Chapter 40

Dragon bride

As night falls, the sky is covered in dark clouds blocking the view of the stars and moon. The night is cool as gentle winds blew into the apartment through the open glass door causing the curtains to sway slightly. Standing on the balcony is Yunho as he watches jaejoong tuck in Soomin who had fallen asleep on the couch. After placing the warm blanket over her small body, he made his way toward the balcony. He leans his back against the railing letting out a deep exhausting sigh. He never expected how tiresome it is to put up with this little girl and her unusual attitude. He turn his gaze toward the living room watching as she slept. The light in the living room has been turn off, only the dim light from the hallway brighten up the darkness a bit in order to allow her to sleep. They had spent most of the day discussing their plan and by using the dragon scale, they were able to pin point which direction her father is located. It has been planned that by early tomorrow morning, they will set out toward that direction and hopefully, their search will not end in vain.

A gentle breeze blew from behind causing jaejoong’s hair to sway as he felt the coolness touched the back of his neck making him shivered.

“Go put on a sweater if you are going to be out here, otherwise you will catch a cold” spoke Yunho out of concern for his wellbeing

“No need….after everything I had went through…I felt like I had gotten use to the cold…” said jaejoong but in truth he was just too lazy to move his feet across the living room floor and toward his bedroom.

Yunho didn’t force him nor did he comment on that fact. He only gaze at Soomin deep in thoughts. There were just too many things on his mind and there is one thing that has been troubling him from the very beginning.

“Yunho…” jaejoong spoke after a long silence as he soften his voice to make sure he won’t woke up the little girl “you said before that half-breeds are looked down upon…they are sometime abandon by their parents because they are not full fledge dragon….”

Yunho didn’t respond but kept his gaze at Soomin

“What if….let just say what if….we did find her dad….release him from the ice….do you think he will reject her?”

Once again Yunho didn’t say a word but he frowned as an indication that this is also what has been bothering him. Ever since he agreed to help her, he has been wondering if this choice was right or wrong. It will be great if her father decided to accept her and love her but if he decided to reject her, the blow will be too much for this little girl to endure after what she had already lost. At some point, he even thought about declining to help her but he can’t go back on his words. Not to mention he needs the help of her father if he wishes to break free of this darkness that is growing inside of him.

“Even though I don’t like her very much…she is a brat who gives me attitude and not to mention what she did to us is beyond words….but even so….she is still a little girl who needs her father more than anything…her mother and step father is already gone….he may be the only person left on this word that she can feel secure with…that can watch over her and protect her….make her feel save….I know how much she wanted to find him….but I fear that if he doesn’t want anything to do with her….it will really break her….to be rejected by your own father is too much for a 6 year old to bear….when that happen….what will we do?”

Yunho let out a heavy sigh “we will decide when that time comes….until then…we will just have to hope for the best…”

Jaejoong look at Yunho before turning around as the scene of his living room changed to the darken city before him surrounded by luminous lights. The expression on his face also changed as the breeze danced around him kissing his exposed skin.

“If he…if he rejects her….and make her cry…regardless if he is a dragon or a human…I’ll kill him with my bare hand…”

Yunho slightly turn to look at his bride and know very well his temper and that jaejoong is fearless. If he said he will fight or kill someone, most likely he will do it without any hesitation. Usually he will scold or lecture jaejoong about not making trouble but recently he found that this side of jaejoong, this violent and stubborn side of him is quite attractive. Even the temper that he usually throws at him has become less annoying and more enjoyable. The more time he spends with jaejoong, the more he found himself being attracted. Even at this moment, as he gaze at jaejoong, no words could be said as his heart ‘thump’ rapidly upon the serious look on his bride’s face as the city lights reflected upon his pale skin. It was like staring at something dangerous, a poison that can easily kill if mishandled and yet it has a sense of beauty that attracts others, a haunting beauty that is hard to avoid.

Feeling a hot gaze upon him, jaejoong turn his head and meet Yunho’s eyes. There was a moment of silence between them as Yunho cough a bit and turn his gaze away a bit embarrassed.

