Chapter 39

Dragon bride

Junsu walked down the hallway wondering what has become of Yoochun. He had rushed out to the courtyard last night fearing that Yoochun will burn the entire place down but when he got there, Yoochun wasn’t there. Feeling that he had hide himself after setting up the fire give Junsu a sense of relief. But even when morning came, he has yet to see this fire dragon. Just where did he go last night?

Just then one of the door to his right opened as a hand grabbed onto him pulling him into the room as the door slam shut. Junsu begin to struggle but the hand over his mouth was blocking his voice from coming out.

“Shh…it’s me” came Yoochun’s voice as Junsu calmed down.

He turn around and even though the room is dim, he could see that it really is Yoochun

“You…what happen to you? Are you okay?” he asked

“That should be my line….” said Yoochun “Last night you just disappeared…got me so worried…I didn’t know where you were or what has happen to you…”

“So you set the courtyard on fire?”

“I figure if you were captured….then the fire will draw everyone’s attention to one place and give you chance to escape….”

Junsu wasn’t sure if he should praise Yoochun or calls him a fool for almost revealing himself to others. But the fact that Yoochun is okay was a big relief. As his mind calmed, he realized that Yoochun is alone

“Where is Minjun?”

“I thought he was with you? He disappeared the same time as you did….”

“Well…he wasn’t with me….”

They both look at each other, wondering what has become of MinJun.

The sound of running water echoed in the room as hot steams filled the space fogging up the mirror. Warm water runs alongside the curve of jaejoong’s slender body as he stood still with his eyes closed and his head tilted back. He tried his best to block out everything that had happen and treated it like it’s just a dream. But the touches on his skin wouldn’t go away, the feeling of gentle kisses on his body still remain hot. Even the feeling of having Yunho above him, softly caress him made him flustered. Just remembering what they did together made his cheek burns as his heart beats rapidly.

**flash back**

“Jaejoong ah…” he called out his bride’s name gently as if to ask for permission

**End of flash back**

Upon remembering how Yunho call out his name in such a soft and gentle voice over and over again made his cheek burns even more as it grew a brighter pink color

**flash back**

Yunho leans down and kissed jaejoong once more

“Are you okay?” he asked

Jaejoong nodded his head

“Does it hurt?”

Jaejoong shook his head

Upon this confirmation, Yunho smiled as he begin to move, ing in and out of him as they continued their kiss.

**End of flash back**

“He….wasn’t being forceful….he treated me very gentle….he didn’t want to hurt me but wanted me to relax….” Thought jaejoong “…..I have never had anyone touched me with such care before….but then again…my partners had always been woman….what is strange is the fact that even though Yunho is a man….I was pressed down on the bed by a man stronger than me….doesn’t really bother me as much as I thought….kissing him…being touched by him….even being protected by him….has made me become weird….”

Jaejoong’s eyes soften as the expression on his face changed with a hint of pink. He pressed his fingers against his swollen lips that has become a shade darker than before, almost a rose color from all the kissing they did.

“Being with Yunho….might not be so bad….”

Jaejoong immediately realize what he was thinking as he eyes grew wide and he slam his head against the shower wall

“Not bad?!!! Have I gone crazy?!!! Why would I think that?!! Just what the hell is going on with me?!!” he shouted in his head in complete disbelief

The more he thinks, the more confuse he get regarding his feeling toward this blue dragon. At first he didn’t think much of it, being bond to a dragon has it’s pros and cons but the more he spend time with Yunho, the more he is protected, the more they touch one another….the stranger he becomes.

“ARUGH!!!!” jaejoong let out a frustrated groan as it echoed in the bathroom

Yunho and Soomin who was standing in the hallway heard it as Yunho immediately push open the door thinking something has happen to his bride.

“Jaejoong ah!! Is everything okay?!” he shouted

The minute he steps into the bathroom, he paused upon seeing the jaejoong standing under the running water being surrounded by light steams. It was an alluring scene that will stir up anyone’s feeling. He can’t help but kept his eyes upon his bride whose pale face has a hint of color upon his cheek. It wasn’t just his feeling that was stirred but his heart as well. He felt it beats loudly upon gazing at the curve of jaejoong’s body as his own body was starting to heat up.

