Chirstmas gratitude

Markjin one shots

"Alright guys, let's wrap it up for today" Jaebum called out. Everyone sighed loudly as they took their place to start the dance once again. They had worked their way through their newest songs, and had now gone back to practicing some old ones. It was almost Christmas and they had special concerts and fan meets coming up, so they were working hard to perform their best.

When the song finally finished Jackson collapsed on the ground in exhaustion, Bambam soon falling on top of him. Yugyeom sat down burying his head in his hands. Youngjae leaned against the wall breathing heavily as Jaebum went to turn off the music. He joined Mark who was sat with his back against the wall. Mark lightly dropped his head on his shoulder.

"Jaebum it's Christmas" Mark ushered "can't we at least celebrate Christmas" he asked almost desperately.

"You know we can't, we have concerts and we'll never find time in between to buy presents" Jaebum reasoned.

"We don't necessarily have to buy presents" Youngjae butted in.

"I know" Jaebum said.

"Even then guys" Bambam said "we don't have any time" he said a little sadly. The rest sighed expect for Jackson who seemed to have passed out. Youngjae slid down the wall to sit down.

"At least we can give out fans a nice concert right" Yugyeom said.

"Yes, we'll work hard" he added.

"It will be alright" Jaebum said "we're done for today, let's go" he finished motioning for the rest to get up. Bambam dragged himself off Jackson and started tugging at his arm to get him to move. He was about to get up too when an arm held him down.

"Jinyoung, I don't want to get up" Mark said cutely. He chuckled a little at Mark's silliness.

"You have to" he countered as he held out his hand for Mark to take. He took it with a sigh and heaved himself up. They watched as the rest of the members peeled themselves off the ground and Bambam kept tugging at Jackson's arm without any result.

"Need help" Yugyeom offered him with a sly grin, the exhaustion hadn't wiped away the evilness left in the two youngest. Bambam nodded with a little smile. They started tugging at both of Jackson's arms earning a little groan from the blond.

"Wakey wakey" Bambam almost screamed in Jackson's ear. Jackson groaned loudly now. Jaebum walked up to them and slapped Jackson on his back.

"Come on, time to go" he said, sternly but not harshly. Once Jackson had also dragged himself off the ground they left for their dorm together.

"Dibs on the shower" Bambam called, the others groaned.

"I'm second, cause I'm the oldest" Mark argued, the rest laughed a little at this.

"I can prepare diner" he offered.

"I'll help" Jaebum said.

"We still need to vacuum the living room Youngjae reminded them. They sighed.

"If you and I do the vacuuming Youngjae" Mark said "I have to wait for Bambam anyway"

"I'm going to take a nap" Jackson said so sleepily everyone burst into laughter from his comment.

"You should rest more" Jaebum told him.

"I know I know" Jackson said groggily.

"Haven't you been sleeping again" Bambam asked concerned.

"I'm fine" Jackson shot back.

As soon as they arrived at their dorm everyone resisted the urge to collapse on their bed and never wake up again. They all went their respective ways to do their tasks. It was a good thing Bambam went to shower first, he always took ages. Yugyeom ended up helping with cleaning up, and he and Jaebum made their way towards the kitchen.

"Alright, ramen it is I'm afraid" Jaebum said after checking the cupboards.

"There's some kimchi left here" he countered.

"We still have some eggs I believe" he said as he rechecked the lower drawers.

"Alright, we'll make it work" he said with a little sigh.

"Someone needs to get some new groceries though" Jaebum concluded. He nodded as he started on the ramen. Suddenly someone put their arms around him and he felt a head land on his shoulder. He turned his head a little to come face to face with a tired looking Mark.

"You should rest" he told him softly "we all know your prone to injuries and colds, and a lack of sleep certainly doesn't help"

"Yeah I know" Mark said "I'll go to sleep right after diner"

"You still have to shower" he responded.

"Can you move over a bit" Yugyeom asked "I'm trying to work here" he said in a mock irritated tone. They laughed and parted as he brought their bowls to the table. Mark grabbed a couple too and set them down.

"I'll get Jackson you get Bambam" he asked. Mark laughed slightly.

"Don't want another one of those encounters do you" he asked with a grin. He had once gone to get Bambam after a shower and found him dancing and singing into a hair brush, a pink towel wrapped around his head and one around his lower body. He cringed at the memory and laughed. Of course everyone else had known.