“Are you okay? Is the injury hurting you again?” jaejoong asked thinking the sudden cough from Yunho was an indication of something wrong with his body.

Yunho could see the concern in his bride’s eyes warming his heart as he smile softly “It’s nothing…I’m fine…”

Jaejoong give him a doubtful look but did not press further with this issue as he yawned “It’s getting late…we should go rest if we are getting up early…”

“You go to rest first….”

Jaejoong turn and frown at him “You have been staying up and completely living your life on the rooftop more than usual….you yourself is still recovering…the one who should be resting more is you Yunho….If something were to happen to you…I won’t know how to help you especially when Yoochun isn’t here…”

Even though his tone of voice is harsh, Yunho know very well that he is concern.

“I know…don’t worry…I won’t go up to the rooftop tonight…I’ll just be out here for a bit and then rest…”

Jaejoong glance at him doubting it but he is to tire to even turn this into a fight as he turns his heels and walked inside without another words. He went over to Soomin and picks her up in his arm in order to give Yunho the couch to rest.

“If I wake up tomorrow and your body isn’t right here….I’ll kick you” he glares before walking to his room

Yunho let out another sigh before lifting his gaze toward the darken sky that is making him feel uneasy.

Meanwhile, MinJun returned to his room, both Junsu and Yoochun were already inside contemplating what to do in order to find him. Luckily, they don’t have to put plan A or B or even C in action because the person they were hoping to rescue had already walked into the room by himself. Upon seeing him, Junsu quickly got off the bed and walked over to him with a concern look on his face.

“What happen to you?! Are you okay?!” he asked

Minjun smile slightly “I’m fine…”

“Were you captured? You didn’t tell them about us did you?” Yoochun asked

Minjun shook his head “no…”

“No to which question?”

“No to the second…”

Junsu and Yoochun exchange looks as they turn their attention back to Minjun

“So you were captured?” Junsu asked for confirmation

“Yes…but…”

“But what?” Yoochun asked

Minjun explained to them what had happen including his encounter with Changmin. Everything that he had said surprised them. Even Junsu added into it his own experience with his younger brother. They eventually became quiet and wondered about what the young master is planning.

“it’s as if he was already suspecting that we will come….from what you two had said…he didn’t seem surprise at all…” said Yoochun

“But he did try to get me to leave” said Junsu

“Probably an act….if he wasn’t expecting anything….do you think he will treat you with such kindness? Not to mention the fact that the tight security we saw during the day was decreased during the night also means he was expecting us to show ourselves so not to cause a great commotion…he sent away majority of the guards and hunters…he even went as far as being the one to take you two personally instead of having someone else to do it….”

Junsu became quiet, even though changmin was using harsh tone of voice and advised him to leave, he didn’t put him in cuffs, didn’t have anyone else around them nor did he mistreat him at all. It felted like a normal dispute between brothers where words of hate is said but deep inside they know each other doesn’t mean it and actually care for one another. Even after Junsu ran out of the room, he didn’t chase or order anyone to capture him.

“What I want to know is how did he find us so fast? I don’t think we had done anything to alert him” said Yoochun

“It is most likely my fault…as I stated….I cross path with him for a brief moment…even though my head was down…he was able to recognize me right away….not to mention that I walked over to the side of the mansion that no one else should…and I stood in front of the courtyard where my grandfather use to spend most of his time….This place is huge and is built like a maze….there are many courtyards…many twist and turns….but this particular courtyard was forbidden by others to enter…it was grandfather’s place of heaven….with me just being there already given away my identity”

Yoochun sigh “if you knew that…why did you go there in the first place?!”

“I couldn’t help it…before I knew it…my feet had already carried me there….even though that place belong to my grandfather….I also had some memories there….”

“But…that only explains why you were taken….why was Minjun also taken?”

“I think my brother has been watching us since he discovered me by the courtyard….he must have known that Minjun was the one who was helping us….” said Junsu

Yoochun crossed his arms over his chest “So….what do you think your brother is planning?”

