the look of it, there was no escaping, they have been cornered. Both ShinHye and Soonjae emerge from behind him as the hunters prepare themselves for a show down suspecting SoonJae of being the Shadow Dragon.

“They are going all out aren’t they” spoke ShinHye a little surprise by the number of hunters before her.

SoonJae could tell they will not be able to walk out of here alive. He could care less about his life since it is already coming to an end. He slightly turns his head toward jaejoong and sees the determination reflected upon his face. Soonjae can sacrifice everything but one thing he can’t sacrifice right now is this promising dragon bride and ShinHye. He took a few steps forward until he stands just a few inches in front of jaejoong.

“Who is your leader?” he spoke to the crowd of hunters

There was a few seconds of silence before Changmin steps out from the group. Upon seeing him dressed in a hunter’s uniform surprises Jaejoong. It was harder than changmin thought being able to see jaejoong face to face again. He could barely make eye contact with this beautiful man feeling like if he sees the expression on jaejoong’s face right now, it will make him hate himself even more. He avoided jaejoong’s gaze and meet the dark eyes of the shadow dragon.

“I am the leader…” changmin spoke loudly

“By bringing this many hunters, blocking off all route of escape….it must be me you are after am I right?” Soon jae asked

“And what if I say that is right? are you going to fight us?” spoke changmin “we may be large in number but I know you are strong yourself…we might not be able to defeat you…hell we might even be kill by you right here….but I can’t guarantee the safety of those two standing behind you…”

“yah! changmin ah!!! Have you lost your mind?!” Jaejoong shouted in anger “just what do you think you are doing?!!”

Changmin of course chooses to ignore jaejoong “If you come with us peacefully…I will spare their life…the dragon bride will live another day…”

“You!..”

Jaejoong was going to go down there and knock some senses into Changmin but Soonjae stopped him.

“Can I trust that you will not harm them if I were to come with you?”

“I am a person of my words…if I say I will do something…I will do it….”

SoonJae turn to Jaejoong “You spoke to him as if you know him…”

Jaejoong sigh a little “he…is my friend…but…I’m not so sure now…”

This surprise SoonJae, he never thought that the dragon bride and the leader of the hunters will actually be friends. But then again, this is probably something of the past before their true fate is revealed.

“Is he a man to be trusted?” SoonJae asked

“Why are you asking me this?”

“Please just answer…”

Jaejoong turn to changmin who wouldn’t even turn to meet his eyes. He is reminded of the times that Yunho had warned him about changmin. He had chosen not to believe Yunho; he had chosen to believe in changmin’s better judgement….his heart and his mind of knowing the right and wrong. He thought for sure that no matter what happen changmin will not involve himself. Yet, standing right before him dressed in black, declaring he is the leader is changmin. Did he hit him too hard back then that it triggered something in Changmin to make him act like this? Upon the thought that maybe Yunho is right about changmin causes his heart to sink and his chest to tighten.

“Jaejoong shi?”

“Yes…he always keeps his words…” spoke jaejoong

“I see…”

SoonJae was quiet for a brief moment before speaking “Very well…if you spare them…I will come with you…”

“No! Soonjae!!” ShinHye shouted as she grab onto him “you can’t go with them!!”

SoonJae was calm as he places his hand upon hers with a smile “Everything will be alright….leave the city…live the life you want to and forget about me ShinHye…I am willing to give up my life for yours…”

“No…I won’t allow it!!” Snap ShinHye as she steps forward and raise her sword. She glares at the group of hunters and changmin “I won’t hand him over to you!!! if you want him, you will have to kill me first!!”

Just as she spoke those words, she felt something struck her. The sound of rain that was once loudly echoing into her ear started to fade. The anger in her seems to disappear as the only thing she felt is this throbbing pain in her chest. She slowly looks down and spot a long arrow pierced her chest to the other side as she coughed blood.

“SHINHYE!!!!” SoonJae shouted in horror.

She lost all of her strength before letting go of her sword and started to fall backward. Jaejoong manages to catch her before she hits the ground.

“ShinHye!!! ShinHye!!” he calls out to her.

She could see him close to her, she can feel him holding onto her and yet he sounded so far away. Breathing became hard as she found herself gasping as pain traveled throughout her body. At this moment she knew an arrow has struck deep into her. She slightly turns to jaejoong as more blood escapes as she tries to speak.

“I…I…have a favor….to…to ask…” she spoke

“Don’t speak!...just let me figure out what to do…” said jaejoong

ShinHye shook her head “P-please….I’m begging you….d-d-Dragon bride….please…make sure he…descend peacefully….don’t….don’t let him be taken….don’t….let them take his life…I want…him to smile as he ascend to nirvana….”