"Not particularly" he said as he moved toward Jackson's room. He saw him sprawled out on the bed, mouth wide open, fast asleep. He softly pinched his nose to wake him up. Always worked. Jackson stirred a little and opened his eyes. He rolled over almost hitting Jinyoung in the face, but he managed to dodge the hand. He had done this way to often.

"Food's ready" he said softly, in his most angelic voice. The word food worked like magic on almost all the members and Jackson was up straight in an instance.

"Great" he mumbled as he slid out of bed. They made their way towards the kitchen    where the rest was already eating and chatting happily despite of their exhaustion.

"So what exactly is the plan for tomorrow" Yugyeom asked once they were all finished. Jaebum looked up and coughed.

"Both days we'll have two fanmeets and one concert in the evening" he explained "we'll go through our old and new songs as well as Christmas special ones. But you knew this" he finished.

"I can't believe our fans are actually willing to come and see us on Christmas" Jackson said "they're really amazing"

"Yeah, and this is about the only way for us to thank them" Bambam said a little sadly.

"We could make a special Christmas video message" he suggested. Bambam looked up with a smile.

"Yeah we should" Youngjae said happily.

"Good idea" Bambam agreed.

"Well we do have the day after Christmas off, maybe we can fit it in then" Jaebum said.

"I'm gonna take a shower" Mark said. Everyone stared up at him, his comment being so awfully off topic that they couldn't help but burst into laughter.

"What, is it illegal to go shower or something" Mark asked confused and left.

"I'll clean up" Youngjae said.

"I'll help, I'm done anyway" Bambam answered.

"Well I'm going back to bed, goodnight guys" Jackson said.

"You should take a shower" he still said as good nights resonated around him, only receiving a little grunt from Jackson. He smiled slightly and left for his room. As soon as Mark had finished he slipped behind him to take a shower as well, he knew better than to wait.

When he re-entered his room, hair still wet and a towel draped over his shoulder he wasn't surprised to see Mark lying on his bed scrolling through his phone. Mark looked up as he entered and smiled a little. He dried his hair and plopped down on the bed next to Mark.

"What's up" he asked. Mark sighed and put his phone away. He slid down a little and put his head on Jinyoung's chest, right where his arm met his torso, he put an arm around him and Mark sighed again. It wasn't strange for them to cuddle up, they were closer than any of the other members were. Or they were as far as they knew.

"It's just, you know, the whole performing on Christmas thing" he said softly. He knew that back in America Christmas was way bigger than it was for them in Korea, and that that was usually why Mark looked at it differently than they did. He took it harder than most of them. The fact that he couldn't be with his actual family probably also didn't really do him well.

"We could do a third Christmas day you know" he suddenly said. Mark looked up at him.

"We're free that day right" he said, a smile spreading on his face. He nodded.

"Yeah, we could make it work I guess" he continued "but the rest will be too tired" he sighed out. He snuggled up to him a little closer.

"We'll see about it alright" he said.

"Yeah sure. I can stay here tonigh right" he asked. He chuckled a little. No, sleeping snuggled up together was nothing new either.

"Of course, don't stress to much okay" he said. He felt Mark nod.

"Night" he said.

"Good night"

~

"Alright, rise and shine people" he vaguely heard Jaebum's voice filter through his dreams. He groaned at the weight he felt pushing on his body, remembering it was Mark. He opened his eyes and rubbed away the sleep.

"Alright Mark, time to get up" he shook Mark softly. He heard him groan as well and soon the weight left his body. He rolled out of his bed himself as well and made his way toward the bathroom. He splashed his face with some water and went to join the others for breakfast.

Then they went through the usual train of events. Getting dressed, traveling to the location, going through dressing, hair and make-up, and the wait, the ever so long wait until the fan meet actually began. He was seated next to Mark who didn't look as tired anymore. The rest of the members seemed to be cheerier and less tired as well, but everyone was quiet.

"So guys" Mark suddenly said "how about a third Christmas day"

He looked at him in surprise, he hadn't expected Mark to start about it. The rest looked at him in surpirse too.

"You mean the day we're free" Youngjae asked. Mark nodded.

"Oh my God, that's a great idea" Jackson exclaimed excitedly "we could go into town and get presents, like a secret Santa kind of thing, and then we could go out to eat"

It was sure to say that Jackson loved Christmas as well.

"That's actually a really nice idea" Jaebum said thoughtfully.

"Yeah, we can make Christmas work with the seven of us right" Bambam butted in.