Junsu was quiet for a moment before speaking “….he didn’t report us or chased us out….he even went as far as to let me go…and even let Minjun go as well….if he had wanted to capture us…he would have turn this place inside out to find us and throw us into prison for trespassing and not to mention he didn’t even pursue you for setting that fire….”

“There is no way he could tell it was me” said Yoochun

Junsu give him a glance “really? If he sees me who had sided with the dragons and suddenly a fire started in the courtyard….he wouldn’t think that it’s the work of a dragon?”

Yoochun didn’t say anything as he lower his gaze

“I think…”Minjun spoke “I think….the young master wants our help….that is why he isn’t doing anything to us….”

Junsu and Yoochun turn to him a bit surprise

“Think about it” he said “if he don’t plan on having us help him…he wouldn’t let us go and even let us stay here….we will most likely be killed…”

Yoochun snorted “I highly doubt he wants our help….that guy seem like he could handle everything on his own…”

At that moment a small white envelope is slide under the door and directly into the room catching the trio’s attention. They only exchange uncertain looks as Minjun bends down to pick up the envelope.

“What is it?” junsu asked

Minjun open the envelope and took out a piece of paper with some writing on it. Upon recognizing the hand writing, Junsu quickly took the paper into his hand. After reading everything, the expression on his face changed as his lip curved into a nervous smile

“What does it say?” Yoochun asked

“Maybe…Minjun is right….”said Junsu “It looks like my little brother might be turning us into his personal chess piece….”

Soon the night faded as morning lights came, Gummy once again made her way toward jaejoong’s apartment as she let out a tire and long yawn. She had worked a late shift last night and even take up an early shift this morning, completely exhausting her. On her way to the apartment, she can’t help but wonder what kind of surprise will be in store for her this early in the morning. Ever since she learned that dragon exist and Yunho is one of them, her life has been filled with nothing but surprises. However, yesterday is probably the most surprising thing she had ever encountered. At the thought of jaejoong and Yunho harboring a secret child nearly sends her to a panic attack. Whatever the surprise might be today, as long as it’s not a baby, she will be able to handle it.

As she expected, there was another surprise for her this morning as the apartment door is locked, there is no one home and a note on the door stating they are out for the rest of the day and possibly tomorrow.

Yunho landed on the ground softly before sitting down both Jaejoong and Soomin. They have been flying for the past hour and finally arrived in the middle of nowhere surrounded by thick forest and mountains. The dragon scale in Soomin’s hand glows even brighter as she closed her eyes and images flashed before her, telling her which direction to take. After a few seconds, she opens her eyes once more and pointed to her left

“It’s this way…” she spoke before walking forward

Jaejoong however was uncertain if they were going the right direction. They are after all letting a mere 6 years old leading the way. He wondered if they should have taken the scale from her and get the direction themselves instead of letting her do it.

“The scale won’t work for us…” Yunho spoke knowing very well what jaejoong is thinking

“Why wouldn’t it work?”

“the scale has been modified in a way where others will not be able to use it....Her father must have made it so only his bride could use it to find him…if anyone else finds it, it will just become a normal pendant…”

“But Soomin could use it…he doesn’t even know she exist…”

“It’s because she is her mother’s child that she could use it….not to mention she is also half a dragon of light….”

Jaejoong watches as Soomin walks ahead of them about a feet away. They closely follow her and watch over her the best they could. The closer they seem to get, the more nervous Jaejoong become thinking about the encounter with the dragon of light. They walked for a great distance, climbing the mountain top, going through thick bushes, being bitten by bugs, they must have been on this journey for hours. Jaejoong had already taken off his red and black plaid shirt and tied it around his waist revealing his black colored muscle shirt. He wipes away the sweats on the side of his face as he turns his gaze toward the sky and even it was making him feel even worst. The blue sky has been covered in thick dark clouds making the world gloomier. Even though the sun has been completely covered, it did not stop the hot and humid heat that was making jaejoong sticky and frankly annoyed. After walking for what felted like another hour or so, they finally came across a beautiful enchanting lake with a waterfall. The water are crystal clear that the trees and sky reflected upon it. There are also flowers growing nearby adding a hint of colors and beauty to this part of the forest. Being this close to a source of water, the humid air has finally cool down as jaejoong sat down to rest. As much stamina as he usually have, this was too much for him to endure. He felt his body become sluggish and pushed to the max, his leg was shaking and he believed that if they were to go any further, he might actually collapse from the heat. He turn his gaze to Yunho and wondered if this man even feel hot at all. He knows that Yunho doesn’t feel the cold but do he feel the heat? He looked normal, not even a sweat has dropped from his forehead. To make it more unbelievable, he is even wearing a long sleeve shirt underneath with a long sleeve jacket over the shirt. Just looking at him makes jaejoong feel even hotter.

