A significant annoyance

Markjin one shots

A/N

Double update today because this one is a Harry Potter AU. I wanted to try something different, but if you don't like these kind of stories please just skip to the next chapter.

~

"Parkie" a voice rang through the corridor.

"Go away Mark" he said without having to look up from his book to know who was speaking. He'd recognize that voice out of a thousand.

"But I don't wanna" the gryffindor pouted in fake disappointment. Yes Mark really knew how to test his patience.

"Well, I don't want you around, sadly not everyone always gets what they want" he snapped slamming his book shut and getting up. He hurriedly left the library and decided to retreat to the ravenclaw common room. He groaned slightly as he pushed his glasses up his nose. He plopped down on a comfy chair and went back to reading his book on potions.

When it was finally diner time he went down to the great hall where Jaebum was already waiting for him. Many people thought their friendship was rather peculiar, as Jaebum was a slytherin, but he never thought of Jaebum as a bad person.

"Hey Parkie" he heard from behind him followed by snickering. He turned around to face the all too familiar face.

"I swear Tuan, one more time and I will hex you into oblivion" he threatened. Jaebum put a hand on his shoulder to calm him down. They both knew very well that Jinyoung was capable of keeping that promise. Still Mark didn't seem impressed.

"Why the rivalry" he said with a chuckle "aren't the houses supposed to work together peacefully"

"Not when someone of said house is being a prick" he countered.

"Jinyoung, let's go" he heard Jaebum say with a steady voice. Okay, maybe their friendship wasn't completely odd. Jaebum often told him that he should have been the one placed in slytherin. He turned around and walked into the great hall together with Jaebum.

As none of his friends were in ravenclaw he often just joined Jaebum and Yugyeom at the slytherin table. Sometimes Youngjae would invite him over at the huffelpufs, but never did he even come close to the gryffindor table if he didn't really have to. Sometimes Yugyeom wanted to talk to Bambam, a friend of his that was in fact a gryffindor, but he would just keep his distance. He didn't dispise all gryffindors, just a certain red haired one.(It's not like he didn't know the colour was artificial, apparently mugles called it hair dye)

The boy had ever since last year. Because Yugyeom and Bambam were friends they sometimes saw each other trough their mutual friends, and as they got a little closer Mark had started anoying him. Ever since then he had made sure to keep enough distance between the two of them, but Mark always seemed to find him.
~
He sighed deeply as he watched Mark basically ruin their potion. Their potions professor had obviously thought it would be just hilarious to pair them up together. It was bad enough having class with a rowdy bunch of gryffindors, but being paired up with Mark, who had no idea what he was doing whatsoever, was really all he could take today.

"No, Mark. Stir clockwise, not anti clockwise. Did you even read the instruction" he sighed out. Mark looked up at him, trying, but failing at his usual smug expression.

"Like you could do it any better" he huffed, lacking his usual flair.

He took the spoon from Mark and started stirring clockwise. He felt Mark's eyes burn into the side of his head as he continued fixing up the mess Mark called a potion.

"Of course, the perfect example of a ravenclaw you are" Mark huffed.

"Shut up Tuan" he grumbled back.

"Oh, hurt your fragile feelings" he snapped.

"Are you sure that you shouldn't be in slytherin" he countered. He heard Mark gasp a little and knew he had hit the right spot. He knew that the rivalry between gryffindor and slytherin was the worst, and that gryffindors hated being associated with them.

"That was too far Park" Mark hissed.

"I'm so scared now" he said sarcastically.

"Gentlemen" the voice of their professor rang through the dungeons "can you stop bickering and finish your potion"

The rest of the class consisted of them throwing glares at each other.
~
He sighed as he dropped himself next to Jaebum at the slytherin table. He wasn't hungry at all.

"You look terrible" Jaebum, who was fully enjoying his diner, remarked.

"Thanks for reminding me" he sighed out.

"You should eat, the beef is great" Jaebum said with his mouth stuffed with food.

"Not hungry" he said. He grabbed his book and opened it where he left off. Books were his way of escaping people, of secluding himself from reality.

"You should come to the game his weekend" Jaebum suddenly said, snapping his attention away from his book "slytherin against gryffindor" he said. Jaebum was the keeper of slytherin's quiditch team and often asked him to come and watch, even if Jaebum himself didn't have to play. He personally didn't really see the fun of the game, but usually went to support his friend.

"Alright" he said absentmindedly, before realising that Mark was the seeker of gryffindor's team, and going straight back to his book.

That night he immediately fell asleep as soon as he collapsed on his bed.
~
He shivered as he stumbled down the stone steps. He was maybe a little late. He was never late. He felt a little off lately, but he had no idea why. He heard hurried footsteps behind him. An arm was thrown loosely around his shoulders.