"It was actually Jinyoung's idea" Mark softly added. Everyone smiled and turned toward Yugyeom.

"What" he asked "of course I like the idea" he said as no one turned away.

"Are you ready guys" their manager came up to them "we're about to start" he continued. They exchanged looks.

"Can we let the fans do something today" Jaebum asked. Their manager looked at them curiously, probably considering wether he wanted to know what they were on about.

"If it's nothing dangerous, then I guess you can" he finally complied carefully. The rest cheered, already catching on to what Jaebum was thinking.

Soon the doors opened and fans started piling into the room. They happily welcomed them and tried their best to show how grateful they were for their fan's support. Next to him Mark was acting cute, a headband with reindeer antlers the gave light perched on top of his head, a gift of one of the fans. He himself was wearing a Christmas hat, also adorned with lights as he smiled happily at a young fan.

About half an hour into the fan meet Jaebum got up and grabbed a microphone.

"Alright everyone, we're going to need your help today" he announced, making some people scream with nerves."We're going to celebrate Christmas and we were thinking about doing secret Santa, but we still have to pick secret Santas. So we have a bowl here with pieces of paper with our names on it, and I'll need seven volunteers to pick these papers for us" he exclaimed.

Immediately several hands shot up in the air and they went around choosing people to pick out their secrets Santas. He ended up getting Mark. He panicked a little, not at all knowing what to get Mark, but for now he decided to just pay attention to the fan meet.

They breezed through the two fan meets, but when the time came for their concert they were starting to feel the exhaustion seeping in again. As soon as the concert was finished they went back to their dorm and without saying too much fell asleep quickly. 

~

The next day was a lot like the one before, and when they woke up on their free day they found it was already close to 12 in the morning. They were all awfully tired, but their excitement for celebrating Christmas and being out finally got them out of bed.

After having finished the necessary business they got dressed and finally went out to celebrate their free day.

"Ah freedom" Jackson exclaimed, dramatically breathing in some fresh air.

"You're too dramatic hyung" Bambam said walking up next to Jackson.

"Yeah you are" Mark agreed coming up next to Jinyoung and draping his arm around his shoulder. He smiled up at Mark and Mark smiled back brightly.

"Where do we go first" Youngjae exclaimed excitedly.

"Maybe we should go our separate ways and then meet up at the restaurant" Jaebum suggested.

"Ah, the ever so suggestive leader strikes again" Yugyeom said mockingly making Jaebum chase after him in anger.

"It is a good idea" he said, watching Jaebum and Yugyeom circle around each other.

"Alright, let's split up then" a panting Jaebum butted in.

They made their way into town together and then decided to go their seperare ways. Bambam, Jackson and Yugyeom decided to get some food somewhere first, while Jaebum and Youngjae went toward a popular clothing store.

"I guess it's just us then" Mark said in mock mischief. He smiled back.

"Yeah yeah, where did you want to go" he answered. Mark steered him into a busy street.

"The new bookstore" he answered as they made their way through crowds of shopping people. As Mark went into the bookstore he went into the little CD shop next to it to get Mark a new album of an American singer he had wanted for a while. He quickly wrote a Christmas message on the card and left the store to meet Mark outside, present wrapped tightly in his arms.

"Ready" he asked fanciful as he held out his arm for Mark to take.

"Oh yes of course my good sir" Mark replied, taking his arm with a flick of his hand. He laughed and they started walking toward the restaurant. They settled down at a large table being the first ones to arrive.

Soon the other members started filling in as well and they ordered drinks.

"Should we record the Christmas message now" Yugyeom asked as he sipped his drink.

"Oh right" Jaebum said and immediately got out his phone "okay everyone, 1, 2, 3"

Everyone burst out in loud cheers and hello's as soon as the camera was on.

"1, 2, 3, come and get it Got7" Jaebum said and everyone joined him. A few more hello's were heard and a few of them waved enthusiastically.

"Hello everyone, we just wanted to sent you this special Christmas message to wish you a lovely Christmas and a happy and healthy next year" Mark said calmly.

"We want to thank all our amazing fans for supporting us and always being their for us" Jackson added.

"And we hope you can keep supporting us and we will work hard in the future" Bambam, surprisingly, said.

"We'll make sure to do our best and make even better music for you" he said.

"And all the best wishes to all of you, thank you very much" Jaebum finished and they all bowed at the camera and then burst out in happy cheers again before Jaebum turned it off.