Without any warning, he reached out and grasped Yunho’s hand who was standing next to him. Not only was Yunho startled but jaejoong was also surprise at how cold Yunho’s hand is. How could a person’s hand be as cold as ice in the middle of this god forsaken heatwave? With curiosity, he pulled Yunho’s sleeve back and touched the forearm and it’s also cold.

“What are you doing?” Yunho asked feeling uncomfortable by the sudden touches

“You…why is your hand so cold…?” jaejoong asked

“I am a dragon….our body attempts to the temperature….”

This piece of information surprised jaejoong “You mean….if it gets humid and hot…your body will become cold as a way to cool yourself….and if it gets cold…your body will become hot to warm yourself…?”

Yunho nodded his head as jaejoong let out a deep sigh “I really envy you right now…”

“Why don’t you go cool off by the water…” Yunho suggested

“Maybe I will…”

With that being said, jaejoong made his way toward the edge of the lake missing the flustered look on Yunho’s face. He roll up his pants up to his knee, took off his shoes and socks before tipping his feet into the cold water. He shivered a bit but he would rather be in this cold water than deal with this humidity. Soomin on the other hand was busy trying to figure out where the next direction will be. However, at this moment, the scale has yet to reveal to her which way to take. It still glows but it has become quiet which confused her. Could it be that they have arrived?

“What’s wrong?” Yunho asked

“The scale…it isn’t working anymore…” said Soomin as she looks around the area

“Then…where ever your father is hiding...it must be nearby…I can scout the area and see if I can find anything…”

Soomin nodded but added “I’ll come along…”

“It’s best you stay here with jaejoong…”

“I want to go with you….”

Yunho was going to protest but the determine look in her eyes made him unable to refuse as he nodded his head.

“Jaejoong…Soomin and I are going to scout the area….you stay here and don’t go wondering elsewhere”

“Yes…yes…yes…” jaejoong responded lazily without even turning to look at them as he sat on the edge of the lake and had his feet kicking the water around playfully

Yunho look at him a bit worried but none the less he turns and started to walk into the forest along with Soomin. Jaejoong on the other hand would very much like to stay where it is cold. After searching around for a while, Yunho and Soomin couldn’t find anything out of the ordinary. There isn’t even a cave nearby that her father could be hiding in. Yunho decided to fly up into the air to get a bird eyes view. He looks around and right on top of the cliff where the water fall is, he noticed something strange, almost like an engraving on the ground. Feeling like it might be a clue, he descended toward Soomin.

“You found anything?” she asked

“Yes…there seem to be something on top of the cliff….lets go get jaejoong and we’ll go up to explore”

Soomin nodded her head as they return to the lake to further discuss their next step. However, when they got there….jaejoong was no longer sitting at the edge of the lake like how they left him. The only thing there was his pair of shoes and socks. Yunho panicked as he quickly rushed toward the lake and call out jaejoong’s name over and over again. The expression on his face changed as he blame himself if anything were to happen to his bride. He knew jaejoong’s safety should be his first priority but for a moment he thought that being this far away from the city in the middle of nowhere, there wouldn’t be any danger. But by thinking of this, he had let down his guard and put jaejoong in danger of being captured. Suddenly they both heard noises coming from the lake. They turn their attention to the big body of clear water and to their surprise, the missing bride emerged from under the lake. Jaejoong who is unaware of the worried he has caused, smiled widely enjoying the cool water, splashing around, swimming freely with no care in the world. He splashed the water once more and this time the water landed on Yunho wetting his pants and part of his long jacket.