“You…you….WHAT ARE YOU LOOKING AT?!” jaejoong shouted in embarrassment “GET OUT !!”

He begin to throw everything that he can find nearby but Yunho only stood there calmly and with a wave of his hand, each items that is thrown at him is quickly incased in a bubble of water stopping it in midair as it floated.

“GET OUT!!!GET OUT!!!” jaejoong shouted at the top of his lung

Yunho clear his throat before stepping back “S-sorry…” and closed the door as all the items that was floating quickly falls to the ground. Jaejoong’s face wasn’t the only one that grew a hint of color but Yunho as well. Soomin only looks at him like looking at a fool

“This one is your fault….” She spoke

Yunho looks at her a bit embarrassed “I…was mistaken….”

Soomin only sigh “I am hungry…make me something to eat…” she spoke before turning her heel and walked away completely pushing their earlier conversation aside. Even the tense air around them has disappeared.

When Gummy arrived at the apartment, another strange scene is laid before her eyes. She sat on the table with a cup of coffee in her hand as she stare at a little girl sitting across from her eating breakfast. The last time she was here, she didn’t recall seeing this strange girl, so where did she came from? She turn her gaze to jaejoong who is still in the kitchen cleaning up with an irritated look on his face. Even though he looked pisst off…and most likely it’s due to Yunho, there is an attractive glow on his skin. It seems to shine more beautiful than before making her wonder just what happened. Did he use a new skincare?

Yunho eventually made his way into the kitchen and tried to speak to jaejoong who only give him a glare and brush him off. He tried again to apologize but jaejoong only ignored him. However when Yunho reached out to touch his shoulder, jaejoong’s face grew red and quickly step aside remembering the touches from last night. Upon seeing this, gummy’s froze where she sat as her eye slowly grew wider and wider upon the conclusion in her mind.

“I can’t believe this!” she shouted as she quickly stood up in utter disbelief “You…you two….don’t tell me that you two actually….actually did it!! And she is your secret child!!” she pointed at Soomin

“What the hell are you talking about?” spoke jaejoong

“You two….she….” gummy kept changing her gaze from the two people in the kitchen to Soomin as if she is trying to figure out what is going on.

Jaejoong set a plate of eggs in front of Gummy “She is not our child…for one thing…I am a man….how in the world will I give birth to a child….not to mention she is already 6 years old…me and Yunho only came together a few weeks ago….”

“Then…then who is she? And what’s with that expression on your face and why…why are your skin glowing so brightly?”

Jaejoong didn’t want to cover it up or have Gummy misunderstand as he told her exactly who Soomin is. He of course left out the entanglement between him and Yunho last night. After calming down, she look at Soomin once more

“I see….a half-breed huh?...” she spoke “I never thought there was such thing as a half breed…”

“Neither did I…” said jaejoong

She kept her gaze at Soomin and found her to be very adorable with her long wavy hair, big brown eyes and snow like skin. It was like looking at a beautiful fragile doll that had come to life.

“Hi…my name is Gummy…it’s nice to meet you…” she introduced herself wanting to become friend with this little girl.

Soomin took one look at Gummy with her usually dull expression “It’s nice to meet you…” she spoke in her monotonous voice.

An awkward silence quickly filled the room as gummy couldn’t figure out this child before her. She wasn’t sure if she is happy, exited, and is actually glade to meet her or dislike her. In fact, the entire time that she has been looking at Soomin, the expression on her face has remain constant like a doll without emotion.

“Hey…” she whispered to jaejoong “…is she….alright in the head?”

“The one who needs her brain check is probably you…” jaejoong answered

After a while, Gummy left for work as jaejoong let out a deep exhausting sigh. As he return to the living room, he noticed that Yunho has disappear, probably up at the rooftop once again

“I swear…that guy spend more time on the rooftop then here…he mind as well live up there…” grumble jaejoong angrily

“If you want him to be here…you should just tell him” spoke Soomin

Jaejoong snap his head toward her and glares “Don’t think I had forgiven you for what you did…”

She looks at him as her eyes started to glow a silver white color “I can do it again…this time…I will increase the pleasure point…and not being able to walk the next day won’t be the only thing you have to worry about….”

Jaejoong immediate swallow back his saliva feeling like this child is very dangerous to keep around. She isn’t no normal half breed for sure, her dad is probably a dragon of ert to be talking about these things so casually.