Jaejoong was panicking…unsure of what to do. She was bleeding and coughing blood as an indication that a vital organ has been hit. From the look of it, there was no way she can be saved. Even if he were to pull out the arrow, it will only end her quicker.

“Please…I beg you…” she spoke

Jaejoong looks down at her and into her pleading eyes. He calmed himself before his lip curves into a smile “Alright…I will make sure of it….”

ShinHye return the smile before turning to SoonJae who was still struck with horror and total disbelief “Looks like…I will be going first SoonJae….I was hoping to protect you till the very end….but sadly…I couldn’t do anything….” She spoke weakly as a single tear drops from the corner of her eyes

SoonJae slowly reaches down toward ShinHye and places his hand upon her head gentle as she felt his warmth “silly child….you have done more than enough….you have made me proud…”

This was more than enough for ShinHye as she smiles one last time before her body went limp. Her breathing stop as her eyes closed. Jaejoong could feel her heart beat came to a complete halt as the only sound is the falling rain around them. He reaches for the arrow and with one quick pull; he yanked it out of her flesh before laying her flat on her back. Griping onto the arrow tightly he stood up and turn toward the hunters with a dark and deadly stare. It was an expression Changmin is far too familiar with as he felt a cold chill ran up his spine and he knows it wasn’t the coldness of the rain. Without a word jaejoong started to descend the stairs filled with rage. He wanted nothing more than to kill everyone and beat Changmin into a bloody mess. But just as he made it down halfway of the stairs, he came to a sudden stop. He starts to get this strange feeling that something horrible is going to take place. It was a feeling of fear and terror urging him to get away, to run away as far as he can. He also took notices of the serious looks upon the hunter’s face as he turns around. To his surprise SoonJae is glowing in a shadowy light. Dark mists were gathering around him as he stood up and turn toward them. His eyes were blacker…became darker than usual filling everyone with fear.

“I won’t forgive you….” SoonJae spoke full of rage “my life is yours for the taking however her life was not to be touched….you broke your words!” he snap as a gust of wind blew “now lying in my place…in death…is the child I took and raise….and for that….I will not forgive you!!!”

Changmin turn to look at YongHwa who also gives him the same confused look. Changmin never instruct anyone to attack first, so who did it? Who shot that arrow at ShinHye?

Standing not too far away is Boa with a bow in her hand and a sinister smile upon her lip “now rise shadow dragon…tear this place apart…”

Yunho almost reaches where Jaejoong is located when he took notice of the clouds in the horizon. The shape, the color has gone dark. It was no longer a dark grey rain cloud but a pitch blackness symbolizing darkness. He can also feel the rising energy from where jaejoong is. He got this feeling like he needs to hurry and tend to the situation quick.

Yoochun who has been kept outside the invisible shield also notices the growing blackness in the sky as purplish lightning started to appear within that darkness. Like Yunho he can also feel the dark power rising putting him on edge.

“I will make you pay with your life!!” shouted SoonJae as anger clouded his better judgement.

His eye starts to glow as his teeth starts to become sharper. His hand starts to take form as his nails grew long and sharp. Right before everyone’s eyes, SoonJae took his dragon form as his loud roar echoed throughout the city shaking everything. His pitch dark scales shines under the street lights as it reflects death in each of them, his two large wings grew and open widely. His large beast like eyes glows a purplish color. He let out another angry roar putting the entire city in shock as everyone is able to see him standing taller than the buildings. This made it the second time a dragon has appeared within the city.

“This…is bad…” thought jaejoong.

Yunho could see the shadow dragon as his feeling is right on the mark. Something has triggered the shadow dragon to take its form. Base on the rising dark power and the rage in its eyes, this city will be completely destroyed. To make matter worst, this invisible shield will keep it here fueling its anger.

The shadow dragon look at all the hunters, at this moment he didn’t cure who is innocent or who is guilty. He sees all human as liars and deserves to be pay for the life they had taken from him. He starts to open his largemouth as a light started to form in the middle. The light continues to grow larger and larger and more powerful. Jaejoong knew this will not end well….with this blast; it will kill hundreds of people in this city. He places his hand over his heart as it started to glow. When enough energy has gathered inside the shadow dragon’s mouth, it was ready to blast this city into ashes. The shadow dragon releases its powerful blast like a deadly large ray. However the deadly ray was redirected into the sky as the blast missed the city but it was enough to scare everyone stiff as a strong gust of wind struck them in place of the ray. Standing in front of the shadow dragon is another dragon graced in beautiful blue scales with two golden eyes as they face each other.