“Ah….you two came back?” spoke jaejoong with a smile on his face before swimming to the edge of the lake “Did you two find anything?”

Yunho’s eyes glows a golden light as he raise his hand and jaejoong felt something strange with the water around him. It almost felted like a large hand has wrapped its large fingers around his buddy and he immediately felt himself being lifted from the lake as the water tossed him onto the ground with a loud thud. Luckily he still kept his pants on but his chest was for the world to see.

“What the hell?!” he shouted “Why did you do that for?!”

“This is no time to be playing around….if you want to go swimming….next time I’ll send you to the ocean where you can swim with the fishes…” Yunho spoke with an irritated look on his face

“Why are you mad?” jaejoong asked

Yunho only glares at him before turning around. This attitude only fires jaejoong up as he quickly stood up and reached out to grab Yunho’s shoulder forcing him to turn around

“What the hell is wrong with you?! Why are you mad at me? I don’t remember doing anything to cause you trouble and I didn’t even move from this spot like how you said earlier…!!”

Yunho turn to frown at him wanting to answer those questions, but decided to keep his angry thoughts inside. He figures if he lash out now, they will once again turn this into an argument. Just then jaejoong sneezed from swimming in the cold water as Yunho let out a sigh and his anger subsided. He took off his jacket and wrap it around jaejoong’s shoulder.

“You only have that pair of clothes on you and yet you went swimming with your pants on….what are you going to do now that it is drenched…”

Surprisingly jaejoong’s anger also subsided upon seeing Yunho showing him some concern.

“It’s fine….It’s humid and hot….my pants will eventually dry on its own….”

Yunho look at his bride once more as his hand begin to glow and jaejoong felt his legs tingling from his ankle up to his thigh and close to his most sensitive spot. His face immediately went red as he took a step back in shock

“you..W-what are you trying to do?!” he shouted

“Stay still…we need to dry your pants so you won’t catch a cold…” Yunho spoke

The strange tingling feeling became more intense and a few minutes later, all the water that has made his pants their new home disappeared. Jaejoong became surprised as he pat his pants and it’s completely dried

“You…what did you do?”

“I removed all the water….” Said Yunho “now go put on your shirt…we are going to go up onto the top of the cliff…”

Jaejoong nodded his head and obey as he went to grab his shirt ad slip it on before putting his shoes back on. He made his way toward Yunho and Soomin when suddenly they heard footsteps coming from the thick forest behind them. As the footsteps came out of the shadows, as expected, it is a group of people, possible 15 surrounding the three of them. They were dressed in black bearing weapons in their hand. However, Yunho was not able to detect any dragon scales on them. Their weapon seem to be normal as well.

“They aren’t dragon hunters…” Yunho thought with a sign of relief “But who are they?”

“Uncle…” Soomin murmured as she hide behind jaejoong clenching on his shirt tightly

“Soomin….it’s good to see that you are well? when the doctor called me and told me that you have awoken from your coma, I was over joy….however when I rushed over to see you….you had disappeared from the hospital…you gave everything quite the fright…”

Soomin didn’t say anything as she hides even more

“Is he really your uncle?” Jaejoong asked

She nodded her head “He is my mother’s older brother by 2 years….”

“Is he a bad person?”

Once again she nodded but then shook her head confusing jaejoong

“Which is it?”

She became quiet before answering “I…don’t know him well….I only have some memory of him when I was little but my mother told me that if anything were to happen to her and a man claiming to be my uncle came to get me…for me to escape at all cost….”

“well…if your mom give you that kind of a warning…that means he isn’t a good man…”

Soomin nodded her head in agreement before glaring at her uncle

“Don’t look at me like that….I’m not here to harm you….” her uncle spoke

“How did you fine me?” she asked

Her uncle took out a small black box with a flashing red light “You didn’t realize it but I had implanted a tracker on your bracelet while you were in a coma….I waited until your movement leave the city before I come looking for you…only then will I know that you had went out to search for your father…”

Soomin look at her bracelet and immediately took it off and toss it on the ground

“Now then Soomin…be a good girl and come with me….”