"Alright, I'll post it later" he said "first, food" Jaebum continued with a smile and the two maknaes burst out in cheers again. 

When they had ordered food and it was served they decided it was time to exchange presents. They all put their present on the table.

"We could start from the oldest" Youngjae suggested as they all stared at the presents, not knowing what to do. Some of them nodded and Mark grabbed his present and handed it over to Youngjae. His eyes widened as he tore off the little card attached.

"Dear Youngjae" he read out loud, he smiled up at Mark brightly before continuing "You have worked really hard last year and I have to tell you we are all very proud of you. You have learnt and grown, and most of all become more confident. We believe in you, and are grateful to have you in our group, you always manage to brighten up our moods. Thank you so much for everything you have done for us and I hope you will continue improving and growing, and enjoy you present" he finished. He looked up at Mark, happiness evident all over his face.

"Thank you so much hyung" he said and happily turned to opening his present. It was a large book title English for beginners. Youngjae laughed and kept thanking Mark over and over.

"Alright, my gift is for you" Youngjae finally said as he passed his gift on to Jaebum. Jaebum smiled as he opened the card.

"Do I have to read it out loud" he asked looking up at them. The maknaes were yelling that he had to, but he lightly shook his head to indicate differently, if he didn't want to he didn't have to. As he read the card his smile grew increasingly larger. Finally after having opened his present, which were new headphones since his had broken, and Jaebum could get grumpy without his headphones.

"Okay" he said, his face becoming a little more serious as he passed his present on to Bambam. Bambam smiled mischievously and opened his card eagerly.

"Dear Bambam, you are really annoying sometimes, you know that right. But that aside, I think we can all say you have really improved this year, you have grown up a little more and you bring a great vibe and diversity to the group. We are proud of you and hope that you will continue improving and working hard in the future" he said and he smiled a little, all the mischief vanished from his face.

He opened his present, which was oddly shaped and turned out to be a set of make-up brushes. He looked up at Jaebum questioningly.

"Apply your make-up with brushes in the future will you" he said, trying to hold back a smile. Bambam laughed.

"Thanks hyung, okay next" he passed his gift onto Jackson. Jackson smiled and read the little card. 

"Awww" he exclaimed.

"What, what did it say" Yugyeom asked. Jackson smirked.

"That's a secret" he said mysteriously but obviously failing. He opened his present which was a new cap. "Can never have enough of these" he said as he studied the cap "thank you" he finished. Then he passed his present to Yugyeom.

Yugyeom cheered like a little kid and immediately opened his gift.

"Yugyeom" Youngjae exclaimed.

"What, the card only says to look inside" Yugyeom said. His present was a full set of clothing and a set of earrings. "Is there something wrong with my style" he asked mock offended.

"Oh come on, they're from the new line that's not actually out yet, I knew you wanted these" Jackson said.

"Yeah I know, thanks a lot hyung" Yugyeom said. Jackson's eyes grew at the formality, but he let it pass without teasing him. Suddenly a present was shoved in front of his nose. He looked up to see Yugyeom smiling at him.

"I don't trust this" he said with a laugh. Yugyeom just pushed the present closer to him. There was no card so he just opened the present. It was a new book, one he'd been planing on reading for the longest time but never got around to do it.

"How did you know" he asked.

"Please, you don't shut up about it" Yugyeom said dramatically making the rest burst out in laughter.

"Well thank you" he said. Finally he passed his present on to Mark, feeling the nerves growing in his stomach. Mark smiled at him and took off the little card.

"Mark, a merry Christmas to you, please don't miss your family too much. Thank you for always being there for us. You're still the oldest even if you don't always act like it, when you have to, you do. You're a great friend and group member and we would be a different without you. Thank you for everything" he said. He felt his face heating up a little after he had finished.

He eagerly opened the present and his smile grew even larger.

"Thank you so much, these cost a fortune around here" he said as he hugged him as far as that was possible with the table in between them.

"You're welcome" he whispered in his ear.

After the presents they happily continued eating and chatting and didn't return to their dorm until late in the evening.

When he finally returned to his room after a shower Mark was already there. As soon as he saw him he opened up his arms and he gladly fell into them, hugging him tightly.

"Thank you" Mark said. He didn't have to ask what for, and he wouldn't. He pulled away and lightly pecked his lips. Mark's eyes widened.

"Merry Christmas Mark" he said cheekily.

"Merry Christmas Jinyoung"