"Come to see me Parkie" the redhead, already dressed for the game asked smugly. That was probably he dread he had been feeling.

"No" he groaned as he pushed Mark's arm off his shoulder. Mark's grin became even wider.

"Sure" he said skipping ahead "well, gonna be late so I'd better run" Mark said sprinting off. He sighed. He hated people that were always late. He himself was one at the moment too so he rushed towards the levitated stands. He took a seat just as the game started.

Because of the cold weather it soon started snowing. He could barely see the players, and he could imagine they must be struggling to get around too. He saw a flash of red and gold speed by. He could recognize the mob of red hair from kilometres distance. It looked like his significant annoyance, as Jaebum liked to call him, had spotted the snitch.

Soon he saw another blur of green speed after him, trying to catch up. As far as he could make out, the two seekers were now head to head, speeding after something he couldn't possible see from this distance. He sighed and leaned back in his seat, most of his interest lost. His fingers were freezing and all he wanted now was to get back inside and dry up.

He saw Jaebum pass the quaffle to another team mate but Bambam intercepted it and managed to score another point for gryffindor with the help of Jackson. He was straining his eyes to follow the red ball when he heard a loud crash. He saw a green and a red figure tumble down to the ground at top speed.

Tuan. It had been his significant anoyance tumbling down to the ground. Not that he cared of course, should serve him well, a few days in the hospital wing. He had some injuries, but not enough to seriously harm him or damage him. Too bad.

Okay he was maybe slightly worried.

Yeah, he was worried.

The game had been called off immediately when the two players had fallen and he had quickly gone back inside not even waiting for a soaked Jaebum. He had not noticed anything from the two boys being brought to the hospital wing, or the huge commotion that had followed.

Not until Jaebum had joined him in the library. He had been doing his homework peacefully when Jaebum had come in and started ranting about "those bloody gryffindors". He was fuming, saying that the crash was set up in order for them to not lose the game. Jinyoung had silently chuckled as he listened to his friend's story.
~
For some reason the next couple of days felt empty. Without his significant annoyance around there was no teasing, no name calling, no foolish pranks, no sudden bursting out in front of him just to scare him. He hated to admit it, but he missed the rowdy gryffindor. It felt like there was something missing, just like you feel like you're forgetting something just when you have to leave. You didn't quite know what it was or why you felt that way, but it was still there.

Still his pondering didn't take long. Just when Jaebum decided to say something about it at breakfast the third day he felt a sudden dread wash over him, like the feeling you have when someone is watching you, or following you.

"Jinyoung" Jaebum said snapping his fingers in front of his face. He had again joined the slytherin table for breakfast.

"Yeah, what" he asked.

"You've been off lately, like really off" Jaebum started, but he soon lost attention again. His eyes were fixed on the doors to the great hall. Just as he wanted to turn away again the gryffindor table started cheering loudly. His head shot back to see Mark walking trough the door like he had never dropped down from his broom. The slytherin player, who had already been released, gave him a scowl and continued eating.

He quickly turned back to his food when Mark's eyes met his. Still too late as he felt Mark aproaching him. He felt two hands land on his shoulders.

"Miss me" he heard someone ask behind him.

"No" he said, trying not to let his voice make clear how worried he had been.

"Ah come now, don't lie to me" Mark said taking the freedom to sit down next to him.

"Wrong house Tuan" Jaebum scoffed. Mark just raised his eyebrows at him.

"I'm sure Parkie here would like to catch up" he said casually.

"When will you just leave me alone" he spit at the gryffindor a little louder than expected. Marks expression changed, almost like he was hurt.

"Right" he said quietly and left for the gryffindor table again.

"He never learns does he" Jaebum complained.

"No" he said, but not without a little guilt sounding through his voice.

His first class after breakfast was transfiguration, of course with the gryffindors. He hurried to make his way towards his classroom. As he struggled to make his way through a group of gryffindors he heard laughing all around him.

"Hey Parkie" he heard one of them say mockingly.

"Can't really fit into any house can you" he heard someone else say. More laughter.

"Yeah, always trying to get attention from our seeker"

"Will you just leave him alone"

"He is not interested you " was the last thing he heard before a large fit of laughter erupted from the entire group. 

He quickly slipped inside his classroom and took a seat. The professor started explaining their topic for today, human transfiguration, when a body heavily dropped into the seat next to him. His eyes shifted away from his notes to see a familiar head of red hair. He groaned and looked back to the professor. To his surprise Mark didn't say anything but just took out his book and started taking notes.