She shook her head “I know what you want…”

“Oh? You do?”

She nodded her head “mom told me about what you are truly after…”

Her uncle’s smile faded as he had on an irritated look on his face “That annoying woman…” he mumbled angrily “Well…since you already know what it is that I am truly after….” He reach out his hand to her “Give it to me or these two friends of yours will have a bullet in his head…”

Upon saying this, all the weapons were aimed directly at Yunho and jaejoong. Upon seeing the danger, Yunho was about to unleash his power to get rid of such a small problem but jaejoong quickly shook his head advising him to remind still. Upon the serious gaze from jaejoong, Yunho could only obey and not make any movement.

“Give me the dragon scale Soomin….this isn’t something a child like you should get have…this is an adult business…”

Soomin gripped the scale in her hand tightly and shook her head “It was a gift from my mom…it’s the only thing that can lead me to the real father….I will never hand it over especially when it is my father you are after….”

This made her uncle angry as his patient grew thin “Give it to me! Or I will kill your friends!”

One of the guy holding a long silver pistol took a few steps forward toward jaejoong pointing the gun directly at his face. However jaejoong didn’t faze but only look at the other guy intensely.

“If you care about your friends…then I suggest you hand it over…”

Soomin hesitated upon seeing so many guns pointing at them. Even though she is usually a calm person and hardly show her emotions, at this moment she felt a sense of terror. All she wanted to do is find her father, she never expected that she will drag both Yunho and jaejoong into this mess. She wondered if it will be best to just hand over the scale in order to protect these two men who was willing to assist her.

“Give me the scale Soomin…this is your last chance…”

“no….I have to find my father…”

“He is a monster!”

“No!” she shouted “he is a majestic dragon! A holy creature that will never fall into your hand!”

“My sister was a fool….being enchanted by the beast to become his bride….she lived her life in hell until she escaped from his grasp….it was me who took care of her….even after she became pregnant with you….I stood by her side and helped her all the way….even when you were born….I was there to hold you…to support you both…but to think my sister has been hiding such a big secret from me…from her own brother whom she is supposed to trust…from the very beginning….I was made to think it was just another man who she was with that made her pregnant….never in my life would I ever think that he is beyond human….he is a dragon….an actual living dragon….a legend…a living beast of the past…a beast of stories and fantasy….with him….we could have made a lot of money…we could become rich and never have to worried about anything ever again….but your mother refuse….she refuse to tell me where he is…refuse to accept my plan…worst…she blocked me….took you and left my side….she even had a restraining order against me…..but now….now she isn’t here to stop me….” his smile got bigger and more sinister “You are just a mere child…even if you are a halfbreed….you won’t be able to stop me Soomin….now hand me the scale or I will take the scale by force….it’s either the easy way or the hard way…”

“It was not hell…she loved him as much as he loved her…” soomin spoke

Her uncle smiled “Oh…then why did they went their separate way….”

Soomin became quiet as she lower her gaze unable to answer his question. It was more like she knows the answer, but it was to sorrowful to say it out loud.

“Give it to me and all of you can walk away freely…if you don’t give it to me…I’ll kill you all where you stand and take it over your dead body…”

Jaejoong sneered at him with hate “You are her uncle…how could you speak of such words to your niece…”

“You are an outsider…this has nothing to do with you…” her uncle glared at jaejoong

“Outsider? The day she came to us for help….she had already gotten us involve so it does have something to do with us…”

“She disappear from the hospital and came to you…rather than reporting her as a missing child…you kept her at your place over night and even came all the way here with her…I could put you and your friend there in jail for a life time on the account of kidnapping and child endangerment…” smirk her uncle

Jaejoong only stick his finger into his ear and twist it lightly without any fear or care “I already has a long list at the police station that I have already become quite famous….those charges will only bring up my reputation even more making me even more famous….”

Upon hearing this, Yunho let out a sigh wondering why jaejoong will be boosting about his delinquent reputation. With so much that has happen, even he had forgotten the kind of bad reputation jaejoong held. Sometime he even forgot that this bride has sent people to the hospital more times than anyone else out there. But by luck he never got charged for those fights and only got away with a few fines and bonds that were paid for by Gummy.