“Can I ask you a question?” Soomin spoke

“What?” jaejoong asked in return with an annoyed tone of voice

“Do you care for him?”

Jaejoong raised one of his eyebrow at her “care for who?”

She pointed her finger to the ceiling as an indication that this ‘him’ is referring to Yunho

“Does it matter to you rather I care for him or not?”

“Yes…it really does matter…”

Even though Soomin usually spoke in her usual monotone voice without any ounce of emotion, jaejoong suddenly get this feeling that she is serious when speaking those words, as if his answer really does matter. Usually he would give out his flat response of ‘no, he doesn’t care’ but surprisingly he thought about this question deeply. Do he really care for Yunho? Of course he does because Yunho is his savor, without him, who would help him fight off the dragon hunter. But is this really the only reason why he care for him?

Suddenly an image of Yunho smiling at him flashed before his eyes as his soft and deep voice replayed in his mind caused him to become flustered. He quickly clear his throat and turn around acting annoyed “I’m…I’m not going to tell you…just mind your own business….!”

The door to the bedroom slam shut as Soomin sat alone in the living room. There wasn’t a single sound as the TV has been turn off and there isn’t anyone else in the room with her. She only look around the empty room, only hearing the sound of the ticking clock. She lower her gaze and for the first time an expression was shown upon her face, an expression of sadness.

Yunho stood on the rooftop gazing out into the city. A few folks that lived in the apartment complex had gone up earlier in the day to hang up their bed sheets as a multiple rolls of white fluttered against the soft and warm breeze. He stood by the edge deep in thoughts, thinking back to the conversation he had with Soomin earlier this morning.

**Flashback**

“….I can help you….I can suppress the darkness that has infected you…”

Yunho look at her strangely “You…what kind of dragon is your father?”

She was quiet for a moment before speaking “A dragon of light…”

He became quiet, staring at her wondering what it is that this child’s true aim is by approaching him and jaejoong. At first she seems like a normal half-breed child but at this moment he started to see that she actually came with a goal in mind “what is it that you want in return for helping me?”

“If I help you....let me borrow your bride…”

**End of flash back**

“Why would a 6 year old half breed want to borrow jaejoong for? Is it something with good intention or bad intention? Being so young, it’s hard to determine what her true aim is…” thought Yunho “She also stated her father is a dragon of light….those are well known for having the ability to suppress darkness….but could a young child like her really be able to suppress the dark blood that running through me?”

The more he thinks about it, the more questions surfaced making him even more cautious of Soomin. It’s not like he sensed anything sinister from her, if anyone has ill intention, he will be able to pick it up right away. However, in soomin’s case, there isn’t any ill intention at all…or is she already really good at hiding it. At first Yunho thought it would be fine to leave those two alone but without knowing Soomin’s true intention, and the fact that she wanted jaejoong….he started to feel anxious.

“It’s best not to leave her alone with jaejoong for the time being” he thought as he turn around

He made it through one of the roll of white sheets when he felt a ‘ping’ in his chest. What comes afterward is sharp pain traveling throughout his body. His vein became visible and dark in color as it begin to pulsate and his muscles became tight. The area where the arrow had struck started to hurt once again as he took a deep breath to try and fight back whatever is trying to take over. The first few attacks were easier to suppress with his strength alone but this attack was stronger making it harder for him to stay focus. He ends up grabbing onto one of the white sheets and pulls it down when he falls to his knee as his body shook. Red vines could be seen forming along the whiteness of his eyes stretching out toward his irises. He clutches his chest tightly and gasped in unbearable pain.

Suddenly, the sound of footsteps could be heard. It was the sound of heels touching the cement floor as this person made their way closer to where he is crouching. He wondered if it was one of the residence who resided in this apartment. If they were to see him in this state, he will for sure scare that person. However the footsteps came to a stop, probably two feet away from him as the white sheets stood between them. Being this close, Yunho knew it wasn’t a normal human being, he could feel the powerful source of energy from this person, an energy similar to his.

“B-boa….” He mumbled this name through aching pain. He knew that no matter what, he can’t allow her to know about the half breed down stair. If she were to find out about Soomin, she will do whatever she can to get her hand on her. The fact that a dragon of light’s blood runs through her vein, make her even more valuable to Yunho that he can’t let the dragon hunter know about her existence.