"Alright class, we'll try the practical part to this lesson now" their professor announced "I want you to pair up with the person sitting next to you and try the charm on each other. It's supposed to change the form of a person fully, but if anything goes wrong just call my attention. Alright, you may start" she said. 

He threw a glance at Mark and saw him sighing. As the rest around them got out of their seats, Mark didn't seem to be moving anywhere soon.

"You too" their professor said as she walked past "nothing can go wrong"

They got out of their seats reluctantly and faced each other. He threw Mark a glare.

"You can start" Mark told him.

"Oh I will" he said "I told you I would hex you into oblivion if anything ever happened again" he said devilishly. Mark's expression changed.

"I don't-"

"Oh, you know very well what I'm talking about" he sneered. He reached for his wand and pointed it straight at Mark. Mark's eyes widened in fear.

"Oh come on, just tell me what you're talking about" Mark said, trying to avoid Jinyoung's rage. But Jinyoung wasn't buying it. He repeated the spell their professor had given them and watched as Mark slowly transformed into a little dog. 

He started barking furiously and Jinyoung watched him angrily. The spell wasn't life threatening or harming in any way, he had never really intended to hurt Mark even though it might seem like it, but it was sure humiliating. He hoped Mark realised not to mess with him.

"Mr. Park, Mr. Park" his teacher's voice sounded through the classroom "will you please return Mr. Tuan to his original state" she demanded, not asking at all. He heard some of his fellow ravenclaws snicker. He nodded and quickly spoke a counter spell. He saw Mark grow back to his human shape.

Just as Mark was about to say something they heard the signal that class was dismissed. Their professor still called out the homework to them and he left as quickly as possible. He rushed through the hallway. He had a free period now, but he wanted to get away from his significant annoyance. 

Suddenly he felt a hand tug at his wrist and he was dragged into an empty classroom. The door was shut behind him and he turned around to come eye to eye with him.

"Now will you for the love of God tell me what on earth is going on" Mark exclaimed panting slightly.

"You are the one that had to start spreading rumours about me" he huffed indignantly.

"What rumours" he asked.

"Don't play dumb with me" he spat. Mark's expression changed as something seemed to down on him.

"No they didn't, those bastards, I'll teach them" he mumbled.

"Excuse me" he sneered. Mark's head shot up and he sighed.

"I'm sorry, I think it were my friends. I never told them to do it and I'm really sorry if they said very rude things about you" Mark said while rubbing his face.

"Did you just apologize for something you didn't even do" he asnwered in disbelief.

"Am I not even allowed to care anymore" Mark exclaimed.

"You never have" he countered.

"Of course I have" Mark exclaimed, throwing him off guard.

"What" he asked quietly.

"You know me as the loud, obnoxious, annoying, rude gryffindor, but at least you know me" he said sitting down on an abandoned table "how else was I going to get your attention" he sighed out.

"And now you hate me and you don't want me around, and you think I'm spreading bad stuff about you, but at least I'm on your mind"

"I don't hate you" he said without hesitating. Mark laughed humourlessly.

"Don't flatter me" he said coldly. He sighed and walked over to sit next to him.

"Look, I believe you when you say that you didn't spread those rumours about me" he heard Mark sigh out of relief "but what was all that about"

"Nothing, I got a little caught up, just forget what I said" he said sounding sad. He turned his head to look at him. 

This guy, his significant annoyance, for some reason he always liked that name, probably because it hinted at something else, something more. He'll admit, Mark was handsome, even with the strangely coloured hair, hell even more with the strangely coloured hair. And hearing him say all these things, him trying so desperately to get his attention, even in a bad way, he couldn't help but feel flattered.

Mark looked back at him. He took his time to stare into his dark eyes. Eyes that he had always believed to be cold but were actually full of warmth.

"The howler on Valentine's" he said chuckling "the present for Christmas, the idiotic charmed paper planes flying around me for entire days" he continued. Mark grinned mischievously "really" he asked "really?" He started laughing and Mark soon joined him.

"Alright" he said when he was done laughing "forgiven and forgotten"

"So you did like my little actions" Mark asked the smug tone back into his voice.

"Cocky doesn't suit you well" he fired back.

"Too bad I only wear it around you" Mark said. He smiled a little. He only noticed now how close their face actually were.

"You know you were right" he said, daring to inch a little closer still. He had no idea what on earth he was doing, but for some reason he felt brave.

"About" Mark asked, not completely noticing what he was doing yet.

"You were indeed on my mind" he said. He could still see Mark's grin before pressing their lips together. He could feel Mark smiling through their kiss. When they pulled away he was still smiling.

"You are sure brave for a ravenclaw" he admitted.

"You are sure sneaky for a gryffindor" he answered before bringing their lips together again.