Her uncle chuckled upon learning the kind of person jaejoong is “This is indeed amusing….she must be stupid to go to you two for help…what does she hope to gain from you two?”

“Far more than you think…” smile jaejoong “At least she is willing to come to two complete strangers for help instead of turning to her uncle….it shows she has no faith in you and could care less about you…”

Just then the guy holding a gun in front of him slammed the end of the gun against jaejoong’s face to try and shut him up for disrespecting his boss. This violent action caused the inside of jaejoong’s mouth to be torn as he could taste the blood. But this didn’t faze him as he regain his posture and even smirked at the guy

“Is that all you got? I had gotten blows stronger then that…” he spoke before spitting out the blood in his mouth.

This insult made the guy angry as he is about to hit jaejoong again when suddenly everyone felt the air around them changed. Jaejoong felt a strange feeling inside of him as he quickly turn to Yunho and as expected, this blue dragon is beyond pisst. He is releasing a powerful and dangerous energy around him changing the flow of air.

“This is bad! This is really bad!” thought jaejoong in panic as he quickly walk over to Yunho and grab his arm to try and calm him down and whispered to him “Don’t Yunho…they don’t know what you are….don’t give them a reason to target you as well…”

Yunho turn to glare at jaejoong wondering why his bride will choose to stop him.

“Look…I am fine…it’s not like I had never been hit before….you know my past…this is nothing I can’t handle….but if you release your power…they will know that you are also a dragon….things will become even more out of control…don’t forget that Soomin is here….she is just a child…if you were to go on a killing spree…it will terrify her…so please listen to me…”

Yunho didn’t want to stop, he has the urge to kill everyone here especially the guy who hit jaejoong. But gazing into his bride’s eyes, he couldn’t disobey. He calmed himself as the dangerous air faded away. Upon seeing Yunho calmed, jaejoong let out a sigh of relief. Yunho reached over and touched the side of his face that was struck with pain in his eyes

“Are you sure you are okay?” he asked in a low and caring tone of voice

This caused jaejoong’s heart to skip a beat but he smiled “Yes…it only bleed a little…I’ll be fine…”

Upon seeing that his bride is alright he let out a sigh of relief before retreating his hand and turn to glare at the guy who struck jaejoong. The guy felt a shiver throughout his body as fear emerged from looking into those two cold eyes. The guy end up taking a few steps back fearing that being this close, he will end up losing his life.

“I am losing my patient here soomin ah…if you are reluctant to part way with the scale….then you can come with me…take me to your father….that way I’ll get what I want…your friends will be free and you will still have your precious dragon scale….” Her uncle smiled

Soomin debated on this option, compare to giving him the scale, this option seem more favorable.

“Soomin…don’t…”

She turn to look at jaejoong feeling guilty for getting them involve in her family’s matter. She walks over to jaejoong and grasped his hand in hers as she smiled

“Don’t worry…I’ll be fine…even if he is a bad person…I am still his niece and not to mention…half a dragon…I still have some value to him so he will not kill me…but you two…I can’t let you get involve even more then you already are…” she spoke before releasing jaejoong’s hand and turn to her uncle “alright…I’ll come with you….but promise that you won’t hurt them”

Her uncle smile happily “I promise….”

Soomin took a deep breath before walking toward her uncle as he reached out to her and pat her on the shoulder

“You made the right choice…” he smiled

“This choice is never right…you threaten my friends to get what you want…” she glares at him

Her uncle bends down to her level “Tell me Soomin ah….where is your father?”

Before she could answer the question, the ground below then suddenly started to shake violently. Yunho grab onto jaejoong to keep him steady but that doesn’t stop their body from being forced to sway back and forth.