There was a long silences before she spoke “You must be in a lot of pain….”

Yunho couldn’t help but mastered a bitter chuckle “This is nothing at all…I had went through worst pain then this…”

Boa’s lip curved into a smile “You won’t be able to fight it….at the end…it will win….”

“It’s still too early to make that conclusion….”

“Just accept your fate Yunho….”

“Screw fate…the only good thing it had ever brought me is probably jaejoong….”

Upon the mention of his bride, Boa’s good mood quickly soured. The fact that Yunho actually thinks that the only good thing that happen to him was jaejoong infuriated her. If that was the only good thing then what does that make her?

“It won’t be much longer Yunho….soon you will come over to our side…and the future will be in our hand….”

Yunho manages to force himself to stand up as the throbbing pain in his body begin to fade “What is it that you want Boa? Did you came to pick a fight?”

“I am not here to fight you….”

“Then you came here to see me suffer personally….” He grin bitterly

Boa didn’t respond right away as silence filled the air once more. She lower her expression before speaking “I’m checking up on you…to make sure the blood has really enter your body….if not…I will have to try again….but from the look of it….we have succeeded…”

“What is it that you really want to achieve? There isn’t any worth in targeting me….”

“You are more worthy…more value than you think Yunho…to the man I serve…you are the key to our greater future…”

Yunho paused upon those words as he started to get this ominous feeling “What…do you mean?”

“You will know when the time comes…once the darkness take over your body…the real fight will begin….”

Yunho groaned a bit from the pain as he struggled to voice his words “You….don’t you think you have done enough already? I hurt you in the past….you had done the same back to me….now we should consider this as being even….why are you still going….still pushing this far….”

“heh….do you really think that this is enough….?”

“What do you want Boa that will satisfied your heart of revenge? Do you want my life?”

Boa became even angrier, the fact that Yunho doesn’t understand makes her even more sad and upset.

“Your life? Your life alone will never satisfied me….if you really want me to stop….you can just hand over your bride and everything will end….”

“That will never happen…”

“Then his revenge will never end….”

Yunho became quiet for a moment thinking about what he could ask or say to keep her attention on him and not anywhere else. But after a long silence, he heard her footsteps going away from him.

“Boa!” he shouted her name

“I came to do what I needed to do…I’m heading back…the next time we meet…we might even be on the same side Yunho…until then…I hope you suffer horribly…”

Yunho was going to ask more question but he could no longer feel that source of energy, meaning this person had already left. He took a deep breath and felt his body begin to relax once more. He could only think about what Boa had said to him and he knew that if he doesn’t do something himself, he will really falls into their hand.

Minjun who was missing awoken in a dark room. He felt his head aching painfully as he tried to stand up but felt his hand being tied in front of him. Due to the darkness of the room, he couldn’t make out where he is or what kind of room this is. After a few attempts, he manages to pull himself into a sitting position and groan from the headache. When his mind cleared up, he begin to analysis his situation, If they had wanted him dead, he would be dead instead of lock up in this dark room. Now the question is, why? Why kept him alive? If someone saw him with the other two, they would think he is a traitor and got rid of him right away, so why kept him alive instead?

Just then a bright light pierced through the darkness as he turns around toward the now open door. Standing by the door is none other than shim changmin and he doesn’t look one bit happy. Behind him are two dragon hunters dressed in their hunter uniform. He had already seen enough of what happen to capture hunters to feel fear. He had seen enough of them being dragged out of the room after being interrogated by changmin to make him nervous about his fate. Even though he is nervous and scare, he never forgotten to greet changmin honorable as he bow his head and spoke loudly with respect.

Changmin gives him an indifferent look before gesturing for the two hunters to remain outside. Changmin turn on the dim lights and walk in as the door closed behind him. Minjun stood still nervously unsure of what will happen. Even if changmin decided to get rid of him, he wouldn’t hate him because what he did was the right thing.

“What is your name?” changmin asked

“It’s…its Minjun….”

“Minjun?” changmin raised an eyebrow at him, unfamiliar with the name “what is your purpose for sneaking my idiot brother and the fire dragon into the mansion? Are you planning a rebellion?”

MinJun immediately look at changmin in shock and panic “No! I will never do such a thing!!”

“Then why have you brought them into our place?”

“I….” he wanted to explain but yet he couldn’t find his voice

“If you tell me the truth….I’ll think of spearing your life….but if you lied to me….You will join the others….and just so you know…I can pick up a lie very well…”

Minjun lower his head “I….wanted to help you…”

“Help me? Since when do I need help?”

“I…I….”

“Rather than worrying about me….you should worry about yourself more…”

Minjun stood there quietly unsure of what to say or do. He wasn’t sure if what he has to say will be believed by changmin or will it anger him thinking that he had been looked down upon….thinking that he is weak and needed outside help.

“My brother told me that someone told him about what is happening….I’m guessing that person is you?”

Minjun could only nod his head in response. Changmin look at him and didn’t seem to pick up anything dangerous from him. He took a step closer to Minjun who became even more nervous. When changmin stood in front of him, there was quite a height difference with changmin being 4 inches taller than him. Without any words, changmin reached out toward him and upon seeing the long hand coming his way, Minjun quickly got on his knee and bow his head for forgiveness

“Please forgive me!! I know what I did was wrong!!! But believe me, I didn’t so it to anger you or to rebel against you!! If anything I wanted to try and save you…save you from the dark path….save you from the others who aim to destroy you!!” Minjun shouted “I didn’t do it to look down on your strength….you are strong…I know you are brave and powerful….but….the way you handling things….isn’t your true nature!!”

Upon hearing this, changmin became a little intrigue “my true nature? Tell me what my true nature is?”

Minjun was quiet for a bit before speaking “You…are kind….a gentle person who loves all….even if people were to bully you…you wouldn’t hold it against them nor do you hate them….you have a big heart…willing to protect anyone even if your strength is no match to the opponent….you are willing to give a helping hand to others…put what you have to do aside to make sure another living person is happy….that is your true nature….this….this person that you have become…isn’t who you are…I fear that if you keep going down this path…that innocent and bright person will be lost forever….so I…I….”

“You sneak out behind my back and contacted my brother….” Changmin finished his sentence as he nodded his head

Changmin stares at him intensely finding Minjun to be an interesting person. He doesn’t recognize him, had never heard of his name and yet this person knows him very well. The more he thinks about it, the more he felt like maybe he had meet him before. But regardless if he does know him or not, one thing is true, this man bowing to him wasn’t lying. Even without using the power of the dragon scale in his possession, he knew deep down Minjun is loyal and would not lie. He let out a long sigh before bending down and reach out toward him once more. Upon seeing the hand reach out to him, Minjun became scare but he didn’t dare to run and hide. He closed his eyes tightly waiting for death to come his way. But there wasn’t any death knocking on his door, instead the chain that binds his hands were loosen and removed.

“You brought such troublesome people into the mansion….they are your responsibility now….make sure they stay out of trouble….the last thing I want is an all-out war…” said changmin as he made his way toward the door

Minjun was still in shock over the fact that he wasn’t kill…wasn’t label a traitor and instead was allow to live and even asked to watch over Junsu and Yoochun. Does this mean that Changmin don’t plan to chase them out? Before he could ask the question, changmin had already excited the room and left along with the two hunters. Minjun made his way toward the door and there wasn’t anyone guarding or any kind of trap. At this moment he knew that the kind changmin is still there and he is willing to do anything to keep that person alive.

Jaejoong came out of his room hoping to grab something to drink and a snack. He had his hand under his shirt starching his stomach giving little care to his appearances as he yawned. But the minute he reached the living room he spotted a strange light at the corner of his eyes. He turn to look and to his surprise that light was coming from Soomin. She seem to be unaware of his presence as her eyes is glue onto the little pendant in her hand that has been attached to a silver chain wrap around her neck. The light was silver white and shines brightly.

“Isn’t that….a dragon scale?” jaejoong spoke startling her

She quickly tuck the necklace back under her shirt as the light disappear. Her action made jaejoong curious as to why she is hiding it and why she isn’t making eye contact with him. For a child who seem to void of all emotion, looked very nervous.

“That is a dragon scale….is that…your birth father’s scale?”