“W-what is going on?” Jaejoong asked

“Is it an earthquake?” one of the gunmen asked

Everything was shaking violently as the water on the lake sway back and forth. The trees started to move as the leaves and small branches falls around them. Even older trees that could no longer hold their ground were forced to fall as it landed on top of one of the gunmen while causing the others to scattered. The next thing anyone knew, the ground started to crack and begin to pull apart until the earth below them cave in. Yunho and jaejoong ends up falling into the pitch darkness below as well as Soomin and her uncle. A few of the gunmen were also unlucky as they took the plunge and screams echoed throughout the forest.

Sitting in his room, going through a few books peacefully as the clock ticks away when a shadow appeared behind him. He didn’t even lift his head from the book to great the sudden guest.

“What is it?” he asked

The guest was a hunter who has pledge his loyalty to MinSeok as he bow to him. After showing his respect, he rushed over to MinSeok and whispered something into his ear as the expression on his face changed. After reporting what he needed to, the hunter disappeared from sight as MinSeok sat there in silence, no longer able to concentrate on his book. Even though he usually have a calm personality no matter the situation, this time he couldn’t hold back the darken and angry look on his face. Before he could put his thoughts in order, there was a sudden knock upon the door

“Do not disturb me” he ordered

“But sir…it’s urgent...”

“It can wait until tomorrow…”

The servant was hesitant, he didn’t want to anger MinSeok but at the same time the matter at hand cannot wait until tomorrow. He gathered his courage and knock on the door once more

“Sir…there is an important guest who had come to see you…”

Upon the word ‘guest’ MinSeok finally lifted his gaze toward the door “What guest?”

“It…it…it’s is Young master Shim of the main household…”

This surprised MinSeok wondering what could have bring the young master all the way to his house. Usually he would accept any guest but right now, another matter has taken place that is far more important. But at the same time, if he refuse to greet the young master, it will only make things worse.

“Boa…” he called

Upon her name, Boa appeared

“There is a matter I need you to tend to….” he spoke in a serious tone of voice

“What? Did something happen? This is the first time I had seen you looked so distress” she spoke with a grin

MinSeok turn to her “If you hope to have your plan come through then I suggest you make haste otherwise….neither mine or yours will be successful…”

This line really caught her attention as the grin on her face faded away “What happen?”

“Something unexpected has occur…we need to remedy the situation fast or the key we want will be lost”

Boa looks at him seriously “What do I need to do?”

For what felted like a long time, Jaejoong finally stir and open his eyes before slowly sitting up. His head felted painful and he touched a wound on the side of his head and groaned. He figure he must have cut it during the fall and base on the liquid on his hand, it must have bleed. He groaned once more before lifting his gaze toward the sky and saw a bit of light however, judging from the distance, he must have fallen pretty deep. There were 2 bodies lying on the floor not too far away as multiple debris laid around him.  He knew right away that it will be impossible to climb out but maybe Yunho would fly them out. This reminded him of the fall, at first Yunho was able to grab onto him as they floated in the air. He attempted to fly them out but there were too many large debris falling upon them and countless dirts flying everywhere causing Yunho to become unstable as they both fall. From the look of it, he must have fallen into a underground tunnel but it wasn’t dark and dirty, it was clean and built well…in fact…it looked very well made leaving no room for failure. The wall were smooth out and even pillars were made to hold the cieling. There were also carving on the walls as decoration and the place was light up by unknown light source. He tried to stand up but felt a slight pain on his leg causing him to sit back down. He examine his leg and there is another wound there, bleeding. Jaejoong can’t help but swear as he looks around. At this point he noticed a figure crouching on the other side of the large tunnel with his back toward him. Judging by the clothes, Jaejoong knew it was Yunho as he felt happy

“Yunho…Yah Yunho…are you okay?” he called out as his voice echoed in the large tunnel

From the look of it, his body seem to be shaking a lot as he didn't respond

“Are you hurt?” jaejoong asked once again

There were some groaning noise coming from Yunho making jaejoong even more anxious. Thinking that Yunho must have gotten hurt far worst then him, he forced his body to stand up ignoring the throbbing pain.

“I’m coming over okay…” said jaejoong as he limp forward one step at a time

As he got closer, he reached out to touch Yunho’s shoulder and the head turn toward him. What looked at him was the same pair of dark eyes he once saw before in the cavern.