“no it is not…” she quickly spoke

“No it is…I know it is….I have seen enough dragon scales to recognize them….”

Soomin did not say a word as she kept her eyes on the ground.

“Why…are you hiding it?” he asked

Once again she did not respond as if she had suddenly become mute

“You lied didn’t you…” came Yunho’s voice as he entered the apartment “I could feel the dragon scale coming from you…you stated you don’t know where your birth father is….but in truth you had that scale that could help you find him….”

“Huh?! You mean…that dragon scale will lead her to her father?!” jaejoong asked in shock

Yunho nodded his head “I told you before that dragon scale is a part of us….it can be used as a power source and it can also be used to find its original body…the fact that it still glows so bright means…her father is still alive”

Soomin didn’t say anything as she clenched the hem of her dress tightly. Yunho look at her for a bit before speaking

“Why did you lied?”

It took Soomin a few minutes to respond “I didn’t lie….I really don’t know where my father is…the only thing I have is this pendant made of his dragon scale that my mother gave me on my 6th birthday….she did not reveal to me where he is…only that when I am alone….I can use this to find him….” she paused a bit as if to gather all her thoughts not wanting the only people who could help her to misunderstand “You see….my mother meet my father when she was in her teen….she often tell me stories of how they meet and how their friendship turn into love….but the love didn’t last long….my mother was a free spirited woman…a strong will person who loves freedom and adventures….being a dragon bride restricted her freedom….restricted her ability to venture….and that is what caused them to often fight….at that time there were no other dragons around….my father fear that by allowing her to roam freely will trigger the attention of the dragon hunters that still exist in the shadows….he didn’t want any harm to come to her….but his protectiveness is what drove her insane….she couldn’t handle the pressure…she couldn’t imagine her life living in secrecry….so she plead for my father to void their bond….to remove her as the dragon bride….”

“Will…that is selfish of her…he only wanted to protect her…and yet she asked him to break the bond that bind them….” spoke jaejoong

“Remind me of someone…” Yunho glanced at jaejoong who return with a glare

“My father loved my mother dearly…but he was weak to her plead and her tears….he only wishes for her happiness so he agree to dissolve the connection they had with one another and return to her the normal life she desire….they went their separate way but shortly afterward….my mother found out she is pregnant with me….she had gone back to him but by that time…it was already too late….my father had already sealed himself away…incase in a thick block of crystalized ice….he would never awoke again and she has no ability to unseal him….she regretted her decision…but it was too late to turn back…my father has been sealed…. and in her stomach is a half breed child….she eventually give birth to me….and had gone to see my father a few times….but as years passed…she went less and less…when I turn 4….my mother meet my step farther and fell in love…they got married and he never knew what I was…or my mother history of being bond to a dragon….but…a month ago…we got into a car accident…..I….was the only one who survived….I don’t know if it was due to the protection of this dragon scale that saved my life or it was because I am half dragon that my luck of surviving is higher….”

Jaejoong couldn’t help but sympathize with her. To lose her parent at such a young age and yet have no clue as to where her real father is….she is basically alone in this big world. Both Yunho and jaejoong exchange looks as Yunho turn his attention back to her

“Even though you can track down your father….you know that you won’t be able to unseal him by yourself….only the blood of a dragon bride can release the seal…this way of sealing is a protective spell for the dragon…it is a thick crystalized ice that cannot be broken nor will it ever melt so the hunters can’t get to their body and take their scales….the only way to remove the seal is through the blood of a dragon bride….but your father did not have one anymore…so he seal himself as a way to never awaken from his slumber….he is very heart broken and sad to use what is supposed to protect him from hunters as a way to escape reality….. .”

“Blood? Release?” jaejoong asked for clarification however neither Yunho or Soomin care to answer his question

“Indeed….my mother had told me that as well…” said Soomin

“So you approached us….in order to help you…?” asked Yunho

Soomin nodded her head “When I left the hospital….I felt the presence of a strong dragon….by following it….it lead me to you…” she turn to look at Yunho “but….I never expected to also find a dragon bride at your side….” she turn to jaejoong “it was both shocking and a relief….it could be that my mother was helping me from beyond to find what I needed in order to be reunited with my real father….”

Yunho was quiet as he thought about everything that she had said before coming to a final decision “Alright, I will allow jaejoong to accompany you and help you….”

This surprised Soomin as well as jaejoong

“Huh!!! I’ll accompany her?! Are you serious?!” jaejoong shouted in disbelief

“However, after we help you….you must have your father help me in return….” Said Yunho

Soomin once again nodded her head knowing very well what Yunho needed help with “Deal…”

She reach out her hand and Yunho grab it gently to seal the deal leaving jaejoong in complete disbelief who has no say in what’s so ever. After further discussion, Yunho went out to the balcony and jaejoong followed closely behind him.

“Are you sure this is alright Yunho?” jaejoong asked with some concerns

“Yes…”

Even though Yunho stated it is alright, jaejoong can’t help but felt anxious about going off to an unknown place with a little girl. What if the dragon hunters comes after them? It’s not like he lacks the ability to fight….but after being in so many near death situation….he can’t help but worried rather he will be able to pull through with his strength alone. Yunho could see the concern in his eyes as he reached out and pat jaejoong on the head like comforting a troubled child.

“Don’t worry…I’ll be coming along as well…I won’t let you go somewhere dangerous and unknown without me tagging along….if I’m not there…who is to protect you….not to mention stop you from causing more trouble….” He smiled softly

Jaejoong felt his heart skipped a beat as his cheeks begin to change color. He can’t understand it but hearing Yunho said these words filled him up with so much warmth that his lip unconsciously curved into a smile. Feeling himself becoming strange, he softly slap Yunho’s hand away

“I’m not a child…stop treating me like one….” jaejoong spoke in an annoyed tone of voice “It’s not like I am worried about my safety…I alone can handle myself very well…”

“I know….your ability to fight is beyond any bride I have seen….I am confident that whatever trouble we might come across…you will be able to carry yourself well…but…I’ll just be there as extra precaution…”

They both stood there leaning against the railing, gazing out into the city as neither said another word fully understanding what each other is thinking. Jaejoong eventually return to the apartment as Yunho stood there deep in thoughts. He couldn’t help but think about the conversation with Boa earlier and pray that by finding this dragon of light, he will be able to get rid of this darkness that has begun to cling onto his very soul. If they fail, he fear, protecting this strong will and stubborn bride who has begun to fill his mind and possibly his heart will be the least of his concern.

While Boa was in her room, MinSeok came in with his usual wide smile and calm personality. She neither greet him nor look at him. She only sat on the couch looking through a book in her hand. Her rude behavior upon his presence didn’t seem to bother him much as he made his way toward her.

“If you are sitting here…enjoying a book…I’m guessing the task I give you has been completely?”

“Yes…”

MinSeok smile as he walked to stand behind her “I Don’t think you heard what the task was…”

Boa didn’t say anything as she kept her gaze on the book. MinSeok reached out and place his hand upon her shoulder lightly

“I am not angry that you didn’t perform the task perfectly like before….I understand that seeing him in so much pain must have also hurt you….making you unable to fight him….test him…like you are supposed to…”

Boa still remain silent as MinSeok continued “However, do keep in mind that this torture…this pain…was all your idea….you wanted him to suffer…and he is….you wanted to break him away from his bride…and soon he will….at the end…the one who will once again stand at his side is you…that is your ultimate goal after all…” he grip on her shoulder became tighten as she felt a sharp pain “I don’t care what you want to do…but…I will warn you…do not like your heart ruin my plan….if you jeopardize everything that I have been working so hard on…I will make sure you will live an eternity in pain….do you understand?”

“Yes…I understand…”

“Good…” said MinSeok as he released her as begun to walk toward the door

Once he exited the room leaving her alone, she quickly stood up and tosses the book aside in rage. How dare he treat her this way? Who does he think he is to grip her shoulder so hard that it bruised? He is just a normal human being while she is an immortal and yet he acts like he stands above her. Just thinking about it made her angrier but she calmed herself down. No matter what, she will have to continue working with him, only through him will she be able to accomplish her goal and obtain the future she desires. When the time come…she will just get rid of him, not even his bone will be left to bury.

 

______________________________

my goodness...chapter 39 already! this is the longest story I had ever written...and it's not close to the end yet...I still have much more to write :) Also thanks for all the upvote, Subscription and great comments!! you guys are the best and you really help keep me going!!